/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #893 - Itch You Can't Scratch Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/PunkGam3r/status/901217073749254144
youtube.com/watch?v=KvV6l7Zv2g0
youtube.com/watch?v=z_4N-cPfnLA
youtu.be/j5KOZ5QO-lE?t=32
youtube.com/watch?v=zTRBnyx7TLo&t=0s
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
youtube.com/watch?v=FoLxsEjohLw
youtube.com/watch?v=5G3efmmyfqM
youtu.be/kSPh8C0ZkYA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Slow Hedgehog General

Sonic World's chao garden is on par with SA2's

FAST

First for Silver a cute!
Cute!!

Anyone doing a collage thing for 900 like with 700?

das cute

Why can't sega just make a 3DS Chao garden?

filthy rat

It feels so surreal to me looking up the voice cast for games like Amnesia and seeing how many old Sonic actors are there. Rouge, Omega, Espio, Charmy and Vector's Heroes actors are there. I know it isn't unusual for something like that to happen but it still feels weird to me especially since Amnesia is a horror game.

So this is a thing.

If we get a lot of Amy art, probably yeah. Good Amy, too.

twitter.com/PunkGam3r/status/901217073749254144

This cheesy bullshit nearly brought me to tears. You can tell kids are gonna love this.

SEGA is retarded, that's why.

Why do people hate Egg Reverie Zone? That was fucking awesome.

Thank you! I worked really hard on it! Though should I wait until the actual 900th to post it again?

Trips of truth.

I have my doubts about Forces, but I love the fact it's just embracing the tone it's taking. Infinite, the whole power of friendship thing, it's just going all in and so far there's no wink wink nudge nudge to the audience and I love that. It's saying "We know these games are silly but we're doing it anyways"

Egg Reverie is the only good part of Titanic Monarch

Sonic had some big names in VA up until 4Kids dub. Hell, Jaleel White was a pretty fucking big deal back in the 90s.

Sure!

I got such a big smile on my face with that double boost moment. So many kids & many Sonic fans inner kids are gonna love this game, I can tell.

>you will never run with Sonic in real life

Titanic Monarch just reeks of fan development. Its chock full of gimmicks and SUPER COOL IDEAS with no coherence.
Studiopolis is kinda the same way, but you can avoid a lot of the trash by taking the high route.

This would be great if Sonic's lines didn't read like bad anime dubbing

Also what the FUCK is that voice actor

#
I wasn't even talking about his delivery in lines, it's his voice in Heroes that I was pointing at. It was seriously that high-pitched and more annoying. If he had the same Adventure voice actor(s) in Heroes while still kept the same lines in that game, too, during that time, it wouldn't be sounding to bad.

why you gotta make me feel all sentimental n shit

*CUTE rat!!

Well Mania is a glorified fangame so of course it's going to have generally awful design. I swear the only reason people like it is because it's average and not godawful. That and nostalgia. It wasn't an overall mistake since it got a lot of positive press and all but I wish they hadn't made Mania and just ported the Taxman ports to consoles and Steam.

In America. Sonic is Ezio.

youtube.com/watch?v=KvV6l7Zv2g0

In Japan. Sonic is an Idol.

youtube.com/watch?v=z_4N-cPfnLA

Fucking bizarre.

I would've liked both. There's nothing wrong with both

but the design wasn't awful to me though

these weird arguments like the lack of "coherency" in studiopolis and titanic monarch are something i'm just not seeing (Titanic Monarch's real issue is that it drags), the levels are large like sonic 3's and then some, and they flow very well without trapping you continually like some of the levels in CD do.

Maybe you guys see something I don't but the level design is the least problematic thing to me.

Do you think Lake is jealous of Sonic Mania?

Plus, it's all in a matter of lacking better voice directions during those time.

Don't use other people's legitimate criticisms with a game they still like as a jumping off point for your shitposting.

He added the drop dash in.

>Different opinions are shitposting

I kind of want to see Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, Press Garden, or Titanic Monarch appear in Sonic Forces

That's not saying a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing some form of TM.

I have issues with Mania too. Go bait elsewhere.

>DX
What?

So far it looks like there are 3 thing that happen in the City: Modern Sonic's stage (City Heights), OC Stage (Park Avenue), and judging by the scenery in the screenshots, the Metal Sonic boss battle. Think there might be more acts in the City like how Colors had a bunch of acts per zone or do you think that's all we're getting?

It's possible the Death Egg Robots destroying the city are related to the Titanic Monarch

I'm not sure Roger Craig Smith knows how to voice Sonic when he's anything other than uninterested, bored, annoyed, or snarky. It's not his fault since that's the way Sonic has been written for 7 years but I hope he sounds a little less stilted as the game goes on

Dix

Given how short the stages are so far, I wouldn't be surprised if some characters had more than 1 act per zone.

>Salmy
I dunno, looking kinda Samy to me.

Cute

So, Blaze gave her ass to Silver?

I'm in a Sonic mood so I'll do a few sketches if anyone is interested. Here's one from the last thread as an example.

Why can't Eggman top himself?

Oh, I requested that pic!

Draw Amy & Sally being friendly

I don't get it, what was his plan?

Draw a sleepy Shadow.

He probably crash-landed in Mushroom Hill and was trying to get a radio signal as to where his Death Egg was

xD

Does anybody have an emerald location guide for Mania? Or like a way I can farm for emerald? Also, does Taiils have a separate story mode from Sonic or is that only Knuckles?

So will people get all autistic and beg for another Avatar maker like they do for the chao garden?

As someone who never had much encouragement during historia childhood, this means a lot.

>tfw /m/ fag, but also /sthg/ poster

Am I an Eggman? Is that what I am?

>Does anybody have an emerald location guide for Mania? Or like a way I can farm for emerald?
Once you finish the game without all the emeralds, you can jump back into any zone and farm it. Just need to quit out of the zone after each attempt.

>Also, does Taiils have a separate story mode from Sonic or is that only Knuckles?
I believe only Knuckles has a separate story.

Do drawfags here only draw cute things?

>failing the Double Boost QTE
youtu.be/j5KOZ5QO-lE?t=32

I actually laughed at that.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTRBnyx7TLo&t=0s
there are 73 days left until Sonic Forces releases in the US. Yes that's correct, seventy three (seh-ven-tee three) days.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

I personally don't draw lewd because I don't find any of the characters attractive. I don't draw gore/maximum edge because I'm agoraphobic

They won't have to beg because Sega'll probably shove it into every game now.

Do you have a master plan?

Wow it's nothing. If it doesn't play Fist Bump it's an improvement.

Shadow has never struck me as a teen

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever done.

youtube.com/watch?v=FoLxsEjohLw

youtube.com/watch?v=5G3efmmyfqM

Same

Same

I don't get it

Pffffhahahaha

Let me tell you just how fucking stupid you are for getting literally every detail wrong.
Those are not the correct clothes at all, the fusion is forced to where some kind of vest and pants. Eye color does not get split. Also, they actually failed to do the Fusion right, messing up at all results in either it being slow and fat, or old and skinny.
This isn't even nitpicking, you got everything wrong, even a child could tell you.
You could try again, this time with those earrings that fuse people, permanently.

youtu.be/kSPh8C0ZkYA

>Amy's tummy
unf

It was a request I took a few threads back

ESS
TEE
AECH
GEE

YOUR TIME IS LEFT IS LITTLE

Ah I see.
It's good art

I can't believe someone actually did it.

This one came out a but crappier. But it's something.

I love these

user the person who made that pic doesn't even come here.

Why thank you, user!

Was it DeviantArt? That would explain why they fucked up so badly.

Same here. He looks like he could be way older than Sonic (physically, not just chronologically) rather than the same age.

Calm your autism

No. It was just a throwaway joke pic drawloverlala made.

Calm your autism.

Yeah seriously. I've never witnessed a live "reeing" before

I can't wait for #900

Sorry for the deletion. I realized I forgot Amy's bangs. Here is the new one.

Is anyone else bothered by how un-animated things like that freefall section and the whip attacks are?

>No Shadow general

Y'all retarded?