It's TOO MUCH

It's TOO MUCH.

It's like driving around a RadioShack window display!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DdJXh1ffs8g&app=desktop
autoweek.nl/video/klokje-rond-bmw-330d-997311-km/
express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hate the damn touchscreens.
You can at least press buttons blindly just by memory to change settings and shit, but touchscreen actually requires you to look at it to slam your finger at the spot you want to.

ew

>Cars in the early to mid 2000s
>Luxury means using great, soft materials, good sheet metal, and give the car an overall solid feel

>Cars in 2018
>MUH INTERIOR LIGHTING
>MUH TOUCHSCREEN
>MUH AUTOPILOT
>MUH LATEST TECH THAT WILL BE OBSOLETE IN 1 MODEL YEAR

The meaning of Luxury is unfortunately lost due to the sheer stupidity of people in the age of social media. I can't stand this decade anymore, it's a fucking cancer.

>There are people who genuinely think that this eye-cancer garbage without physical buttons is better than the new LS.

I want Peugeot to step the fuck up and make a big affordable comfybarge again. Their recent interiors have been pure kino.

Hot

True.
I am looking to buy a new car, waiting for the new 208 to drop to see if that'll be worth or not.

co has this and ive driven it a couple hundred kms. its good stuff

LS interior is gorgeous.
Never thought I would see pure art from the "sensible" luxury brand.

I hate how that little row of plastic buttons looks like it could've been ripped from just about any shitbox-tier Toyota.

Nice jetta

That interior is kino but it fucking SUCKS in use.
>want to increase the temperature
>press one of seven completely identical buttons with poorly visible labels
>wait 3 seconds for the touchscreen to display AC controls
>claw at the touchscreen several times
>oh btw this hid the map, must press one of seven buttons again
That's like 10 seconds with your eyes off the road every fucking time.
Meanwhile on my old car
>reach down and find the temperature knob by touch
>rotate knob a few clicks left or right

Knobs are objectively the best method of AC control, followed by sliders. + and - buttons are a distant third.

this will be look back on as embarrassingly gaudy in a few years

Reminds me of TNG for some reason.

Take one 0 away and it looks better.

This the new 508?
Looks pretty good.

Even Hyundai makes cars with nice interior now

damn son that's sexy

I think Lincoln is doing good in the name of luxury over the last couple of years.

Everything is dull and looks like plastic. Even the leather.

That's because it's not a dramatized and edited bullshot

>be me
>driving my 2025 C-class
>want to skip the song playing
>reach for touch screen
>hit manhole cover
>accidentally turn volume to max
>NIGHT OF FIRE!
>tail breaks lose despite being front wheel drive
>traction control does nothing thanks to a female programmer
>steering locked because auto pilot thinks i'm changing lanes incorrectly
>drive off cliff
>die

It can be done elegantly. Companies like VW just aren't really trying.

>MUH LATEST TECH THAT WILL BE OBSOLETE IN 1 MODEL YEAR

What's even funnier is that all that shit is cheap to mass-manufacture once it's developed, so it's finding its way into cheaper and cheaper cars.

So not only will that expensive BMW's gadgetry be obsolete almost immediately, it'll be outclassed by the standard equipment in a Corolla shortly after that.

>The meaning of Luxury is unfortunately lost due to the sheer stupidity of people in the age of social media.
Indeed. The reality is that at a given price point, most consumers would choose a poorly-built unreliable car with fancy technology over a well-made car with basic features.

That's always the case though.
The rich pay for progress that eventually trickle down.
Not to be confused with trickle down economics.

Does that car come with a butt plug or do you still need your own to drive an Audi. BMW and Mercedes install it right in the showroom before you drive off.

Why are we abandoned luxury as high quality materials anyway? I dont get it. I mean can we atleast have both?

interior lighting is pretty great, git gud ya homo

This. Manual controls ftw.

The problem is that it's always been this way, this is how postwar cars have worked. Especially in America.

Remember, a radio was once a luxury item in a car. AC was once a luxury in a car.

In the 80's and 90's Euros were fascinated by the fact that in the US cars came with Central locking and AC standard. that even a truck came with those, and theyw eren't reserved for higher trims or marques.

but the issue is since the turn of the century, technology has grown exponentially, and in ways that dont really mesh with cars. Car tech hit a dead end, because after all cars come standard with radios and CD players and MP3 connectivity, once all the general forms of entertainment and accessories that you can put in a car are in a car, where do you go from there in terms of luxury, when people expect the hottest newest tech?

easy, you go for visual appeal and fancy flashing lights. and that means moving away from buttons and knobs, ("that is SO 1950's!") and making everything a sleek touchscreen interface out of star trek. That means adding voice recognition.

you see where I'm going with this. tech in cars has always been a thing luxury did. the difference is, that back then, there was less tech to put in a car, so cars still focused on the quality of everything else. (the materials, the construction, etc) but these days, in part because of cost and in part because of regulations, actual quality is irrelevant, and badgewhoring is the only thing that really separates something like a mercedes benz from any other car out there.

Either they do that, or they stagnate so bad that they become irrelevant, like Lincoln and Cadillac.

the e39, will forever be the last word in Automobile.

Don't be dumb, BMW interiors were never high quality

It doesn't suck as much because of it being based around a touchscreen piece of shit, but it sucks a lot in a very different, french way of making you feel miserable.

Like, you have all that fancy digital stuff in your car. Of course there are parking sensors, of course they're connected to your head unit which is running linux by the way.
You cannot, for the love of god, turn the parking sensor volume down or disable the sound alerts completely. Dealershit cannot do it as well.

Or there's a stupid simple mist function on wipers. How do you fuck it up?
Easy - you put the rain sensor switch on the same switch. Pull it down - wipers work once and rain sensor is enabled. Pull it again - and rain sensor is disabled and nothing happens.
Then you go and read the manual and learn, that mist is activated by briefly pulling the switch towards yourself. The thing you do when you want to wash the windshield. Incidentally, if you keep it pulled longer, it will act as it's supposed to do and wash.
Of course dealershit cannot do anything about it.

Then there's active cruise control - which is awfully nice to have, but comes with a completely unnecessary speed limit sign recognition. No one forces you to use it, but the thing is - speed limit recognition overwrites the cruise control memory preset function. So you will either have no active cruise control, or your car won't be able to remember speed presets.
Dealership, guess what they said.

There are two versions of a head unit, both with absolutely identical hardware - one has navigation, and the other does not. GPS is present anyway.
The one with navigation is capable of playing flac. The other one is capable of playing flac saved as .mp3 or .ogg or whatever other extension it supports, but not the actual one.
Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
And you can't even upgrade it, because read above.

And so on.

I don´t want heavy, arge electronic stuffed cars.
A simple radio, a heater and a 12v plug are enough options for me.
Make the dash out of plastic or even leave bare metal, I don´t need that fake leather/alcantara.
Doesn´t even need that much power, 100-150 hp are totaly ok, just make it small and lightweight.
There is no need for ESP, ABS and power steering, just give me ventilated disc brakes and and manual steering.
I don´t want fancy AWD traction controll, a MR drivetrain with a LSD and independent rear suspension is enough.
Don´t waste money on a fancy turbocharged engine with overly complicated direct injection system, a port injected DOHC I-4 is just fine, ITBS would be nice.
The transmission does not have to be fancy eiter, give me 4-5 gears spaced closely and one extra long for cruising.
No need for airbags, a 5-point harness is better anyway.
Maybe give it pop-up headlights, they are not illegal after all and take some design inspiration from pic related.

Never forget your roots.

Even a 400k mile e39 interior still has high quality.

that thing is a fucking death trap

Sure since every component of the car had to be rebuilt/replaced 3 times over.

No, a 5-point harness keeps you in the seat, no matter what.

Does this matter?

Not the interior though.
I’ve sat in a ex german taxi 1997 525tds with 998.000km and the interior still felt solid.

Why would you go on the internet and tell lies?

I like this

Not a big fan but it is still infinitely better than the barrage of matte black and silver plastic found in shitboxes like

Well i’ve sat in and driven several E39’s, both low mileage and ultra high mileage.
You, however, read on the internet that bmw is shit therefore (You) must be right, right?

The Genesis uses aluminum, not silver plastic

Every single high mileage BMW I've driven has been falling apart, the interiors and the mechanicals. They're fucking shitboxes

Nothing falling apart on my 610k mile BMW, especially interior wise.
You’ve probably only driven a E36

Where the fuck do you go mate?

seems totally legit

it’s europe. we actually drive our cars here.
driving 50k miles per year is nothing unusual

related
youtube.com/watch?v=DdJXh1ffs8g&app=desktop

another “millionaire” bmw
autoweek.nl/video/klokje-rond-bmw-330d-997311-km/

Fake and gay. BMWs are shit and everyone knows it.

spotted the true gay

Threadly reminder by buying PSA cars you're sponsoring state-mandated cuckery and rapefugee intake.
express.co.uk/news/world/750123/peugeot-car-plant-closed-muslim-prayer-breaks-workers-took-too-many-claims-official
In france, until 2 years ago, you couldn't own bikes with more than 100 hp top fucking kek.
In france, men cannot order a paternity test because the law sees peace in the family as more important than the father knowing whether the kids are his or not. Trying to get a test done, even via a laboratory in another country, will lead to a 10 year jail sentence.

Neither the one in your pic, you can still see how they use shiny black plastic for huge part of the dashboard, is disgusting and cheap. Also where is the fucking volume knob, where are the fucking buttons?

>gorgeous
If you’re a gook

Damn. Now I also want a big Nazi sedan to go with my Nazi wagon.

Japanese luxury car

>Sensible design: Omotenashi Japanese Hospitality
>Physical buttons
>Volume knob
>Variety of really nice materials: Wood, Solid Metal, Leather, Sculpted Glass, Alcantara, etc.
>Handcrafted by Takumi

European "luxury"

>Lets COVER 80% of the dash with SHINY BLACK PIANO PLASTIC LOL
>Lets kill all buttons and knobs and make everything work from a shitty tablet interface.
>Will fall apart and break after 1 year

True, but historically that process has taken a lot longer. By the time those new features made it into regular cars, the early adopters would have moved on to the next thing.

It's gotten too easy to fake it- you can get nice-looking materials in nearly anything now. Automakers have to walk a very fine line between luxurious and overdone/tacky when trying to make distinctive interiors.

>that fucking interior

WHY

Hahahaha.....Interior looks like I'm watching Tron

>tfw even luxury cars have shit leather
>tfw any new gimmick luxury that ends up being worthy will trickle down into lower cars anyway

There's no real "progress" though. The screens are cheap chinese shit from aliexpress (so is the lighting) and the interface is shit. It's better to just have phone holder in the middle, then you can install an app that corresponds to your car and control everything from your phone.

This.

It's like Japan, Lexus specifically, spent 30 years perfecting their manufacturing and assembly techniques and finally just now feel comfortable enough to start playing with materials, textures and styles.

Meanwhile YUROP is literally just going after the Saudi prince market.

This

Plastic is lighter. Every ounce counts.

Unfortunately, that means that manufacturers take lightness and mpgs over having parts that feel good to use.

>manufacturers take lightness and mpgs over having parts that feel good
Lol, nope, todays Golf weights more than a Skyline R33 GT-R, wich was called pigfat at the time, and has a less efficient engine than the Lupo 3L.

They know their market well. Huwhite old money.

I can already feel my eyes burning from all the lights at night.

>ywn own a factory fresh e39 m5 with the new car smell

Why even live?

Kia is the GOAT

Aight, I've been posting this one here for a while now. It's fucking ace. And the 3008 was given quite good reviews and was even car of the year.
4wd might come out as well

Anything you would need to adjust while driving can be done with the steering wheel controls.

>once all the general forms of entertainment and accessories that you can put in a car are in a car, where do you go from there in terms of luxury, when people expect the hottest newest tech?
Umbrellas built into the door frame.

so poooooooör

Truly godly

>no analog gauges

Actually, car electronics are always obsolete. They're the first thing finalized in a car design, and therefore years behind launch date.

>we love lights, neons, digital gauges, pure 80s aesthetics! so futuristic!
>*every manufacturer does this to new cars*
>reeeeeee I don't like this shit! bring back fake wood trim! and no, I'm not a hipster!
this is not autism anymore, this is pure potato salad

>You can randomly slam your hand onto a 1 inch square when it's physical
>You can't when it's glowing.
If you miss those big ass retard-friendly buttons, you're retarded and shouldn't be driving a car.

Where si the gear lever?

>ywno an E39 M5

could have stopped here mate :'(

I loved that my BRZ didn't have buttons on the steering wheel.

>6 inches away from the wheel there is a volume button
>the fuck you need a volume button on the wheel for anyway?

>american taste

Piano black trim is an option you autists. Range Rover offers 4-5 different trims of wood for the same price. Christ.

So you don't have to take your hands off the wheel?

actually a radioshack display interior would be either a motorcycle or a tesla model 3

As a pilot touchscreens were an absolute mistake. I hope they meme themselves out the door in the next 10 year’s

You don't like glass cockpits? they are so convenient

>adjusting climate control from steering wheel

I get you, but that requires actual quality, and is just not cost effective

appearances user. also functionality.

80's/90's digidashes have a specific look and simplicity to them

also, functionally, they are still analogue, just with a digital readout.

Literally available in a Skoda.

>GOAT interior
>No Manual Shifter

>every ounce counts
And every dollar.