RIP My Truck

My truck lit on fire yesterday. No idea why. I've had it for over fifteen years. It wasn't my daily driver anymore but really bummed, kinda had sentimental value.

Sorry for the blog post.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9mhTbDe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

F

in the end, even if a chrysler product has been nice to you, it'll always betray you in the end.

F

Goddamn. Chrysler products are a self writing joke.

F

I guess so. Even the tranny held up in this thing....until the truck literally lit on fire.

I don't drive it much anymore, something must have been leaking in just the right place. It was started and then on the way out to get fuel bam loud metallic pop and it immediately started billowing smoke. Tried to get it away from the building but it wouldn't start, luckily didn't burn my office down or, had I made it to the fuel station, had it caught on fire there.

Be fortunate it want out this way.
At least you didn't stoop low enough to sell it on Craigslist for some extrmely high price.
I hate all the retards selling these things on Craigslist for practically the same damn amount that bought it for. Muh Cummins. Jesus Christ, those people are such pieces of work.

>a dodge burned up
oh no.

F

I don't know what it is about these trucks, but the front end is just so ugly. The previous generation got the look right, but to this day the RAM just looks frumpy and lumpy.

always wondered what you do in this situation. did you call fire department to put it out? do they just roll up, put it out and leave? do you have to pay anything/any fees after they leave? and then do you just get it towed to a junk yard and that's it?

>be FCAshit owner
>burn to death

Dodge trucks look like a big nose dog desu

Engine performance gauges above regular gauge cluster. hmmm. Does that mean you modded your engine to do 65psi of boost, you put tuner chips, and shoddy wiring all over the place?

>always wondered what you do in this situation. did you call fire department to put it out? do they just roll up, put it out and leave?
They roll up, put it out, and leave.

First was the fire extinguisher and hose phase, and when that wasn't working (since couldn't get into the hood/air pocket in there I guess) called the Fire Department. The fire extinguishers and water just helped it from spreading I guess. Once they got there they cut into the hood and then put it out.

>do you have to pay anything/any fees after they leave?
No.

>and then do you just get it towed to a junk yard and that's it?
Yeah, so probably depends on the area but in my area the police department has a roving deal with the local tow companies, so whomever is next on the list gets called and the fees get passed on to them.

Since I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet and was at my office, I used a fork lift and straps to just pull it out of the way, put a cover on it, and then going to figure out what to do with it today at some point.

It was supercharged and had an aftermarket stereo - absolutely could have been a contributing factor, but everything was very cleanly done.

>It was supercharged and had an aftermarket stereo

>Im sorry sir, your insurance claim has been denied.

Lasted very well for a domestic.

F

thats what ya get for buying a shit car from shit company

._. thanks

Rip off what you can and sell it part by part.

That's a possibility. I claimed it on insurance and they are totalling the car obviously, but not sure if now that it is totalled if I can buy it back from them for what a salvage company would pay and then part it out on my own? Is that even an option?

I don't really have the time to do it on my own because of work right now, but, maybe could with a friend or something.

The 01-03 transmission issues were real, since then it's a very different ballgame. The ram's "longest lasting truck" claims are accurate, but start AFTER 2003, and that's why.

If Rams truly were garbage, they should be faaar and away worse than alll other brands, they are not.

>own a 22 year old chevy truck
>hasn't burst into flames

Hope it never does :(
F

Get a donor truck and start wrenching boy.

>Everything was very cleanly done
Translation: OP nigger rigged his wiring and modifications and burned down his own car

Smaller number is better m8. Ram his behind GMC, Chevy and Toyota on that list...

t. Ex-Dodge & Current Land Rover owner with Roadside's number programmed into phone.

you really hate yourself dont you.

After you get the initial kinks out the Land Rovers aren't so bad anymore. They do have quality issues though. I have an Range Rover Sport SVR and it's a fun SUV to drive, don't see them everywhere (Sports you do, not SVRs), I like the way it looks, and does all the daily driver people toting luggage stuff well. I also like the NVH properties of it and how isolated I feel inside.

When something does go wrong, my dealer picks it up with a flat bed at work and it's not really a big inconvenience for me. I'd say if you don't have a great dealership and live close to one, then you should consider something else.

But yeah, I do hate myself. ._.

car fire thread?!

my GF's 200...2? ford focus caught on fire on the interstate a month ago (pic related).

she's still using my car as a daily to get to work

this is an accurate portrayal of what happens, but you do have to pay the fee at the tow company for storage and then you have to pay more to get it towed to a scrap yard or crush place or wherever you find that will take the car as scrap. they paid us ~$150 for the car.

F.

Any idea what lit her car up?

What car do you drive?

The 545rfe in late 03 is fine

Op post pics under the hood i want to see just how screwed you are

she's driving my ls400 and I have an e30 to drive myself

unknown. the fire started somewhere in the engine bay and her brakes gave out before it was clearly visible. i never checked out the burnt car to give an opinion.

>I don't drive it much anymore
I sure hope so

Is your license plate really TENDIES? Where in Florida do you live? I'm in Miami.

oof

OP's pic shows a Miami-Dade Fire Rescue truck.

Cool cars (aside from the anime shit on the one). Much better than her forg bogus :D

F

Yeah I'm OP.

If you aren't already, you guys should come join the Fl/o/rida discord, were always looking for new people. Meets happen pretty often if you're into that sort of thing.
discord.gg/9mhTbDe

It was a dodge, nothing of value was lost

East Orlando and yes

i've raced on /ovg/ with some of the florida discord people afaik. you had a meetup at Orlando Kart Center when i was out of town, I would have gone.

F

>in the end in the end

Yes user, that's what he said.

If I see your car in Orlando, I'm fucking torching the gas tank

>Source?

If it's older than what ... '12 or '14? It's Daimler

That's 1500 gas truck, anything with a cummins is going to be impossible to buy without spending an arm and a leg unless there's something already horribly wrong with it.
That's not an FCA dodge.

>don't see them everywhere
The only place I see them is on the back of tow trucks

lol that's an awesome plate

If the frame.hasnt been cooked I'd buy the whole thing off you for tree fiddy

How many miles did it have on it?

Fuccing weeb, I would feel bad making my gf drive that thing, I hope your gf is cursed and makes those stickers burn off

I hope you get anal cancer :')

Not very many. I think only 36,000 or something. It was my daily driver between '01-'05, but then after that became just used when I needed a truck. Which was pretty rare, so it sat a lot. I think the sitting killed it more than milage would have. I was pretty good about moving it and doing maintenance, but, I donno.

>I would feel bad making my gf drive that thing
beta whiteknight faggot detected

Whole thing doesn't play right with me. Tendies meme is for robots, and robots don't have gfs.

what happened to the hood? did the firemen come to cut it up to extinguish the flames or what?

it looks like the engine exploded lol

Yeah they took a saw to it. Couldn't really get it out without that because of air trapped in there, once the hood was opened up it went out pretty easy. While we waited for them to get there all we could do was keep it from spreading with extinguishers and water but not really address the real problem in there.

Your car is giving it to me

in the end, it doesn't even matter in the end

it's all ironic, i don't watch anime.

my bmw, if it helps.

I don't like pickups but that's still depressing. I would be devastated if my old shitbox burned down. Sorry user.

Thanks user. I appreciate it. I put a cover over it because can't stand to look at it, going to try to get it picked up today.

Mine's 23 years old and has over 500k on the original engine.. she'll make it, just don't neglect her

Dat Buick tho.

Aqua
この素晴らしい世界に祝福を

honestly mate that's even worse...you're just pretending to be autistic for the irony?

That's fucking shocking hahahahaha kill yourself

If it's a Vortec I wouldn't worry too much.