E30 Alternatives

I want to get an E30, preferably a 4 door, but I can't find a cheap one. I have about a $3000 budget give or take and the cheapest one I've found is 5k. I love Euro cars, rally cars, and 90s cars. Hatchbacks are cool too.

I found a 1991 Toyota Corolla for $1500, a 1998 Accord, and a 1998 Volkswagen Golf for $1000

Other urls found in this thread:

autoscout24.nl/aanbod/bmw-325-ix-benzine-blauw-2415c062-9023-1e76-e053-e350040aa6b3?cldtidx=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

P10 G20
E21
E36

Fuck off bitch. You're poor as fuck and useless.

>I want to get an E30
So do I. Tell me if you find one that isn't either $14k+ or being parted out because it no longer runs.

I'm not willing to compromise on alternatives. I'm that autistic.
>you will never find your E30 325iX because only 1,000 were sold in burgerland

just buy an e46 and stop being a special snowflake fag

Your only option is an E36

E21. I had one before my E30, very fun little cars and drive quite similarly to E30s.

w201

Actually buying an E30 325i for 1.2K
Shit interior but I can fix it easy
Runs great with an M20 I6 SOHC

FUCK ME RIGHT?

Without needing 4 doors
E36 compact
Same basic suspension layout so they handle the same
Slightly better balance because the distance from the firewall to the axle is bigger.
Plug and play 6 cylinder swaps

The E36 sedan and coupe are good but handling fairly benign in compariaon

>I love rally cars. Integrale, E30 M3, the list could go on
>*buys a diesel shitbox that was already pigfat and slow 40 years ago*
Every time.

There is a clean 325iX for 5k in my country.
Too bad im yuropoor

rightt

autoscout24.nl/aanbod/bmw-325-ix-benzine-blauw-2415c062-9023-1e76-e053-e350040aa6b3?cldtidx=1

>300k+ on the odo
>autotragic
>has more than 11 previous owners
>No MOT since last year august

Yeah there is something sketchy about this car. These cars are normally worth more than 8 grand.

E34, check it.

2 liter DOHC sierra

Just get a civic for 3k

This.
Newsflash: You're not special. You're not God's gift to racing and car maintenance. Start with a cheap meme shitbox while you're inexperienced and poor and upgrade later on if you still think that it is worth it.

Luchjenbroers (or smth like this) a dutch company made seven of these pre facelift two door tourings way before bmw made theirs.
Happens I know where one of those is located.

Correction: they made four, one of which is RHD and one is still owned by the company

Nice. Have fun user, replace that timing belt asap and your glorious M20 will last forever. If you plan on tracking it I'd install an oil pan baffle....ask me how I know :(

If you're going to daily it get an e39, its more late 90s / early 00s in looks though.

Fully/well optioned you get the everything and more even by todays standards.

They're arguably one of the best cars ever made, cheap as fuck now too. Comes with the infamous m52/m54 which is bullet proof (once you replace the OEM plastic water pump) or if you want more power the m62 is a german quad cam V8, nuff said.

Pros:
-Statistically one of the safest cars to this day (for post 1997 models with introduction of curtain airbags and extra spot welds to prevent leg injury)
-Handles stupidly well even ignoring the fact its a luxury sedan
-comfy as fuck interior with AC that can give you pneumonia
-parts are plentiful and cheap
-reliable as fuck once you fix that water pump
-still looks great
-cheap as fuck

cons:
-That water pump, if its been overheated the block and head are aluminium so its basically toasted so avoid ones with overheating issues.
-CCV system is aids if you live in a place that gets below freezing (google e39 ccv delete)
-They're pretty big compared to e30s/golfs/accords if you want something small.
-window regulators appear to be made using same plastic as water pump and disintigrate over time.

525i or 530i if you want dat smooth as fuck straight 6 or 540i if you want a stronk 4.0 quad cam v8, if you live in 'murica the 540i msport in manual is pretty common but a lot more expensive. avoid 528i and 535i in auto (something to do with bad gear ratios killing the trans)