The King is back

the King is back

Other urls found in this thread:

bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Accessories/BMWPerformance/BMWPerformancePowerKit.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>They lopped off the midrange performance
Why even bother?

they did what?

>105k
Why do burgers get BMW's for almost half the price as most Euro countries?

I'm 28, i remember when the Cobra was a big deal with its 390 horsepower and when everyone jerked it to the R34 after FnF. This, this sort of shit with massive sedans that hit 60 in under 3 seconds. It's ridiculous how far tech has advanced, especially with launch control and the ability to keep these transmissions together. It was only 10 years ago that the GTR would shit itself because it hooked too well, now everyone learned from that hard lesson and this is what we've been given.

>the GTR would shit itself because it hooked too well
source on that?

That's nothing.

Lol really? Euros on this board kept spouting shit about how European brands were cheap over there

used cars are cheap.
new cars are expensive especially in shitholes such as the neatherlands and belgium

Only because they have stripped out base models with tiny engines available, a 3-Series starts with a 1.5l inline 3 in Europe
Performance versions are all taxed to fuck

its just a hellcat with more tech

Holy shit

Where the torque curve is flat, it should develop peak torque at like 300rpm and produce 20%more at least, turbo cars should have flatter horsepower curves not torque curves

You must be a teenager. When the GTR first debuted it featured launch control. This was supposed to be used only for testing but the people who bought one would use it too often and the transmission would break. Customers took it in for warranty work, shop would claim it broke due to abuse, customers would say it was an included feature, eventually Nissan replaced a majority of them. Then Nissan re-wrote the software for launch control so it would allow for more slip of the tires and have a cooldown period rather than abuse the clutch system.

So just get a tune?

Boom instant 650rwhp+

i'm 23 actually, we don't have many gtr's around here, thanks anyway.
the M5 probably already has around 700hp.
there's no way a 4300lb car is that fast with only 600hp.

why? it has linear acceleration, its the great thing about having turbos, you can control tourqe at all rpms

It shouldnt have linear accelleration, go look at less restricted torque curves, they generate huge torque then lessen as rpms drop

it can with awd and launch control, but yes its probably a little underrated

If youre 23 you should be smart enough to do your own research

The point is that its not like that from the factory, and they'll drop the warranty if you tune it

they do it because of the feeling it gives, flat tourqe feels amazing, very predictable

Derp

So what 2.8 sec with awd and launch control is par for the course these days
That's what U get for buying a car new

>do your own research
i don't care about jay dee em enough to do research
Curiously Car and Driver set the same 0-60 time and same 1/4 mile time but notably better 0-150 mph time

I'm not OP and I dont advocate new cars, OP is the one trying to justify the gimped car

>0-60 in less than 3 seconds in a 4 door sedan

That's pretty pants shitting, desu

That shit is for normies though, entheusiasts would want to feel the rediculous 800lbft it could generate at 3000rpm

tunes don't void the warranty though.
read the warranty

>Put 0.5 degree too much timing in
>Engine blows
Yeah I'm sure they'll cover that

Ofc it's gimped so they have a buffer zone for Normie fucktards.

600hp is easier on the engine Driveline and tyres than 700+ the car is capable of.

I'd rather they overbuilt it tbqh and I'm not even a bimfag.

It's up to aftermarket to get that extra power

just get a manufacturer approved tune.
JB4, dinan, ac schnitzer, hamann, hartge are all approved by BMW and don't void the warranty.

I didnt say anything about power, I'm talking about midrange torque

Sweet 900ftlb sign me up

If those tunes are still reliable enough for all parts of the warranty why arent they on from the factory? They have nothing to lose by using it

BMW offers factory tunes too.
bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Accessories/BMWPerformance/BMWPerformancePowerKit.aspx

Why isnt it default? It costs them no money to upload those tunes and they presumably charge for better tunes

Worse MPG and emissions, wear on the powertrain, etc.

Emmissions get better due to more timing, less care for emmissions means better reliability and fuel economy, and drivetrain wear doesnt matter because its got a long enough warranty that any problems will show up early then you can dump the car if its shit

Fuel economy* for the first word im a retard also I cant spell emissions

Okay whatever you say. Looks like those factory tunes are right up your alley, go get an M5 and tune it.

Basically. It’s like one of those estwing hammers with the rubberized grip vs the 3$ Wooden handled bastard at Ace.

No because they're unreliable after warranty and fucking expensive to fix, rather build a k20 mr2 with more power and better reliability for half the price

>no manual
>king

>manual
Lol it's not the 50s anymore gramps

>Shift denied.

6sp best speed.

Most 8-11 speeds are all stupidly spaced high geared crap with most gears being overdrive for mpg

>he plans on driving the same car for more than 5 years
top jej
the m5 would never do sub 3 second 0-60 times with a manual

That’s funny. My hellcat does with wider rear tires.

the Demon is auto only for a reason

So what.
Manual is for racing and driving feel not losing 0-100 drag races

Imagine being cucked this hard by emissions

nobody cares about manuals in such cars. that’s the reason manual is dead on the m5.
you want muh feels get an 6spd m2

I'm Aussie so I'm enjoying the dying days of Aussie muscle cars cunt Germans can keep their shit

>dat torque curve

could park a GM poster's bus under it.

lol australian muscle is dead too
you can always get get a used 2016 M5 with a manual btw

>Hans! Our 8 liter quad turbo W16 hypercar is polluting too much!
>Is that so Fritz? Well, I guess we'll just limit the boost. 1500hp will have to do.

and bmw still sells the m6/m6 gran coupe with a manual btw

>Implying used cars don't exist.

New cars haven't changed outside of infotainment crap in the last 5-15 years apart from factory adaptive dampers and aids 7-11 speed autos I have no interest in driving

Isn't that still the old F13/F14 M6?

yup it’s not discontinued yet.
that’s why I said you can get a manual 2016 M5

So you can still get a manual in the M6 counterpart to the last manual M5. Makes sense.
I doubt they'll be keeping the manual for the next M6.

>still pigfat
>No manual
The king has been dead since 2010

V8
Aaaaaannnnnnnddddd into the trash.

I don't want one.

That said the 2018 M3 and M5 is impressive but at the end of the day it's just benchposting.

Wanna see what they can do with 800hp+ and 800ftlb+ with wide assortment grippy rubber

What?
Do you honestly think a 4200lb mid size saloon should have a v6?

10.9 1/4 mile is... Okay?

2 tonnes weight is just nuts though

But 3.9 to do from 5-60?

all cars are slower for 5-60mph

>BMW
>V6
Kill yourself shove a long tube up your ass and wot

it’s the first ICE saloon that breaks into 10’s and does sub 3 second 0-60 times

Over a V8, yes, over a proper engine like a V10, no.

Big whoop it can't even crack 1g with huge tyres and modern awd

>autotragic
>king of anything

Okay, so M6 is the king of the super saloons because it comes with a 6speed?

A understeering bimmer especially a m car is fucked

according to R&T the M2 has “moderate understeer” too, it says nothing tb h

What?
550 lb-ft of torque from 1900 to 5600 rpm

My shit bomb has more oversteer and g's then that bimbim and it has oversquare 255 265 chink tyres cunt

Yeah it should peak at around 800 torque at around 3500rpm then fall off into the latter part of the curve, turbos do not generate flatness unless they are gimped

Yes, but my unmodified hellcat still hits 60 in under 3 with a manual and 315s on the back.

i mean arguably an anthusiust would be someone who tracks their car a flat tourqe curve and a flat hp curve are best for track use, if the car made 800 lbs of tourqe at 3000 it would just be a diesle, and would be uncontrollable and break.. cars feel best when they build into power not hammer it on all at once

It was the transmission that couldn't take any more torque.

where it falls off depends on the size of the turbos and how they set boost, if you want to be hammered with torque and lose all your top end go drive a diesel truck fag

Worse braking that a dodge with a truck engine. For shame.

You're an idiot user, that car performs very well. You can bench race all day because some car out there is faster but if these numbers aren't good enough, you're kidding yourself kid.

>163mph governed top speed
>105k sticker price for a halo car
>still has electronic nannies

just remove the limiter. sheesh.
also $105k is the same msrp as every other M5 in history when you consider inflation.

Just use less gas pedal if its too much

But you can see they literally cut boost through the midrange for the normies

Im saying they cut out value from the car, not saying it isnt still high performance

they’re just leaving headroom.
also the M5 will have a Competition Package with more power.

Sooo heavy tho, over 4000 pounds

its a fat guy for sure

E39 M5 is considered as the best saloon of all time and it weighs over 4000lbs too

Lol for 100k+ this thing is a sack of shit.

Compared to a Kia Stinger?

>As tested price $127,295
This is actually pretty fucking impressive. At that price is destroys the NISMO GTR, which costs over $200K, and it competes right with the price of a Z07 but you get an amazing interior compared to the bland interior of a Z07.

>Veeky Forums praising an automatic
Times have I changed, I guess. I'm getting old.

>what is R35

I can't wait till the Camaro destroys it at VIR and the Ring.

>car made for straight line performance
>duuurrrr a Camaro is going to destroy it at the burgerking

camaro is a coupe
M5 is a mid size luxury sedan
fucking retard