IT'S HAPPENING!

IT'S HAPPENING!
>IT'S HAPPENING!
IT'S HAPPENING!

Bitfinex just put up the two tokens for BTU and BCU

RIP BTC! IT'S OGRE!

OMG I HAVE NO MONEY

que?

You are betting on if there will be a fork by Dec 31st and STRONGLY favors a hard fork!

If a hard fork happens then BCU becomes the new BTC

Meanwhile Ethereum developers are gearing up for Devcon 3 (pic related)

can you even buy it yet?

Wait so what will happen to the BTC currently being held? Help Veeky Forums I'm confused

If you own BTC and a hard fork goes in to BCU then you fucked.

So all of bitcoins market cap would be wiped out? Isn't that like billions of dollars?

What are the benefits of a hard fork that could possibly outweigh wiping out all the progress BTC has made?

Not wiped out, but the majority of exchanges, miners and nodes would move to the coin that has the largest support.

So BTC would still be there but it would basically be an "alt-coin" to BCU

They want to hard fork it because the blocksize is 1 MB and transactions are getting expensive and taking longer.

If your BTC are on the blockchain before the fork happens, you will own the same amount in both BCC *and* BCU. Your amount doesn't change, but the price likely will, but in a way which no-one can accurately predict.

>no-one can accurately predict.
No change there then!

zing!

>he fell for the cryptocurrency meme

lol fiat will always be superior

I am confused are you saying. That previous BTC holding become bcu? You just lose you money if you buy now?

That's what a fork means.

From the start of bitcoin until the fork, it'll use the exact same blockchain. At the fork it splits into two different, now independently growing chains. So anything that happened before the fork *has* to be the same on both chains, including that the same private key will authorize you to spend the same amount of tokens on both future chains.

It's just a prediction market.

Why bcu and not the second one?

BCC is BTC

Also what are your predictions for the future of btc until the fork and the new coins?

It would be the perfect time for many to replace btc with another coin to prevent risks, ain't it?

How can i avoid high loss i can't cash out into fiat
what should i do

>que?
Hue hue hue

But it's going to be split into 2 coins and only one of them is able to replace btc while the other one is going to be treated as the 'number two' or do i get it wrong?

I'm hardly into cryptos but this event seems to be quite important and i wonder if it's a good chance to join the ship

So what do we do buy bcc or but now or wait for fork?

What kind of answer do you expect?

You've excluded the one option that would preserve value independently from crypto currencies.

So you're looking for another crypto currency, a digital coin with no fundamentals or indicators which all have behaved highly volatile in the (especially near) past, on a board full of crypto shills where nobody has a clue of what'll happen but very strong opinions about it. What's honestly the best result you can expect here?

No, BCC is bitcoin core. It's a BTC soft fork. It's only on a separate ticker so you can bet on it.

BCU is a hard fork, a separate coin then BTC (an alt-coin) but if it gains a majority of the support it becomes the "new BTC"

Could you possibly link me to your news sources and forum/board to read up on this subject?

you're right i gues i'll buy amazon gift cards to retain value

Really appreciated, thank you.

I suppose there is a lot to read up

Why would it fork to bcu instead of etherium

>But it's going to be split into 2 coins and only one of them is able to replace btc while the other one is going to be treated as the 'number two' or do i get it wrong?

Seems likely, given historical precedent. Ether was forked from what's now called ETC into ETH, not really due to competing implementations like it may happen now for BTC, but actually to reverse a large exploit that happend in (what's now) ETC. Since then ETC is mostly dead and only ETH thrives (at least in comparison).

The case here may be different, because there is not such a large consensus as with the ETH fork. Since "Bitcoin" has become somewhat of a well-recognized brand, the one keeping the name will probably do better (which would speak against the Ultimate fork). On the other hand BTC is heavily flawed and has dire future prospects, which Ultimate tries to fix. But on the other hand again, many have spoken out againts the Ultimate approach, both conceptually and practically.

Maybe after a fork we'll have two equal Bitcoins, maybe one will take over, maybe both will die off. Nobody knows.

So for what reason would I buy BCC now?

Since if the fork doesn't gain support if have BCC(BTC) anyway

If BCU doesn't go through by DEC 31st your BCC profits would be secured and transferred to BTC. You can expect BCC to trade higher then BTC if the hard fork doesn't happen.

If you bet on BCU and it doesn't happen then you lose all your money.

BCU is really just 60 USD? I don't get it

this

so if they hardfork did hypothetically happen, would the symbol for bitcoin core go to BCC or would it stay BTC. I just thought bitfinex made up BCC since they wanted to allow people to gamble on it

If a hard fork DOESN'T happen BCC turns to BTC
If a hard fork DOES happen there is still a BTC but BCU becomes the main coin for development.

Can someone explain this in english

Is it possible to hedge bets for this?

ok need a "explain like im 5" bs

For someone that has no bitcoins, is there a way to profit from this and if so, what do I need to do? Im poor so it probably wont happen.

Its going to fork to Doge Coin.

more like milocoin pleb