Redpill me on these

redpill me on these

Turkish trophy wife-mobile

I mean the car itself, not how you insecure faggots think it's gonna make you look

Cayenne is solid. The high end trims are faster than anyone wants to admit, and nearly all of them can go offroad.

It’s a great truck. But I can’t personally get over the beetle-esque VW trademark design.

Are these good off road?

Nice for what they are, but you can the same car for cheaper from the other VAG brands(Audi Q7, VW Touareg, Skoda Kodiaq).

Better than most suvs

Light off-road and really bad roads(fire roads, logging roads, etc) are ok. Proper off-road, not without modding.

>Light off-road and really bad roads(fire roads, logging roads, etc) are ok.
just like in every car that has more than 4 inches of ground clearance

You have understood correctly.

I had an '09 GTS for a few years (08-10) and it was a good car. I used it as a grocery getter and people hauler, so can't comment on the offroad. It drove very nice for an SUV.

My biggest gripe and why I don't own one now is that they just never updated the design. They look essentially the same now as they did when I bought my original. It's not a 911 with an iconic shape or anything, I don't see why they are so stuck in the design. It's not ugly, I'm just saying..

1st gen is terrible, everything else is decent

they’re actually pretty ok. locking diffs everywhere, airbag suspension means that you can get some ok articulation, fat tyres and power definitely help with some terrains but not others.

beed rugged tires and a lift kit

terrible mileage, cheaper than people expect

no wonder, its just an Audi Q7 without all the "offroad" stuff

they are the trophy wife crossover of the week when they're refreshed. but if you own an older version you're a broke poseur

poorfag porsache for people who are too pussy to build a porsche
Completely worhtless piece of shit but idiots still buy it in flock

about as good as every other crossover.
So as good as a 3k civic.
Actually 3k civic would be better since it doesnt sink into the magma belt.

its a fucking vw toareg, the fact that its a vw should be enough to scare you away

Ignore the other replies as they're retarded.

The cayenne is good offroad but it does have limits. Anyone that says it's good with mods is talking out their ass because realistically the only mods you can do are to cut into body work to fit taller wheels. The air suspension gives enough lift and articulation for uneven trails, but independent suspension means it's better when the changes in the trail are smooth over jagged, even though the displacement would be the same.

The cayenne is like the other few crossovers designed for actual offroad usage (range rover, Cherokee) and will have the same experience. You leave them mostly stock, armor is really the only thing you should add. Mud and dirt trails they will do fine on, rocks they will have more difficulty. It's sharp features like ditches and breakaways they struggle with. If the hardest trails are a 10, they can do 7-8 with great struggle and scraping. What they excel at is 5 and below, as they are far more comfortable than more capable platforms.

Don't own it out of warranty.

This make sure you can afford it and/or wrench on it yourself

Someday I might get one for a weekend cruiser, trails n shit. They are cheaper than Jeep's,or trucks. Just don't DD them to avoid heavy repair costs.

It's the pussy porsche

That's the macan

Don't, get a trackhawk

Trackhawk can't go offroad

Don't they use Cayennes as camera cars?

Propably one of the first """""performance""""" SUVs and usually owned by badgewhores who dont have any taste. Shit reliability, mediocre performance but surprisingly comfy to ride in, dad test drove one and the ride was really smooth.

My dad just got one. He doesn't like it and won't get another Porsche when the lease is up. Stil likes his old infinity q50 crossover better.

Gross

Expensive Touareg with comfy, more aesthetic interior and wheels. Probably NEVER taken off road unless its on freshly cut grass on the edge of a polo field

that sounds awfully specific. are you a cockroach yourself?

Do not on any circumstances buy a used one before 2008

Early cayennes can be cheap, but maintaining one is the biggest fucking money pit you'll ever encounter.

As a roach, couldn't have said it better
Not them but I am
Literally Turkish trophy wife-mobile
You buy this for your trophy wife because she has to have clit measuring contest with the other trophy wives at who's vehicle is the biggest and most expensive
Literally the worst drivers ever as well
Objectively hated by everyone who car drive

post tits and we can talk stacy

I'd have a lot more respect for Porsche's cash cows if they actually tried to do something competitive with them.