/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

Succ edition

Gwent Standalone's open beta is out!
>Gwent General
GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

>Cyberpunk all possible classes included
youtube.com/watch?v=eTAf5S0g2_8

>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

Previous:

Geralt and Triss OTP

ITT we old /wtc/ now. Quality Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 discussion only. Witcher 3 discussion only when it connects to those two games directly or the books. No waifufaggotry.

Correct

>Ciri, did I ever tell you about Vincent Meiss?
>He was a detective that turned into a werewolf to fight superstitious and cowardly criminals at night.
>I killed him for an easily obtained tuft of fur to use in a potion that gave me a damage bonus at night.
>He was a good friend.

read da books plebs reeeeeeeeee

>not neutering him and getting a waifu for him

Agreed but also play TW1 and TW2.

I did. I prefer the games.

More in character but less meme potential.

Well a lot of people these days don't like to read for entertainment much so that's normal I guess. They still enhance your enjoyment of the games though so it's not like it was a bad thing to do.

/dag/

>They still enhance your enjoyment of the games though so it's not like it was a bad thing to do.
I never said I didn't like them. It was a very pleasurable read, it's just that I find the games more interesting.

You'll find the year is 2014 and we are eagerly awaiting TW3's release. Bioware has no place here because we still have faith there's a company that can end a vidya trilogy in a satisfying way.

Speaking of the upcoming Witcher 3, I have this theory that Ves is pregnant with Henselt's bastard and that's who "Whoreson Jr." in the leaked game files is referring to. Roche is probably helping her raise it.

>b-but Henselt is sterile
They broke the curse and he got one last rape in before he died. What, you thought all that was just for shock value/pathos? It was a plot hook for future games.

Triss didn't completely pretend to be Yen but she takes advantage of Geralt's addled state to lock him up in her rape dungeon. The point I remember most is Geralt going "LILAC AND GOOSEBERRIES? WHY DOES THIS SMELL INSTANTLY GIVE ME AN ERECTION?" and then Triss sidles up with Yen-stank all over her.

IIRC she was also cagey about their previous relationship to try to egg Geralt along into her pussy but it's been long enough I don't remember the specifics terribly well.

For what it's worth I do like reading for entertainment and I still enjoy the games take on witcha more than the books, generally speaking. Though I thought less of them than the other dude and certainly didn't read all of them before I moved on so it's possible they got better later.

>The point I remember most is Geralt going "LILAC AND GOOSEBERRIES? WHY DOES THIS SMELL INSTANTLY GIVE ME AN ERECTION?" and then Triss sidles up with Yen-stank all over her.
That was only in that quasi-canon comedy side mission. So I don't think that counts.

>IIRC she was also cagey about their previous relationship to try to egg Geralt along into her pussy but it's been long enough I don't remember the specifics terribly well.
I just finished replaying TW1. First thing she says after Geralt fucks her is " A pleasure as always, Witcher". Geralt expresses confusion then Triss implies they've done it a lot before (rather than just a one night stand) and that Geralt has a lot to look forward to once they get back into things (implying both that they had a relationship in the past and that them having one again is inevitable). In Chapter 3 she also pressures him into a relationship with the implication that it's how things used to be before (but graciously insists that if he doesn't feel the same way anymore, she'll " try to understand") while simultaneously telling him it's possible no one could fix his memory and it's better to try to forge his own identity.

It's very well done and except for the part in the prologue very subtle. Makes the amnesia thing more than just a conceit required to explain the world to new players, and adds a twist to the romance subplot that makes it interesting both for people that were already fans for the books, and new people that had no idea what was coming in the next game.

I can't wait to see how CDPR handles the fall out in TW3. Yen is going to be so pissed.

>That fucking Djikstra

The games take a different tone by virtue of having to be video games and not books. I usually see people claim the first two books (which are actually short story collections combined with a loose plot tying them together) are the best so I'm not sure if you'd like the later ones. But then, maybe the change in tone and focus starting in the novels proper would suit you better? Depends on why you preferred the games over the books.

Unless of course your preference has little to do with story telling elements,and more to do with preferring an interactive medium, in which case it won't matter.

He's looking at the cakes.

>trying to replay Witcher 2 after just finishing Witcher 1
>desktop crapped out but I played Witcher 2 on a laptop anyway and it ran pretty well
>install it on the same laptop
>it's unplayably slow even on lowest settings
What happened? All the cooling gel dried up in the intervening years? Otherwise the only difference is that it now has windows 10 instead of windows 7.

Good heavens, you haven't played Witcher 3 yet? You're in for a treat. And some disappointment, but mostly treats. Though I should talk since I played the Witcher games in a kind of fucky order. Witcher 1 first, never played the enhanced edition, then a little bit of Witcher 2 and inexplicably stopped playing it, and then maybe the first chapter of Witcher 3 and then stopped because it ran like complete garbage on my computer, then back to and completed Witcher 2, then an orgy of Witcher 3 and all the DLC/season pass at once after I upgraded my machine. In the end it sort of worked out fine for me because oddly enough I enjoyed 2 more after having played some of 3.

I also agree that Triss trying to take advantage of Geralt is pretty well done. It's not too mustache twirlingly evil but it shows some of the flaws in her character, even if the flaw is still kind of waifu bait since stealing your dirty underwear so she can huff your ball sweat isn't really on the same level as Yen flaws, but still.

>Good heavens, you haven't played Witcher 3 yet?
I've played it a few times. I was joking about how I found it to be a good game but a shit sequel in terms of how it resolved things. Or rather, didn't.

Can't wait to see Iorveth and Saskia again.

I like Dijkstra because of his sharp mind and wits but him being the biggest Geralt x Triss shipper in the game only makes him better. Now if only he didn't act like a retard in Reasons of State...

Triss did act opportunistic, no question there, but their whole romance happened because Geralt insisted on it. Most of their romantic interactions happen on his initiative. There are even times when Triss is reluctant and demands that Geralt proves he's serious about them before she commits fully(the ring, how he behaves around Alvin). People give way little credit to Geralt imo. He takes it upon himself to decide individual fates of many people and even the whole kingdoms, he fucks half the Continent in the first game, he is perfectly capable deciding whether he wants to be with Triss or not. She never forced him to do anything and he refused hearing about the past at KM. Triss is there for him to talk about the things he experiences along the way and she encourages him to form a personality outside of her influence saying it should help with the memory loss, which it does. What really seals the deal of him not being a victim is TW2, even after he learns about Yen and remembers some parts of their past, he can still continue to romance Triss and even express love to her. Geralt is a big boy, amnesia or not.

Triss trying to " steal" Geralt is kind of pathetic bad college relationship level flaws. It's sad but not that signficiant and certainly doesn't make her evil. Her major character flaws are her tendency to blindly fall in with authority on the promise of any kind of acceptance, and that's where she does truly bad things. But for some reason no one remembers that stuff. It's because most gamers care way more about waifu character traits than non-waifu related character traits.

Same reason Yen's daddy issues and problems with committed relationships are considered to make her a grey complex character along with Geralt when in reality both Geralt and Yen are both morally fairly black and white good guys outside of the first couple books.

There's probably a lot you could armchair psychologist over about nerds and how much more morally significant they find relationship drama vs. events that steer nations and end or save thousands of lives but instead I'll just say waifufags a shit.

Windows 10 should be negligible in terms of performance differences unless the drivers are hosed or something. Maybe double check the options and make sure it's properly toning shit down. I remember there being some option in W2 which absolutely destroys performance but I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head. Theoretically it should be disabled but maybe something fucky is going on.

Ah, I gotcha. That was part of the disappointment I was talking about. I certainly enjoy W3 but they dropped the ball fairly hard in a few areas. Buddy of mine considers it his favorite game of all time and I could see the reasoning behind that even with the flaws.

>Can't wait to see Iorveth and Saskia again.
Too soon. ;_;

Geralt is kind of an idiot tbqh. At least at emotional stuff.

Ubersampling is disabled, yeah. Honestly I've had lots of things go wrong after windows 10 installed itself on multiple computers that there's no logical reason should be connected to the OS but it keeps happening. Might be a fluke though. Either way, not sure how to proceed. I had everything on TW2 on high/medium on this computer last time I tried and got around 30 FPS. Now I'm getting 10 on low settings.

>Buddy of mine considers it his favorite game of all time and I could see the reasoning behind that even with the flaws.
Has he played the other games or read the books?

>Her major character flaws are her tendency to blindly fall in with authority on the promise of any kind of acceptance
That's why I find her Lodge across the games subplot amazing. She starts TW1 still working for them, but she gets disillusioned and by the time TW2 ends, depending on the choices, she takes Geralt's side and testifies against them at the Loc Muinne summit. Knowing how whipped she was by them in the books, this is a huge step for her. And in TW3, we can see her trying to find her own place in the world, guided by her own ideals rather than following others. There we finally see the true nature of her idealism and the genuine desire to help others. She also steps up and takes the role of a leader, something that doesn't come easy for her. I think she shows a lot of growth.

In the books I never thought her actions were particularly horrible. People act like she runs the Lodge, but she is a mere follower to Philippa. That doesn't excuse her but she genuinely believed they acted of the greater good. She shows remorse and questions herself during her convo with Nenneke. And let's be real, even if Triss stood up to Phil, there's not much she can do. Philippa outclasses her, she's older, wiser, smarter, more manipulative, stronger, more influential and powerful. Triss can only end up in her sex dungeon or whatever. Also, I see people saying how Triss was ready ot let Ciri be married in Kovir, but failing to mention that even Yen accepted that in the end. That's how formidable Phil is.

well W3 is definitely a better game than the other two, despite the fact that it isn't the best WITCHER game out of the three

He's played all of the games but hasn't read the books. Actually not sure why he hasn't read them since he isn't opposed to reading and he loves the shit out of the games.

I can't wait to see what Radovid's master plan is. No way he's not well aware of the thread Nilfgaard poses. Even the massacre at Loc Muinne must be part of some kind of contingency.

>In the beginning, there was Chaos
What does it mean?

Poor guy doesn't even know he's going to be turned into a cliche fuckboy

I wonder what happened to Adda.

I might agree if they hadn't fucked up in The Witcher 3 with everything either brushed under the rug or her actively crying about Philippa maybe being hurt but, they did. People that have read the books take it hard on Triss because again, people are way more affected by these personal emotional betrayals than conspiracies and war crimes. Philippa does far worse but you expect that from Philippa, so you don't get quite so upset. People that love a good villain even like her for it even as they feel bad for her victims. Triss though doesn't offer much for either the big plot guys (since as you say, she's mostly just a follower in over her head) or the personal emoetional connection guys (who are inevitably rooting for Geralt, Ciri, and Yennefer). Thus the disproportionate reaction.

Also I'm sure I've read this exact same post from you before, word for word. So yeah. Gonna talk to other people now.

>well W3 is definitely a better game than the other two,
Depends on how you figure. I think you can make a good argument for any game of the trilogy being the best game of the three, but I'd argue TW2 was the best all around.

Ok see that makes sense. If you haven't read the books then a lot of TW3's flaws in plot terms are easily rationalized away with a simple "Well I don't get it but I'm sure it makes more sense if I'd read the books." Only if you'd read them would you realize that, well, no. It doesn't.

I just want to see the big clashes promised in the open world. The front is actually supposed to move while you play. Imagine say, stumbling on a clash between Knights of the Flaming Rose and Nilfgaardian cavalry and either walking away or intervening and changing who owns that stretch of No-Man's Land. I think I'm even more excited for stuff like that than the injury system they promised for hunting big monsters.

The Lodge situation gets resolved at the end of TW2 imo. There isn't much left there. They are declared enemies, they are persecuted and not much is left for them. Their plans failed. Triss is not actively crying over Philippa being hurt, she expresses slight concern at best and her being more of the side of her former colleges over Radovid, the madman torturing them to death, isn't that surprising. Even Yen leans more toward them.

The main reason some people vilify Triss are the waifu wars from TW3. Her worst action in the books is refusing to clear Yen's name(actually Philippa does and Triss is too much of coward to stand up to her) and going with Lodge's plans to marry Ciri(which Yen also agrees on later).

And Triss' positive actions in both the books and the games trump any bad thing she did.

>(which Yen also agrees on later).
Oh come on now. I wasn't going to respond to you but Yennefer agrees to that plan in the same way Poland agreed to be divided between the USSR and Germany. That's just silly.

Yeah, but it goes to show the authority Philippa has. We know how much Yen loves Ciri and that she would do anything for her, yet she is forced to accept their will. Expecting Triss(who is not exactly known for her bravery) to go against Phil is unrealistic. Blaming Triss for the Lodge's actions is like blaming Romania or Hungary for WW2.

>Plot
TW2>Hearts of Stone>TW3=TW1>Blood and Whine

>Emotional highs/Muh Feels
TW3>Hearts of Stone>TW2=TW1>Blood and Whine

>RPG Crunch/Game Systems
TW1>TW3>TW2

>General Gameplay/Combat flow
TW3>TW2>TW1

>Atmosphere
TW1>Hearts of Stone=TW3>TW2>Blood and Whine

>Art Design
TW2>TW3>TW1

>Music
TW1>TW3>TW2

>Voice Acting
TW2>Hearts of Stone=TW3>Blood and Whine>>>>>>>TW1

>This user's Personal hot take
Hearts of Stone>TW2>TW3>TW1>Blood And Whine

>Blood and Whine a shit
Blood and Whine

This list is comprehensive, objective, and indisputable.

So you're saying Triss should be treated like Axis allies? brb selling Triss to Russians

Oops, forgot

>Choices and Consequences
TW2>>>>TW1>Blood and Whine>TW3=Hearts of Stone

>Plot
Same as you

>Feels
TW3>TW2>BaW>HoS>TW1

>RPG
Same

>Gameplay
Same

>Atmosphere
TW1>TW3>TW2>BaW>HoS

>Art
TW3>TW2>TW1

>Music
TW3>TW1>TW2

>VA
the rest>>>TW1

>My favs
TW2>TW3>HoS>TW1>BaW

>Choices
TW2>TW3>TW1>BaW>HoS

Blood and Wine was OK, but not spectacular.

Well, her authority in the Lodge is not that big. She is the youngest, least experienced one and sometimes they even treat her like a kid. Little Merigold. She takes her share of blame for their book actions and she's pretty much innocent of their game mishaps.

Here's a good one
>Best Geralt
I got TW2>TW1>TW3

>Waifu fags hate best game story and love dumb fanservice expansion
Makes sense

Wait read the rest and was surprised.

>liking HoS more than BaW but think BaW has better atmosphere and feels

weird

Um, where did I say I like BaW the best? I said the opposite. It's the weakest one story wise. Plot wise TW2 is king.

>Yennefer
>at a Triss and Geralt wedding
I mean Geralt is emotionally retarded enough to invite her but no way she'd show up.

>Three or four wraiths teleporting all over the place ( I can never tell how many there are)
>Freeze bombs are long gone
>Get stuck on a fence and die
I'm almost tempted to slay the fucking botchling. These things are worse than ghoul nests.

I think TW3 wins best Geralt if you leave out Blood and Wine where he turns into generic RPG protagonist. But if you don't then TW2 was most true to his characterization. Which is very impressive considering the array of choices the player is given. It has to be very hard to make all those mutually exclusive actions something Geralt would conceivably do.

I hope CDPR has a huge financial crisis in the future. They seem to do their best work when operating under threat of bankruptcy.

Still not as bad as the Melitelé's heart quest in TW2.

HoS has a far better story than BaW, more interesting plot and characters. Atmosphere wise Toussaint is pretty great and HoS while having moments like the wedding and the Everec mansion is same old Novigrad.

Feels wise, the ending of BaW is quite emotional and having Triss visit is a pretty big deal for me. She gives me more feels than anything.

Not showing up would mean she's showing weakness and being hurt. She came there to fake indifference.

>Atmosphere wise Toussaint is pretty great
Personally I found the colors over saturated and I don't like accordion music so I guess I'm biased. I actually can't remember a single piece of music from Blood and Wine though, besides remembering the general atmospheric theme annoying me.

>Feels wise, the ending of BaW is quite emotional and having Triss visit is a pretty big deal for me
Standard biodrone response then. Have Geralt directly address the player then shove in their waifu. 10/10 game of the year.

>Not showing up would mean she's showing weakness and being hurt. She came there to fake indifference.
That would imply she still has hope or cares what they think about her. Given her actions in Sword of Destiny even before she got a lot of character development in later books, she'd go the avoidant route. She only feigned indifference during break ups there when circumstances forced them together. Otherwise she actively avoided him. And this would be a way bigger deal than any of those.

Ah who are we kidding, she'd an hero as soon as she saw how happy Ciri was with her new mama/big sis in this reality.

In TW1, why wasn't the face of the Scoia'tael Toruviel instead of Yaevinn? Yaevinn has always and will always be a huge asshole. They try to make it a hard choice but when the two sides are selling the same shit, but one salesman is Siegfried and the other is Yaevinn, there's just no contest.

>Hos better story
No.
>Pick between letting a fucking faggot die and letting him get away with 0 punishment for his awful decisions
>either way you spend half the time helping the faggot out
>get captured by niggers too
Awful.

>I found the colors over saturated and I don't like accordion music
I thought it was a nice change from the environments we saw in the base game. I liked a bit of sun.

>Standard biodrone response then
Whatever. Triss ahs been there since the first game. I adore her and Geralt and seeing her be there in the very end felt very pleasing to me.

>That would imply she still has hope or cares what they think about her
I mean, I just put her there for shits and giggles. I doubt Philippa and Dijkstra would care to show up either let alone be all friendly.

What an insightful analysis. This is why CDPR is turning into Bioware folks.

If you say so.

Philippa would show up because she wants to cuckold Geralt and fuck Triss in a wedding gown.

Dijkstra would show up for free food and booze and so he could later spy on Phil and Triss fucking

I do what are you gonna do about it fagget

>she wants to cuckold Geralt and fuck Triss in a wedding gown
>dijkstra watching
I can support that.

nice pic, did you use Triss' nude body on Philippa? they seem to have the same mole

Not him but I think there's only like four female bodies and maybe three nude textures in the game so it's kind of hard to avoid.

>Ciri, did I ever tell you about Leo?
>He was my child surprise, murdered by Salamandra and then later resurrected as a ghost even though the Wild Hunt isn't supposed to work that way.
>He was a good friend.

Thjey all share the same texture(Triss, Yen, whores...except Ciri). Philippa is thicker than Triss but you can't tell from this angle and I can't show too much here either due to NSFW not being allowed.

I thought Phil and Triss both had the "voluptuous" body. Are there actually two of those? A thicc and a super thicc? I thought there was just voluptuous, standard, and waifish bodies in game.

Damn that's lame as fuck, i swear Witcher 2 was more robust in this area

>triss spammer
>Afraid of getting banned
Maybe things actually have changed here. Oh well, your filter a shit anyway.

I think they may have had more body types in general but they were less detailed and I think they all shared textures too except for Ves. Someone at CDPR likes tattoos and scars.

There is skinny(Yen, Syanna), moderate(Keira, Shani), thicc(Triss), thicker(Phil) and fat(I only saw this one thanks to mods)

Come to think of it isn't Ciri the only major character with mandatory partial nudity? In theory you can skip all the others.

There's a dummied out fat body? And they bothered to give Phil a unique body? Weird. Can I get a comparison of these somewhere?

Is Ciri's model actually unique below the neck or is the muscle all texture stuff?

i know theres one brothel slut at crippling kates with Philippas supposed unique body type. I know because i recall her bigger titters

I was pretty sure that Triss had the biggest in the game. I guess I didn't pay enough attention at the brothels.

>Afraid of getting banned
I'm a rule abiding citizen of /wtc/. I know my limits. Ass is fine if you spoiler it, no tits or vaginas allowed.

>Come to think of it isn't Ciri the only major character with mandatory partial nudity?
Yen shows ass in the opening scene.

>There's a dummied out fat body? And they bothered to give Phil a unique body? Weird. Can I get a comparison of these somewhere?
There's a fat nude body that I never saw in the game but it's there. Using Sbui you can view it(there is also Shani lingerie model). Phil doesn't have a unique nude body, it's the body one of the hookers uses. I can make a comparison, but not now, I'm not on my main PC.

>I'm a rule abiding citizen of /wtc/
What happened?

>Yen dyes her hair and gets tit and ass implants

I think it's unique.

I was always rule abiding. I only danced closer to the edge before.

It's actually Vivienne's hair.

>It's actually Vivienne's hair.
I thought they had the same hair, just different colors.

It's similar but not the same

Would real life Ciri date a black guy?

Yes. Ciri likes big dick.

She has low self esteem, daddy issues, and terrible impulse control. What do you think?

delet

Count yourself lucky she's not fucking drowners and alghouls.

who says she doesn't? why do you think she wants to be a witcher? endless supply of drowner cock

>tfw no waterhag gf

Can't decide if I want gigni or caretaker in weather control Dagon deck. I know caretaker is the more widely accepted choice but people play control Dagon less these days anyway, and gigni last game against discard Skellige which is the ideal caretaker matchup ended up being an 18 point play by roasting a pirate captain. I guess the ideal move is stealing a skirmisher or jacking his Olgierd in round 1 but gigni's nice, especially with shit like Caranthir to force rowstacking. I probably should update my list though since I'm still running mardromeme for god's sake.

I bought the Witcher Enhanced Edition yesterday and I am about to start my first playthrough. Can anyone recommend me some good mods for this game? I have heard the combat is very horrible and can be fixed with proper mods.

Any general tips would be appreciated too. And the books are not mandatory to understand the story, right? I really don't want to spend months reading the books, before playing the games...

Books definitely aren't mandatory. If anything they would come into play more for Witcher 2 and 3, but even those are fine without.

Dunno about mods as I can't say as I ever played it with mods. There's a slight rhythm game nature to Witcher 1's combat which isn't too horrible in the grand scheme of things so it might be worth trying vanilla first to see if it even bothers you that much. It has more stance changing than the other games, too. Most horrible part I remember about the combat is the fact that you're going to be running around in that goddamn swamp for 20 hours. There are a lot of cool quests and shit that happens in that swamp, but it doesn't change the fact that you're going to be in there for fucking ever.

The Witcher Overhaul Project
Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition

That's all you need, no need for books. The actual combat is comfy. The worst part of the game are the design decisions in how it relates to questing, like the swamp shit user above mentioned

Alright, thanks a lot, I think I am just going to grab the visual mods/re-textures. No gameplay overhauls for the first playthrough. And I am looking forward to this Swamp area.

Thanks for the mods suggestion. Both the re-texture project and UI overhaul look very lore-friendly.

There's nothing wrong with the combat, it's just not an ARPG like the other two. Gamers today are just kiddies that only like third person shooters.

>Any general tips would be appreciated too. And the books are not mandatory to understand the story, right?
Not mandatory to get the absolute basics no.

>I really don't want to spend months reading the books, before playing the games...
They're not that long.

I found a very short summary of all the Witcher books on "some" website. I am going to read that instead for now.

So no one else has had a similar problem? I'm pretty stuck here. Would like to play the best game again.

Play the first and second games then read the books after Geralt gets his memory back. Also play TW2 twice or you haven't actually finished it.