Any info helps

I was driveing my 2003 gmc 2500hd through a river and my truck wont shift into 4x4. I know its electrical but idk where to look. Any ideas?

looks like your fucked mate

Thanks for the help.

>I was driveing my 2003 gmc 2500hd through a river

How deep was the river? Did you hear yourself hit anything going through it? Are you stuck in the river right now and need 4WD to get out?

I got through. I was in 2wd and as i was going through it started saying "service 4wd." I didnt hit anything, it was 2' at the most.

put it in rice

well there are probably some sensors on the tranny so check that

How do you know it's not activating AWD

I did something similar in an S10 and it ended up costing me a few grand lol.

well it seems that you did not learn your lesson

I have that automatic 4wd 3 button set up and so ill press 4x4 and the light blinks then goes back to 2wd

water probably got into your transfer case wiring

I would try an Italian Tune-up

Just smash the gas and run it through the first few gears at high RPM that might burn out any problems in the trans

How2fix? Probably the actuator?

Im not going to do that.

Then id have a chink in my truck...

but thats how u fix it retard

Something is fucky with the electronics. Unless yours has a manual transfer case like mine. I would start with checking the fuses for it.

t. 05 Silverado WT 2500hd 4x4

I've never been so glad to have a manual transfer case. sucks like a bitch to throw it though

Thanks man.

My blazer did the same thing and it was the encoder. Naturally I had already replaced the actuator, vacuum lines and changed the fluid by the time I figured it out because I’m a retard