/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 27th of August:
1793 – French Revolutionary Wars: The city of Toulon revolts against the French Republic and admits the British and Spanish fleets to seize its port, leading to the Siege of Toulon by French Revolutionary forces.
1798 – Wolfe Tone's United Irish and French forces clash with the British Army in the Battle of Castlebar, part of the Irish Rebellion of 1798, resulting in the creation of the French puppet Republic of Connacht.
1810 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port on Île de France.
1813 – Napoleon I defeats a larger force of Austrians, Russians, and Prussians at the Battle of Dresden.
1828 – Uruguay is formally proclaimed independent at peace talks brokered by the UK between Brazil and Argentina during the Cisplatine War.

# News
CK2 DD 21/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1040523
EU4 DD 22/08
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1040675

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Where did Daily Autism poster go lads?

.gnitsoptihs erongi dna troper ot rednimeR

War effort's going pretty good. The Eastern Emperor, after calling me to three or so of his wars against his vassals, is finally called in to help me.

How can a dude with this many green traits be a tyrant?

What mod is this? Are you trying to restore the Roman Empire to it's full extent?

You should seduce his wife.

When the World Stopped Making Sense.
Originally, I just planned on forming a comfy Gallic kingdom, but in true roleplaying and historical fashion, it makes a lot more sense to just declare war for the West.

Can you seduce your half-sister? I would if I could.

One handed makes them act like cunts. Paradox actually got torn to shit because people said it was disabilityphobic.

What are the odds this can happen?

I believe you can seduce half sisters, not real ones though.
I hope rapemod addresses this critical failure in gameplay mechanics.
Paradox """"""""""""""""""balance""""""""""""""""""
Imagine being so Swedish you blatantly lie about history to virtue signal.

Why aren't you spending your milimana? Especially in the age of absolutism. Strengthen government, me lad.

very shite

Anyone got any advice or tips for playing as Hesse

is this white and/or based?

not my screenshot unfortunately. It was from a discussion about how instituitions spawned like enlightenment appearing in a province of 10 development, with a nation of only one university

PROVE

ME

WRONG

Hey, I haven't been here in a while but what happened to the infopic?

Oh wow, Romulus Augustulus got a happy ending

It's dead jim

My game crashed, by the way, hence why this screenshot is a year behind the most previous one I posted

What happened to that autistic guy who used to spam it every thread?

He's dead, too
We're all dead
Life is a lie and the universe is a hologram

Why?
It was useful. Also I remember seeing it like... two threads ago?

ree

Can you post the HPM map?

HPM WHERE ARE YOU?

Huh. Kinda feels weird posting in /gsg/ without the infopic.
Guess I'll just go back to where I came from.

The previous thread had it, but it got deleted
Same for another recent thread within the last hour, but that got deleted

What reason would it have to be deleted?
Wait, it wasn't a duplicate, was it? Was that autistic nigger spamming duplicates because he couldn't bear to lose the OP again?

No, they werent duplicates. See earlier in this post.

Huh, but they were made after this one. That sort of seems like a duplicate.

Yes.

And there we have it. All hail Gothicus Francicus Flavius Afranius Augustus.

Why did you never make me that Cog/rifle/quill DPRK flag?

T*rks BTFO

I only recently finished the Sufi Italy flag the other guy requested earlier that day, I've barely had time to make flags since. Plus you said you may not even end up using it.

le chad meme lol

Nobody uses your flags. Infact, the last time they did was me, when I used your Habsburg Germaniums flag, and I only used that so people would stop calling me a Prussipro.

I HAVE to tweet this, lol

That Georgia

White and based. Time to retake the Alps and the Rhine region next?

If I click this button, when he dies, will those all become my vassals again? Or am I misreading this

>I hope rapemod addresses this critical failure in gameplay mechanics.
Outside of scope. You can rape her, though, and maybe she'll like it. That's a big if, though.

That's how viceroyalties work, on the holder's death, the title goes back to the liege.
Though now you have me wonder what happens if you hand a duchy viceroyalty to a duke who already has a hereditary duchy.

I meant the "Include lower titles" button.

Next on the list is Burgundia. Then I'm going to live up to my name and oust the Franks and Goths from the Rhine and Hispania.

When he dies you get the viceroyalty back and can decide who you want to grant it to.

TBVQH, I was just trying to bump the thread so R&I didn't win, but it's nice to know you will not simply toggle a single parameter to make the game more realistic.

So, I think Bankruptcy might be the best option. A bad five years in exchange for clearing this massive debt.

His heir inherits the feudal (inheritable) duchy but loses the viceroyalty.

It would be extremely hierarchical.

what did i do to deserve this ;_:

boutiful

>not simply toggle a single parameter to make the game more realistic
Do it yourself m8. Should be extremely simple.
I will, as much as possible, try to avoid messing with vanilla or other mod mechanics to preserve compatibility.

>I will, as much as possible, try to avoid messing with vanilla or other mod mechanics to preserve compatibility.
Imagine being this much of a faggot.

I've been misquoted 3 times today. Fuck off and stop giving me false (you)s.

To expand on the other answer just a bit, Viceroys cannot hand out viceroyalty titles. So you don't need to worry about viceroy dukes with a viceroy king.

suhweet

rate my work in progress mod lads. Only Europe is done so far

ROB(ultrakrill)

i know you're here, I know you're reading this. I miss you, come back. join the chat.

yours forever,

your equal

What the fuck are you doing?

elaborate

split occitania and provence + savoie + piedmont + liguria

le pink wojak lol

great job

For you

detail on these cuntries lad

Write-up is on the way. Some should be obvious though(Savoy, Burgundy, Celtic Union, etc...)

Damn You're awful at painting maps
Also, this is the latest HPM map

white

I think he's doing it for a meme. Either that or he's one of those butthurt anti-german shitters from Veeky Forums.

>that theodoro
>that Wallachia
>that Teutonic Order
>Polotsk
What's with this campaign and irrelevant countries growing big?

>irrelevant
wow rude

what

>haven't played any GSG since getting burned on Stellaris and HoI4
>Suddenly get the urge to play America HPM and roleplay as world police
>Remember the 60 years of industrialization and teching up you need to do before doing anything fun

How do I have fun playing gsg's again?

Stellaris and HOI4 are not gsgs tho

Play EU4 if your definition of fun is to blob, CK2 for everything else

Roleplay as a ck2 character, 1066 Poland is really comfy.
If you somehow get bored, download some loverslab mods.

yeah that was the problem
ck2 sounds comfy, although it'll take ages pirating all the dlc

Download everything at once using a torrent, shouldn't be more than 2.5/2.6 gb

dude just go to cs.rin.ru

(you)

Alright lads, r8 this shitty plan.
As I have 2 million manpower reserves and I'm not using them on roads, forts, or irrigation shit, I'm planning the greatest raid in the history of the world
Green circles are client states; all are stable and will spit out 20k armies if not more once war's declared.
First I march through a crowned republic Turkish Empire and a growing Cilicia I spit out a while ago that's recently been taking small amounts of land from the Turks. Both have no alliances; cakewalk
Then I move through a Persia-Banu Rassi Alliance. Both have ten levels of Mil tech below me, so my main problem here should be attrition in the deserts.
Then I move through Delhi and Gujarat. Them and a small Indian minor are allied to one another, and Delhi's the third highest army and reserves behind me and China. However, they are 12 tech behind me, so I should be able to push through.
Then I move to to the rest of India; they are not really united with only Vijayanagar having the strength to put up a fight, however one sided it might be.
Hantawaddy is my last country on the list not a tributary of China. Again, their Jungles will be the worst I'll encounter there.
Then it's on to China. Their max manpower reserves are 200k below mine, and they currently sit at 388k reserves to my 2065k. However, they do have 400k troops, and I sit at 100k. Their mil tech is only a 4 levels behind mine.
The goal will be a slow push, and eventually occupying every last Chinese province; their capital has 205 urban pop, 40 above Rome. If I capture it and kill off 400,000 souls, Rome will be the biggest city in the world.
I'll end with a trip to Korea as they are fat and developed like China.
All in all, I'll end up looting the Middle East, Iran, Eastern Anatolia, Pakistan, India, Burma, China, and Korea. If my wars occupying the rest of Europ has taught me anything, I could end up looting 100k easy.
R8 M8s

tl;dr

he's going to sack all of asia

You're not conquering, just plundering? Seems fine to me.

A modern Alexander. Do it.

Is GS the whitest, malest genre? Is there even a single woman or girl that has even heard of it yet alone played a game? Even EU4, casual as it is?

The reconquest begins with Burgundy.

that's a nice persia
t. persiaanon

find me a whiter men

america is fighting mexico and civil war just kicked off. interested to see if the CSA can win

glorious reformation

real quick, before I begin, should I add another army (13k infantry, 2k cavalry, 5k artillery)
The extra army will help but I've been rocking 5 for the nice even 100k in armed forces. It will speed up the wars but will also speed up my manpower drain
gonna loot like I'm a Mongol user
It probably helped them I fucked up the Ottos every chance I got. (They're getting fucked my Cilicia and are a crowned republic). The Turks never got the Baghdad
I also feel bad for the hurt I'm gonna bring down on the Persians

white men

is this based?

no

If the US can't get Texas than the whole thing is pretty but screwed from the start. CSA will definitely win.