Help me Veeky Forums

How do I make this abomination go away?

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/5252686/how-to-disable-gms-manual-skip-shift-for-seven-bucks
thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/07/track-analysis-challenger-v6-track-pack-hemi-scat-pack-srt-hellcat/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_blocking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drive manual

Buy a car from a manufacturer that learned its lessons from its mistakes in the 80s-90s.

It is a manual. That's the problem. I hold up traffic trying to ram it in to 2nd in the middle of an intersection before I realize the problem.

desu if you have a torque motor and you DON'T skip from 1-4 then you're putting unnecessary stress on your clutch. i agree that this nanny state business is stupid, but if you've driven manual for a while, skipping gears should be commonplace.

My dodge viper does this. What a quirk!

I try to do odds or evens usually. It's just difficult sometimes following a minivan pumping the pedal after a green light.

Does the car actually stop you from using certain gears for fuel economy in a manual? There's no way...

1>2>3>5 all day erry day

Yes, depending on whatever it decides, it will only let you go to 4th from 1st.

Start pulling some fuses. I'm sure you'll get it eventually

jalopnik.com/5252686/how-to-disable-gms-manual-skip-shift-for-seven-bucks

>not driving in 6th gear everywhere
you disgust me.

its a solenoid on the trans you can buy a kit to disable it there there to pass mpg required by kikes i mean us gov

There's a wire you buy that disables it.

So you dont actually shift your MANUAL car. Atleast in my auto it goes through all the fucking gears

Thanks. I had a Camaro in the '90s that did the same thing. Is it still a pain in the ass to install? I remember I had to buy ramps so I could get under the car to do it.

>kikes in the gubmant are kiking kikes in the auto industry

pFFFFFFFFF AHAHHAHHAHHAHAAAHA

What car is that? At least it tells you, my first Camaro didn't say a thing, just jewed me out of my gears.

>try to downshift for perfect corner
>”I can’t let you do that, user.”
>die

oh god tell me the vee six track pack doesnt have this shit otherwise preorder canceled

That image isn't mine, but I have a 2015 SS 1/LE

I think it's a 1992 Twingo

if you rev the engine over like 3 grand it shifts like normal so if your acctually driving it dont bother you

Hmm, I was thinking 1984 Fiero, but thanks.

are you able to double clutch?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF A MANUAL TRANSMISSION IF ITS GOING TO ORDER YOU INTO CERTAIN GEARS

No, it gets all computery if you try to do something it doesn't like. It's almost like they tried to make the stick shift one of those fake sports mode things or something.
That's why I'm irritated!

just buy an NA miata and go home

OP here, I have two things I require in a car. 8 cylinders and a manual transmission.

Oh I see I apologize.

You'd be shocked at how hard this combination is to find.

wow i've never heard of camaros being so gay. at least my FERD doesn't cuck me

lmaooo ford eco bullshit, im pretty sure there's an electric solenoid on your tranny you just unplug to stop dat. look up the diagram you lazy piece of shit

I'm sure Ford has done something to improve mileage. Perhaps limiting what their powertrain is capable or something like that.

Buy an older car. What's the point in driving something that does this to you?

For someone with a heavy foot in like a ss(sedan) it kinda makes sense if your a cuck(white nu male) with no self control

Thank you based pure-blood Aryan man

>buy a manual
>doesn't allow you to make your own gear shifts

What's the point?

I only have this issue following people after a red light turns green. Do most minivan and suv drivers pump the gas and idle through all intersections?
I don't want a shitty old car. My first car was a 1978 Trans Am. Been there done that. Interesting thought, a guy I work with didn't know they still made manual transmissions
>such is the state of the world.

then you might as well get a CVT or some sport mode paddle shifter cuckery.

I drive an automatic and this idea irritates even me.

>cvt
wut
if your in sport mode that doesn't happen, don't ever recommend that caner
I imagine its more for the 40 year old alcoholic(angry) lawyer in his corvette,1 dui away being debarred. That or they did it for an emissions loop hole

ya my car is already like 30 mpg. ecoboost is p nice. although it's either eco, or boost, unfortunately. not both

I know for the RS, they have the stop start feature which aparently is a way to cheat city MPG by overestimating the amount of time spent idling in traffic

>if your in sport mode that doesn't happen, don't ever recommend that caner

I meant if you wanted some fake ass feeling of control over your vehicle then get a car with sport mode or if you want a transmission that will skip gears for efficiency the get a CVT.

I swear, Veeky Forums has no reading comprehension

>want a Challenger
>want a 5.7
>want a manual transmission
>have to pick literally 1 and only 1 because despite the manual being standard equipment every faggot sprung for the 8 speed ZF box

The majority of muscle cars were automatic back in the day.

This. The Challenger with a stick feels like driving a truck anyway. Might as well get comfy.

Even early 4th gen Camaros had this.
Sadly,it is nothing new.

Because its fucking better, the V6 8 speed auto posted a better time than the manual V8 LOL

thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/07/track-analysis-challenger-v6-track-pack-hemi-scat-pack-srt-hellcat/

Literally no one wants to be the guy with a V8 manual that got beat by the auto V6 at the track.

People are not stupid, if a much superior option exist, most will take it.

I live in a country where easily like 90% of all cars are manual - and where normies will unironically claim that manuals are better than autos - and I've literally never heard that.

If anything, I'm the weird one for sometimes not shifting down into 1st and instead revving higher in 2nd if my speed is around 5-10kph.

there is no better feeling than a big beefy V8 commodore with a manual transmission

I'm going to be that guy and say I'm stupid because I'd honestly rather the feel of the manual v8 over an auto 6

Use more than 10 percent of the throttle.

Don't skip gears when changing, it's easy.

That must be a really long 1st gear, damn

get fucked

>torque motor
Implying engine torque matters. Is it still 2005 in here?

Shouldn't you still row the stick through 2 and 3 just to keep your synchronized transmission from wearing out? I thought that doing what pic suggests causes wear

I've never seen or heard of bullshittery like this before, what kind of shitty brand does this?

It won't let you go to anything but 4th when that icon comes up. It even seems to lock you out of 3rd as well, but I could be mistaken
It's a Camaro

who the fuck is going to buy a challenger for tracking?

this cannot be real

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_blocking

what a cuck

>A solenoid prevents the shifter from engaging these gears, forcing the driver to shift from first to fourth gear.
>forcing the driver to shift from first to fourth gear.
>forcing the driver
>forcing the driver
>forcing the driver

I'm starting to think that Dracula is right to have his neo-luddite anti-computer carbs-only stance on cars.

Do you like getting cucked? haha holy shit

No, it pisses me off. That's why I started this thread.

Even corvettes have this shit. At least the C5s did. Its very easy and cheap to defeat.

>kiddies in here never heard of skip shift

Listen, it only exists so the manufacturer doesn't have to classify the car as a gas guzzler. It's literally bypassed by a single sensor that is usually mounted on the transmission.

Target audience. Boomers

There's a cheap as shit module that you can install to make that go away. GM deliberately made it easy to install

It's to stop you from money shifting

It's only when accelerating under a certain RPM and under a certain speed. Giving it more gas overrides the feature.

it only happens when driving like an idiot

per manual, it only happens when:
>warm engine
AND
>less than 1/3 throttle
AND
>more than 2k rpm in first gear

Why do people even have cats?

>Why do people even have cats?

It's fun to watch them neck your spastic numale faggot son on christmas. I'm watching that shit on loop and cheering for the cat every time

Good till 55mph

>american manual
>its shit like this
>land of the free
you have no one to blame but yourselves.

>modern manuals only allow you to shift when it wants to
What the fuck this cannot be real this is a weird dream WAKE ME UP I WANT TO GO HOME

That is a GM product, you tool.

>buying GM
>ever
state of america everyone

>Kiddies
Cmon now.
are the ls3's really that much worse?
My lsa only does it when im driving super slow and i mean super slow

Hypermiler here:
Limiting the choice of gears does not even improve fuel economy, especialy when you acellerate, since you cannot use the engine near the optimal point most of the time with 2nd and 3rd missing.

The only time I skip 2nd and 3rd is when I want to acellerate hard in 1st to 50 km/h and then stay at 50 km/h.
Shifting it into 4th below 50 km/h is lugging your engine in most cars, wich is neither efficient nor healthy for your engine.

Tiptronic wins again

Almost nobody takes their cars to the track, this "auto posts a slightly better time" bullshit doesn't apply to real life normal driving situations.

I mean, the ZF 8 speed is objectively the better gearbox so..

youre a poser fag if you dont race your sportscar.

>>more than 2k rpm in first gear
But with most engines torque and efficiency come on at about 2000 rpm, so you need at least 2000 rpm to acellerate efficient and properly.

Post your timeslips then.

>ITT: flatland fags

Even my 8.1 chebby 2500 doesn't like anything below 2,000 in the mountains. On the plains it can turn 850 all day long

holy fucking shit

GM & Ferd want to control your driving because they wanted you to get the auto and not the manual.
Shame on you, shame!

Remember when cars worked for you and operated solely on user input and not the other way around?

>cvt
>having gears

I swear it's like you niggers have no god damn clue what you are saying, ever.

>hurr durr
>numbers must be everything
>faster must be more fun

Literally fucking kill yourself, numale fuck stain.