cycle-ergo.com

For those in commie countries:
a2bikes.co.uk/

No helmet? Start here:
crash.org.au/

Previous thread:

Yamaha

First for honda.

>this was the scrawny dude posting his ass and himself in skirts.
Ugh

People say you shouldn't start on a 600 or liter supersport, but would something like a 300-500 really ready you for one anyway?

600s a good starter tbqh

get memed fagget.

Yes, you learn how to use the clutch and shift and corner properly and ride safely. Not saying u cant do that on 600s or liters buy it is much easier to do it comfortably on smaller/less intense bikes, especially if said person is retarded

post bikes

We don't know you. We haven't seen you ride. We don't know how you drive. We don't know how responsible you are. So, we give you the safest possible option, which mind you is still considered more than fast enough by europeans. You saw that webm of the german running wide on a GS500 and hitting a truck, right?

I've told people I know IRL to go ahead and start on a 600, and even let them ride mine. But you're some guy on the internet who could easily be incompetent beyond being able to perform any sort of U turn without dropping a 400lb bike on his leg.

should I buy a LAMS restricted 650cc or an unrestricted 300cc?

there's 0 chance I go through 2 years on a restricted 650cc and dont unrestrict it, but that could end up being super bad if i get in a fender bender. also as far as i can tell its illegal to de-restrict the 650 even on your opens. so ill have to buy a new bike at the end anyway to be by the books.

basically I'm just wondering if the ride difference between an unrestricted low cc bike and restricted higher cc bike is much different. A 650 is 3-4.5k more. I've emailed the department of transport RE de-restricting lams bikes but forums are leading me to believe its illegal.

an edition I can get behind.
Kawasaki a best!

650 will probably be heavier and make the low LAMS power even worse. also, detuned engines are disgusting to ride.

just buy the fastest unrestricted LAMS bike you can

that's what I was thinking, thank's mate.
and honestly the temptation to de-restrict it would be too high, I would almost certainly end up doing it.

Since I went down this rabbit hole I found a few outliers that are very quick on lams such as the Honda RVF400 or (less quick but still fun) cbr250rr pre-single cylinder.

I'm only experienced with dirtbike riding, is the much higher KMs on the bikes and carby instead of EFI worth dealing with for these bikes or should I just take it on the chin and get a single cylinder 300 and make the most of it?

Just in your opinion.

Just get a 300 if you're that worried about getting caught riding an unrestricted 650.

It's the same shit really, just lighter.

Cb400sf anime girl learners bike is the answer

Any of you guys found a discrete solution to adding a radar detector to your bike while being protected from the elements?

How are detuned bikes disgusting to ride when they provide better low end response which you use way more day to day?

That's how I was leaning, I just wasn't sure if the higher CCs somehow offset the restriction to have a nicer ride despite the weight.

I prefer a supersport or sport touring over naked. but ill take a look.

I assume because they're heavier, but you're right low-end should be better. theres a few ways to detune them, ecu, throttle locks and butterfly restrictions. ecu is detuned top-end apparently you can feel the power cut out really obviously, throttle seems obnoxious but its probably ok, idk about internal restrictions.

but if i get an email back from the department of transport and they say its not legal to derestrict them off learner license im not wasting the extra money buying one.

is a '08 hyabusa 1300r too much for a first bike?

I got a really good deal on one

No but just go easy on it at first.

No, make sure to add a turbo and kys though

Do cruisers count?

The suspension on the crf250 is too damn soft, I know I'm a fat ass, but I still shouldn't need to learn the bike over to the left in order to get the kickstand down.

Only the turbocharged models are suitable beginner bikes.

The extra torque would be nice but they're also heavier so eh.

I don't think it matters much if you're gonna sell it once you're off LAMS desu, it's not like the 300's are particularly bad or the 650's particularly good.

aight seems to be a consensus going on here.

If the transport authority says i can derestrict it after lams ill buy a 600/650, if not ill get a 300 or maybe that cb400 ive been tempted a little after checking some out

Fuck your meme

I daily a 600 because I like having to work for the power and being able to go all day without it. Getting thrown back in the seat without having the gentlest throttle hand possible gets old.

Ok so I used my abs today intentionally for the first time. I can see how this can make corner entry way easy but I can feel that it’s far too conservative in the setting and is very intrusive. I also I tried to use the rear abs for doing a accel turn style parking and all it did was make me go foward and to my braking distance. This is all very dangerous in my mind and non abs is far superior. What the fuck? I thought technology advanced?

Its very friggen soft. It works for me but racetech makes upgrade springs that make it back to where it should be.

Surely you can get something a little more exciting than a 300 twin for lams.
This thing was $350. A 500cc V4.

as I research more and stumble upon forums more bike models pop up that I don't know exist. What model of bike is that?

Currently the bikes I've leant towards are cbr250rr, rvf400, and now potentially the cb400. I would really love 4 cylinders but a mate who rides told me not to bother with older bikes, idk if he's just overly scared of maintenance though, he rides a brand new cbr1000rr.

I'm happy to drop anywhere up to 10grand for anything that isn't going to give me grief.

I've heard about those kits, my experience with the bike was limited to a test ride though, I actually quite liked it other than the softness, I'd like to pick a used one up in a year or two once the prices are down a little bit.

Leave for Amry basic training on Monday. How can I sneak my scoot in with me. I don't think I can part with her guys. :(

I think your mate is just biased with nothing to base it on. It takes just as long to clean and balance 4 carbs as it does 2, anyway, and they're all on the same bank so meh. Otherwise there's no difference.

Yah that or get the 2018 model used. Its the better one since they kinda made what people hated better. More hp and lighter weight.

>meme
It's literally true though. What gets old is needing to rev the piss out of the bike every time you leave a stop light, or when cruising on the highway. Once in a while it's fun sure but you can do that when you feel like it.

That's why naked liter is the master race

Meant for

It's a 1985 vf500f. Right about when sportbikes started coming out.
Has surprisingly good technology behind it. Revs decently high, 4 cylinders, has a slipper clutch, hydraulic clutch lever, dual front discs, etc.
More than most 300s have 2bh. But I'm not sure if it's even LAMS. Carbs are a complete pain in the ass to take in and out on it though and getting parts can be a chore.
I'd go for EFI and something better than a ptwin since it seems like you can afford it though.

Carbs aren't an issue if the bike is ridden regularly desu, I've never had any issues in four years.

Sell her trust me when you come back out she wouldnt be doing good. You can get new better bike when your out of training or stationed somewhere for longer time. Hard to see her go but shes got to be ridden and leaving her to rot for a while is sad.

the more I read about the cb400 the better it seems, new, 4cylinder and efi. those are pretty big bonuses.

>needing to
How fast are you taking off? I leave cars in the dust never upshifting past 6k.

And 6k happens to be highway cruising which is pretty standard, and still leaves enough passing power for everything but the real dodgy shit, like passing a line of 5 slow bastards at once on a two lane.

t. 140lbs

Yea, abs is over rated. But you probably have a Japanese bike huh? They really are behind on the abs game. Better off getting a euro if you want abs. But really, fuck abs alltogeather.

It's honestly not, just be smart

It's what I wanted when I first started riding but they don't even sell them in leafistan.
Putting them in on this bike is pretty notorious. Took 2 of us about 45 minutes, a steel bar, and a liter of astroglide to avoid crushing the rubber boots.

You never have to remove them as long as you use good gas and ride regularly

most people live where there is winter and ethanol free has a $2/gallon markup, in addition to only being available on the other side of town or further away

I don’t want a euro bike and I don’t want used bike. I hope Japan gets their shit togeather with abs asap before I need to buy another bike.

6,000rpm is pretty high
I'm generally below 4,000 and it revs to 12k. Even at just over 2k it doesn't lug and can pull away without issue

They have to. ABS is mandated by Euro law now

>naked liter is the master race
My nigguh

I know, but what I am trying to say is Japanese bikes are behind euro bikes according to magazine reviews and I want japanese bikes to hurry up and make bikes that either a. Turn off abs or b. Have a super aggressive setting that doesn’t intrude at track speeds.

Don't have much control over what the PO did.

Oh yeah. Euro bikes have had button defeatable electronics since forever

Is it even possible that a better 600 exists? I think not.

Not a 600 and super sports are dead

>and super sports are dead
in what sense

This

Fucked by emissions, reduced support from both racing and OEMs. Honda isn't even going to make a new 600rr and other manufacturers are likely to follow - just not worth it for them anymore

>tfw restricted to 125cc for another year, then to around 45hp tops

I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on a fucking yzf 125 won't I

>Honda isn't even going to make a new 600rr
Didn't that happen like two years ago? Are they actually going to scrap it for 2019?

Just claim refugee status in America from your oppressive totalitarian government

How do these licenses work in the US anyway? No restrictions or what

No restrictions correct

Fucking mad

Did something change?
As far as I know they can continue to sell the old model as long as no updates are made (grandfathered)

Same thing in Canada

Depends on the state actually. In NJ they have some retarded law where if you complete your road test or MSF course with something below like 200cc your license is restricted to 500cc or less. It's pretty retarded though since the MSF just provides 250s so you can get unrestricted and kill yourself on a turbo busa right away.

What would happen if you came to USA/Canada on a short work permit, got your license and went back to the EU. Would you be able to transfer over to an unrestricted license?

There are restrictions but none related to displacement.

It sounds high until you realize the engine is extremely free revving and geared appropriately.

From a practical standpoint, the motions are all the same, but the numbers and engine noise are different. Also, you don't get those butt dynos feels until you're around 9k.

In the US it varies state to state. For most, it goes something like "walk in an take a written test to get a learner's permit with X restrictions, come back and ridden test and get an unrestricted license". The MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) is an NGO that develops curriculum and testing procedures which are used by a fair number of states. For example here in Minnesota, if you take and pass the "MSF Basic Rider Course", you can skip the ridden test. Just walk in and get your unrestricted license. I've done the MSF Basic Rider Course and Intermediate Rider Course, and would recommend them.

Who/hi-viz/ here?

Is there any sort of hi viz armor/jackets/helmets that don't look like complete shit?

Pretty sure I can't just get a license for another country and then use it in my own mate

No why

A1 here is 125cc tops along with 11kw or some shit. A2 is 35kw and A which you can get when you're 24 is unrestricted

Because I find it a good idea to retard proof myself as much as possible given the amount of brainless wojak specimens that are somehow able to acquire licenses, but I'd like to do so without looking like someone decided to color me in with a green marker.

ATGATT HiViz 4 lyfe etc etc

What helmet is that?

Are you the same idiot who wanted to pretend he was a cop yesterday?

RF1200. Started with a Bell Qualifier, the difference in fit was astounding.

No, but if any cops wear hi-viz gear that doesn't look like garbage I'd be happy to replicate them.

In many places you can skip leaner stages if you have a license in another country and take the final road test

I got these leather pants with sliders so I can try to drag knee but sliders are like way down on my shin and not on my knee.... do I have short legs or something?

Post a picture

They should move up when you sit on your bike

Oh ok, thx

>not dressing like a textile ATGATT grandpa on a supersport

I wear shorts, paper thin T shirt, helmet, and gloves. If you actually ride youre bike fast gear won't save you on a public road any ways.

"When travelling at 55mph on typical roadway surfaces, unprotected flesh will be destroyed at a rate of two inches per second of travel"

That is the line from an EMT training course that turned me in to ATGATT.

I unironically do this
>that comfy year round riding

Baloney

Is yellow or white better for getting people to see you?

Like my post says above you if you ride like a real man and don't pussy foot through traffic it won't matter what gear you have.

Skin color
They'll think you're naked and give you all their attention.

I was trying to think of a rebuttal, but honestly that might just be retarded enough to work.

It doesn't matter what colour you are or how loud you are, people aren't gonna look if they're on their phones.

You can't make them look, you can only ride defensively.

This. Also you should be aiming to move through traffic quickly but cautiously. The less time you spend in someone's blind spots (read everywhere) the better

dude you are so concerned with your masculinity that i would bet good money on you being a bottom gay