Is this the 3k civic of sports cars?

>190bhp from a NA 1.8
>25mpg
>decent handling
>seats 4 in comfort
>large cargo space
>cheap as fuck used

Basically a used GT86 with fwd. Poorfags of Veeky Forums, what is your excuse for driving a shitbox and not one of these?

Always wanted a ST185 alltrac

Too bad they look like shit

I'd rather have a Corolla XRS desu

Would have been excellent in rwd

A civic is more of a sports car than a celica

>F W D

you said it yourself

These are shitboxes. Honestly Civics are better as performers and shitboxes.

Seats 4 in comfort? fuck man the rear seats are laughable, this bitch doesnt even seat 2 in comfort, the doors are high as fuck because you sit so low to the ground you look like a spastic trying to rest your arm on it. They are also dissappointingly slow and feel really cheap and tacky.

>muh RWD
fuck i hate Americans

The cheap ones are the GT models with 140HP, the same engine as the MR2 and Corolla. The 180HP ones are the GTS model, but those go for much higher prices. Manual versions are relatively hard to find for the GTS model as most people just opted for the GTS with paddleshift 4 speed auto

Maybe the Type R or Si models, but your run of the mill civic are not without serious modification. Besides, Honda's equivalent rival to the Celica is the Acura RSX/Honda Integra 2nd gen and not the civic

Do you actually think a celica is a sports car?

Boy I beat a Celica GTS from a highway pull and I have a 2001 V6 Mustang
They’re fucking gookshit wannabe sports cars
The fact that even my shitbox dusted it and it even being one of the top tier models proves I’m right

im not even American and all my life ive owned almost only 4x4 and RWD Toyotas like Supra, Crown, etc. nearly everything like Celica and Corolla got shittier for performance when Toyota took them off of RWD.

sports car and FWD basically never go together, only FWD car ive driven that i actually enjoyed was a 3rd gen Prelude

they're alright looking, handle well and the the 2zz-ge is a fairly decent engine as well if you get the gts version but all things considered you're better off with an rsx

i30 is probably the best "sporty 3k civic" car someone could get for cheap. Decent mileage, durability and can seat 4. Interior is not that bad if it hasn't been abused. Engine has potential.

Civics and Integra are better in every single way shape and form sorry bud

was the prelude an AWS model?

no the civic with a couple of aftermarket parts is the 3k civic of sports cars wtf

Integra > Prelude

theyre p kool desu, the whatever its called bodykit looks ugly tho change that shit to a lower spec or aftermarket

Integra>FTO>Celica>Prelude>Mazda mx6

Where does the probe gt v6 fit in? V6 mazda engine, mx6 platform, more rigid handling

>seats 4 in comfort
You've clearly never been in one. The back is atrocious for anyone over 5'8", and the front seats are stiff and unbearable. The whole of the interior is made of uncomfortable, hard plastic, and visibility is next to non-existent. I've owned one of these, and now own as a project/weekend car, and I could not be happier. 7th gen Celica a shit forever.

I think the 6 speed 2ZZ is kinda underrated.

2500 lbs and a 8.3k redline, its like 90% of a ITR for half the price.

I've always wanted one but ricers in ontario over price the fuck out of them, 5-6k with over 200k kms on it which for that price id rather get an RSX

The probe GT is literally a mx6

There is a lot of suspension and overall handling differences. Not very easy to say its literally an mx6 when it literally only shares a under body.

no the civic si is

>seats 4 in comfort
Absolutely fucking not.

What makes the Integra so good? The fact they come factory with vtec engines and their weight?

Its literally just a rebadged civic si

But the Civic Si have 1.6 engines and Integra have the 1.8? The only major thing I know they share are suspension parts.

the civic si's of the time had 2L engines

Civic EP3 is more practical and has a nicer interior for the same monies. Doesn't come with factory rice.

but you can get a GT-4 for 3k, so why wouldn't you?

*american'ts

1mz camry was cheaper at the time when I was looking for a car and it gets 32 mpg highway and has more torque, still a 5 speed standard

>I want people to think my slow car is fast: the car

Hey Veeky Forums, my dream car actually happens to be a 5th gen Toyota Celica all-trac turbo, but they are rare here in the states. Should u just bite the bullet and import a GT-FOUR? (and deal with right hand drive)

>190bhp 1100kg
>slow

Yes, your point?

Well a good condition All Trac costs around 9-10k and an imported GT Four costs around the same or slightly more after import fees and taxes, I'd say go for it if you really want that classic Toyota rally aesthetic

Any VTEC Civic is faster than a 9th gen Celica, doesn't even need to be an Si, let alone an R.

>any Vtec civic
Okay, lets go with an EX trim 7th gen civic which came out around the time of the 7th(last gen) Celica
I have doubts that a 127hp vtec civic that weighs 2400lb (assuming coupe) can beat a 180hp GTS that weights 2500lb
An Si and Type R can potentially outpace the Celica GTS though, but a regular run of the mill civic? Not exactly, not without putting in mod work

I will say that an EX coupe civic can potentially outpace the Celica GT which has 40 less HP than the GTS and weights 100lb more than a civic coupe of the time period

Fact of the matter is that you can get a Celica GTS 6 speed for much cheaper than you can get a Civic type R/Si or Acura RSX Type-S on the used market and they all perform around the same.

so there is no reason not to rice ?

First car (and current daily) is a Celica. Yeah it looks ricey at but, it's been a great car, has never left me stranded, minimal maintenance, 5sp. I tear up our local touge too, chuckanut drive if anyone knows where that is, on the straights it's slow but it handles like a champ. I manned up and bought an s13 though so that's my current project but the Celica is an awesome daily.

I love my Celica, it's gotten me through delivering pizza and having a blast at autocross. I was really surprised when I would keep up and sometimes beat VW Golfs, Mazdaspeed3s, Focus STs when it comes to autocrossing.

Although, it really sucks to work on this car sometimes because all the important stuff like the belt accessories in the engine are super tight and the belt tensioner bolts on these are known to easily strip .

I got a short ram intake (inb4 hot air intake) and a greddy exhaust i got for cheap. I love the sound it makes when it hits lift.

I've been thinking about getting a cat back for mine, it's not too raspy in your option is it?

If you put it that way, then the MX6 is superior in that regard.

But yes its basically an MX6

based

You beat a 1.8L 4 cylinder that reaches peak hp at 8k revs in a car with a much higher displacement, on a highway pull of all things? Say it ain't so!

Please submit yourself for voluntary chemical castration, Jesus christ.

I have a 2004 Celica GT auto. I like the car, but it is slow as fuck in this configuration. Does have good handling for a FWD, though. I just got it because I got a great deal on it and it was in good shape.

Did celica driver knew that you are Racing with him?

Yeah user, did he, also what gen Celica was it?

EP3's are garbage unless Type R which we never got in the U.S.. It finished last place in comparisons all the time back in the day.

I'm old enough that these cars were around new when I was a teenager, I can tell you that EK and EM Civic EX's didn't beat Celica GT's, let alone a GT-S's.

You're discounting the Celica's extra 40lb-ft of torque too much, the Celica is quicker off the line and the Civic was down 13hp so it never caught up.

Except that the Probe handles better, the Mazda has the softer suspension setup. Do some research retard.