Why do owners of the c5, c6, and c7 hate the c4 so much?

Why do owners of the c5, c6, and c7 hate the c4 so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

corvetteonline.com/features/mad-modded-1994-zr-1-new-benchmark-of-corvette-cool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

poorfag car

As a C5 owner I love the C4 too. Honestly there isn't really a bad generation of Corvette as far as I'm concerned. For the 1980s and their cucked lame as fuck emissions requirements the C4 did an astounding job of getting past that. Super easy to mod too.

Remember this was a time when fuel injection was still considered futuristic technology and very, very rare initially.

Looks like something Joe Dirt would drive. Embarassing.

>late 1980s
>fuel injection was futuristic

Corvette owners......

I think the C4 is the best looking of the bunch and the ZR1 has Lotus heritage.
Too bad I can never own one, being a yurofag. Nice car OP

They were sold in 1983, and at that time fuel injection was definitely not commonplace among your every day car.

Even shitbox Toyotas had efi at that point
>22-RE

I own a C6 and my father owns a C4, and we both dislike the C7. It just doesn't look like a vet anymore.

Because boomers hate the fact that C4s are affordable

it's just so sleek and sexy looking

I thought the whole appeal of the corvette was that it’s affordable

Mechanically C4 is a bit retarded

>optispark failures
>reverse flow coolant
>ironblock

i want this

>Honestly there isn't really a bad generation of Corvette as far as I'm concerned
Well you're wrong because the C4 was ugly, unreliable, and a garbage sports car.

>18728668(You)

Affordable for boomers, but they don't want millenials driving them

Not to mention the stupid 4 speed manual plus 3 speed automatic transmission

You can tell when a boomer is selling a vet. C5, less than 20,000 miles, and they want $35K.

lets count the mods

1. clearly its been slammed, done properly ~1.2k
2. that doesnt look like oem paint. 5k at least
3. brembo brakes 12k
4.tinted windows $250
5. rims (staggered) around 3k
6. body refab (cant tell me that front end is 100% OEM) ~3 to 5k.

car price?
>clapped out = 7.8k
>never driven = 25k

dude, its a fucking lemon, steer clear from it.. financially retarded

car for trailer trash

it's a fully rebuilt car, factory admiral blue. body is 100% factory, sitting on coilovers

brembo brakes surly werent an option on an american car

>stay away from customized and/or built cars
It's like you hate fun.

Likely not in the 1980s, but recently most American performance cars come with Brembo as part of their performance packs.

argh.. kinda sorta, i mean its a financial hole.. looks fucking dope but man oh man.

all corvettes look like floppy sandals

Yeah, but unless you're a broke college student struggling to make ends meet, a car isn't about financial responsibility and wisely investing your money. A car is a hobby/interest that is known to drain your money no matter what, the only variable is to what extent.

To me I spend the vast majority of my money on car related things and that makes me happy. I invest wisely, but in the market, not my car.

It's an affordable dream car, not a shit box

well yeah it has modern bits
corvetteonline.com/features/mad-modded-1994-zr-1-new-benchmark-of-corvette-cool/

Because owners of the c5, c6, and c7 tend to be tasteless faggots. C4 is best

At that point most German automakers were already using port injection,and hadn't even bothered with ass backwards single point injection like the Crossfire shit on the corvettes.

EFI was not new, granted it was basic as fuck compared to what we have now but it was fairly common place on most imported new cars at the time.

I own a C5. I like the C4 too. I just don't like the OEM C4 wheels.

12k for brakes
what the fuck are you smoking

because every corvette after the C4 has been poorly trying to capture the iconic look of its era. When people think of 80s style cars, the Corvette C4 comes up prominently. That doesn't happen when people think of 90s or even 00s cars.

Probably because the C5 looks like it was designed in the early 2000s, as long as you ignore the pop-up headlights. If you modify a C5 to have a relatively tastefully standard exposed headlight configuration, it looks a lot like the C6. The biggest the differences are the doors, rear lights, and headlights which would be changed.

Look man, fuck these hating ass boomers and boomer brain washed soyboys
The c4 is a gorgeous car that came from the late 80s and early 90s
Soon I’ll be getting mine too, gonna make it a NA handling machine

>The c4 is a gorgeous car that came from the late 80s
>1983
>late 80s
What?

it has had a facelift

The c3 is the most hated, ugly, and gutless Corvette ever made.

This is objective fact.

IF YOU FUCKERS IN YOUR C5'S DONT WAVE AT ME NEXT TIME IM CHASING YOU DOWN AND PULLING MY GUN ON YOU UNTIL YOU FUCKING WAVE AT ME

>1983
>Corvette

Pick one

>C1
Great looking, especially the later years with dual headlights. One of those cars that you could drive at 45 and be happy.

>C2
Pinnacle of Corvette in terms of looks. No replacement for displacement era beauty.

>C3
Let's take a C2 and give it more curves. Looks are okay but not as aggressive.

>C4
I like the look of these. The blue '94 with the racing stripes is one of the first images to mind when I think Corvette. Performance is meh, but it was a transitional time in the 80s

>C5
Caputres the turn of the century era pretty good to me. Good attempt to compete with much higher priced cars of the era

>C6
Can see the roots of the C5, but getting back to more aggressive. Incorporating what's being learned from the C6.R. Continual increase on machine and technology incorporation. Introducing new materials and manufacturing techniques

>C7

A lot more aggressive looking, but I don't care much for the sharp body lines. I think the main priorities with this car are meeting all regulations and producing something still fast and great to drive.

I'm expecting to unfortunately see hybrid/economy/6 cyl versions in the next two generations.

Because they are dumb boomers that hate things that are good.

>No low ballers, I know what I have

LMAO, very true. Fucking boomers thinking their cars are investments.

Corvettes had optional fuel injection in 1957