Anyone here that owns/used to own an old 911?

Anyone here that owns/used to own an old 911?

Thinking about buying one (around 20k euro moneys) for use in the weekend but I wonder how big a drain they are on maintenance.

I read everywhere that they are surprisingly highly reliable because of the construction and maintenance done by previous owners(if done correctly etc.)

Other urls found in this thread:

hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/images/media/267480/1989-chevrolet-corvette-z51-vs-porsche-911-archived-comparison-test-car-and-driver-photo-525761-s-original.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,center&resize=900:*
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get a c4 corvette

Yep, if maintained right they are reliable AND daily drivable. Of course they have the same old car stuff as all old cars do, you can´t escape time. On the bright side parts are available with knowledge about the cars. Think 911s as fast as hell VW Beetles.

too big my man, but cool

Nice, there is a garage specialized in Porsches as well 5 minutes away so I might just go for it

Porsche are reliable but you will pay twice as much as a typical car for regular maintenance stuff, I.e. oil changes, brake work, exhaust work, etc.

too lazy to save image, accept it

hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/images/media/267480/1989-chevrolet-corvette-z51-vs-porsche-911-archived-comparison-test-car-and-driver-photo-525761-s-original.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,center&resize=900:*

20k for a pre 996 911?? damn nigga

you better learn how to work on it yourself if you can't afford the to pay someone else to do the work because that shit is expensive.

its this one, not best condition but ok

import from america

Good luck getting one in yuroland. If he were here in burgertopia maybe.

actually this one is for sale for only € 4.995,00 on the other side of the country

>targa
>those head lights

ewwwww. no wonder ts cheap its one of the least desirable 911s you can get.

>slant nose
>least desirable

nigga you dumb

>maybe I should enlarge the pic before I post dumb shit
>my apologies

wow you're dumber than I thought

this is a slant nose you fucking retard

>wow you're dumber than I thought
>this is a slant nose you fucking retard
see
Now please obey the rules and stop posting before you turn 18

shut up cunt

Overpriced due to hipsterish demand.

If you want a classic and you are willing to spend $25k you can get so much better stuff.

Like what

>hipsterish demand

the hipster doesnt mean shit anymore. its as useless as the word Nazi. People like 911s especially aircooled ones. but people buying clapped out targa 911s that are riddled wth problems are idiots not hipsters.

ive never owned one but i used to be a mechanic and worked on a few 80s 911. theyre not that bad to work on but rubber parts like belts etc tended to crack and wear because the car was driven 1000km 4 months of the year

they have some stupid stuff like 2 different drains for the engine oil etc that gets taking used to but the leather seats are comfy af especially if theyre broken in

this one better then jesus christ

but this one has been standing still for the last 15 years

>look mummy I called someone cunt on the interwebs, am I bigboy now?

>standing still for the last 15 years

yeah you're going to spend at least $5k replacing everything that needs replacing.

You can buy a run down bottom of the barrel Porsche of your can get a mint 240z for that same money.

Of course brandwise, not the same tier, but with the 240z you have solid metal and enough cash leftover to put in some upgrades too. With the Porsche you have bondo and rust.

Also 240z will continue to appreciate, whereas the Porsches have reached a ceiling.

My neighbor had one that was a work in progress that he recently finished, looks almost exactly like your picture. Got to drive it once, its a blast to drive but the reconstruction took a long ass time.

>but the reconstruction took a long ass time.

Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient.

What website are you browsing them on. 20k is pocket change for a 911 from the 80s. I cant find any worth looking at for less than 30 grand.

I too want to get one and make it to be my forever car.

autoscout24.nl

(dutchfag)

Overall, I'd say they are more reliable than the average car of that age, since it is likely to have been well maintained and low number of owners.

>wants a Porsche for $20k
>doesn't realize that you'll end up spending $10k-$15k getting it back on the road and properly running.

unless you work on the car all by yourself. you really aren't saving any money by buying a cheap shitty 911

Nothing you said was correct. Gi

lol the porsches have definitely not reached a ceiling.

I miss when 930s where affordable and people actually drove and tracked them.

>how big a drain they are on maintenance
I can say one thing about 1980s Porsches after wrenching on them:
They are designed in a verry unique autistic way, even by german standards.
You will see things like a electrohydraulic AC controll, overly complex designes in everything and underestimated top-speeds.
I have seen stock Porsches go up to 50 km/h faster than advertised and running in the redline there.

there's a reason they're not air-cooled anymore: they're shit.

I dont know where you live but where I live (in Connecticut) people most definetly still drive them during the spring summer as well as track them @ Lime Rock Park.

Most of these dudes tracking them bought them when they were still cheap and don't give a flying fuck about their "appreciating" price. They just enjoy em while flogging the shit of em.

You can make it reliable if you use a proper engine.

I'd give my left nut to have bought one back then so I could be doing the same.

>LS
>proper engine
Pick one

This makes me physically ill

The 240 is a niche classic, it'll accumulate value, but nowhere as close as a classic 911, which haven't reached any kind of ceiling in price.

Imagine this catching fire after the fans fail, good, now you know how the 2019 Corvette will perform.

>slantnose

I like the LS but what the actual fuck convinced someone to do this

>I have a valuable 911 with a distinctive air-cooled flat six engine, giving me a lower center of gravity and a defining sound
>HURR DURR MUH TORKS
>HURRRRRNO RELPACEMNT FOR DISPLCMNET
>VEEE EIGHHT FOR LIFE

americans are very dumb people

Porsche is more expensive in maintenance and I wouldn't get one for your dd was more then 10k per year

maar gewoon doen, fuck it. ik krijg een kind anders had ik ook een 2de sport auto gekocht. Ben nu een oude V70 aan het opknappen

>chrome
if you're getting a 911 it better be a late SC or newer with the matte black details, such as door handles and rings around the headlights