Porsche 911 GT3 in Winter

Been looking and thinking about purchasing a GT3 for a while now but thought to myself how good is it during the winter?

I’m going to assume it won’t last very long in the winter over the years of owning one, even if you have good winter tires. I live in Toronto, Canada, where it can get to -15 to -20 celcius (5-0 F), along with slush and couple CM of snow.

If you can buy a GT3, you can afford another set of wheels with snow tires, and the car will do fine in the winter with those

This

/thread

Buying expensive winter kits and tires are no problem, just worried about things such as it’s RWD system in the snow, will the freezing temps ruin the car along with salt and a bit more

If it's got room for only paper thin tires, I wish you good luck, if there's space for real """deep""" tread it should be alright with a set of all seasons

Be like the rest of the northerners and daily a rust bucket or aluminum/fiberglass car in the winter

I live in Iceland and I daily an Aventador, it's all a matter of driving skills and attitude really. Stay fly.

In Toronto your main problem will be salt. Toronto streets barely qualify as winter driving but that salt might be an issue.

I'd worry more about someone else smacking the thing though. Way too many cars in Toronto have battle scars.

I'm so glad I left that city.

GT3 owner here. Do not buy a GT3 if you plan on dailying it especially in the snow. It’s good for anything other than snow. Get something like a turbo or GTS if you intend on a daily

Oh nice! Other reasons not to daily it other than snow?

Yea tell me about it, horrible drivers around, what about the pocket cities like Sauga or Vaughan?

Iceland is suppose to be nice, it’s Greenland that’s nasty!

why do you own a GT3 and post on Veeky Forums

i don't believe you can afford a GT3, I think you're just cosplaying

>salt
fucken undercoat it then

My people have been using all sorts of Porsches as all year round dailies since the 60s, they're prefectly adequate.

Traction is very good due to the rear engine, but the GT3s low and stiff suspension might be a handicap in the winter.

Seconded, a Carrera 2S or especially a GTS might be the car for you.
>Will keep up with a GT3 if you order the right variant
>various bodystyles available
>GT3 style interior and seats optional
>4WD also and option, although even in the winter I don't see a reason for it

It's just a regular, modern car. A new 911 will handle low temperatures and salt just as well as a new Golf, that's kinda the point of Porsches and has been since forever.

>another LARP thread

>I daily an Aventador

pics with timestamp

>ITT: Larpers and newfags

this.

It’s uncomfortable as hell if you get it with the competition bucket seats. Other than that it’s alright but it’s a 140k+ car that your gonna be paranoid about every time you park it somewhere

I’ve been posting on here since Highschool m8. Plus Porsche forums are circle jerks

>you’re here forever

rennlist is pretty good tho. Plenty of information. Lotta smart dudes on there.

Have driven my 997 C2S in the snow on winter tires. It's not bad at all since you have a fair amount of weight over the rear wheels, but can be a bit twitchy
Agreed, same with the BMW forums

haha bro you just a hata you didn't stay positive and work hard and now you bitta

With winter tires, any car can be driven in snow. I daily my E89 Z4 in the snow (not a GT3, but the same principal)

Yes, but I wouldn't want to drove my GT3 in the snow.

They're alright.

>inb4 doublepost
Drive*

>YOU’RE...YOU’RE ROLEPLAYING!!

Veeky Forums is so pathetic. Here’s a news flash. People more successful and wealthy than you browse this board and always will. Not everyone is a poorfag retard in high school trying to figure out how they can get the most out of their shitbox. Fuck off.

you have no power here with your hypothetical riced Tatra shitbox. nothin personnel, normie.

Porsches use galvanized steel bodies and are rust proof already, don't under coat it
They're also winter tested in the harshest conditions in northern Quebec, so Toronto snow it no issue

I suggest getting a Turbo instead, it makes a better daily driver than a GT3

Ayy are you the guy who was hit at a stop sign a week after picking up your 996?

>muh haters
>muh self made man i swear
Nobody has a problem with your parents being rich, just don't try to be a hero about it, people will just hate you even more for claiming street cred and being fake.