Is having a minivan as a daily driver a bad idea?

Is having a minivan as a daily driver a bad idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIvNLHgqS4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't that the entire purpose of minivans?

millions of moms use it as a DD and don't complain.

It's only a good idea if you buy a brand new Honda or Toyota and VIP the fuck out of it

I don't see why not.
They're not really that fuel efficient, but that would be why I wouldn't dd one

Vip Vans are so fucking baller

yes if you dont want people to think your a pedo

If you have kids or need to transport 4x8 sheets on the reg it's a good idea. If not, Trucks get the same MPG's so you might as well drive one of those.

>Implying
Minivans are uncool now, mothers use crossovers because they are trendy. Women also realised they are too practical, which goes against their collective mantra

chrysler pacifica is the GOAT

pacifica a shit
caravan will never die

I drive a caravan. 200,000 miles now. Does fine. Only issue is cd player decides to stop working here and there, so I have to remove cd and put it back in. A few times.

Aerostar

Sounds like minivans would be perfect for Veeky Forums since Veeky Forums likes what normies would consider uncool and hates crossovers and the women who drive them

there have been minivan threads on Veeky Forums many times in the past few months, so you're basically right

also they are pretty useful vehicles

>can haul shit
>basically a truck without the towing capacity
>rides better than a truck
>way fucking cheaper than a truck
>better gas mileage than a truck
>can seat up to 7
>back seats can be taken out for maximum storage
>better than a crossover in about every way
>some even have AWD
>absolutely practical
It is the perfect 2nd car to have. You can spend less than 3k to get one with no rust and less than 140k miles.

Seconding this. Minivans are fucking great. Anyone who calls them mom cars are failing to realize that crossovers are the real mom cars now.

Minivans always scream "poor Mexican mother who can't see over the dash" to me

>>back seats can be taken out for maximum storage
a buddy of mine asked me to help him bring his new TV home since I still have the beat up old Sienna that I bought off my parents because I didn't want to bother with a rental truck when I moved out
it was a bigass 80" screen and it fit perfectly fine diagonally
it's a fantastic car for when you need it, but I prefer my much newer Civic for a daily

Used to hate minivans until we got a town and country as a rental.

So fuggin comfy and we managed to fit in 6 people plus 3 weeks worth of luggage each.

I got to sample every seat including the captain's chair up front and I really couldn't complain about any of them even though my head touched in the back.

The 1 and only downside to a minivan is having to work on a minivan due to the micro engine bay. No room to get hands and tools in there.

Took 2 hours to change the spark plugs on my Caravan today.

>minivans are uncool now

*blocks your path*

Minivans are GOAT
you can get a brand new Dodge Grand Caravan for like $17k. It's an insane amount of new car for the money, everything else around that price range is all tiny econoboxes

They are surprisingly quick and obviously practical, but my god, I can't deal with the weight and driving feel of them. Only good for freeways.

bruh look at this dood
>youtube.com/watch?v=GIvNLHgqS4k

i used to slam my 03 freestar into corners until i felt like it was gonna tip good times man i miss it

Should I just say fuck it and do a full ms3 swap on the mazda 5

Minivans are the new station wagons. Just stay from *any* GM (Astro may be an exception) or 3.8 Windstar.

been dayling the exact minivan in OP's pic for a few years now (short wheelbase model though)

it's VERY practical and reasonably comfortable, but possibly the most unexciting experience you could have

On my trips to farms nearby I try to have some fun on the tight winding roads, but the steering and body roll mean i almost run off the road if i push it even a little

It is the car I grew up with, starting to show signs of age, but has never had any serious problems in 200K miles.

I've been considering stripping it, slapping a monstrous big block in the back with some turbos and performing an RWD conversion once it really starts causing problems, but i'll likely just scrap it like any reasonable person.

>not a rwd turbine conversion

Yeah I came up on this build when doing research for the project.

Turbine engines are too expensive and have very wobbly throttle control. They would also need a hell of a gearbox.

some dirt cheap motor from an old pickup would work just fine, or anything bigger i can get my hands on

Used to rock a sweet windstar, but currently have a clubwagon with the 5.8, definitely like vans in general.

No need to get new when you can get low used for under 5k.