R/vn/-Halloween edition

Visual Novel General #1597

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/
vndb.org/r47877
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What was it like? I didn't read it.

Touko gets locked up in the shrine for eternity basically, and it ends with old as fuck Souishichi's going to visit her and dying by breaching the shrine's barrier to touch her hand

reminder that we literally exposed subahibi to be a lucky star ripoff

That's... that's awful.

so does that mean they have a 50% IQ? I don't understand the metric.

>r/vn/
For what purpose?

Is OP shitposting.

Accidental typo I swear

someone make a real non reddit thread

Real thread when?

OP here. If someone wants to make a thread without that fuckup, go ahead

you literally killed /vn/, you bastard

don't be autistic, just use this fucking thread

>visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/
>Latest nekopara vol. 1
>2014-12-22
Is this really the latest?

no you dumb fucker use vndb

We stopped updating that wiki a long-ass time ago. As said, everybody just uses vndb now

its okay, not all vg wikis/sites can be eyosongive.us

>people there now probably dont even know why its called that

>r/vn/
This is the future you chose

Favorite sub?

loli

meow_irl+woof_irl

Which version of umineko should i buy? i want to play it for the first time lit

Umineko was too convoluted for me sober, good luck.

what the fuck is this shit.

I haven't watched anime in a while, but I never really cared which group did it.

>still no Higurashi

>buy
whoops meant torrent

Kei best girl

>this post
>those numbers

^_^

Is fucking a tomboy gay?

more gay than fucking a futa

it's more gay than fucking a regular girl but less gay than a regular boy

Absolutely not in any way, whatsoever

unless they crossdress as a boy, then it might be somewhat gay

Man Eroge! is really great

Thanks, now we have to have actual reddit OPs. What a great improvement, isn't it? This general really does get worse every day.

which one is the trap?

No, because she is a girl (biological female)

Elina->Azusa->Nicola->Miu---------->Rio

What are these arrows? Route order from worst to best girl? Why can't you use > like a normal person?

There really should been a route where Ruriko successfully NTRs the MC away from one of the main heroines
Havent looked into the Fan disc yet but I can only hope she gets some H scenes

It's over reddit won...

/r/dankmemes and /r/funny
here come dat boi

Whats the best vn with a tomboy heroine?

bonus points if its a cheery tomboy

OP here, I truly am seriously sorry. It wasn't intentional. If I could delete thread I totally would and if someone wanted to make another without the fuckup, please go ahead

>that puts the shama lama in ding dong

Definitely would have benifited from a bad end where mc fucks a random grill

shit taste the post

>Havent looked into the Fan disc yet but I can only hope she gets some H scenes
Oh she sure does

vndb.org/r47877

I got excited for a second

>bad end where MC fucks konomi in the bath
>another one where he fucks marika
>and yet another one where he marries ruriko

bad end H-scenes are the best

I'm strongly convinced anybody who thinks Rio is the worst didn't actually read her route

Majikoi? I mean, it has my favorite tomboy in it so

You're just going to get people saying Majikoi, Shuffle, Saber, and that one anime that doesn't even really count since she's only like half a tomboy.
Why do NTRfags always feel the need to inject ntr into everything? You already have your cuck games.

That's not even NTR because nobody is in a relationship. Retard. It's just human beings fucking each other cause they want to in the moment.

Its not NTR in this case, its more just watching the main heroine suffer in her route whilst you cheat on her
I wish more VNs did this

>There really should been a route where Ruriko successfully NTRs the MC away from one of the main heroines
>successfully NTRs
So either you're just stupid or you didn't even bother reading the original post
No, less VNs need to do that. Kill yourself.

>its more just watching the main heroine suffer in her route whilst you cheat on her
>I wish more VNs did this
That sounds terrible

>You're just going to get people saying Majikoi, Shuffle, Saber, and that one anime that doesn't even really count since she's only like half a tomboy.
Well there's not that many tomboys out there.

>watching the main heroine suffer in her route whilst you cheat on her

That's awful, user. Why would you do that to your waifu?

NTRfags aren't people.

>I'm strongly convinced anybody who thinks Rio is the worst didn't actually read her route
She's boring and dumb, just like her whole route.

When is sukisuki coming out?

They reside on a higher plane of existence

Is /vn/ ready for SubaHibi?

This year.

8th or something

What's the best route order for Dracu-Riot?

Whatever you want

Women are asexual while men are bisexual you marry a virgin wife to breed but fuck your boys on the side
this is the natural order of things

>r/vn/
just... lets make a new thread...

it's bad enough you even ironically mention r/vn, but still linking vndb? I mean what the fuck is up with that, stop encouraging laziness and newfags. It's about as disgusting as looking up your anime and manga at MyAnimeList and not Wikipedia.

I love childhood friends
especially Sumika!

SCA-DI: That's tough. How about three of my personal favorites, and my objective top 3 eroge ever?
Top 3 eroge:
1. Fate/stay night
2. Dokyuusei
3. CLANNAD

Can we use a non reddit thread?

Really makes you think.

missing Dies Irae in slot 1 mate

Reading Kikokugai, it was impossible for me not to compare it to Hanachirasu. Both novels revolve around the settling of an old grudge, with the protagonists in both cases on a death wish to accomplish their goals no matter how much it harms them both physically and mentally. However, each feature a unique perspective on the same tale, and while in Hanachirasu the protagonist reaches his idea of self-actualization and dies in glory, in Kikokugai, the ending is instead a crushing denial of those same aspirations.

First off, in the novel the roles of the protagonist are reversed. In Hanachirasu, you follow the story of the one who is being pursued by a relentless avenger. Furthermore, throughout the story, you are part of a powerful association which the avenger is working to take down. In Kikokugaihowever, you play the role of this avenger, and you are constantly on the run. You are the one who is being hounded by the powerful organization, and your main enemy is sitting safely within its walls. As a result, Kikokugai gains much more tension as you are ever on the run, not knowing who could show up at your doorstep and attempt to take your life. In Hanachirasu, there is tension, but a different kind. It’s a quieter tension that broods within the protagonist, as he is plagued with his ennui and invulnerability. He wishes for the pursuer to reach him, and it’s his inner conflicts that provide the main source of tension for the novel.

The events progress relatively similar in both. The pursuer successfully takes out the key figures in each organization, and both associations crumble to dust, however the “villains” are not bothered by this at all, in fact, it was their goals all along. However, things become radically different at the final duel. To begin, the duels themselves are of completely different feel.

It's probably going to get nuked because we've already used this one too long. This time the redditor insult isn't even a boogyman, they really are here.

Hanachirasu, the elegant poem which ends in an expected and fitting fashion, and Kikokugai, which concludes in a confusion. Hanachirasu, with its old-fashioned setting of a Japan of the past, and Kikokugai with its bleak cyberpunk setting in a future which is anything but romantic. The role of the pursuer, and role of the pursued. All in all, both excellently use tropes of different martial arts mediums to their advantage, and while Hanachirasu uses them to paint a beautiful aesthetic consonance, Kikokugai uses them to create a thought-provoking dissonance, I believe reading one immensely helps one appreciate the other, and in the end, whichever one you prefer says a whole lot more about your artistic tastes than anything about actual quality for these two equally excellent kamiges.

muramasa never

We can try at least, don't let reddit win

Same.

I should have backed MLA
I want to replay it now.

>r/vn

Please fuck off plebbitors

I want to rape but with love, with love.

That happens in Chris's route in Majikoi. Unfortunately that means you have to put up with her stubborn bitchiness until then.

Oh my god that horrible ass description, this is what people have been deluded into thinking of this shit VN as.

why are you still using this reddit thread

Yes it is. You willing fuck a woman. To desire pussy is way gayer than fucking a man. Homosexuals want to fuck a woman. Real heterosexual men fuck other men.

Because this was a reddit general even before the OP had r/vn/ in it

Then go fuck off to reddit.

>r/vn/
we are already in

>posting here when there's a desginated subreddit containment board for your kind.

retardation

>>>/reddit/