/pg/ Persona General

Previous Hoodsona 5 Edition

NEWS
>Persona 5 anime coming in 2018: personacentral.com/persona-5-animation-announced-air-2018/
>Persona Q2 revealed: pq2.jp
>Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night revealed: persona-dance.jp/
>Persona 4 featured in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle: personacentral.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-announced-features-persona-4-arena/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
>Persona ISOs
mega.nz/#F!5iQAGTLB!U1LUUTLtawRdsWSDDFSAQQ
>Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017 concert
mega.nz/#F!FrozXCyI!-GKGzOozZmejeAnDZQdUbw

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jV69Z8IQRFA
youtu.be/PSdZUTsYygY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haru?

Mona.

Tae is bae!

Makoto is perfect!

I love Haru!

Obligatory Makoto post

So do I!

Be honest with yourselves, shipping faggots.
This isn't even bait: Futaba is probably the canonical winner of the Jokerbowl.
Futaba lives alongside Joker and gets wooed and consoled by him in a way that brothers don't do. She was revitalized by him. The other girls get helped by Joker, but that's it. Just helped. He didn't give anyone their LIVES back like he did with Futaba. Not to mention, the adopted cousin card is played so often that Japanese are ready to accept it.
I think that makes it pretty much canon.
...and she had the cutestRank 10.

I hate Haru!

Maid Mona was the only outfit I used

This is an abnormally long ritual post.

Yeah, that's Loki. Its concept art from the artbook and part of Goro Akechi's section. I actually submitted it by mistake, but it was actually going to be part of a post asking if Loki is actually a Justice persona, because he's more like a Devil.

Loki is usually portrayed as a Trickster god, and in P5 that's actually very appropriate, but I think for this game Loki's gone back to being a persona of the Devil arcana. In P1 Loki belonged to the Devil arcana, and in that game he's portrayed as imprisoned in bondage, presumably because it was just after he had murdered Balder. The other Aesir caught him, imprisoned him in a cave, and hung a serpent above him to constantly drip venom into his face. It perfectly fits Reiji's character arc up to that point in the game, and the earliest you can use Loki is just before you fight the human villain, which is the cause of Reiji's suffering.
In P5, Loki looks like he just broke out of prison, and is about to start Ragnarok to kill the gods out of revenge. And that perfectly fits Akechi's character arc to an absurd degree that I'm positive that Loki is supposed to be a Devil persona.
Furthermore, Loki in the concept art is shown holding the chain to Akechi's leash, exactly like Devil Tarot.

As to why Akechi is Joker's Justice confidante, it might be because that was how Joker viewed Akechi. Akihiko was FeMC's Star SL despite using an Emperor persona for that exact reason.
As to why Akechi can even use other Persona in the first place, maybe he's a Wildcard too?

(Note: You can download the artboook from e-hentai. Such an odd place to host artbooks.)

i love Ann! she is a great character!

Thread theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jV69Z8IQRFA

i hate ann! she is a terrible character!

I wish there was a game that combined DDS and Persona 5 (or Persona games in general)
Imagine a game set in a distorted world where the only social links are withing each other since they are trapped and want to get out.

It starts with at least 3 groups of kids trapped in a distorted world. You select which group and make alliance within them.

At the end you choose if you unite or kill other factions. Or unite against a bigger enemy and get out. There is also an option to side with the enemy.
/ idea moment. I have to get back to studying.

i love anne's LOVE tanktop!

But she didn't even go as far as the TRUE waifu did.
Morgana is the only one who goes home with Joker.

>waifuing your little sister

It's Loki, yeah. It's one of those initial sketches Soejima does to figure out designs and ideas, in this case regarding Goro's boss fight where he uses Loki.

It's a really early sketch (if you look closely, it uses the first, short-haired design concept for Goro, and I can't fully make out Soejima's handwriting but it sounds like they were toying with the idea of Loki being more like an untamed Shadow and being summoned in a different way from the party's Personas at the time), but it's in line with the fact that they always intended for Goro to be the traitor and to have Loki as his Persona.

Loki's classified as Justice in the game's data, for what it's worth, though that might be placeholder data so it's possible they'd change that in a rerelease (it wouldn't be the first time they've reclassified Personas in a rerelease, though it would be the first time they've done it with a party member's Persona).

Agreed that P5 Loki looks like he's likely based on the later parts of his myths, though, since he has the stitched-together mouth he got as a result of the bet he lost against the dwarves.

I wouldn't read too much into that sketch from the Official Design Works, though. It's an extremely early sketch, and those often have little to do with the finalized version.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100001

ann is FAT !!

>not waifuing your little sister

I really feel ATLUS needs to make the link between Yabadoo and Akechi stronger, and by stronger I mean having it be a thing beyond Yabadook giving Goro his persona 2 years early. In theory it will probably be limited to P5ag, if it is a Goro focused spin off in the first place.

>didn't have time to buy any items before entering mementos for the final time
>no more SP items
>have half my sp gone before i'm halfway in
am i fucked

Caroline will restore your HP and SP for free. Just talk to her outside the VR.

and you can go to shop from the entrance of mementos

oh, thanks, i didn't know either of those things
i was dreading loading P5 up again :S

Also, sell off any consumables you don't see yourself needing for the final battle.
Personally, I would ditch status recovery items and Magic Ointments, since those are near useless against the final boss.

>:S

just to have more money for NG+?
i don't think i've ever used a status recovery item. absolute waste of a turn

Pretty much.

I was too lazy to set up a high Luck Persona with confuse for money farming, so after defeating the final boss 'normally' on Merciless difficulty, I reloaded my pre-fight save, set the difficult to Safety, then grinded the mobs for cash to fill out the compendium.

I can't wait for Crimson where you can be a girl and save Groo by the power of LOVE!

>and then he dies anyway

Yaldabaoth didn't give him his Persona. He's not capable of actually granting people Personas. As far as we currently know, all he did was grant him the Metaverse Navigator application, just like he did for Joker, which gave Goro the chance to awaken his natural potential. (He also seemingly kept an eye on him, since he makes several comments about his activities and hints at what the antagonist side seems to be up to, though who knows if that's as a result of keeping an eye on him or actually appearing to him as Igor like he does to Joker.)

If the Maniax book made one thing obvious, it's that they're intentionally keeping a lot regarding Goro and specific thematic elements under wraps for now, so it's probably safe to say they'll expand on his side of the story in the future. Whether it'll be in additional content in a rerelease, POV switched scenes in a spinoff, or the focus topic of its own game remains to be seen for now. Hell, I'd take a drama CD expanding on the antagonist side and Yaldabaoth in general if it comes down to it too. Just pray it's not going to be a light novel.

And then he survives through deus ex machina.

Post makoto every second

no

TIME TO BUTTON SMASH ;)

I'd smash her sister's buttons if you catch my drift.

anyone else here tried making tulpa out of their waifu? my friend mentioned it to me, but im kinda scared and a bit skeptic about it

dude it's literally willing yourself insane and/or retarded

i tried making a girl tulpa to be less lonely but then i just ended up becoming a girl instead

Why have we've been so dead in the last few days

Tulpas are a retarded meme

There's really nothing new to talk about. Things will pick up in late September assuming Atlus shows new dancing game footage and reveals new information.

shitposters drove everyone away

they're basically just practicing your imagination
at the very least you can just train yourself to picture things more vividly

but yeah, devoting that much effort to the imaginary is kind of a bad idea unless you're absolutely never going to get any actual friends

youtu.be/PSdZUTsYygY
@ 2:11

>If he had lived he would suffer from alopecia like his Father

Perhaps it was for the best.

I thought someone mentioned Shido shaved it to look more intimidating.

I don't have the image, but Shido legit looked pretty good with Akechi hair. Not intimidating, though.

Yeah, Goro seems to think his Persona was given to him by the gods but it's unclear whether he means this literally or he means it's like a chance given by the gods. I'd like to know more about him as he's an interesting character and pretty unique in being the sole Wild Card with apparently no guidance who made it that far anyway.

I want to know too how he picks his rampage targets since he had to bring results, like did he have to study them to see if using Loki would bring the desired effect or what?

>Akechi Goro is inspired by Akechi Mitsuhide
>After betraying and killing Nobunaga, it's said that he was hunted and killed by his clansmen for treason
>However, there's another story that he successively escaped and became a Buddhist Monk named Tenkai Nankobou
>To become a Buddhist Monk he must shave his head

It's inevitable user.

Fucking Akechi.

He probably shaved it because he was going bald and the George Constanza look doesn't intimidate anyone.

Kawakami a kawacutie

She's mine /pg/

why do people like makoto so much
futaba is clearly best girl
>that first time she calls you boyfriend

Hi grandma!

mm go on talk more about this itty bitty qt im gonna jerk off!!!

I used to really dislike Makoto, however she does have a just heart and that moment where she slapped Eiko even though she could well have lost her friend like that showed how principled she was and it's not her fault that her issues appear less do-or-die than the rest of the PTs. Futaba still best girl though.

Where are my Pixie doujins?

Good reminder

You should really post a better image of Joker and Yusuke

Hi wino!

>It's actually animated
Where can we acquire more of this forbidden sorcery?

Why does Makoto have whore lips?

When Shido talks to Politician Ooe he talks about how the mental shutdown and Metaverse expansion business will go on even after the elections are over, however his Shadow said Goro would be disposed of after the elections and there's no signs that Shido wouldn't have killed off the five most loyal customers after the elections, right?

Which one of them loves black men?

Rise is cool!

all white women love black cock

how new

I think Shido was bullshitting Ooe. He was probably going to cut as many ties as possible once he was secure in the prime ministership, whether via Goro (until Shido disposes of him) or the Cleaner.

Who peepeed on Makoto :(

She did it herself

Yeah, from the way Goro speaks to Shido later he doesn't even seem surprised that Shido would push the date of their deaths forward and because he thought he might have to do something as suicidal as storming Shido's Palace on his own it's clear Goro himself wasn't 100% certain things would work out for him.

Still though, it's a good thing he didn't do as demanded or else the PTs would have lost.

There are a bunch of reasons why I do. But I'm at work rn so I'll just leave it at that I genuinely like her and find her relatable.
Also Makoto a best

Meant for

Samarecarm!

All other shitposting aside, Makoto probably actually does sleep with her door open and the hall light one.

>You will never cut the power to her apartment while she's having a shower and chase her around the house while whipping her with a towel

Sleeping with the door open is fucking terrifying though.

You know, about that part where the PTs meet Goro again the line that bothered me most is actually Futaba saying that it's not too late to start over to him, given that while he was a victim of circumstances he makes it clear forgiveness is something he doesn't expect or want. The rest of it was okay since they didn't forgive him and just understood his situation, that one just bugs me though.

I know. I never understood how people can feel safe with the door open. If you can see out the door, then that just means something else can see in.

But they can see you jerking it to anime girls so it's cool you have a mutual understanding of sort

what about hall light two?

I need that picture of the kawakami highschool cock meme.

I think there is another one with longer cock.

Well it made MY cock longer, but I still have to disqualify you.

Why do you need a whisk at a burger joint?

How does a robot get fat?

Maybe because you can hear stuff outside your room better?

Ryuji, you've been hanging out with that slut, Makoto, haven't you?

In an effort to reduce fat-shaming across the girls of gekkoukan high, they installed her with an additional 250 pounds of protective Kevlar.

Curry Pot! You've been hanging out with that slut CRT Television, haven't you?

Look I can do it too! It's almost as if it requires no effort and is not unique or valuable posting.