/fg/ - Falcom General #62

Previous Thread: Future couple Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

-The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

How can other Kisekis even compete?

Towa a shit

By actually being interesting

>Not liking petite girls who are good at administration

Why can towa become mascot of falcom

If you're not going to play something other than Kiseki, at least play Nayuta.

SMASH YOU!!!!

By not working at the biggest death machine manufacturer.

I'll give it a check at some point.

Is it bad that the scene at the second to last dungeon of Cold Steel 2 is the only scene in video games to ever make me cry? I don't know why it even hit me so hard, but everything about that scene just fucking got to me.

I have no Kisekis to play until Ao/CS3 are translated, can an EOP like myself get that?
Otherwise I might just have to play Ys or, God forbid me for even uttering these words, other games.

Yes, it's bad. You should seek help.

It's called getting attached user. When bad things happen to things you care about, it makes sense to also feel bad

wait second to last dungeon you mean you cried for the terrorist's death

nah that can't be right you must have been crying tears of joy when daddy Osborne came back and reclaimed power to return Erebonia to her rightful place as the future rulers of Zemuria with the help of the iron bloods including Jade Rook!

Yeah, there's a fully working patch but the english is a bit awkward.

Im playing Nayuta

>Guide book clearly says the name of Nayuta sister is Asa Herschel
>Still called Eartha in the fan translation
but why

I like this user

アーサ is not Asa. I think her name is supposed to be Artha.

Does she not wear her helmet anymore now that SSS broke it off?

I just realized that looks remarkably similar to Victor's sword. Replica or was there a sister-sword to it that was never mentioned you think?

This reminds me of Persona in the sense that the character models are good but it clashes with the environment models. Don't get me wrong it's the best the series has ever looked by a wide margin, but there's plenty of room for improvement in the assets that Falcom uses.

That's just Falcom being lazy

she's going to get rekt

1 on 1 in front of Arteria Cathedral
let it happen falcom

Joshua gets too much hate. He's nowhere near as eccentric as a character as Estelle, but if he was he'd dampen her character as a whole. Him being her straight man makes the dynamic work.

Basically, Estelle x Joshua is my OTP and I will have no one shitting on either one of them.

Arianrhod is going down, Falcom added Aurelia as a mandatory member for this fight, and you don't need someone like Aurelia for the "Arianrhod will give us a sparring match" trope, the SSS did fine. Here we have someone strong enough to make her demise believable, she's a Erebonian, it's her arc, her country, her castle, this is where she must give her best, she's not relevant to Calvart. Add that we know that she'll fight on foot AND afterward will have a fight against Valimar... (will she retreat to her Aion) ?

This game sure is good at keeping you intrigued.

They both suck ass.

I love how a tomato experiment in sky turned to a monster you fight in later installments

This one is my favorite.

Fucking ZCF

Need to put the text "Get on the ground, buddy!"

So we've seen Dr Russell and Dr Schmidt so far, will we see Dr Hamilton in the next arc?

Helping develop Acerbic Tomatoes was Estelle's greatest feat.

It means you should play the other Trails games which have much better moments.

Yeah, and I bet he or one of his family is a manchild.

Is that Rosine and... Elliot?

Didn't play II's NG+?

No. I do see that's a Stigma now though so is it Thomas

Did you play CS2 ?
Either way is easy to miss because it's Ng+,so don't read if you didn't, but Thomas is a Dominion,that's him here, his hair is off-color because of the glow.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

That's Rosine and Gralsritter #2, Thomas Lysander

I refuse.

The fact that Thomas could blow Sara and Neithardt out of the water made me so happy. They were such dicks to him for no reason. Guy just wants to hang out for a few drinks and they keep blowing him off.

Osbourne will be revealed as a vampire using Charm to control the Ironbloods

>Wanting to hang out with the dude who keeps encouraging Sara and Neithardt to fuck each other

Honestly after finishing CS they really should. Sara keeps bitching about wanting a strong man but the moment one shows up she instantly starts shitting all over him and acting like a brat. No wonder she's still single.

Brilliant.

>niggasbell

She wants a strong older man.

She wants a classy gentleman like Victor, not a bland le army man.

Neithardt have a waifu.
You'll know in CS2, he'll never touch Sara, he's in love.

I doubt that her sole criteria for men is just that they be older and strong. She's not that basic.

Who cares what her criteria is when she's one of Rean's bondingslaves.

Did they ever address how she became one of valimars co-pilots or whatever when she didn't help with the trials or am I just completely misremembering something?

How do I fuck towa

Run errands for her for a year while avoiding every superior girl (literally anyone).

Is this what Osborne sent to Rocksmith before declaring a war?

How the utter FUCK is Xseed making any money off trails PC ports anymore? Both TC and CS on steam only sold ~15k each, that's next to nothing. Especially considering steam takes a 30% cut.

>Sara is into cool old guys
>Somehow is a waifu option because?

Pin her down and tell her that this is your reward for running errands for her all day and that it will relieve stress. She will gladly oblige. Consume 100 CP to turn into a demon with a rock-hard cock and pound the ever-living fuck out of that unused pussy.

Trails may or may not be a venture they're willing to barely break even or even take a loss with to keep up the image of "based Xseed" just like how Costco lures you in with their cheap but tasty with huge portion concession food so you come in and shop for groceries.

Falcom and their hidden dialogue. Jesus.

Even if 3rd itself didn't sell well, it still boosted sales of FC for people who might have wanted to get into it.

Ports require very little money and staff to make and a lot of companies play the long game on steam rather than going for immediate returns.

Every time they port a Trails game discussion of the series reignites, causing curious people to buy FC. Most of those curious players will drop the game an hour in and be done with it, but a handful will fall in love with it and by SC, 3rd, CS, and (eventually) CS2 as well.

That's how I got into the series. 3rd came out on PC and a few friends talked about it so I got curious and picked up FC to check it out.

I'm currently playing the first chapter and I don't want to see their brother/sister relationship ruined, but it looks like Joshua sees her as more than a sister. I don't really have a problem with the ship, but I think it would have been kind of cool if they just stay as family instead of going the most obvious route. Please don't spoil me.

>coming to a falcom thread unspoiled
Get out immediately.

This. I just wanted to discuss Zero and CS1 and now a few days later I pretty much know the entire plots to Ao and CS2.

I've already beaten CS I and II and almost everything in these threads in CS waifus anyway.

You're very likely to see something you don't want to here.

Then I guess you don't want to know that Estelle is secretly a demon goddess inserting herself into Joshua's life with false memories and is actually a villain working for the secret demon group the Vipers.

Hahahaha

Scooby-Doo villain looking to get BTFO again, I see.

Estelle is too dumb to be a demon or a goddess, you can't fool me. I kind of figured that Joshua is related to Ourobororuoruorous since they mention it in CS II, and that something is up with Mr. Bright, so maybe there isn't even anything left to be spoiled about.

Curse your smartness user

Why super AI with consciousness didn't want to let additional member to support him in emergency times? Valimar is a good guy, not a dick.

>all these bits are starting to come together
This is the stuff, man.

Do all the Jaegar corps have ties to North Ambria or can anyone just form a group and call themselves Jaegars like the bugbears did?

>Joshua is ouroboros
>CS II
Go play your game correctly you CS fag.

Delete your pic RIGHT NOW. You hear me? Delete it. It's an eyesore. Fuck you Kurtfags. I hate you so fucking much. I hate you from the very bottom of my soul. Fuck you. Fuck. You.

Who are you talking to or trying to impress here? Most of us don't understand moon runes.

Yeah but the extra voice acting and absolutely pointless retakes of already voiced scenes doesn't come for free you know.

t.salty EOP

That's just how based Rean is. No matter if the women have different tastes or already have a man, Rean will capture them like the god he is. Get ready, Tio and Tita fags, the headpat god is going to take them as well.

You guys weren't lying, this chapter's pretty intense.

The extra voice acting was already recorded

This is the next MC

The ride continues.

>absolutely pointless retakes
I don't think you really remember how bad some of those old lines were, user.

doubtful, you don't budget for more lines if you can't be reasonably sure the developer will be able to add them

I got misty-eyed too. I put almost 200 hours into both games and i got emotionally attached to the characters.