/hldg/ - Half Life Demise General

The sticky might die but the discussion will carry on. What did you feel yesterday, closure or an even deeper grief?

>Original coded ep. 3 briefing: marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
>Decoded with correct names: pastebin.com/q9DMFa7c
>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o

last

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cv-ZwjB5hQs
youtu.be/KBnm3j7oCx0?t=445
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6EGdYhuuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KBnm3j7oCx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this doesn't have to be a cancerous general fuck off

Walp, I had just made a new one with a call to arms :/

I REFUSE to believe there were enough delusional Pcbros left on this board to necessitate these threads. Nobody had hope in Valve in 2017 for god sake.

The original plan for HL2 was so much cooler.

Coming into City 17 at the dead of night when it's raining, seeing the ruins of earth's armies on the plains before you reach the city (while in transit on the train).

They removed a buttload of plot exposition too to please the autists who whine about muh environmental storytelling.

youtube.com/watch?v=cv-ZwjB5hQs

I honestly believe that HL3 was being developed for the longest time, but I think they got too overly ambitious ran into tons of problems and the project collapsed.

It's a fucking travesty but a lesson to be learned to other developers that yes, quality games do need time to make instead of being churned out yearly, but there is still a window

Sorry dude but generals belong on Veeky Forums, firstly, secondly this topic doesn't realy necessitate a general at all, and thirdly despite my previous 2 statements I gotta say the HL threads I've been on the past couple of days have been some of the /comfiest/ experiences on /v/ all year, along with the Grimoire shit too.

>post yfw when half life 3 was going to have shootouts in non euclidean luxury liners in space

Reposting from the last thread:

Today, I went from an 88 game wishlist on Steam to an 18 game wishlist. I went through my entire wishlist and found the games that existed on gog, the humble store, and on consoles, and got rid of them one by one. For the 18 remaining, I will probably email the indie developers if I can pay them directly with paypal for a steam cd key, and for the non-indie games I will probably purchase them on g2a. If neither of those options exist, I just won't purchase them.

We can get our games without Steam, guys. We can give them the finger. You don't have to give up your current games, and you don't have to delete your Steam account, but you CAN stop all future purchases and you CAN ask your friends and family to do the same.

Did anyone had a moment while reading the leak, for the last paragraph of it ending on a beach?

I sorta had a brain-fart moment and connected with HL2 lost coast.

You deal with a fisherman that sorta knows you, go to a church, kill zombies.

At the church is a glass portrait of dr.freeman

is lost coast the end of episode 3?

Discussing a game its fine. Discussing it for several threads for a finite amount of time its also fine.

Making a general its not.

>inb4 Valve psy-ops trying to dissuade.

This'll show'em

So, what can we do to get their attention? Some people have been talking about how spamming GTA V with negative reviews got Rockstar to back down on their bad anti-modding practices (keep in mind they take a lot of pride in their review scores), could we call out Valve in the same way through negative HL2 reviews? Apparently it's been tried in the Dota 2 page but fanboys are fighting back.

Also, to all the people saying this must to go Veeky Forums, the issue is somewhat urgent and needs immediate action on it. Treat is as a string of threads rather than a general if you want to, this requires the collective effort of /v/ rather than the niches of Veeky Forums.

Subtle and great

Damn, too cool for school

holy fuck, you're right.

>General
"No!"

>Implying people on this board have any willpower
Its ogre user, the average """"PC"""" Steam user will be outraged for a week and then drop $200 in the next sale. Your gaming rig is basically a glorified console with ez piracy now

Oh

My

God

There's nothing that can be done. Even if we were to all turn steam off, it'd be like a small mosquito bite on them.

Valve are the Combine and Steam is their Dyson Sphere

Marc Laidlaw left for a reason

It's over, accept this fact and move on with your life

MAYBE you'll get lucky enough to get some shitty multiplayer game with microtransactions up the ass set in the same universe as Half Life and Portal. Maybe.

the end of the story is there, so how much until some autists make the game?

I'm just """"happy"""" I finally got closure.

we need a archive and screen cap asap.

I'm reinstalling hl2 lost coast to see what fisherman fuckboy has to say

this leak is gay as shit but I still have a match-lit hope.

I don't even care if i know now, I still want to play, even if its 2003-tier source engine graphics.

I guess the next /hldg/ should probably be put on Veeky Forums. Just put it here so people could migrate more easily because bump-limit.
If people actually careI do
t. OP

what is not fine about a general? It's for discussing a game and shitposting it's the perfect match in heaven, stop being a cranky cia nigger.

Defeatists will give up, but they might still have the steam to fight if we keep shouting to keep shoving. The time for change is now.

the thing about source engine is that it's visually pleasing as fuck. it doesn't look bad at all, it's timeless.

Nothing, really. It's been too long for me to really care, HL faded into irrelevance for me a long, long time ago. I would still have played EP3/HL3 though, even though I hadn't been actually waiting for them anymore.

If you numbskulls really wanted to do something about HL3/ep. 3 then quit buying shit from steam.

The problem is, Veeky Forums doesn't have as much visibility as regular /v/, unless we try and get everyone who posts about Half Life in here to join the discussion there. Either we start organizing as an action group with some form of plan to get Valve's attention or we're effectively doomed.

i wish for half life 3 for my birthday (aug 24th)

this happens next day

its my fault

>I'm so emotional! Everyone delete ur steam accounts guys!

What the fuck

There was no doubt HL2 EP3 and HL3 were probably in development, fucking Arkane was working on Ep 4 for example. But I have less of a feeling they got overly ambitious and more that they wanted to focus on multiplayer shooters for quick cash and long term game development.

I can't believe consoles and G2A seem more appealing now than relying on Valve, since all Steam does is reinforce the belief to keep doing this shit.

Same. I knew it was over when Marc Laidlaw left, I'm just glad he showed us what HL2:EP3 would have looked like if Valve didn't go Nu.

Already did so years ago desu.

there's still combine around

You guys do realize Valve is going full kike and will just let that piece of shit Jew J.J Abrams finish the series with the movie

lost coast is ep 3

lmfao

fuck my life

genius

>don't pay Steam but still use Steam
No, this is irrational. It's irrational to at the same time wish to harm Valve's viability as a company but to somehow still care about the games held into your Steam account. If Valve goes under Steam is dead and your account with it.

Just drop Steam entirely and don't give them any money, at least that way you're not trying to kneecap your own investment.

Same user, fishfucker says

"Scientist chap thats friedmen.... fishman... freeman, or whatever, right?"

dude, this is totally the end of hl2 ep 3. god damn dude.

here is the ending btw

"Where are you going, you're getting fuzzy around the edges, oh i guess you got places to be"

DUDE WTF

half life lost coast is the end of HL2 EP3

duuude

Wrong board. Veeky Forums is that way.

Back to will you, no one gives a fuck on how he ruined your previous Star Wars by not having an entirely white cast.

I'm not asking anyone to delete their steam account. I'm asking them to stop future purchases with Steam, and consider other options like GoG, the Humble Store, or even G2A if you don't care about the developer. Hell, you could probably even email an indie developer if you can buy their game straight from them with paypal because they'd get 100% of the cut and all the have to click is like 3 times to generate a steam key.

I don't care about any of that

He's a lazy hack of a director who is overrated thanks to nepotism

Do you think people who care about half life dont exist becauae its not talked about?
Its nit talked about becauae theres been no real news in 10 years, so theres nothing to talk about.
But now we have a new chapter and an actual fucking conclusion to Half life 2. You driveling fucking retard.

>people pretending HL was some amazing franchise and not boring generic churned out by committee crap

Is this some new reddit meme?

>HL2ep3 came before HL2ep1

Lost coast was Literally Cut Content from HL2. It was supposed to Connect to Highway 17 but they cut it due to time restraints. It was released later as a Tech Demo for their HDR on source.

There are ways to reclaim your games, like Source Ports. You can even look into Steam cracks for your games, if you wanted to try. But all I ask is to consider purchasing from anywhere else.

Back to with you

I can tell you were born in 1999-2001 from this post.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Corporation

>was

fucking genius everyone fuck with the page subtly

>Asking to pay a dev directly

Can't believe I've never thought of this. Next time there's an indie title I want, I'll try this. Thanks for the idea, user.

TFA was shitty for other reasons familia.

Subtle is best, it'll last longer. Mess with it too much and it'll just get fixed within the hour.

Wew lad this is sad. Half Life isn't even that good

holy shit

Honestly, it's the best way to go about it if you really care about the game and the developer. Your money goes right into their pocket.

fuck off

Why are you desperate to hurt Valve when you're clearly a massive Valve fanboy?
Only a Valve fanboy would believe that nu-valve is at all capable of making good games anymore. That they could just shit out some amazing sequel but the only thing stopping them is that they don't 'feel like it'.
Anybody who was actually paying attention and not a memeing bandwagoner from recent events would have noticed that Half Life 3 stopped being possible around 2016, when basically everyone who had anything to do with it had left the company.

It's literally for the best if modern Valve doesn't make games anymore because they would be shit.

Stop holding onto your stale dead shell of cartoon. Simpsons hasn't been good since 97.

It might be, but god damn user, i mean, if you compare the leak to lost coast for the ending, its literal peanut butter and jam.

Its not like it was part of the teleporting scene from HL2.

you're laying down on a beach waking up to a old fucker sorta recognizing you, with a literal church dedicated for Freeman in the level, then getting teleported again (by the vorts?).

Dude, its my biggest brain fart yet. bigger then recognizing bulges.

>Half Life isn't even that good
STOP with this meme.

I fucking love his artwork

I hope he works on many more games.

>implying disneys starwars is bad just because of the forced non whites
Kek arent you retarded

Is Half-Life the most black pilled series ever?
>fight against monsters to save your friends
>fight against the odds of literal Lovecraftian Elder God and an inter-dimensional vast alien Empire
Poor Dr Freeman, he didn't deserve this.

>This game didnt appeal to me so it has to be bad and you're all faggots for liking it

It was always about the tech, not the gameplay.

The opening and Ravenwood were the ONLY parts of 2 that were above average

I'm desperate to show a message that they have failed want they even promote in their employee handbook. They don't care about what's best for the Steam community or what we would like, they only care about their wallets and how deep their pockets can get. It's time to tell them to Fuck off. We don't want Artifact, we don't want phone games. It's time for change.

screencap this you nogs

>deliver the crystal that opens the portal to xen because I feel like it
>hinder and help people whenever the fuck I feel like it
>guy who stops some dumb alien did a pretty good job so I basically kidnap him to use a jobber for whatever the fuck I feel like
>plop him in serbia 20 years later and have him topple an alien empire because I feel like it
>use his girlfriend to deliver a message to her father that he's going to die just to fuck with him because I feel like it
>as the dumb jobber nears the alien headquarters steal his girlfriend to use as my butt-slut and laugh at him for being a retard and doing what I wanted just because I fucking felt like doing it
>mfw

Why are you still fighting combine there?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6EGdYhuuQ
Somehow, I feel this whole album fits.

>The opening and Ravenwood were the ONLY parts of 2 that were above average
>what is Nova Prospect
>what is Entanglement
>what is anti citizen one
>what is the citadel

Get fucked retards

FUCK YOU MODS

Mods confirmed for being in Valve's back pocket

If what you want is games like Half Life then you want something that they are no longer capable of giving you

>he didn't like the urban sections in the game
disgusting shit taste

bumpo

It's not the same here.

Welp, I guess it's in Veeky Forums now :^)

Fucking mods. Anyway if anyone's still here I made a screencap of the stuff the presumed ex-Valve guy was posting last thread.

The ending clearly says that crashing the Borealis into the Dyson Sphere did little to no damage, the Combine is still on Earth and the resistance still carries on, many years later.

suck a dick faggot i hope that the mods cum will not quench your thirst

the mmo thing fucks with my head so hard
it's no nuts and I wouldn't believe ANYONE saying it otherwise but this guy has the book as proof

No one cares about your autism thread. It deserves to be on this shit board

Sorry user its litteral been 10 YEARS since I last opened it.

I remember headcrabs, a few zoms, and yeah, combines.

At the church there has dr.freemans portrait.

I mean I'd believe it. Keep in mind this is 2008 Valve we're talking about here, when they actually still believed they were a game company on the cutting edge of technology.

It makes literally no difference.

>Moved to Veeky Forums
Thank fucking god.

Enjoy rotting here.

You are the cancer killing /v/

FUCK the mods

Yeah but a fucking half life MMO

Would it be the rebels clearing out combine stuff and basically cleaning out the planet since the combine is stranded? Only angle I can think of

Walp, the book doesn't prove much, he could have just made the autographs by himself.

Also, why the fuck is his timestamp from the future?

THIS is why you NEVER put the word "general" in the OP, retard.
Enjoy not being able to talk about Half-Life in /v/ for the next few days because >muh off topic

youtube.com/watch?v=KBnm3j7oCx0

>hl2 lost coast is the end hl2 ep3
>hl2 lost coast is hl2 ep3
>mfw