Let’s pretend for a minute that Ford isn’t gay. Which motor for a 2014~ F150 is better. 3.5 EcoBoost or 5.0 V8...

Let’s pretend for a minute that Ford isn’t gay. Which motor for a 2014~ F150 is better. 3.5 EcoBoost or 5.0 V8? My friend who had a lifted straight piped ‘98 Tacoma in HS (that was an overpriced pos) and thought he was badass is thinking about trading in his 2014~ Lifted Tacoma (which is actually pretty nice) for a 2014~ lifted F-150 EcoBoost and I told him the 5.0 would be a better way to go and he’s being a fag. I know it’s because he thinks everything with a turbo is amazing and if it’s loud, it sounds good even though loud =/= good. (The EcoBoost isn’t loud stock but knowing him, he’d try to make it loud)

5.slow or bust

Five Liter all day long

t. former ford tech

5.0>ecoboom

I’ll take a big understressed V8 over a high-strung turbocharged engine any day

Ford Tech here

For that Gen, Ecoboost. Hell even the next gen the Ecoboost 3.5, The 5.0L This gen isn't nearly as powerful. The Next gen The 5.0L gets a substantial bump and is really great even for towing. For the Generation your looking at the 5.0L is sorta meh.

Reliability wise both are great. The Ecoboost will seap oil here and there but thats about it.

Ford trucks are weird. They ride rough as fuck if you aren't towing anything.

Get a hint

what the fuck are you talking about, my 13 rides like a damn cloud

This.
V6 Ecobootht Trucklet engine? No thanks.
I like engines that don't* get captured.

But Chevy's are smooth driving with or without loads in my experience. I'm not one of those retards who jerks off to towing capacity. If you need to tow more you can get the next size up.

>high-strung
>10.0:1 compression and makes peak torque at 2400rpm
are y'all pretending to be retarded or nah

My friend is also trying to say that you can’t single turbo a v6 because “it has two headers”. I’m new to mechanics but who is the retarded one here? (I know the newest EcoBoost is TT)

your friend is a fucking idiot

You don't stick a tiny engine in a truck. You don't see semi tractors dropping their 14l's for 6.7l's. A small engine making big power is going to be stressed in a truck. Even the 5.0 is a little small for a truck.

Tell your nigga friend to get a diesel

truck manufacturers have been sticking small engines in full size trucks for decades man

people abuse the fuck out the 5.0 in Mustangs all the time with hundreds of hp over stock all the time. you're being paranoid for absolutely no reason. 70-80% of the time these engines are kept below 4000rpm in these trucks and maybe 10% of the life of them actually towing something.

For a long time they put the 5.7 Hemi in Ram 2500s. It was/is suitable as a 3/4ton truck engine that would see a hard life. Ford's 6.2, Chevy's 6.0, see,

The eco-bootht trucklet engines are NOT being put in superduties, that is not an accident.

A little boosted engine is suitable in a car, that does not need that power to get out of its own way, and will not be used to tow, or haul.
The turbos fly on when the driving gets sporty, it's not trying to overcome the weight of a ~5,000lb truck with load.

The ecoboost is EPA-CAFE V8-Assault-weapons-ban compliance. It is. It's submission to a government gimmick.

"Muh horsepower, muh torque" - Yet they put a 6.2L V8 piece of pigiron in the superduty, not the 3.5 with a 10 speed?
It's about power and it's made to yada yada - why isn't it in the superduty?
Seriously that's not an accident.
"well the 6.2 is better for" - Truck stuff.
The 6.2L big V8, is better, for truck stuff.
They put a 6.4 In Rams.
A 6.0 in the Silverado HDs.
Large displacement V8 is the right format for a gas engine in a truck.

stuff like this reminds me how many oldfags post here.

>ecoboost
Where did this meme come from? Literally the only problem with these engines is the timing chain from the 11-12s which Ford fixed. And even then I know a few guys who drove to 150k with the chattering chain from 75k, no big deal. Other issue is a weird piece of plumbing that comes off the gassoff bottle for coolant to sometimes peaks. There's a $10 kit of Amazon that replaces the piece and fixes the leak for good.

The short block in the EB is a fucking champ compared to the every other mid size engine, the rods/pistons/drivetrain can easily deal with 800hp(as evidenced by rbrown on the EB forum) and stock is putting out half that.

But buy the coyote, idgaf

Large displacement V8 is the right format for anything

>maybe 10% of the life of them actually towing something.
Your being very generous there, 99% of truck owners will tow a dirt bike or two once a year if that

>not carrying your toys around with you all the time

The Ecoboost is a easily a 3/4 ton motor in a half ton truck. If you have ever towed with one, you'll know it can definitely tow a lot more than 12k, or whatever the F150 is up to nowadays.

They put the 6.2L in the Super Duty because Mexicans can beat on it all day long and it won't break. The 3.5L does require more maintenance and proper care, but it blows the fuck out of the 6.2L when it comes to towing, it's not even close.