/utg/ - Undertale general

No One Else Made A Thread So Im Making Another Asgore One Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita Now!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJA2ggU0AMQObm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKTSteU0AE0CAC.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKS2BDVYAA3syH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH2OGgPUQAAEI8i.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIF-dtoUwAA6-33.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIHyuC4VoAAx3H-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DII-hiBUAAA8uiX.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CeygnsfUAAAau_P.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHroTwHUIAAjmmn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKqYXRXsAEpyRQ.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DII8UvSUMAA_eGD.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH__xh1V0AE8WDV.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKz_NfUIAICg8O.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKEuU6VwAAn5n-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILMJBZUIAAou3P.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKpyfFVYAAV8C1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH__w2KU0AA1d-C.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKgpJIU0AAzJeX.jpg:orig
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DIKj5GFVoAEpSA-.mp4
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKRWaGVoAAqhc3.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DII4-5zUQAAIQxi.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Co3dXj4UMAATdMy.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJCHiMUAAADt5e.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJ6XNRUAAEsd-i.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKT1YOUIAErv4B.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKZy36VwAIfely.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKVXzmVwAQV9hU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKThU7UMAEECGS.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKCnHCVYAErDCF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKTBZCV0AAARB8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKQaIpUMAE8Ny5.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKYaMPUIAQdagh.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIIodf_U0AABDe-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKxNA4UMAA6p6G.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILJ2ulVoAAMtGH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILOdijU0AEHwrt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIH8yPDV0AAfFL3.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIK1vkRVYAAgYcU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILRCzDW0AEJQSl.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIFqkctUAAADYra.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKR-rGU0AIu5Lh.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIFkV2TU0AAVrUc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DFevZAnUQAE8EI5.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJpwiVUMAAW2c1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH__yM7VoAALNxm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKVTRIVYAEg5I7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKVKn7UwAArJEt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIFJToPVoAAx4Xl.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMHj10UIAAWTg8.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUnJdEVYAACb5m.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUnJjNUwAA_XHZ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DERxn_XUAAAP7Cq.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DERxn_TU0AAkMt_.jpg:orig
archiveofourown.org/works/11916129
youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1jGrrNork
youtube.com/watch?v=Nru316NF2h0
youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk
somescrub.tumblr.com/tagged/alphys
discord.gg/bFEVuuv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder that genocide is the only perfect ending.

I have too many pictures so i'm going to have to make two (2) posts. Sorry for the spam

>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJA2ggU0AMQObm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKTSteU0AE0CAC.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKS2BDVYAA3syH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH2OGgPUQAAEI8i.jpg:orig
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIF-dtoUwAA6-33.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIHyuC4VoAAx3H-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DII-hiBUAAA8uiX.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/CeygnsfUAAAau_P.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHroTwHUIAAjmmn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKqYXRXsAEpyRQ.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DII8UvSUMAA_eGD.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH__xh1V0AE8WDV.jpg:orig
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKz_NfUIAICg8O.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKEuU6VwAAn5n-.jpg:orig
>Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILMJBZUIAAou3P.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKpyfFVYAAV8C1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH__w2KU0AA1d-C.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKgpJIU0AAzJeX.jpg:orig
>Sans
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DIKj5GFVoAEpSA-.mp4
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKRWaGVoAAqhc3.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DII4-5zUQAAIQxi.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/Co3dXj4UMAATdMy.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJCHiMUAAADt5e.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJ6XNRUAAEsd-i.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKT1YOUIAErv4B.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKZy36VwAIfely.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKVXzmVwAQV9hU.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKThU7UMAEECGS.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKCnHCVYAErDCF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKTBZCV0AAARB8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKQaIpUMAE8Ny5.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKYaMPUIAQdagh.png:orig
>Gaster
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIIodf_U0AABDe-.jpg:orig

FRIENDLY REMINDER

THAT THE SHITTER IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME AND SHOULD NOT BE REPLIED TO.

Instead of replying to him, post your fave doing something stupid! (We've had several threads go by not reaching the image limit, so this should be fine)

part 2
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKxNA4UMAA6p6G.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILJ2ulVoAAMtGH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILOdijU0AEHwrt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIH8yPDV0AAfFL3.png:orig
>vulcan
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIK1vkRVYAAgYcU.jpg:orig
>Jack Frost
pbs.twimg.com/media/DILRCzDW0AEJQSl.jpg:orig
>that hand monster you know the one
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIFqkctUAAADYra.jpg:orig
>Asriel + chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKR-rGU0AIu5Lh.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIFkV2TU0AAVrUc.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DFevZAnUQAE8EI5.jpg:orig
>humans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJpwiVUMAAW2c1.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH__yM7VoAALNxm.jpg:orig
>fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKVTRIVYAEg5I7.jpg:orig
>Toriel + kids
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIKVKn7UwAArJEt.jpg:orig
>Mettatblook + shyren
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIFJToPVoAAx4Xl.jpg:orig
>Undyne + Papyrus + omega vines
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHMHj10UIAAWTg8.png:orig
>Chara is a little shit
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUnJdEVYAACb5m.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUnJjNUwAA_XHZ.jpg:orig
>Frisk protecting the skeletons from the fandom
pbs.twimg.com/media/DERxn_XUAAAP7Cq.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DERxn_TU0AAkMt_.jpg:orig

>>Jack Frost
>pbs.twimg.com/media/DILRCzDW0AEJQSl.jpg:orig
You're a good guy, Twitteranon.

ALRIGHT, one hot fresh writing request, coming right up!

archiveofourown.org/works/11916129

Enjoy! I promise there's no dead roaches in it

Fcukong hiro

>too many pictures.
That is the exact opposite of a problem.

Thanks Twitteranon.

I love you twitteranon

So this is still a thing, if you can believe it or not.

Whoops. Forgot the link.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1jGrrNork

What the fuck, even... Asriel is dead, and he got himself killed by refusing to defend himself...

This was a fun read.

Any time, man

Demi-friend with their team of Cu Chulainndyne, Voidsoujou, and Matador Papyrus against Mettatron when?

More good stuff is always appreciated, thanks!

YOU LIE

Pretty sure it's Frisk angsting about leaving him as Flowey in a super melodramatic way.

alphys what

Perhaps the roach was merely pining for the fjords.

MAHAHAHA
Yes I did
youtube.com/watch?v=Nru316NF2h0

me on the right

Alphys slim shady.

this is how asrielfags feel everyday. they have to try to change the games cannon or else they "failed" to try to save him.

Me under the bed.

alphys' butt!

NO!!! NO MORE!!!

I know. For I am one too

Also whoever was caring for Frisk before they came to the underground here was terrible at making clothes.

What if mumen rider fell in the underground?

Killed by Flowey first thing.

>tfw I saved my goat
feels good

Nah, he'd hold out long enough for Toriel to intervene.

Which begs the question: So Toriel has pretty much mothered all the children. How would she act if it was an adult? Would she still bar them from passing and demand they fight her

think this would make a good gaster mask if i paint it white and paint the eyes part of the old ones? thinking of carrying around a burlap sack of bones and one of those skeleton hand treat bag.

could upgrade my half assed sans mask with a cool mask with a glowy eye and a gaster blaster, but im too lazy.

Interesting. Go for it user!

I really don't understand why so many people fuck up Frisk and Chara's shirts. The black rim at the top is obviously a dark collar for a long-sleeved polo.

This is the official theme of Charafags now. Good advice by the way

youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk

moar

>How would she act if it was an adult?
She'd still ask for them to call her mommy.

Don't forget the mouth and to make one eyesocket 'bigger' (with paint).

When are we dying?

>November 2015
How the fuck is he/she still working on that?

She doesn't ask you to call her mother and gets sort of creeped out when you do and if you flirt with her afterwords she mocks your dumb ass in front of all your cool friends that fucking bitch how dare she next time i'll turn her into dust no one fucks with Frisk t. human and gets away with it

feels good man

They gave up and moved on?

There are only two pages so far user!
somescrub.tumblr.com/tagged/alphys

I die a little every day

Am from the cosplay board and that sounds good to me, hope you'll post!
I'm doing memeskel this year

wrong goat

As edgy as this is, is it better to kill Flowey or leave him alive? Being a soulless flower probably sucks a lot. But so does being dead.

ah ok. Thank you either way

>All these cute Paps
Thank you so much, Twitteranon!

Nah, check the description and comments. Still working on it. Somehow. Last update was 4 months ago.

pls stay determined

Why not let him decide? He's capable of suicide.

I thought her reaction to your calling her "Mom" and then flirting with her was an awkward sort of humor. Like "oh how silly they're acting".
I wonder what anime that's supposed to be. Off the top of my head is just SAO (because .hack// and Log Horizon don't quite have that same "everyone outside of the game knows people inside the game are trapped" and Log Horizon is less "trapped in game" and more "trapped in parallel dimension that somehow budded from a game").

>But so does being dead.
Why do you say that. The only people who complain about dying are people who aren't dead.

The non edgelord option is to just leave him alive and if at some point he wants to off himself hes free to. Its not as if he can reset anymore so at worst he might kill a few people and then get shot to death or something by the human police. He knows he can't go crazy with souls anymore so theres no danger of him becoming a god or whatever

She literally makes fun of you at the end of TP and tells all your friends about it and calls you a weirdo

You're right. It could totally rock for all I know. I guess I'll tell you when I'm dead.

yeah that was the idea. figure even if no one knows who i am, i would just be a creepy skeleton man asking for peoples bones. figure id go for a more creepy costume since my sans one was so bad it was good. when someone asked about my sans outfit a couple of years ago, i said "well, i guess you could say im a... Lazy Bones "

An argument could be made for a mercy kill. But I ain't giving him the satisfaction at the end of a neutral run, and I love the Mercy scene. Beyond that, dunno.

Well, I didn't Flirt with her outside of the demo so...

>Flowey can kill himself
Are you havin' a giggle m8?
The only way he can die is to be killed by somebody with enough determination that he can't load his save.

The whole reason he found out about that power is because he DID kill himself and it didn't "stick".

>He's capable of suicide
All of this started because he clearly wasn't capable. Or willing.

The spider a cute! CUTE!!!

>But I ain't giving him the satisfaction at the end of a neutral run
Yeah, I know how you feel.

The spider is sexy

He survived because of a combination of having the most determination in the underground and last-moment doubts about the afterlife.
Post-TP he's not the one with the most determination (Frisk has more). Even if he did, he would have to not fully want to die in order to survive.

Its almost as if in all the endings where you can decide his fate his save ability has been overwritten so now he can't do that anymore!

As of TP he can't even become a god because he knows that it will fuck him up due to the guilt so hes pretty much harmless now. There's no real reason to kill him unless you want to be really edgy or something. If he feels that life has become unbearable he can always take matters into his own hands but until then let him do what he wants. Hes a conscience being and deserves that much.

There is literally no good reason to murder him during a TP run although I will say its justified during a neutral one

But can the Spider pray enough times to defeat Giygas!?

Awesome! Thanks so much for doing my request!

>There is literally no good reason to murder him during a TP run
I mean, you can't, even if you wanted to.

But why hasn't the spider achieved world peace?!

You are very welcome

Reminder that there's hope for all of us and that you're loved and important.
Stay determined, anons.

Yeah I know but i'm going off the idea that some people seem to be proposing that it would be a mercy killing even then. It was a big part of that one Charafags genocide is great speech about how its so great because you get to free Asriel from his pain or whatever bullshit they were trying to push.
If Asriel really wants to die he can do so whenever he wants now. Hes no longer trapped in that cycle of resetting and getting bored and resetting again and then getting bored again and etc etc etc

No, that'd be Frisk, Undyne, or one of the Amalgamates.
Because money does not flow in as greater quantities at a time in a peaceful world.
And if someone tries to get you to kill yourself or tries to gaslight you, kick them in the fucking balls?

>If Asriel really wants to die he can do so whenever he wants now
Can he? His uncertainty about the afterlife for a soulless being would probably keep him from shuffling off this mortal coil. Especially now that he knows that all decisions are final.

Yes, if he wants to off himself he can throw himself into a wood chipper. There is literally nothing stopping him except for his own desire to not die. Taking that choice away from him, especially since hes pretty harmless now, is not a mercy but you selfishly choosing his fate for him because you think that you know best about someone elses life.

you're basically saying I lack the ability to kill myself because i'm scared of going to hell. That's just a dumb thing to say because I still have the option too I just don't want to for various reasons

You're right. To do that would be selfish. But that doesn't change the fact that there are many people who would choose the option were it available.

I'm gonna hug that spider!
Sure! She could, but there is an easier way to defeat Giygas: asking nicely! The spider has enough cuteness to make it work!
Easy! That's because there are still people who refuse the cuteness! It is up to them to accept it and improve themselves!

I would kill him because he's still very powerful and there's absolutely no reason to think he won't become a psycho-killer again eventually.

>he's still very powerful
I don't think he could do much without the power to save and load or human souls.

Those people are idiots that completely missed the point of what Flowey was saying when you reboot the game after TP.

Undertale is over and you did it. You gave the monster race their freedom and saved Asgore, Toriel and Asriel from the self imposed cycles of hatred and misery they were stuck in. Yeah you didn't fix everything one hundred percent and make everything wonderful forever but you did the best you could and sometimes that's really all you can do. You gave the most people you could hope and happiness and you have to hope that everything works out for the best because your time with the game is over and you need to be able to let go and let them live their new lives as best as they can.

That's what genofags don't seem to understand. Undertale isn't about getting a perfect ending where everyone is happy and everything is over forever because that's not what life is about. Its about trying to do the best you can and to make a difference when and where you can and having the ability to be able to let go and admit to yourself that sometimes all you can do is try your best and sometimes all your best amounts to is picking up the broken pieces and going from there. That's a major flaw of the entire goat family including Chara and its what ultimately leads to everyone being so unhappy. Asgore is unwilling to break his promise, Toriel is unwilling to swallow her price, Asriel is unwilling to stop abusing his power and Chara was unwilling to let go of her hatred of humanity and that's what damned her to become a demon (or a ghost that follows Frisk around,whatever you believe it doesn't really matter the point is the same). After TP Asgore and Toriel have a chance to reconcile to a degree rather that be getting back together, becoming friends or just being able to tolerate each other in the same room for Frisk's sake and Flowey has the chance to find new ways to entertain himself that aren't self destructive and harmful to other. Its a good ending.

He's still got pretty nasty magic though, and could probably be a danger to monsters.

So could a monster like Toriel or Asgore or fuck anyone with a gun. The point is that Flowey has no reason to kill anymore and he can't become a god so hes stuck at his base powerlevel which is strong but not immortal. There's no real reason to kill him when hes not a danger

There's only two people who use unavoidable bullet patterns. Flowey and Sans. And you have to surrender to sans for him to use that.

Determination makes people immortal, but its killing intent that gives a monster attack power and defense. That's why Undyne and Sans are the only hard enemies in a Geno run.

>Toriel is unwilling to swallow her price
I meant pride

Or you can reject that ending and kill everyone. Both are equally valid options. The game only "punishes" you if you try and have your cake and eat it too.

Is there a Discord server for this General?

its valid but its clearly not the intended ending. See the fact that Toby set the Q&A a couple of months post TP and there isn't a single hint soulless ever happened. If Toby ever makes a sequel then you can bet his ass hes going to base it off normal TP because that's the only way the story can progress. The creators intentions are untimely the final say on the matter so in the end TP is canon and genocide is just a what if game mode

Bah. Chara's just an uppity little shit.
At the point when the game's become that meta, its like she's challenging you to find a way to delete your sins and regain control of the program.

>its valid but its clearly not the intended ending
Death of an Author. It's hard to say that any ending is more canon than another in a franchise with only one game. I don't think Toby would have anything to say in the matter, considering that he's all for player choice. Your end to the story of the Underground is yours and yours alone.

discord.gg/bFEVuuv

There are a couple. One is from the olden days with too many Asrielfags and other horrible things done, the other is more normal and has people sheltering from trolls in there. One of the people who you could consider a drawfag once in a blue moon tries to abduct drawfags into his personal discord.

>See the fact that Toby set the Q&A a couple of months post TP
Probably because a post genocide Q&A would be pretty fucking boring.

>the other is more normal
Well, I guess nazis are becoming more of a normal thing these days.

You can't just invoke death of the author when canon content has already been made showing that you're wrong. Toby made the Q&A and its canon so its the final say on the matter until the next one or until he does something new. What your doing would be the same as if someone read Lord of the Rings up until book 2 and then just declared that it was the canon ending and everything after it was death of the author. Its nonsensical and childish
Point still stands. It was choosen as the canon ending because it was the only interesting one that could have something worth continuing off of. That makes it the trur ending

finally someone that gets it. personally i was joking about geno to get their goat. but you pretty much summarized everything about undertale that people seem to miss or overlook in favor of what they believe SHOULD have happen/ed.

>Death of an Author
If you go down that path, then you may as well ignore canon altogether.

Technically, there's nothing wrong with that - everyone is free to their own interpretation - but don't force it on others.

>Toby made the Q&A and its canon
In a timeline where the human did true pacifist, sure.