Post car you drove during your driving lessons

post car you drove during your driving lessons.

i didnt do driving lessons tho.

i took a test in a shitty autotragic legacy wagon tho and passed first try

Diesel manuel

not a bad car to drive, but not something I'd want to own myself

A 1.6l diesel with juuuuuust enough torque to get moving in 2nd if you're really careful with the clutch.

And then i bought one for myself

Protege, Aveo, Focus

I took my test in this beast. Parallel parking was quite tight but I got it in

I drove 4 cars during my driver's ed week my parents paid for.

All manual except the Mazda2 and another Hyundai Accent I was loaned for the final test (sedan this time), why needlessly complicate the parking segment?

Taurus

German here. Did my driving test in a Mk.5 Diesel Golf

From lessons to passing in, pretty EZ and comfy car.
I would never buy a ford though.

520d manuel

This POS

I aced the fuck out of my test in this bad boy.

Same color but I think mine was a base model. Nifty little car. Really good economybox.

İt was 1.6 diesel w/ 5 spd really nice torque and smol steering wheel quite ideal

My mom's 04 explorer. I failed the first time because I had to back into a parking spot that was b a r e l y wider than the suv, but I passed the 2nd time because they had me back into a wider spot. Not a great car to drive but it's been dead reliable for us the past 8 years of ownership and many road trips so I can't say it's bad

they didnt make any f10 520ds in manual

>exploder
>reliable
lucky sonovabitch

I learned by driving with my mom in her 04 trailblazer for like a couple weeks before taking the test, got it on the first try but I got lucky and they didn't have me back into a parking space or parallel park at all so it was an easy mode test.

They're pretty decent cars though, the looks weren't anything special but they drove nicely and the I6 was a beast that moved that SUV almost as fast as my current civic si.

518d then?
damn

Yes they did?

In the area I live in it's either this or a 500

Drove this bad boy durring drivers ed. Only thing wrong was everything plus the turn signal stalk

Forgot pic

this and the punto

Took lessons in my own car i bought from my brother. Also took the test in it.

Bought it a week after passing theory.

This heap of 1.4 liter junk. I hated every minute of driving it.

>driving lessons
Are those an actual thing? I just took my moms 92 camry and passed first try

In less relevant parts of the world, mainly

This but the 1.4 TDI. Where I live in the dutch caliphate there is huge variation from A segment cuckboxes up to a 996 carrera. (groningen area)

I think my driver's ed course at my high school had two chevy luminas. I only drove them maybe three or four times during the class. Since it was provided through my high school the emphasis was on classroom learning with enough time in a car to be "tested" preemptively before the actual driver's test and see where you can improve and need more practice.

I really drove one of these for most of the time I learned to drive, and well after. It was my Mom's for a long time and by the time I was in high school it was "mine" to have.

Learned to drive using one of these and also passed my driver's test in it. Only bad thing was parallel parking since it was such a long fucking car. Miss it now though, if I ever get the chance to buy another one, I will.

Used mainly this for my first license, while the track day was with a Mazda 6 & the actual test with an Audi A6

It was a terrible car

+250K, torn seatbelt, soft brakes, and a broken air conditioner. shittiest car ever

passed my test with my mom's 2006 sienna

Manual. what a basic vehicle, but it lasted 10 years.
>manual locks
>manual windows

I drove a 2.0 diesel Punto like this one.

So much torque I actually drove off from a stand still in 3rd.

hated it then but i kinda like it now lol

At the time I was more than happy with it, considering the majority of school cars were 7 year old janky Dacias

My driving school offered BMW 3 series and Mazda 3 sedans as instructional cars

After passing the test I practiced driving in my dad's LS430.

I want an echo

Yea I've always heard awful things about them but the only issue ours has had were the wheel bearings started failing because the suv is so dam heavy but we had a warranty so the dealership fixed it for free. But besides that it's been great for us, we've done nothing to it minus normal maintenance

We also owned a 2004 trailblazer too, in red. Probably the worst car we ever owned. We bought it in 06 with I think 20k miles and everything on it started failing. Every gauge would break monthly, several sensors just died, transmission needed servicing twice, then my mom crashed it 3 years later and it was like a gift from the gods for us that she did that

Outta my way gays.

corsa mk2 diesel manual

Official lessons in one of these but I actually learned to drive in a few cars

This being one of the main ones.

It was my friend's mom's car.
Currently own a 2013 Accord Sport.

I want a rwd Corolla like this. I saw someone driving one in my neighbourhood a couple of times. Looks well taken care of. I'd love to buy it off of them one day.

who /Poland/ here?

The one I drove was a 4k and I can say even as a mid teen it felt properly gutless, the Mirage felt a fair bit more powerful.

I think when I had actual lessons last year (inb4 underage b&; I'm 20, just took a while to grow up) I drove a 2016 one of these bad boys, and an Astra for most of the driving away from lessons.

I think it was a good combo. The Toyota had fuck all acceleration but handled quite easily, so it was hard to fuck up in a way that was dangerous. The Astra was just an easy car to drive unless you revved it to hell, and even then it just meant a shaky ride and a scary noise.

I was originally scared about fucking up an expensive car when I got a sedan or a wagon because I figured they'd be hard to control, but my project shitboxnis a sedan and I feel pretty ready and confident when driving it. So I guess t worked.

this thing had 60 HP in it's when it was brand new
I was regularly outrun by 30 year old busses

Soviet shitbox.

pure shit

Škoda Fabia 1.2 HTP.It had a fucked up trans and i fucking hated this pos to death

This piece of shit. It was so bad it was almost funny.

It was a diesel so when I first drove a petrol car after getting my license I had no clue how to drive off.

Anyway has anyone else noticed the massive price increase of instruction cars over the last years? Nowadays every 2nd car seems to be huge BMW/Audi. Probably to teach all the posh kids how to drive in their mothers’ car

What, why?
I have a Yaris and my father has one too. They are more than excellent cars.

They are awful to drive though

Here

Well, yeah. Though I think the 1.4D is bearable, the petrol versions are trash to drive.
Driving isn’t the point anyway. They excell at cost of ownership and reliability which is what you get them for and at which they are probably the best in their class.

it was a ford fusion

shitty 1.6 tdi engine

It was a 1.6 turbodiesel

fuck these kids on my board

>driving lessons
Rich suburban faggots in this thread. I learned to drive by myself, with a stick.
Nobody even in the passengers seat.
I hate everyone in this thread who had "driving lessons". I had to struggle to get where I am in life. You had it easy. If this was the caveman days, you wouldn't be where you are now. You are soyboys with mommy and daddy subsidizing your driving habits. If you didn't have driving lessons, I am doubtful many of you could have learned on your own.
I lived in a rural area where a car was a necessity, not something to haul your degenerate friends around to do your drinking and partying.
I look forward to the decline of society, just for the brief period where the new mongol hordes descend on you weak people, taking what they can, justified by nature in appropriation with respect toward adeptness, intelligence, or might.
You people are so sheltered it isn't funny. Waaah, we need to get muh boy a tutor. Waaaah, need to get our kids drivers lessons.
The truth of the matter is, all of you who have had this shit, are charlatans, and it truly shows. It manifests in bad drivers or incompetents.

Not everyone's American, mate. In most places, driving lessons are mandatory.

2 weeks of driving classes and a written exam, 2 weeks of first aid classes and an oral exam, and mandatory 35 hours of driving lessons before being eligible for a driving test

You legally have to have a minimum number/hours with an instructor where I live. I knew how to drive before I did my hours but no license without them - it'd be fucking fantastic if I didn't have to spend over a grand on permission to learn how to drive.

Scania M93, truck/car license
Suzuki TSR 125, motorcycle license

Jesus, poverty supremacists are the fucking worst.

Had to parallel park this bitch

yeah me too. Ruralfag who spent his youth on shitboxes and mopeds but only got a license at 24

Your dad didn't even sit with you and teach his son how to drive? No wonder you're so vicious, poor unloved creature.

driving lessons are mandatory pretty much everywhere in the US if you're a minor. i knew how to drive before taking my classes, but i still had to log a certain amount of hours with an instructor to get my license. must be from somewhere else or waited til being older to get a license.

Not true, I got my license at 17 without any lessons, just my parents being in the car with me telling me what to do.

In like 49/50 US states you get a permit, which you are supposed to drive X amount of hours before applying for a license.
Proof isn't documented
Parents can sign it. Nobody needs to have an instructor to document it.

similar rusty shitbox, needed to rev it while turning the key on to keep it from stalling, would stall when turning the wheel all the way to the left/right, odometer would show how fast I'm going until 60km/h

probably king of shitboxes

Proper beast

I don't have a picture of it but it was my moms white 2005 Toyota Camry SE that I then bought from her and totaled a year later

my fucking sides

this, but lessons can be used to lower your insurance

it was ok

cooper diesel, shit was torquey but sluggish as shit, gearbox was okay as long as you didn't need reverse, ride is hard a fuck.

I had two driving lessons in my first car
Pic related, is same model as mine

the learner's car for more cultured people

nice
t.own this shitter

Horrid to drive.
Shifter felt like shifting a truck. Steering had no feedback whatsoever. Horrible seating position too.

Suzuki Ignis

This for some reason

It genuinely feels like you're driving a brick with shopping trolley wheels glued to it. Also, the clutch has to be absolutely flat to the floor during the entire shifting process or you'll grind gears. I mean that literally. If the carpet gets under the pedal, your gears are going to grind. It's truly horrible. Being reliable does not make this piece of toss worth it.