I know nothing about cars (relevant for my thread and also so that you know that aside from oil changes...

I know nothing about cars (relevant for my thread and also so that you know that aside from oil changes, I won't be able to do any maintenance myself). I also rarely come to Veeky Forums, but I am here because I need your help.

I am in the market for a new car. I have tried to do as much research as I can, but I'm just driving myself crazy and overwhelming myself with options because I don't really know anything about cars, which brands are better than others, etc. So I'm hoping I can give you guys some info and you can give me some suggestions:
>New car, not used
>Budget: ~$40,000
>2 door. Either sport or luxury
>Decent gas mileage and features as this will be my daily driver

I'll stick around to answer questions if you guys need some info, but hopefully that should be good for a few suggestions. Based on that, I'm looking at a BMW 2-series or an Infiniti Q60

>I won't be able to do any maintenance myself
Kys.

Buy an Accord. New one comes with a Civic Type R engine and specced out has more features and a better built interior than entry level luxury cars

Wow. That's harsh, user...

Thanks for the reply, but I'm looking for something a little more either sporty or luxury than an Accord. Also, I really want something with just 2 doors and I don't think they even make a 2 door Accord anymore

You're not getting something more luxurious at that price unless you buy used. No a 3 series or an A4 aren't all that luxurious and their interiors won't last anywhere near as long as an Accord's interior
And why do you need something sporty for a daily driver? So you can feel every bump wearing down your spine? The new Accord can come with the 2L turbo with a 6 speed manual if you'd like and should be able to out accelerate and out handle most generic shitbox crossovers on the road. Hondata even has a sub-$1000 tune for it that boosts its power up to 335 horse power

what do you do for a living? you need a car to fit your image

I'm a doctor

>1-3 year old BMW 4 series coupe, white, the 430i, used one is under $40k

50k mile warranty under the dealership, just bring it in every 10k. otherwise just go to an AAMCO

My doctor is worth $30 million and drives a Toyota Sienna

stop being a faggot and learn. if you're smart enough to be a doctor you're smart enough to learn to wrench on a car. Get a g37 with a manual for like 20k.

If he's a doctor he probably doesn't have the time to wrench, especially if he's just a resident

And OP if you are a resident get a reliable economy car so you can show up every morning before your attending gets there so you can kiss their ass all day

Yep, I see it all the time as well. There's nothing wrong with a Honda or a Toyota; it's just not what I'm looking for. On the other hand, it's not like I'm looking for a Ferrari either. I think a $40k sport/luxury car is perfectly reasonable.

It's not about intelligence, it's about time, interest, and skill. You guys are here because you're passionate about cars. That's great. For me, as I said in the OP, I know basic stuff like changing my own oil and changing a tire, and that's good enough for me. I don't have the time or interest in learning more than that, but I still need a car to drive.

There's still no need to spend 40k or to buy new.

Consider the Lexus ES. I’m not a weeaboo but these days they make much more reliable cars than Germans.

Don't be ghey, an Accord is sporty and luxurious enough, and it tells people who know better that you have your priorities straight
Meanwhile a 2 series would:
>be smaller
>less practical
>less comfortable
>have a worse interior
>age worse
>burn more fuel
>cost more to buy
>cost more to maintain
>cost more to insure
>tell everyone that you're a middle management pencil pusher and that YOU'VE MADE IT

My budget is $40k, but I don't necessarily have to spend $40k. If you can name a car that meets all of my requirements for under that amount, then I am all ears.

I am, however, unlikely to change my position and buy a used car.

Thank you. I will look into it

Lexus ES is just a Camry with leather interior.

i did. g37 with a manual. e550 coupe, mercedes cl550

It's an Avalon now

Oh and Honda won't charge you $80/month for using Apple Carplay

Hey OP, what specialty are you? I'm a second year medical student looking to get into EM.

And forget everyone here getting pissed at what you want. Do this Or maybe look into leasing a new car?

BMW 4 Series Grand Coupe

OP, I think the main question you need to answer here is how important is your car with regards to self-image? Yeah, there is an unwritten expectation that doctors, lawyers, etc... should be driving luxury cars but we need to know if you're one of these people that have thrown this bullshit nonsense out the window in favor of a more value-based approach or if that shit is actually important to you.

If it's important to you: can't beat the BMW badge. Both the 2 series and the 4 series are rocking the N55/B58 engines these days which make pretty good power so you'll be satisfied with the performance. If you're feeling a little freaky, you can even throw a tune on them with minimal effort and make it even faster. They look good, are luxurious, and will fit your image well. Look into the M235i or M240i. Both can be had for under or around $40k. Expect meme issues to arise as the car ages.

If the self-image isn't important to you: GTI. Without doubt the best value car on the US market right now.

This is the right answer. If you want sporty for 40k get a golf r. If you want luxury look at c300s.

You can go full blown boy racer and get a Camaro SS. You will be driving one of the fastest cars on the road. Or be a normie and get a 330i/430i.
2 series is pretty good but get a 240i or M2 otherwise it loses all its charm.