Mazda MX-5 (ND)

Why do you dislike the current generation Miata's?

Have you driven one?

Would you prefer the hard top or the soft top?

Other urls found in this thread:

guiltycrown.wikia.com/wiki/Ayase_Shinomiya
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It looks too edgy and futuristic for what it is. I want to be comforted when I’m in a car like this and all I feel is coldness.

Because miata owners are generally poor and can't buy it

I don't dislike it, and I like the styling. But I don't like convertibles.

I get that. I love the way the car feels when the top is down, even in the RF.

Does that take away from the car itself tho?

Even hard top? I personally wish more affordable cars had that

I don't dislike it at all.

The hard top is venturing into BRZ territories and I would prefer a BRZ over a Miata, tbqhwyfamalam.

I'd go for the soft top every time unless I lived somewhere the weather was horrible all the time. The full 360 view you have is amazing, most modern car interiors feel like a prison cell by comparison. I drove a GT soft top in auto a few months back at a show. My only major complaint that isn't attributed to safety regulations is I wish the nav screen looked much better. I like the position but the bezzel is huge and it just looks kind of cheap.

They don't come in a proper blue.

>Why do you dislike the current generation Miata's?
I love them
>Have you driven one?
I've driven both, and the Fiat version
>Would you prefer the hard top or the soft top?
Soft top...
...The Fiat version.
Best of both worlds.

Also the top is excellent and operates better, easier, simpler, and faster than any other soft top I've ever seen in my life.

pix is this by the way
guiltycrown.wikia.com/wiki/Ayase_Shinomiya

Should have been a full coupe but whatever, it'll be a nice cheap toy to pick up in a few years.

I own one.

I love everything about the car aside from sometimes inconvenient trunk space and the fact that faggot ass M I A T A name continues to be used in N.America advertising. I thought Mazda was trying to cut off the fag shit with its halo car.

>over 40k in leafbucks
I'll either pickup the refresh or the skyactiv-x version in a few years for a DD for sure. I hope they don't change the design language that much for the NF, if I have to wait that long.

yes ive driven it and yes love it despite being forced into autotragic (they dont offer manual in flipland)

NA owner, have driven the ND. They're remarkably similar in how they drive, so you're basically choosing new or used.

Also, I fucking hate that the "grand touring" is mechanically worse than the club trib, but at least you can get leather in the 2018's with the Brembo pack

Basically, I have an 86. I do like the RF, but it’s heavier and more expensive than the softop. I would eventually like to get some hardtop roadster (i.e., mr-s, s2000) though.

>flipland

is this a real thing?

What country are you talking about?

Photographers have spotted a hardtop fiat spider. So the question is, RF or the possible spider coupe?

phillipines

>hardtop fiat spider
The Fiata is clearly uglier of the two.

>hardtop roadster
>s2000
wat?

I haven't driven one yet, but on paper and in appearance, they seem to be the best possible modern roadster. Mazda managed to make it as light as the nearly 30 year old original, improved the styling substantially over the previous two generations (it looks like a modern Mazdaspeed Miata), and the interior is a really nice place to be in.
I like the RF more because it looks like a babby FD descendant, but don't know if the extra weight is worth it. Never actually driven a roadster, so don't know if I would enjoy it or not. If Toyota never releases the SFR, I would consider getting one to take the place of my daily AE86.

155 horsepower in a 2018 sports car is shameful, no matter how light it is.
Mazda should give it about 200hp and make it less ugly when they do the mid-generation refresh.

I don't, I almost bought one.
>Have you driven one?
Soft top, RF, and the 124 Spider
Soft top. The hard top just adds weight and reduces visibility.

I have not driven one but am seriously considering buying exactly the pic in your OP sometime this year

>less ugly
>ND

bet you loved the NC

It'll probably get the Skyactiv X 2.0L eventually.

Nope. The most attractive Miata is the NB.

The BBR 200 will take care of that

-I hate how the headlights look
-Lack of a 'Mazdaspeed' tier performance trim
-Not as comfortable as it could/should be if you want to DD one
-(controversial opinion ahead) I Don't particularly love the 2 liter Skyactiv engine, doesn't feel like the right engine for the chassis to me
>Have you driven one?
Yes
Soft top. Except mine has a scorpion on the badge

I own an arctic white ND RF. It’s fun, but you definitely need a bit of money to throw at it. So far it’s been 34,000 for the new RF Club with Brembo, 2,200 for Ohline coilovers, another 600 for corner balancing and alignments, and soon I’ll be dropping another 7,000 for a supercharger kit installed. Yes, for 43,000 I could have had much more in terms of power, a used C6 vette, or a used AMG with a big V8. I’ve driven both of those and other fast cars. But the ND ended up being the most fun. I can drive it like an asshole but the cops don’t care as I’m not actually going that fast, but the sensation of speed is there. Since the price of entry is high, the ND owner community tends to be of an older more mature sort. Very different from poorfag kids you see driving beat up NAs and NBs. While I’d never look down on them as I used to be a poorfag myself driving a beat up Nissan 300ZX, it’s just different dealing with owners who are willing to throw down some money for top tier products to be made for the car (such as Ohlins coilovers)

/t. Blog

>doesn't feel like the right engine for the chassis to me
That's because it's not. The ND was designed around the 1.5 that you can't get in murrica.

hate all new cars. sat in one. driving position is too reclined. pedals arent below you theyre right in front of your hips basically

Get a Yaris Verso.

The Mazdaspeed version is the Cup.
>but you definitely need a bit of money to throw at it
I don't agree. I feel like throwing money at upgrading my ND (ragtop Club with Brembo/BBS) would not substantially improve it, and may even ruin it by reducing the sensation of speed. If it were a trackday car, then yes, suspension modifications would certainly be nice, but as a daily canyon carver, it's fine as-is. Any nice twisty road I encounter I can do at well above the legal speed limit without really approaching the car's limits, and after having a bunch of cars that always stayed flat in corners, I kinda like the slight body roll.
>too reclined
There's a lever for that.
>pedals in front of your hips
That's where they should be.

>The Mazdaspeed version is the Cup.
That's hilarious. A mazdaspeed trim would be factory turbo'd with a more aggressive setup. Like the actual mazdaspeed NB was.

Literally every trim has the same power output with the ND

> A mazdaspeed trim would be factory turbo'd with a more aggressive setup
That's what the 124 Abarth is for, silly. Mazda isn't interested in putting turbos in the MX-5.
>Literally every trim has the same power output with the ND
Literally wrong.

>The Mazdaspeed version is the Cup.
Mazda is has no "Abarth" level equivalent for the ND like Fiat has with the 124, and that's what I am talking about. Mazda knows they have a strong enthusiast following with this car, so to me, it's crazy they don't have a more hardcore enthusiast trim

But fuck, if you read all the interviews and articles about the partnership, Mazda was going to kill the Miata if they couldn't partner with someone, the beancounters didn't see a financial case for it outside of a partnership. FCA provided the majority of the financial backing for development of the ND...it's like Mazda is catching the same disease that infected Nissan

>Literally wrong.
All trims are 155 horsepower in the US if I remember correctly

headlights ruin the whole thing

based

they look nice but the aftermarket just isn't there (yet?)

you mean the gayest

one time I sped up next to a silver NB2 in my na6 because I thought he would be cool but it was just some bald fag with thicc eyeliner and earrings who didn't even acknowledge me. fuck dude, what is the point in owning the car

not surprised
and it's no wonder mazda made a facelift so fast, it was simply too gay even for a miata
too bad it's still looked like a fag car

155hp and literally slower than an FR-Slow.

NA is the gayest. NC is second gayest.

yeah, keep thinking whatever makes you sleep better at night
the reality is different though, i wonder if you will ever see through your delusion

The enthusiast trim is the Club, just as the Abarth is to the standard 124. The hardcore trim is the fucking Cup. You don't get more hardcore than a dedicated track car with its own racing series. As for the ND not being a thing without FCA, there was only one article that I know of that suggested it, and couched it heavily as speculation.
The 1.5l trim level is 129hp. Sorry that you don't get it in the US.

For most things there are at least two or three choices. Suspension kits abound at all price levels, there at least three turbo kits out there, but for now only one supercharger kit. Several exhaust choices. Four lug does limit wheel choice though. Companies know ND owners have money and are rushing to get stuff out there. One company made a set of trim pieces for the interior, and the first ten sets sold out almost immediately. They soon announced several new products, so it goes.

how to fix the gayness

NA>ND>RF>NB>NC

Have testdriven the ND RF, fell in love.

However I'm 6'5 and I absolutely do not fit, can't sit straight with the top up - otherwise I would buy it instantly.

Ended up with a cheap Boxster

No

Yes, test-drove an ND RF and 124 Abarth

Soft top with removable hardtop (pls mazda)

I'm a poorfag so I went and bought an NB after driving the ND, I agree with other posters here about the kind of uninviting interior and odd headlight proportions. I think the car looks great overall but the headlights should be a little larger, not the opening but the lens would look nicer filling that cut in the body lines more.

I had an NC and had a love hate relationship.
>terrible touring car in winter / rain
>loud road noise, good luck listening to music or talking with your lady on the highway
>cramped, Can't stretch or move freely on long drives
>Can't see shit with the top up

I would hope the hard top fixes visibility and road noise. I loved the car on the street and hated it on the highway. Suspension was pretty much perfect balance.

The whole low power thing kind of sucks but its not THAT bad.

I'll prob get a Z4 or boxster before another mx5 but I still think of you are financing a car and on the low income side its the best choice in the price bracket for buying any car.

The fun moments with the top down by far out weigh the downsides. I think you may as well go hard top to help make it a more convenient highway / winter car.

I have just been canvassing for it a whike ago. Really conflicted whether to buy the soft top because M/T and sacrifice security (god please purge the degenerates in this country) or the RF which has the hard top but autotragic. Wondering why they don't offer the RF with M/T.

I had one as a rental once... I greatly enjoyed it, the lack of luggage space was annoying at times, but nothing major.

Still prefer my s2000

6" tall and I lift, I fit but only just. My NA feels extremely spacious in comparison. I love the roof mechanism, you can open or close it in one second. Stupid and ugly infotainment screen ruins the interior as usual in nu-cars. I prefer my NA, could consider the ND as a daily I guess

those squinting chinky headlights

Would get one but I need a car that is practical.