/ink/ - Splatoon General

Last: →

- Redirect to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/ (embed)
- Splatoon 2 Map Rotation: splatoon2.ink/ (embed)
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/ (embed)

> News
- New Splatfest - Which superpower would you rather have: Flight or Invisibility? (September 1st/2nd)
- The Sloshing Machine (Autobomb/Sting Ray) has been added!
- New Salmon Run map, Lost Outpost has been added to rotation, with the first online rotation being on the 26th.
- The map Manta Maria has been added! (embed)
- The Forge Splattershot Pro comes next week with the Bubble Blower Special.

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets) (embed)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy (embed) (embed)
> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0 (embed)
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv (embed)

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/ (embed)

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/ (embed)

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/ (embed)

> View Nintendo switch online services on your PC
- github.com/OatmealDome/LoungeChair/releases/tag/v1.0.6422.34538 (embed) (embed)

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link (embed)

> List of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

> Splatoon 1 Artbook
- archive.org/details/TheArtOfSplatoon (embed) (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/g4tqx6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
why are you doing this

poal.me/g4tqx6
Would you rather have Marina watch you ink your splat zone or eat Pearl's cake with mayo frosting?

Sex with Marie!

I want to rape Callie and knock her up with my children!

>human impregnating a squid

I miss Seekers.

Curling bombs don't do it for you?

Hybrids!

So have you sparkled in your games yet /ink/?

When you know your team is shit.

If your team is fine, when it's optimal for clear rates. If you get an early Gold Rush, that sort of situation is acceptable, but preferable not to use on Wave 1.

Only once.

would you rob a bank with marina

>being racist

Hard to with your last 50 being 19-31.

>refusing to accept marina's own desires that she has stated using words

So how's the Slsohing Machine in Spla2n ? Exactly the same, better due to map design or significantly better

Is Pearl a racist? She was about to tell a racist joke.

I would sex with Marina

but user she's only 16 human years old

What's better for grinding chunks, exp tickets or drink tickets?

Drink tickets, exp tickets doesn't affect gear

It's the next crutchbucket to compete with the current crutchbucket meta.

>charger
>1 kill
>in ranked
>me using sloshing machine which I didnt even use at all in splatoon 1 got 16 kills
>other roller guy on team also got 12 kills
>carried team to victory together

Honestly it feels like a straight downgrade from Trislosher but with a bit more range.

Fucking Stingray

It's ok that beyond the age of consent here

>if i buy splatoon again i will have to grind everything back
this physically hurts

Its way less painful in 2

So still the worst Slosher

Dark Urban Vest with Ninja Squid on it on the Splatnet, you know you want it

god fucking dammit my shitty team cant do anything without me

>Turf war extremely close
>Map pretty much 50/50 split the whole match
>Last 30 seconds our team gets wiped
>I booyah'd right when I respawned
>Entire team booyah's back instantly as we all swim forward with new determination

We lost the match but won in my heart

Ninja squid makes me way too fucking slow for marginal benefit.

Ability chunks make it way less painful, if grinding gear is a thing you're into for some god awful reason. Damage up and defense up are gone, replaced only with bomb defense up.

I managed it with Dynamo Roller for a few games of Tower Control.

I want the squinja suit with Ninja Squid.

I've never seen that before. Is it from getting an absurdly high freshness rating with one weapon? The highest I've ever gotten is 25, then it dropped to 23 and I jumped around the rest of the weapons.

It can probably get the team to the objective faster than anything but curling bombs

So there's that

Also getting autobombs to chase people into your range is fun

But why in all of fuck's name do both my weaponfus have to have fucking Stingray?

From having a really good win streak in ranked

No, not really. Seekers force the enemy to actively avoid it, make them predictable. Curls can be ignored.

It's from going 5+ games without losing I think.

Oh. I assume that's from doing them all in a row? I've only done enough to get to B rank in everything and I haven't lost yet. Trying to get gear that doesn't look stupid with abilities I want on it is hard.

Any Aussies here? Looking to pick Splatoon 2 up, wondering if it was playable over here without stupid high ping.

i love thatsso

Not an aussie, but know a couple, they say they often get matched with Japan just fine.

It's doable. Game matches you by region and similar ping.

Suppose 150-200 ping would work well enough for Splatoon, maybe. Can always return the game if it's too horrible. Might have managed 130 if this ISP's routing wasn't ass.

Yeah, figured that was the case but afaik the Switch hasn't sold all too well here, so not exactly a large player pool. No real surprise considering the price of the console without bundled games.

Feels the same as the regular slosher, I find it easier to one shot people

The skating jelly does three tricks:
ollie 360
kickflip
manual to kickflip body varial

Well it does do a whole lot more damage.
If the enemy has been so much as lightly sneezed upon with enemy ink they'll be in range to die from a direct sloshing machine

i love squid tummies

What the hell is happening, today? Nobody wants to push forward, nobody wants to avenge me, nobody wants to play objective and they're losing every single fight they engage in. It can't be because the shitters are free from work and school today because they wouldn't be good/have played long enough to be S+ anything

Tri-slosher never really clicked with me but I'm doing great with the Sloshing Machine. Should I give the tri-slosher another chance?

>losing every match on moray
>winning every match on the reef
what am I doing wrong

No. Sloshmo is more versitale. It can do blaster things, it's more mobile and has more range (=more ability to kill over walls).

Australia gets grouped up with Japan, so we're always going to have players.
Oddly enough though, we get the American Splatfest and Memeverse.

The only thing TriSlosher really does is have a wider hitbox. It's better for coverage, but that's it.

I personally hate sloshers just for how they wear out your hands having to mash every fling.

Is there a reason why I'm better with the Squiffer and why I can't play with the other chargers?

The wording is fucking terrible because I'm tired, but I'm good with the Squiffer, but terrible with chargers like the Firefin.

Faster charges and Ink Armor saves you in close-range encounters.

faster charge lets you be more aggressive

Holy shit I didn't realize that scoped chargers were my thing

They require the same aim but don't really play the same
Chargers are much more defensive and positional, while squiffer is like a long-range shooter

That explains it. I find myself pushing more and being aggressive, but it works quite well with the Squiffer. Sometimes, I tend to do that with the regular Chargers and I get killed in the process. Guess it's just my playstyle.

Does the MM still do fucktarded things like putting S+ and A in the same lobby?

Sex with special woomy

Rank system is so bad that S+ 1 can be put in the same match with S+ 50. Rank skipping sounds good on paper but instead of having the good people get to the rank they belong in you have people being carried and any halfway decent player and/or crutch user getting an inflated rank

I don't deserve these ranks but judging by the quality of player and plays not many others do

I'm gonna add more to this. How can I fix my playstyle when I'm playing with other chargers? My aim is fine, obviously because I main the Squiffer. But I have trouble with my positioning.

Yeah, with rank skipping there has to be rank plummets in the same manner. Like, from A to B-. And no safe zone, four cracks mean four cracks. Lower eanks should be more populated.

I thought splat fest tees arent affected by drinks or am i just really unlucky

Learn the maps and beneficial sniping positions.

So is flight gonna be the low-pop side this time?

Is there any way to make rollers less shit? If the rest of your team isn't pulling their own weight in TW, you have basically no options. The time you waste trying to ambush people in matches usually just wastes time you can be using painting. The amount of ink you eat through just trying to paint is obscenely high, especially since you can't swim while you're firing, like any other weapon. Even using the Carbon, enemies can catch up to you and shoot you in the back if you try to get away, and they won't run out of ink while doing it either.

Are they just shitty, useless weapons? A shame since it feels nice to use one.

Carbon for painting behind enemy lines in TW.

In all other scenarios an aerospray is better.

In S+ you can get sent back all the way to S+ 0 if you crack but that should be the same in every other rank. Also the safe bar should be higher or removed entirely

Well aware. I farmed to 20 with one. But holy shit is it boring.

Sydney here, we get matched with other Aussies or Japs which isn't too bad. I don't have any connection problems but then again I have good internet and am in a major city. Just things to consider.

You gotta learn the good sniping spots, how to to reposition and how to survive
You have to get a feeling of each map, like at what range you're safe from a weapon rushing you down, where to go when you're getting harassed out of your spot or when the objective moves (rainmaker, tower). It's mostly a matter of knowing the map and each weapon's range, the more you play the better you'll get at it.
Map awareness is very important too

Are S+ 1 and 50 really have more difference than S+ and A? I really wanted to kill myself when my climb to S was basically "you get A you lose, you don't get one you win"
Since when? Flying shitters seem to be the majority

Buff them back to the first game level, outside from dynamo which needs to go and stay go?

Most of the "pros" are in S+ so you as a freshly minted S+0 will get matched with them constantly plus you'll get team mates who were carried by them but really have no idea how to play

Ive been sparkling like half the time look lately. What's it even mean?

I can't get a single fucking kill with the squelcher. Not a single fucking legitimate one.

Carbon was the first weapon I ever got to SUPERFRESH with in Turf War, but initially, I was in the same boat as you are. I used the Carbon extensively in Splatoon 1, and I didn't like what they did to it in 2. It felt far too sluggish and passive. And to an extent, it IS sluggish and passive; it can take some time to wrap your head around its capabilities. Here are some tips for the Carbon:

Ink Saver Main, Swim Speed Up, and Special Charge Up are my go-to abilities. Sub Saver and Tenacity can also work well.

Pressuring your enemies into making mistakes should be the name of your game. Lob Autobombs constantly. Position your Ink Storrms so that you can herd the enemy into sticky situations. Few expect an Ink Storm to blow in from behind, for example.

Usually, you can escape/maneuver faster by jump flick, swim, repeat; rather than rolling.

Get a sense of your foes' max ranges, and exploit that knowledge. Aggressive shooter giving your team a hard time? Harass him incessantly. Throw your little Boston Terrier Bombs, feign attacks, whatever. But do so from a safe distance, just out of your target's range. If you space yourself correctly, you'll have time to roll out before getting hit, leading your target on a fruitless chase. Once he's overextended, seize the initiative and let him have it.

Speaking of initiative, you should always have it when attacking for a kill. This doesn't mean that you must sit around and wait for a victim. Stay on the move, jump-flicking, tossing bombs, and being a general shit-disturber. Sooner or later, you'll come across a firefight that you can thin out, or a straggler that you can backstab.

Is the splattershot jr for shitters, /ink/?

Nothing is wrong with it? I can't kill anyone with blaster, even easymode ones like luna

Retards, fags and shitters.

if by splattershot jr you mean sloshers, then yes

The squelcher is a really defensive weapon. Find the high grounds and watch your flanks.

>Usually, you can escape/maneuver faster by jump flick, swim, repeat; rather than rolling.
That's probably the worst thing about S2 rollers. They're trying to turn them into awkward guns, instead of rollers.

Squelcher needs to be 3 shot kill, coming from somone that usually gets around 10 kills a game with it.

If you want something that splats in less shots at the same range, you have the .96 gal.
The squelcher is fine, it's got a good rate of fire and tight spread. Learn to aim.

almost every time i play ranked

This. If you're shitting with it you probably just have trash positioning/aim.

Wheat the F*CK did you just say to me?

96 is way too slow

Just ordered MHXX so I can drop this stupid fucking game. Finally, Switch got a game.

Thats kind of why I didnt use it in the lower ranks. Its powerful for defense but to carry I had to be more aggressive and take the lead with the rapid blaster

>importer