Forklift

Hey g/o/ys, I'm going to be going to a forklift training soon. Just wondering if you guys had some tips.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChOHnSL7ZCg
youtube.com/watch?v=v_Sr5B88WU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pull handbrake twice before steering in to drift.

Fucking easy as fuck bro. You will have three or four levers. There's one that makes the forks up and down, one that makes them tilt down and up a few degrees and one that makes them shift about a foot left and right. Tips... When about to insert your big meaty forks into an unsuspecting pallet's orifices, tilt down a bit and make sure you line shit up right, don't go at an angle until you're a pro and know what you're doing. Sometimes the fucking forks are bent and one is lower than the other shit's gay as fuck tilt some more so that they go in. Also if it's a small forklift and you're picking up something heavy and you're struggling to, put your foot on the brake and accelerate as you move your forks. Don't do it on the way down though, gravity has you there.You might also have a third pedal that's a clutch/brake. IF that's the case then stop first, then press that instead of the break, but for the love of god DON"T use that to brake when moving unless you want to fuck shit up.

Oh the fourth lever is rarely used. It can be to adjust the distance between the forks or for a fucking pinching thing to hold rolls.

youtube.com/watch?v=ChOHnSL7ZCg

Make sure when you're carrying a load have it all the way up so you can see better and just smash on the gas and brake pedal

They're easy to roll when drifting

A bit late for advice, you have already failed at life.

Don't go too fast over bumpy ground otherwise the forks will come off, then you've got a real fucking problem.
The next biggest problem is if you go through a garage door and don't honk and your forks are too low and you end up breaking someone's ankle and even if they have reconstructive surgery they'll never walk properly again.

always keep your forks low though, better to amputate someone than stab them

Also this. Best place to have them is at shin level. Break their shin rather than a join.
If you can't see because you have a tall load, get someone to spot for you

or drive in reverse like a pro

Be obnoxious with the horn and have the headlights on all the time.

>forklift training
Is that a thing? I got thirty minutes of dicking around with a pallet.

yeah you're supposed to have a license

I also never did training, but that's only because my family owns the business. OSHA would prefer that you do training and get a license.

youtube.com/watch?v=v_Sr5B88WU4

If you're good do this. If you're shit be careful if you're running double long forks or probes and you let them swing out too much

Be aware of pedestrians!
The few times a middle manager gets out of their office and walks through the warehouse,the will walk RIGHT into your path,as if to prove they know what they are doing. Weird authority thing.

What the fuck is up with that? Causes me endless fucking rage.

pay attention to lane etiquette

When I did my test I thought it was needlessly complicated. I'm not a forklift driver but I do ride it on occasion at work and there is so much space literally anyone could do what's required even if they've never driven one.
It also helps that there generally isn't anyone where I'm supposed to drive either so no risk of killing anyone.

Learn the Chinese double lift technique.

spatial awareness is a must. especially when moving something on the forks

>forklift training