/ovg/ - Forza General

Welcome to Forza General. VKGT3 welcome also

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have!
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/DfAYZhY
youtube.com/watch?v=f8SHZ7QJuJo
tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_3:_A-Spec
youtube.com/watch?v=800TNvoDJ5A
youtu.be/929UZ6Nq-hk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1439419666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

discord lonk in case of being a chink botnet user like some of us
discordapp.com/invite/DfAYZhY

Name a better game

>raceroom
>run wide because sausage kerb almost flips my car
>slow down penalty .1s
>game decides to stop my car outside a corner and takes .5s to serve penalty
>can't get off the racing line fast enough
>guy behind me crashes me because he doesn't have anywhere to go
good game

cant, james just became my personal hero

/ovgburnout/ when

when burnout paradise hd is released for 40usd

Where is VKOVGT3?

every fucking thread no one replies to you lmao faggot

Live for speed

Counter strike source

>He can't name a better game
Project CARS 2 is truly the best sim on the market though

Ian it? I want to try it now. Better on pc or ps4? My pc is average.

Does anyone else have FH3 crash like a motherfucker on PC? Literally every 5-10 minutes it crashes for me. Only game that crashes, and ive tried every fix that ive seen.

Did Gran Turismo lose their Lotus license?

The beta had an Elise and an Evora, and now we have pic related from Gran Turismo 6 get completely rebranded as the "Generic Car Please Don't Sue"-mobile.

I suspect there's some wierd license thing where you aren't allowed to repaint actual F1 cars, so that's why they made it an unlicensed car so that it can be used in the livery editor

i dont think lotus cares

Wait did James actually get that guy unbanned from Forza?

user, are you unbanned now?

t

I really like the '71 Mach One in sport. I just wish we had a small city map to run laps in like the original seattle course.

It's possible that it was done not to be associated with senna anymore since that promotion was only with gt6

They probably lost the Senna license, and since they're lazy pieces of shit instead of remodeling an F1 car they removed the logos and called it a day.

sorry pal you got the wrong link
discord.gg/fuckoffbarney

youtube.com/watch?v=f8SHZ7QJuJo
Every now and then with the right combo AC gives off strong old school NFS vibes. feelsgood.

based forza mods
yeah, the main things the ban limited were
>clubs (lost access to roster, but i could still climb the ladder)
>decals
>decal groups
from what i figured people couldnt see my decals online either (but thats now nullified)
i unshared the GM decal (it was shadowbanned) so if you want it ask for it on the ovg discord
image related

Eh, they did something like that back in GT3.
>F686/M = FW11
>F687/S = 99T
>F688/S = MP4/4 / Polyphony001
>F090/S = MP4/5B
>F094/S = FW15
>F094/H = FW15B / Polyphony002
Also there's a body of a MP4/13 hidden and unused in-game: tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_3:_A-Spec

Kill yourself trash

Getting so sick of this game but I have nothing that I enjoy playing. At least some guy bought a bunch of HE cars off me the other night for 11m a piece. Sold him all the ones I didn't care about.

Yes, but for GT3 they modeled cars. For GTS update cars they copy and paste GT6 cars.

and also, thanks James for getting me unbanned!

VKOVGT3 when
Mod when
Tracks when
Cmon get on with it

when you make it™

>cover of forza horizon 3
>there is unironically a sticker that says that the game is set in australia
>tfw your country is a cultureless wasteland

Its supposed to be made, but those autismos are probably too busy altering parts of the mod to add some shitty jpegs of kogay

the game's fun with friends
me and a bunch of shitters have been playing it a lot recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=800TNvoDJ5A
YOU CANNOT

>all of this jdm faggotry

Why does pcars looks so ugly? I felt like I was watching a shift 2 drift montage.

youtu.be/929UZ6Nq-hk
james remind ian that he has successfully done controller steering before

how did they get it to run at 60fps on the trailer

why does everyone just want to do this nordschleife tourist shit all the time?

Whats a good first wheel for someone who wants to just see if its their thing?

no comitment or competition. just driving

dfgt
or get any more expensive one used and sell it later, depending on your country those things might hold the price very well

new gran turismo sex season finale?

Is it compatible with PC? From the looks of it it's for the playstation.

That's what they're like unless you're driving on mud.
Biggest change in the feeling is due to the tyre model being a hell of a lot better than the differentials actually do what they're supposed to now.
I'm not hating on Rally. I played far more than any human probably should have and it was great. I'd kill for those stages or just that quality of stages in D4

Why does it have a gay ass shifter like that?

yes, pretty much everything is compatible with pc. dfgt was the most popular budget wheel in its times, it works with pc and ps2/ps3

so you can switch gears with paddles and use shifter as a handbrake for your sick skids

Right, I completely missed those pathetically small things on the back.

well it's a cheapo wheel for poorfags that can't even afford a proper entry level wheel like a G27

because they are too pussy to do it irl

you saying dirt 4 has better physics?

How long do you think it will take iRacing to introduce the road/street course kit?
Oval Package is releasing on March 6th.
It's not so much that Sports Cars is ruined forever as much as pitiful and a sign that the LMP1 regulations have needed to change for almost 2 decades.
LMP1 has only seen sporadic battles between 2 and sometimes 3 manufacturers.
DPi is a much better template for manufacturers as it's low cost to operate, but still relevant to their interests.
LMP1 cars are the most technologically advance on the planet, but that means nothing when no one builds them.

the shifter knob is miles better than paddle buttons for changing gears

casual fun
>practice for gt3 on spa
>start the race and risk getting bumped out and ending up sad
vs
>open ring server and get in
>drive a car, find someone similarly fast and run together, have fun

also, it's kinda embarrassing but trying out realistic dreams in vidya really calms my autism. getting on the ring in some kind of semi-shitbox is realistic dream, you can do it one day, running in real race is a bit more expensive/time-consuming to achieve

ring is good

>working aero
>working tyre model
>working differentials
>actual car weight
>no more silly jumps or baja suspensions
>better braking and acceleration limits
>RWD DORIFUTO replaced with actual powersliding (need to set the car up though)
>much better weight transferring (cant just hovercraft the car into a corner)

Yeah they're pretty good. Stage generator is complete ass though. The FFB still needs dialing in. It's like they changed the game physics without changing the processing for the FFB so it feels wonky as fuck.
It's really hard to convince people how much grip there is on gravel with proper competition spec tyres. Even more so at speed with the aero working

top 70% now

maybe this time i wont get another ban
4 downloads so far
decal available: "Vette VS GTR"
just an ordinary day of exposing GM shills

where you getting all of this "working" stuff?

who the fuck is gm?

it's the best complete single player simracer. all the other ones are incomplete, even if they might have better simulation models.

lol what

???

because it's comfy as fuck

>no 787B in Project Cars 2
What even the fuck is this?

Garbage Machines

>For the first time ever, Race Sim Studio will be bringing its cars to rFactor 2! This is a long-awaited entry to one of sim racing’s favourite titles allowing for more ways to bring our work to the community. rFactor 2 is one of the most competent and rewarding sim experiences, so it was only natural for us to make this move. You can see some of our work-in-progress below.

repeat after me

S A V E D
A
V
E
D

yeah m88 got the first 3 fun races inked in for tomorrow also put down more ideas

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1439419666

No really you are making a lot of claims like it's a fact so I am really interested in seeing how you arrived to this conclusions.

rF2's been saved so many times now why are we not doing any series in it?

Because no one can run it

People should get proper shitposting stations.

By being an actual rallyfag

Since its not a thing a lot of people actually do though you can always compare it to all of the onboards that are available in the world.

Why are the good track day servers in AC so dead?

Reminder that rally discussion is frowned upon

I curse you with fatal understeer the next time you drive

By soyboys

Jokes on you because I play forza. Fatal understeer is my forte

>By being an actual rallyfag
That's not really proof now is it though?
You stated a lot of specific examples like you have some kind of data or proof of it, but you back it up by "I'm a rally fan"?

because time of day, it's not sunday afternoon and "server isn't full, not gonna join"

Real life experience of driving a historic/R4 car in UK events.. It helps a lot

Now that is actually worth something. It still doesn't explain how you can pinpoint
>working aero
>working tyre model
>working differentials
>actual car weight
>better braking and acceleration limits
>much better weight transferring (cant just hovercraft the car into a corner)

Also
>no more silly jumps or baja suspensions
While the amount of air time was silly, the ease at which a car could be launched into a crash was relatively realistic in dirt rally, I don't this whole "a car should be super safe and act like muh circuit racing simulators" deal. The only thing you could argue about is that the damage was too light.

F

When i say working i mean accurate. The aero was very primitive and flawed in Rally. The tyre model was fairly poor too and really limited the the usefulness of the load transfer and braking/accel limits.
The differentials in rally literally didn't work as they should. I couldn't tell you in what way they were 'simulated' but it was just plain wrong. A completely open diff could still transfer a shitload of torque even with one wheel slipping or lifted.

>the ease at which a car could be launched into a crash was relatively realistic in dirt rally
relative to what, Sega Rally?

>When i say working i mean accurate. The aero was very primitive and flawed in Rally. The tyre model was fairly poor too and really limited the the usefulness of the load transfer and braking/accel limits.
Yes, go on, how do you reach these conclusions exactly, what exactly makes you go "Ah yes, I can see/feel, that the aero is much better now"
same thing for the tyre model.
On the differential you got me, that's easy enough to test and in dirt rally it wasn't accurate.

relative to real life, if you don't believe me check some youtube videos of rally crashes, you will notice that the ease at which cars get fucked is similar, the only real difference is that cars have a bit more weight to them, so they don't flip through the air as much.

[x] Doubt

Under 10 people have run R4s in the UK and none of them have also competed in historics.

Gran Turismo is peak simulation value

Is Assetto Corsa the best simcade?

>a bit more weight to them, so they don't flip through the air as much
talk about understatements

SHiT Rally's crashes are massively flawed, partially because of the lightness, but mainly because the ground/world is perfect solid and instead of absorbing any amount of energy from the hurling car, it just reflects it all and the car bounces off like a rubber ball off a concrete block

in stages like in Wales or Greece, something like 98% of the road has these huge piles of gravel on both sides of the road - normally a loose material, but in the game it's just a solid ramp that will make the car launch into orbit

i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

this post always puts a grin on my face and i don't know why

Here's a tip; lower your FBP by 30-40% or just disable your front brakes, lower RBP by 20-30% and turn off ALL of your fucking assists. I do this and average the top 1% in lap times.

hhere's a tip
if its forza horizon 3 forget everything and shoehorn ls's and awd systems into everything you own
makes you faster

fucking major deja vu here

muh nissan

Well, I stopped playing after 4, but in 4 everything that isnt AWD feels like FWD, and FWD is suicide-tier. If Horizon 3 is similar, just take my advice and stop being a pleb.

Another thing you could try is manually cutting engine power to the wheels using the clutch; which is why I say to turn off all your assists. Clutchbreaking (lol) really helps with turn radius in Forza.