#1263 - Sleepy edition

Old thread >The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/ imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Current DLC
?

>Upcoming Birthdays
August 22nd - Rolf
August 23rd - Nana and K.K. Slider
August 24th - Nan and Jacob
August 25th - Tipper
August 26th - Rowan
August 27th - Bangle
August 28th - Chrissy

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
None

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/Camper Reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

Other urls found in this thread:

thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/recommended-gifts-hazel
mediafire.com/file/q40u4l78c1gccz4/ACNL Fossil & Art & Bugs & Fish Checklist RC2.xlsx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How far out does the OP do upcoming holidays/events? Because Labor Day (NA only I think?) is next Monday (September 4th)

I haven't made a new thread in like two years.

Is that the thing? Edition is tied to whatever the nearest birthday is?

I still have Carrie in my RV campsite. Would anyone like to visit her?

Off to go do a really honest HHD mockup of what I want my NL room to be like.

I'll post it tomorrow night.

still haven't scanned anything for 8/26! anyone need anything?

AMIIBO
Cyrus
Digby
Isabelle (winter)
K.K. Slider
Mabel
Reese
Rover

CARDS
Bea
Billy
Buzz
Candi
Carrie
Cashmere
Chai (cinnamoroll)
Chelsea (my melody)
Claude
Etoile (twin stars)
Hopkins
June
Ketchup
Leopold
Maddie
Marty (purin)
Murphy
Norma
Pablo
Rex
Rilla (hello kitty)
Stella
Sylvana
Toby (keroppi)
Wade
Wade
Weber

Why do keep the "Current DLC" section?

It should cover the whole month.

No but it's a good chance to dedicate a thread to a villager.

Looks like I don't have a spare of that painting.

6/10 of my villagers are jock type. How did it come to this.
Also how can you influence where the home of an incoming villager will be built?

>can you influence where the home of an incoming villager will be built?

The OP doesn't mention the following birthdays in August
>Gruff
29th August
>Hazel
30th August

You can use the pattern method, canvassing your entire town with patterns laid out on the ground in certain arrangements and dimensions. This effectively creates "move in here only" areas. But you have to be extremely meticulous about it. It might be more trouble than you think it's worth

That's because he just copy-pasted the last one.

Most-likely, I'm not complaining though, I would've done the same. I'm just posting it to point it out; I personally have both Gruff and Hazel in my village

>I would've done the same
It's the thing that matters the most when making the new thread. Why bother if you're not gonna do it right?

That's why I don't make general threads, it's a bad habit I have yet to overcome

Paths, kind of.

>mfw every other day of the week in club LOL

>tfw wishlist is now less than a page long

>6/10 of my villagers are jock type.

How? Jocks have the worst pwps. And most of them aren't very visually appealing, unless you're a gay furry into steroid animals that brag about their sweaty muscles.

Somehow I think Hazel won't have anyone at her birthday party either way. But sucks for Gruff, he's cool.

Rude. I'm actually googling what to gift Hazel right now

thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/recommended-gifts-hazel

does that guide actually do anything? the animals seem to like whatever i give them. if anything they seem to prefer custom items the most.

>Jocks have the worst pwps

Nice way to spell smug

Rosie has been holding down the PWP fort for me. Once in a while I'm freaked out by a cultish suggestion by Octavian.

I've noticed a different reaction depending on the personality.

>Why do keep the "Current DLC" section?
Hope.

10 times out of 9 when I go there, there's no one else on the floor but Shrunk.

Are there any other galaxy/space-related items in the game besides the lunar horizon/galaxy floor?

False, she'll have ME at her birthday party. And probably Carmen because they're good friends.

I can think of a few off the top of my head. There's crater paper for stationery, the space shuttle, spaceman sam, the sun, the moon, asteroid, full moon vanity, lunar rover, there's a satellite, even a UFO. There's a space suit you can wear too if you collect all the pieces.

>water flowers every day for 2 weeks
>still no grass growing
What's it take?

Those are some good starting points! Thank you, I'll begin with those.

I'm always on the look out for more so we'll see just how many there are. If you have HHD and you link that data to ACNL, you can order the sun from the catalogue.

Hey /acg/, I struggle to play this game as I'll get really into it for a few days and then leave it alone for a few months, then come back and be overwhelmed by all the shit I have to do and catch up on. Whenever I come across the music for this game though it instantly makes me want to play again. What do you guys recommend I do about this?

mediafire.com/file/q40u4l78c1gccz4/ACNL Fossil & Art & Bugs & Fish Checklist RC2.xlsx

I added fish and bugs to the museum checklist because I was greedy at first and sold everything I got for bells and now I have a hard time keeping track of what I have and haven't donated yet.

You don't have to change much. If you make sure you take a break on a day when you've convinced someone not to move, then you can take as long a break as you like.

Bump

>Mott told me my baseball cap is cool
Awww. That hasn't happened in a while. Thanks buddy.

I have a Katie in my town ready to go. Any takers?

You can bring her to my town.

Okay, on my way...

Yes

Goddammit Resetti, gate's open again.

I'm suffering from several Resettis. Hope this works...

It's going to take you not walking on it at all and a month, the time it takes for a small acre of grass to dissipate from walking over it.

But I have to walk over them to water them. One of the areas is a big bald patch that I just covered with flowers.

Last fireworks of the season today.

I'm so ready for fall.

So I've seen some of you guys saying things like "I bought X amount of turnips", but how do you sell all of them? Is it possible to hold more than 1600 at a time when visiting another town (16 inventory slots)? Or is possible to store and withdraw them at the train station, even when you're in another town? I've never been too much into stalk market, I usually grind at the Island, but I need to make it big this time as house loans are getting way into 500k+ territory

>Or is possible to store and withdraw them at the train station, even when you're in another town?
You answered your own question user.

Comfiest time of the year coming up.

To give away I have:
1 moody painting (if you need it for your museum)
1 worthy painting (if you need it for your museum)
4 unassessed fossils

Whoever I bought this cushion from Carrie for, it's ready for pickup

I have all the standard ACNL Welcome Amiibo cards and figurines. Would anyone like me to scan a villager or NPC?

I was more or less looking for a confirmation as I haven't explored the game mechanics too much, thanks for clearing things up

Could I buy the worthy painting and could you have admiral visit? I don't have much in return aside from some perfect apples

I've scanned Admiral into my RV campsite. He has restaurant kitchen furniture. Would anyone like to visit him?

You can just have the worthy painting. Would you like to visit Admiral now?

sure! I can come right now for a bit. Would you like the perfect apples too?

Gate's open. No thanks, I have lots of perfect apples. If you'd like you can shake trees in my town for fruit you don't already have

entering the train station now! thanks!

I have Sheldon and I find him it amusing that a tiny squirrel talks about his abs and working out.

That sucks. Gate's open again. You'll have to do everything over again

hi I lost connection before I your items. could I please re-enter?

Thanks so much dude!!! you rock

turns out 2 of the 4 fossils were apato tails...the odds are so small

I love Mott's look. He looks like a gentle jock who plays hard for the team but also studies hard and keeps up with his homework. Just because he's getting into school on a football scholarship, doesn't mean he's not going to be a great student too.
Me too. Gonna boot up my space heater for maximum fall comfort.
I'm ready to pick it up whenever you are, thanks for buying it for me!

Gate's open

Ugh, got resetti'd out of nowhere

Try again

Phew, thanks again. Hope I didn't keep you from getting cleaning done!

Does anyone want Cherry? She's all ready to go in boxes!

>letting best pupper go

I got a Phoebe card and I want her as my uchi.

they're both top tier so I'll let you off

Blaire is moving on the 2nd. Would anyone like to adopt her?

Freya finally appeared in my town, and in a good spot too, though I had to plot reset. I like how the Police Station, Francine and Freya are all lined up, but Hazel is one square off

Got T-Bone in boxes today, anyone want him?

Looking to get back into this game for the upcomming fall college semester, so I re-built my town recently.

Being able to restart but sell your old town is such a nice feature. I haven't played in forever, so that was news to me.

Mott's a sweetheart. He lives in the most northwest corner of my town (north of me, he's one of my next-door neighbours) in a little forest.

Everybody talks positively about him. He lends books to Lily, seems to be going out with Marina (for years they went to each other's birthday parties), and is even polite to Sprinkle (who ALWAYS talks about him - wannabe homewrecker?). He's just an all-around decent guy.

Would anyone be willing to let me come to their town for a minute or two so I can fulfill a CAT objective?

I won't stay for long. I'm just going to get off the train, check off the CAT list, then get back on the train.

tfw plot reset ten times but tabby just moves her house placement every couple blocks in the same area

I spent a literal real life week once, anywhere from 2 to 6 hours per day, trying to plot reset for pietro

Villagers have higher chances of moving where the previous villager's house was iirc

>fer sure
That and the shirt tells me you got her from someone else.

Bump

Fucking hell really?
I guess that makes sense as it was Bam's previous house
I only forcibly evicted him because he decided he didn't want to move

free paintings!

Man, that's just good and nice to know. AND he's dating Marina? That's just about the cutest couple conceivable, holy shit.
Most of mine did. Hazel moved into Ava's old place, Poppy moved into Fuchsia's place. Carmen..well, Carmen forced me to dismantle and move a bridge because she parked her house RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT. But of course I forgive her, who could stay mad at that face?
Yeah if you don't mind waiting a bit. I have to charge my 3ds.

You're the one who skinned Kapp'n?

Still here? Want some hybrid roses?

but not my kappn.

You'd be right, the catchphrase doesn't bother me, but that shirt is banned in my town, so I'll have to get her something of her liking.
May I have the Mona Lisa? I forgot what its in-game name is, the art section of my museum is nearly empty

>but that shirt is banned in my town
Why though?

It's ugly as a sin, and I have a bit of a grudge against it since that shirt once widespread amongst 6 or 7 of my villagers at one point, just when I recently started my town a year ago

Is it possible to meet the day requirement for the Plaza-Tree to grow by timetraveling one day at a time in AC New Leaf?

It bothers me. I like her original "uff da" very much (it's a Norwegian exclamation that means "I am overwhelmed").

Also, "fer sure" reminds me of this guy.

I am 100% convinced that tarantulas do not exist in my town. Like, at all.

Plenty of scorpions, though.

i can give you all the paintings.
my gates open!

I wouldn't want to get too greedy, especially when I already have the scary painting and the fruit one, but I'll gladly accept one more. Also, on my way