Admit it!

Wagons are better than crossovers or in most cases.

but wagons ARE better than crossovers
why would anybody disagree

They're uglier though, worse in less than optimal terrain as well.

Buick Regal Tourx is more attractive than literally any suv you can find

I don’t get how people think these aren’t ugly, even in comparison to crossovers.

Dude that shit looks awful, a CH-R is more attractive.

wagon is the best body style for cars, closely followed by lifted wagons and hatches.

I hate that American's have some infatuation with size. Girlfriend looking at SUVs...
>hun why do you care so much about third row seeting?
>because I want kids!!!!
>But even if you have 3 kids, a Jetta still seats 5...?
>shut up!

>rant no over

Friends looking at SUVs
>This one just isn't roomy enough
>uhm, how do you mean?
>This other SUV just felt like it had way more foot room.

Like what the fuck, I'm going to pay 10k more and get 20% less gas mileage just because I want to be able to fit the entire spare tire next to my feet in the front passenger seat, and still have room to host the winter Olympics.

How are you going to fit three car seats in a Jetta? Or have fun driving your car?

>having 3 kids all within a 2 years
>not wanting the older siblings to be leaders for their younger siblings
>insinuating a wife wont drive kids to school while I drive to work giving her 5 seats and 4 people to fit in the car.
>insinuating 3rd row seating makes sense at all

They both

suck ass.

>children in the front seat
You just aren’t getting it, are you?

>3rd row makes sense at all
It was pretty nice having elbow room last time I rode in a 3rd row. Sometimes you need to fill up seats with adults and not children.

The point about kids is valid. You have to have room to take them places. and as they get older they will have friends and there could be situations where you're taking them places.

I guess thats fair. I'm still unmarried without kids and the prospect of 3 fucking kids and 3 more of their fucking friends in a car blows my mind.

Again if you don't pump em out 1 year apart thats no big deal. By the time the oldest is 4 you have your third child and hes old enough for the front seat.

And the elbow room thing, again this could be fair but I owned my BRZ for a few years now and have only had to put 2 additional adults in the car 2 or 3 times and it was to go down the road.

My whole point is that people are developing this infatuation with enormous vehicles and it only puts more stress on the roads, infrastructure, and gas prices.

I know wagons are a different argument but a mother with two grown children commuting alone in a pickup truck into a city makes no sense to me.

>sub 20mpg
>trucks are getting more and more overpriced

>My whole point is that people are developing this infatuation with enormous vehicles

This is nothing new, and hardly anyone likes small cars. Trucks are insanely comfortable these days compared to standard car too.

Still drives me nuts, along with the higher and higher ride heights that everyone loves.

confirmed for poor taste

Ah I see why you don't get it now. Yeah it's gonna seem unrealistic until you're in the thick of it. You could have 1 kid and still have an outing with 3-4 of their friends; it's a part of life but it's fun seeing them enjoy themselves being young.

Looks like an ugly Volvo. Wagons are a meme.

Yeah. You can't legally put a 4 year old in the front seat in some places. You definitely can't do it safely.

4 year old in the front seat is a red flag for a bad parent

And just because you only ever had 2 friends in your car a couple of times doesn’t mean everybody else is friendless

After reading this thread the conclusion is to buy a 7.3 diesel excursion, its literally perfect

Cuck

Indeed. But there's a startling lack of AWD wagons that will actually perform well off-road. Subaru pretty much has all the decent offerings and they all have stupidly slow CVTs now.

What are some other options? I already looked at the golf alltrack and that simply won't do. It's a damn good car, but the ground clearance sucks and you can't lift them easily.

Are wagons supposed to be offroad cars? Suburu "wagons" keep getting bigger and taller to the point they're indistinguishable from suvs. When I think of sporty wagons' off-road capabilities, like the Buick tourx, I think of it carrying the family and a dog and parking in the grass to find a nice picnic spot in a state park, not climbing sand dunes in the middle of nowhere. Offroadsters are Jeep Wranglers.

Minivans are better than wagons

crossovers are the biggest meme the auto industry has ever known.

>stupidly slow CVTs
Have you even driven one before?

CVTs aren’t slow just because you don’t like them. The CVT on the Outback with a 3.6R is plenty quick.

favorite wagon right now
too bad these tanks are pricey as fuck

xc90 a best
t.V70 T5 owner

I literally cannot guess the manufacturer
State of car design in 2018

state of your knowledge on cars

All Buicks look similar. Buick is a good example of a car company with solid design language across all their cars.

>comparing wagons to crossovers
>not buying either a high end sedan or pick up truck to do either economical commuting or utility needs

Car seats are wider than the actual seats are.
A wagon is enough to seat three side by side once they're a bit older, but then they can't have friends along with them, and you need a trailer if you're going anywhere that requires luggage.

Do some thinking user.

Not hardcore off-roaders, but "adventure cars" if you lift them. The result is a car that can handle most paths, has good cargo space, handles like a car, and gets good gas mileage.

>Wagons are better than crossovers or in most cases.
Everyone knows this except soyboys and women who are told by marketers that cars with "more visibility" are inherently safer than cars with a much lower center of gravity and longer wheelbase. It's laughable.

>Subaru
>Good gas milage
We pay $120/w in gas.

The newer ones get the best gas mileage of any comparable AWD

Don't mean to bring it up again but the regal tourx is lifted quite high, more than most wagons

>Buick

Bu-yuck.

Yeah technically. Too bad most wagons are $50k+ in North America. At that price point you might as well get a crossover or CCSB.

>Subaru outback: ~$25k new
>VW alltrack: ~$25k new

in 100% of cases*

> wagons are sh-

Yeah but 140hp and 3600lbs with a CVT or a VW that's basically crossover weight... It's no wonder why they don't sell. That's not exactly great value for the price. The VW is creeping into nice crossover or pickup truck territory.

-t

Yeah the Subarus are disappointing these days.

The VW golf wagons are fucking epic. Certainly not crossovers, they're rather small actually. Problem is you'd have to be a German engineer to lift one, it's no simple task. Even their alltrack which is supposed to be an offroad model is pretty low.

Wrong

What's so great about them? They're expensive grandma-mobiles with American reliability.

I can confirm CVT being horribly slow, I've test driven 170hp Levorg with it.. great car but it really needs the 2.0liter with 300hp which is only available in Japan....subaru is really stupid these days

Wagons are ugly as fuck but cuckovers are still worse. Fuckin hideous mallcrawler abominations, I cringe every time I see a macan

Brainlet. Buicks are great value for the price and are renown for their reliable. Stop posting.

>cars with "more visibility"
Average crossover is a fucking bunker.