/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread →

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 21] rpwng, a new userland exploit for use with RPG Maker Player on 11.5 firmware was released. mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.
[Aug 13] Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.

>Switch
Nintendo patched a major with the release of 3.0.1. Set the primary and secondary DNS as 205.166.76.187 to block this update.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. >Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

dreamcastlive.net/dlc.html
nds-card.com/NewsShow.asp?NewsID=240
s.aliexpress.com/rAvYzIFV
discordapp.com/invite/7bxTQfZ
pomf3dsthemes.neocities.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Has anyone created a version of Dream Explorer with the Dreamcast live DLC on it?
dreamcastlive.net/dlc.html

nds-card.com/NewsShow.asp?NewsID=240

Anyone using sd2vita, how are the axx times? Considering getting a 128

Dumb Jews.
Dumb frogposter.

>we are so sorry to pay ourselves moar

Hey /hbg/, is this a good sd2vita adapter? I dont know where to get it and just checked aliexpress out of curiosity. s.aliexpress.com/rAvYzIFV

For 3ds, if I download the .cia of a game update does it include all the previous updates, or do I need to get them all one by one?

You might have to nudge it a little bit inside the card slot.
There are a few sellers who have one inside a case so it fits perfectly. But overall, it doesn't really matter as the different design revisions don't do anything for performance (for the most part).

You should be ok with latest update.

I haven't touched my 3DS in like 5 months, been a while. When I ran luma updater to update to latest luma I got this. I've never had an issue with the updater in the past?
pls help

Here's main screen, though idk if helps any

>Luma3DS
There is no helping you.

????

Stop using le reddit updater like a retard and read the release notes on github

is there any way to play DS games on a hacked 3DS without a flashcard? I own one but I fucked up the firmware version that was supposed to be on the card

Dream Explorer should already have DLC files on it. If it doesn't have what you want then you can edit the iso yourself.

I was not visiting general since months - does Switch got CFW already?

Yes but it currently causes mustard has to leak from your speakers

Yes, there is.
Pop in the game card and boot it like any game card. Doesn't even need to be hacked for it to work!

Oh thats bad. When you guys warned me about mustard gas release triggered by using freeshop, I simply started downloding from 3dsisio instead of buying gasmask. I dont have Switch yet but looks like the mask will be mandatory this time.

This method seems popular in Nintendo then. Any hope that in near future people will find a way to disable the gas trigger?

Is the SuperCard dstwo+ worth picking up? I'd like to play GBA and ds games, don't care about emulating 3ds games.

Not worth it at all.

>nds-bootstrap finally gets the fabled ndma support
>still runs like shit with all the same problems

reminder, it was never worth waiting for. Not only do flashcarts have actual compatibility, faster load times, and quality of life features like cheats, but now have the ability to modify all current models of 3ds forever.

No

This so much!

Why not? Flaws? Any better flashcarts available you'd recommend?

>ndma support
Tell me about this, please. I haven't been following development, it was interesting back when this stuff was theoretical.

An old friend just handed me his gateway and left. I assume the only good use for this thing is dumpster lining?

How do I edit the iso?

It was supposed to get rid of the cache (thus making games that broke using such a cache work) decrease load times significantly (because it offloads work from the cpu), and fix the sound problems some games had. It hasn't done shit to load times, and all the sound problems are still there. Worst of all the cache hasn't been completely removed and thus ndma has even broken more games that used to work.

It will never be a viable project and really just a neat poc at best.

yep sell it to some retard or just throw it in the trash

I wasn't aware any games broke when using the cache.
Didn't they switch to using the upper 12MB of DSi-specific main memory as the cache instead of the ~768KB DSi-specific WRAM? How did that improve things?
What precisely is the NDMA?

I try to dump and then inject my gba save file of my vc injected and hex modified leafgreen version.

I try it with godmode9 but the save editor (a-save) can´t read the file

It improved a fair margin, but they limited it back down to ~7.5MB because the rest was mirrored and causing issues. ndma Stands for new direct memory access, it's just the dsi's method of reading ram directly.

I should have guessed, that makes sense. I guess the CPUs can just go about their business until an NDMA interrupt tells them their data has been fetched.
Are there any posts where the developers have been talknig about this?

shutterbug(the guy who released and is the primary contributor) was supposed to start writing up a blog but has yet to make a post. Besides the dedicated gbatemp thread, they have a small discord which is where I've been keeping tabs on it. They seem to have a private one too but I can't say either way.

Mind sharing the discord just so I can keep an eye it? This sort of thing (GBARunner2 as well) is fascinating to me.
The DSi's additional hardware is mysterious and intriguing.

discordapp.com/invite/7bxTQfZ

does overclocking the vita help with emulation at all?

>ds games
Literally any R4 that runs on the 3DS will do that perfectly for far less.
>GBA
GBA games can be played on the 3DS natively vita virtual console injects. Literally read the fucking OP.

The positives to it are that it has a simple setup and has no timebomb to tinker with. The negatives to it are that the emulation isn't good, it's much pricier than other cards by three times, and will drain your 3DS battery fairly fast. It also manages to drain the battery while in sleep mode too. Setting up for DS games is easy, but the emulation it offers requires a lot of workarounds with files and such that may give better performance, but still won't give you 100% accuracy.
If you have an original DS/DS Lite, find a slot-2 flashcard and a $12+ dollar flashcard to play GBA games along with DS games. That combo will let you use the cross-game feature some games have (Pokemon, Mega Man Battle Network, etc.). If you have a 3DS, just install the GBA game to it since it will give you 100% accuracy there. Assuming you are on DSi/DSi XL or are lazy by not modding your 3DS, you can play DS games fine with a cheap DS flashcard if you want to give up GBA games, but you'll have to do research to avoid the timebomb flashcards if you don't want to mess with changing the time once in a while. It's a moot point though. If GBA games are important to you and you don't mind messing with workarounds that may not give you 100% accuracy and you are on a DSi/DSi XL that you don't mind charging frequently, you can get a dstwo plus. From my experience with it, it was easier to set up over other flashcards, gave me no problems using its built-in features, and it played every DS game I wanted flawlessly without slowdown or crashes, but the emulation is garbage. Even as I say that, I do not recommend getting a dstwo except as a final resort since you can do just as well now with cheaper alternatives that do not hurt your battery and wallet.

how do I get Taiko DLC from the freeshop to work

Did you use drumhax yet?

Has anyone dumped the Caligula Effect theme for PSVita and want to share it?

I looked for it in all the sources that i know but nothing.

>idk what's going on so ill spew my autism meme
Good job faggot

no one?

pomf3dsthemes.neocities.org/
If you complete at least one of them, let me know because I'd like to store NDS themes as well.

The fact that it's dead on the weekend is a reminder of the normalfag infestation.

>tfw dead

>I'll call him a faggot, that'll make him want to help me more!

open the iso with 7zip

Uh, now what?

I haven't played with my 3DS in quite a while, but how do I know if I successfully updated to bootstrap?

Also, where the fuck can I find another mirror of slotkey_inputs? I'm trying to convert .3ds to .cia and having a fuckall time of it.

Sorry for stupidity, I haven't been keeping updated with all the new developments.

You now enjoy your kickass homebrew

>drumhax
what

any fat ps3 is hackable right?

3.55 or lower FW
otherwise no

hows ps2 emulation on the ps3?

Mean Girls DS dump when?

The original fat PS3s have native PS2 hardware.

The later fats and slims have software emulation which varies from game to game. SSX Tricky and PS2 classics on PSN run great, Tales of Legendia and niche games fail to boot.

Is it worth upgrading from 3dsxl to a 2ds xl?

So basically if i wanted to emulate silent hill 2 i should go with a fat?

if you dont care about 3d sure

I just looked it up and... what is that thing.
>Kotaku described the game as being "some kind of Puzzle Quest ripoff"
>according to the ESRB, it was an adventure game where the player interacts with characters through text-based conversations
>It is also possible the game differs from both of these descriptions, as neither of them seem to match up with the available screenshots.
>those screenshots just look plain stupid

20/60gb PS3 is the way to go for perfect PS2 compatibility. Or you could just get a real PS2 for much cheaper.

Just grab 3dsconv and a copy of boot9. You drop the .3ds on 3dsconv. Can't get simpler than that.

Idk, i'm looking at the prices for ps2 games and they're really high. I just think emulation but be cheaper but i'll only do it if i can do it on a ps3.

If you mean piracy then just pirate on the PS2. All you need is a FreeMCBoot memorycard.

I followed the instructions to update to boot9, but unsure if it actually worked. I can boot into godmode, though.

I'll check 3dsconv

Wait, what? Give me a quick run down ples :0

>:0

I was referring to boot9 as in the arm9 bootrom, not boot9strap. You need a copy of it to use 3dsconv.

heres a QT for the run down

Google FreeMCboot

Once you got it, use homebrew to play either burned DVD-R games or games from a IDE hard drive.

that's not a rundown but pick ur QT

Fucking python shitters. I can never get that shit to work, I'm an idiot.

There's an exe in the release tab.

>Decide to install Adrenaline on gf's Vita
>I forgot I deactivated it so the profile on it won't get banned
>Realize I can't install Adrenaline without activation

Could I use my activation files from my Vita TV to get it to install Adrenaline on the Vita?

Yeah, but I can't get it to work. I'm on 64-bit and I think it's set for 32-bit. I have used this before, just drag and drop, but the command prompt quickly vanishes and there's no output file.

You need the arm9 bootrom in the same folder.

Hey guys sorry if this question gets asked a lot

Is there working ds emulation on 3ds cfw yet?

>arm9 bootrom

Fuck. I can't seem to get it to dump. I'm holding select, start, and X on boot but it just hangs. Am I not holding it long enough?

Are you sure it's not dumping? Check your SD card.

Disregard, I suck cock.

it's not gonna happen, just get a flashcart

No, it dumped and it's in the correct folder. The .3ds file I'm using must be corrupted or from a different region. Tokyo Rumble works, but FE Fates does not. Trying to get the undub working. Might just have to play the one that has the faggy marriage patch.

I might make a custom ntrboot cartridge label for mine for fun

Where all the nsfw 3ds themes at? All of the main 3ds theme sites are ran by prudes or underageb& so can't find them there.

>nintendo bans my 3ds
>order a new 3ds xl from amazon
>choose same day day delivery
>arrives at my doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds the money
>use that money to buy a vita and 64 gb card
>choose no rush shipping
>arrives at doorstep
>claim it was stolen
>amazon refunds my money
get on my level niggas. and fuck nintendo and sony

I'll take "shit that never happened" for $500, Alex.

Post the whole thing you lazy nigger.

I just lost years of progress on my 3DS because of SD card corruption, I had no backups and the recovery programs can't recover anything useful.
What the fuck do I do? Is the SD just faulty? How do I get back on with CFW (I was on everything latest (B9S))?

>18 dollars to 20 dollars
Literally who gives a fuck, you're getting CFW and all the DS games you could ever want.

You're fucked, that's why you make backups every month.
>b-but i don't have time for that
Yes you do otherwise you wouldn't be posting on fucking Veeky Forums of all boards.

Ive been out of the vita scene for a bit, has there been any major leaps in ps1 emulation for the vita?

Fuck off, fag.

hownew.ru

hump

Yes, but if it is not already on 3.55, you'll have to downgrade it to 3.55.

Yes