>turbodiesel

>NA diesel

>instant torque boost all the way through
>doesn’t silence the car, making it sound nutless and boring
>usually makes it sound better
>less stressful on the internals than turbo
>easier and cheaper to maintain
>simpler to install
They’re pretty much the ideal FI, at least for me. Though they do usually produce more heat than turbos (twin screws do anyway) and don’t have that cool blow-off valve sound

How are roots for cooling?

>performance car has more than 2 doors

Turbos are just really fun though
>feeling of power progressing from 100->300hp
>get the cool turbo noises
>boost controller for low/high boost
>get good gas mileage off boost
>more power? slap on a bigger turbo

I have a v8 and a i4 turbo that make the same power but a turbo is just way more fun.
(but you cant beat a supercharged v8 is god tir)

Why are turbos more popular on modern ‘’’’’’eco’’’’’’ shitboxes? It would seem that superchargers have less piping needed and are a bit more compact, and can be clutched for on/off usage. Plus most ecoshits only make like 8-10lbs of boost and a supercharger would be better for that, no? And a smoother power curve for normies?
Also, why do superchargers get hotter than turbos?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my turbo car but it seems supercharging is a bit more elegant.

Less overall power and efficiency though, can't have everything

Turbos on modern eco shitboxes is just a selling point for manufacturers. They can put a Turbo badge on the back, rise the price a little bit, and make 30hp more out of a 1.8L to make it slightly more driveable.

Got to drive a " Sonic ''''Turbo'''' " a while back. Could not even tell if it had a turbo at all and took 5 seconds to get to 40mph, but it was small and cute. I think It's a good representation of this idea of useless turbos.

combining a turbo with a leaner mixture gives more fuel efficiency than an equivalent NA, so econoshitboxes use it to get smaller and lighter engines and thus more MPG

also every normie gets exited by hearing his car has a "turbo"

I agree 100% smash that MF like button f4m

Turbochargers are for faggots, superchargers are for manly men.

>having to wait for power
>having to wait to hear the turbo start spooling up
>having to listen to that obnoxious hiss fart asspissing noise every time you let off boost
>having all these extra tubes and hoses clogging your fuckin engine bay making it look like mamma's gabbagool

Fuckin turbofags are insufferable.

Because turbos are the cuck's choice. Real men use large displacement N/A engines. REALLY real men put a supercharger on a high displacement engine with at least 6 cylinders, preferably 8+.

All of these are eco turbo cars:
2017 Chevrolet Sonic | $17,350 | 138 hp | 28/38mpg | 1.4L 4-cylinder
2017 Volkswagen Jetta | $17,895 | 150 hp | 28/40mpg | 1.4L 4-cylinder
2017 Ford Focus | $18,175 | 123 hp | 30/40mpg | 1.0L3-cylinder

See the trend? Smaller engine can make enough power to accelerate while keeping good gas millage at speed.

Turbo used to mean "more power than the base model".

Now, instead of having something like a base 2.0L, and a "turbo" model with a turbocharged 2.0L, they degrade the turbo. You get some anemic N/A sub 3-litre engine that barely spits out 200hp, or you get some fucking 1.3-1.6L turbocharged shitbox that puts out nearly the same power and torque, but gets "better MPGs".

It's the ultimate in bitchmode car shopping when you elect for the turbo model these days.

It still grinds my gears that Ford got rid of that great Cyclone V6 in the Mustangs. For the first time in history there was a V6 Mustang that was ENJOYABLE and had POWER.

Now you have a choice of a $40K GT or a $30K 4 cylinder fuccboi Mustang with Ecotoot recycled Mazda tech from a decade ago. Absolutely P A T H E T I C offerings.

>having to listen to an engine
>having to listen to a car climbing in RPM's

ugh, so annoying, almost as bad as when I need to open the door to get inside of a car....

>Turbo used to mean "more power than the base model".
No, turbo was always referencing a turbine of some kind

>ramming high pressure fuel and air into a small, lightweight engine block

>someone thought this was a good idea for a daily driver

turbo is already a dead meme, hybrid powertrains will replace them when batteries come down in price

People like having the instant power of electric motors and gasoline engines combined, rather than some gutless all-gasoline turobcharged lunchbox.

All of the cars you listed are extreme beta cars for the most dickless soyboys society has to offer.

I'm disgusted that you're even that familiar with these models. You should be ashamed.

>waiting 1/2sec for power
>hearing the turbo spool
>aftermarket bov
>plastic engine bay covers
No replacement for displacement unless you shove twice the amount of fucking air in, same volume of combustion

>>ramming high pressure fuel and air into a small, lightweight engine block
>>someone thought this was a good idea for a daily driver
We have the technology, there isn't a reason not to.

wow

Good thing you ride the bus. The sound of a tiny, overworked, turbocharged engine with a blowoff valve is fucking disgusting. It sounds like shit no matter what glasspack fartcan garbage you slap on it.

A large engine roaring alongside a supercharger whine is the most godly thing you'll never hear.

Yes, but pre-2000 turbo models, like those offered by Saab, were meant to offer a more powerful, sporty option. They didn't offer a larger engine in all cases, they would turbocharge the existing engine or one of similar displacement to retain the other characteristics of the vehicle.

Turbo is basically synonymous with "cuck" these days.

>Turbo is basically synonymous with "cuck" these days.
jesus christ you had such a good prose and then you fucked it all up with shitty meaningless memes

Sure, if companies like Ford and GM did what the Japanese did and overbuilt the engines, sleeved them properly, used stronger alloys for the block, and provided durable supporting components like transmissions that didn't shred from the menial torque of a fucking Fiesta ST.

But they don't. They keep using the same cheap, jewish shit they always have, only now they're putting more stress on all of it. Because it's not about longevity, it's about eco-memes and shilling.

That's it goy, feed the green machine with your shekels, feel good about yourself. You're saving the earth with your turbo.

I do think hybrids are the way of the future, but currently turbos work well enough.
Most people nowdays care about gas mileage, interior and price more than anything else.

Spotted the turbocuck.

>Sure, if companies like Ford and GM did what the Japanese did and overbuilt the engines, sleeved them properly, used stronger alloys for the block, and provided durable supporting components like transmissions that didn't shred from the menial torque of a fucking Fiesta ST.
Many of the japanese brands are doing what everyone is doing. In order to meet emissions manufacturers have been forced to use smaller engines then make up for it using turbos to bolster torque and power for best MPG
>But they don't. They keep using the same cheap, jewish shit they always have, only now they're putting more stress on all of it. Because it's not about longevity, it's about eco-memes and shilling.
Yea because these companies today aren't about making a good product, they're financial companies with financial models and business approaches, not quality concerned ones. They want to make a car that attracts the most customers with a yield that doesn't break their bank along with being cheap enough their margins are good. So no, you aren't going to get those better engine materials or those better more durable parts. They basically want them to break down with an excuse of cutting costs.

>omg my 2L 4cyl engine is so amazing
>wow this 2L 4cyl turbo engine sucks I hate it hurr

>caring about gas mileage

The only people who care about this are cucks who have saddled themselves with a house they can't afford, a wife who spends all their money, 1-3 shitty children that will never amount to anything, and works some dead-end job whilst trying to pay down his crippling student loans from a decade prior.

>h-honey I can't spend more than $30/week on g-gas
>y-you need the extra f-funds to buy lube for Tyrone
>y-yes dear, this c-compact hatchback with a turbo w-will do just fine

Real men drive whatever the fuck they want because their car is an integral part of their wellbeing and enjoyment. Any sort of compromise is a compromise on their life, meaning they've fucked up their priorities.

If you can't afford your lifestyle and are literally enslaved by things like gas prices, you're going to die poor and miserable.

Who said a 2L engine was amazing? That's shit tier. 4.0L minimum, 6 cylinders minimum. Anything less is verging on cuck territory.

As an anonymous stranger on the internet, I suggest you heed my advice. You wouldn't want me to think less of you.

>The only people who care about this are cucks who have saddled themselves with a house they can't afford, a wife who spends all their money, 1-3 shitty children that will never amount to anything, and works some dead-end job whilst trying to pay down his crippling student loans from a decade prior.
You mean 99% of americans who don't care about anything but getting from A to B for as little cost as possible.

nice memes you stupid fuck.

>all driving is a lifestyle
you're retarded.

ITT
>why is this?
>its because hurr cuck cuk cuck ur a fucking cuck thats a cuck

I only get 13mpg on my turbo car
But everyone I know is a cuck who cares more about color and gas milage. It's sad.

Thank you for reiterating what I said and proving my point. Turbo cars are, by and large, cucked pieces of shit these days.

The Americans took what the Japs were doing 20 years ago and found a way to cheapen it and make it worse, so they could sell it for 2/3 the cost. Combined with their hebrew propaganda machines, they do indeed have a successful business model. No one is denying that.

I'm criticizing it entirely, saying it's shit and their products are shit. Everything about it is shit. This is such a horrendous time to be alive. We're in some tragic transition state where technology is beyond archaic, but not quite amazing. It's just...disappointing and socially responsible.

I mean, I'd love to turbo my little Mazda Jellybean, but I pay $2.20 for 98RON. So much stop start traffic and hills.

>Turbo cars are, by and large, cucked pieces of shit these days.
You're fucking retarded. People are getting MORE power out of smaller engines without having heavier more expensive extra cylinders. Where you can save space, weight, money and everything by taking a 6 cylinder, cutting off 2 cylinders then turboing it you're getting a superior car for less. Where you're getting 300hp with a n/a v6 you can get 350hp out of a v4 with a small turbo making like 10psi

I slightly know the feeling. My ECU needs 93+ octane to run but here in the fucking west we only have 91.
Turbos are so fun, I hope you turbo your Jellybean someday.

99% of Americans? You're really putting the beta numale rate that high? I wouldn't go as far as saying 99%, maybe 75% when you factor in all the womyn, elderly, minorities, teenagers, and Wendy's chefs.

People don't dictate the market though. The marketing dictates what people want. We were sold the meme of global warming 15 years ago and we're still reeling from it. It was the most ingenious marketing campaign ever launched, and it's probably going to run for another couple of decades. It preys on fear. Fear of some Dennis Quad Day-After-Tomorrow fuckin tidal wave apocalyptic end if we don't stop using gasoline. Fear of poverty if you spend too much on gas. Fear of social ostracizing if you don't drive an eco-friendly car. Fear of high insurance rates if your car has "too much power".

Stay beta, you'll have lots of company here it seems.

This is just it. Turbo cars are only fuel efficient if you stay OFF the gas pedal and drive them like a cuck. But 99% of people slam the gas to hear that WHOOSH and they end up shitting out fumes at 9,000RPM with every gear - ultimately using the same amount of fuel as a N/A engine.

>V4

Um OK sweetie.

Maybe you need to read some of the other posts in this thread that talk about the overall build quality of modern turbo engines. Not to mention the cost.

An Ecotoot Mustang actually cost MORE than a Cyclone powered V6 Mustang. It produced almost identical power (V6 actually made more, but Ford detuned it so they could market the turbo as having MORE power), yet it ran at higher temps and pressures and had more parts prone to failure.

You are not getting a superior product you fucking mong, you've drank so much of the turbokoolaid you're fuckin delirious at this point.

Do some more reading. Educate yourself. Stop sucking the jewdick and worrying about your MPGs.

>99% of Americans? You're really putting the beta numale rate that high?
as of 2010 there were 210 million licensed drivers with a car culture of people who actually race, tune and mod their cars I'd say its realistic that 99% of americans who drive are doing it purely for commuter purposes.

>75% because I don't want to include all those other things I don't like
they're still average americans driving for no other reason than commuting, they aren't racing, they aren't tuning their cars, they aren't doing anything with them. Thats why there are so many econoboxes because a huge majority of americans want affordable commuter cars.

>people don't dictate the market though
they absolutely do, these are the people making demands for better MPGs. This is why you see so many kinds of cars that are valuable to enthusiasts flat out exiting the markets. No more 370z developments from nissan, no more lancer evo, no more cars like that because they aren't in demand or the company doesn't want to waste money making them when they aren't making that much from the beginning.

>Fear of poverty if you spend too much on gas
You're just projecting all this nonsense because you have a huge cognitive dissonance

>ford detuned it so they can market turbos

But why?

The only reason I get 13mpg is because I only drive my project car on days off, and when I do I drive it like a madman.
If you drive more like a normal person then you get a normal gas mileage. Turbo's are really only more efficient on eco cars in my post here or when off boost on a sports car. But then why do you care about gas mileage if you bought a sports car in the first place?

ive been averaging around 23mpg in my Optima Turbo lately, and thats mostly city driving. unfortunately much of my commute involves crawling in traffic so i usually leave it in Eco mode which rarely uses the turbo.

>An Ecotoot Mustang actually cost MORE than a Cyclone powered V6 Mustang
You have no way of extrapolating this because the last time ford used the cyclone was 2014. So now you have a price disparity between an ecoboost mustang of today to one in 2014 and there is a lot different about mustangs then vs now than just an engine swap.

>detuned it
the ecoboost mustang makes 310, the v6 cyclone mustang only made 305

>you're not getting a superior product
except you are, that ecoboost makes more power for less.

>higher temps more parts prone to failure
maybe ford shouldn't make such a shit vehicle if you're going to generalize the fuck out of it because you have no evidence for any of the shit you spew so you replace it with memes like "cuck"

they did it for emissions like everyone else did, not because ford wanted to market the turbos more, it doesn't make sense if they did it that way. Ford has to meet emissions like everyone else.

>these are the people making demands for better MPGs

No, they're politicians telling people they're campaigning to "clean up the environment", standing alongside pictures of green shrubs and a sunshine with a smiling babyface in it. They're TELLING people what they want, and people are accepting it. They're telling them this because they're sponsored by large lobbyist groups that support companies who make "eco friendly" products and....automobiles. So it's in Ford's interest to tell politicians to push for eco-friendly turbo cars, because they make these cars. It's in the voters' interest to elect these politicians, because it means people will buy the products they make in the factory they work in.

You're so bluepilled it's almost unbelievable.

>you don't really want a nice two seater sports car
>so we're going to stop making them
>b-but I do want that
>no, we're not making them anymore so you can't have one, but we're not making them because no one wants them
>b-but I want one
>no you don't, no one does
>and we don't make them anymore
>so you have no choice
>we have the authority to tell you want you want

see When I did drive it as my daily for a while I got 28mpg to low 30s in my 25 year old sports car.
but my daily v8 only gets 16 hmmm

*sequential turbos*

You're not understanding something. They offered the V6 alongside Ecoboost Mustangs. At the same time. The Ecoboost cost more money. Plain and simple.

The Cyclone V6, with a basic tune, can make upwards of 330hp. Guys were chipping them and exploding the stock driveshafts because they weren't rated for the amount of horsepower they were punching out. Again, if you weren't 12 you'd have been aware of this when it happened 5 years ago.

You're clearly stuck in your cuck-rut, and I'm not interested in trying to change your mind anymore. The facts are there, you're choosing to ignore them and believe what you want - probably because you drive some cuckbox with a turbo.

Keep it up goys. I'm depositing your shekels as we speak.

Turbochargers are the future. Do not question it!

Man you're gonna love it when Ford come out with the Hybrid turbo Mustang in 2020

Ecobootht Veesix sadness.

I'm not going to care because I'll be driving a GT390 from 1968 and exploding a ridiculous volume of dead dinosaurs in my inefficient iron blocked steel framed godmachine.

>The Cyclone V6, with a basic tune, can make upwards of 330hp
That's all third party shit. That's literally every engine you can do that. All of Rhee cars including some sporty performance cars are still programmed for their most stable and efficient tune. You could take the ecoboost and tune it just as hard with some ecu firmware you found online or you bought or something as well and nothing is stopping you

>I read a bunch of shit online so that means it's true anyone who disagrees is a cuck because I'm an unoriginal shitter

>No, they're politicians telling people they're campaigning to "clean up the environment", standing alongside pictures of green shrubs and a sunshine with a smiling babyface in it. They're TELLING people what they want, and people are accepting it. They're telling them this because they're sponsored by large lobbyist groups that support companies who make "eco friendly" products and....automobiles. So it's in Ford's interest to tell politicians to push for eco-friendly turbo cars, because they make these cars. It's in the voters' interest to elect these politicians, because it means people will buy the products they make in the factory they work in.
>You're so bluepilled it's almost unbelievable.
You realize the car manufacturers have a larger lobbying body than environmentalists right? You think some eco friendly hippies are able to displace politicians? Good luck with that shit. You have no evidence of any of that. The people have been demanding more efficient cars since the 1970s gas scare. That's literally the start of people demanding more economically friendly cars and less high performance gas guzzlers. That's even the reason why one year of mustang didn't offer a v8 option because of it.

The first V6 Mustangs of the Cyclone generation made 310 factory hp.

When they introduced the Ecotoot they detuned the V6 to make slightly less.

Look it up and then come back.

The "environmentalist" lobby groups work in tandem with the automakers you dense fuck. Can you not read?

>cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck

Twin screws make the least heat. I think you're thinking of roots

Shit.

Cuckposting should be a bannable offense.

>buttmad displacement cucks salty they're getting passed by turbo cars on the interstate and having to give more money to the saudis

Video related:
youtube.com/watch?v=PRwZqJU_9_Q

You forgot:
>doesn't produce as much power
>can't avoid power band if you want to
>consumes more fuel making it less effective in endurance racing
>need to make your hood look retarded and autistic
>less fun in general
>don't get the cool "SPSH" sound
>your car is as whiny as you are when you get beat by a turbo

All your complaints are literally the reason why turbos are better. Are you that stupid?

Why are americans so obsessed with inefficiency?
>huyrrrrrrrr i love paying more to get less because saudis get rich and anyone who doesn't agree lets another man fondle his woman
Is doing everything the most retarded and least efficient way possible the only definition of manliness in the manchild world of USA?

and let's not forget about the usual drooling cager amoeba logic

I swear to god car enthusiasts are in the top 10 most retarded demographics on earth
>"trains are for cuckolds be a man drive a car!!!"
>"bicycles are for cuckolds be a man drive a car!!!"
>fast forward 60 years they get what they want and everyone drives a car because there's no other alternative and you need 20 miles to get to the grocery store
>"wtf why are car manufacturers catering to a multi-billion-people market of people who treat car as a mode of transport and value convenience, stupid gadgets and everything-as-cheap-as-possible over anything related to performance and fun of driving instead of us???"

>>having to wait for power
>>having to wait to hear the turbo start spooling up

My buddy told me about how some guy modded his 911 Turbo to have increased turbo lag because he liked the feeling. Thought it was dumb as hell until I got a 951. It's not as efficient but I like the buildup, it feels pretty cool, and cars should be about feeling unless you're building something for pure racing, and I don't wanna fall down that rabbit hole.

Spotted the projecting busrider.

OP confirmed BTFO by a tuned Golf

why would you want to avoid the powerband? are you some kind of... C U C K?

Damn you stupid

Wait really? How can a twin screw make less heat than a centrifugal?

>your car is as whiny as you are when you get beat by a turbo
I laughed, and yeah supercharger’s don’t make as much torque but they also don’t blow up engines as often

I live in a high altitude place. Which engine would be better for a quick, fun daily regarding power, mechanical design, reliability, and cost to own?
>super turbo street fighter i4
>turbo v/i6
>super v/i6
>v8

Yes. They're actual air compressors rather than """blowers""" and work with greater efficiency. There's other factors that could make it run hotter than a centrifugal like if it's too small for the job.
>superchargers don't make as much torque and blow up engines less often
Lol

>choosing a vehicle based on cylinder formation
Rx7

VVT

Depending on the displacement, some Eaton TVS superchargers are super compact. They're easy to install, give you predictable performance, the power is right off the line. They're fantastic.
Clutched superchargers, direct injection, and camless heads are the future for small and medium displacement engines.

So you're telling me that it is convenient for automakers to support environmentalists? Are you high? Do you realize how much more money automakers could make with more lax emission regulations? Do you realize how much it costs to re-engineer a platform to be lighter and more fuel efficient? Look at Ford, they were forced to start using aluminum on their fucking trucks to save weight and improve MPGs, even when steel is a considerably better choice for a fucking pickup bed. Aluminum is many times more expensive than steel. You're retarded

wow mommy look! My valve opens for slightly longer and I have 20 more horsie power :DD

this

>Clutched superchargers
Seriously why is this taking so long? AC compressors have been doing this forever.

>tfw had NA 2.0l diesel 52kw
Its pretty exhausting to accelerate

Just put gull e10 in it. It’s basically 91 with countdown price lockdown wine poured in it to make it 98 but it’s as cheap as 1.90 in West Auckland atm

Mercedes Benz had clutched superchargers on their W202 Kompressor models.
Engages @ 2000 rpm.

Little Eaton M62 gave approximatly additional 31-42 kw to 100 kw N/A entgine.

Diesel?

Gasoline.
Pulley kit and you will be flying. Can take on bigger engined NA Bmws on straight drag.

Sweet.
What does the controlling?

>leaf
>Korean (((domestic)))

Opinion discarded

I think its done by TPS sensor (pedal is fly-by-wire) and maybe other sensors. Bypass valve helps when sc is not engaged or you lift off throttle- no parasitic load with clutched models. Later, bigger engined AMGs are clutched too, because it can rip the belt in half.

youtube.com/watch?v=m_Cm1Ebbop4

This.
>Own Genesis Coupe 2.0t
>Get worse mileage and power than v6 due to stop and go traffic

>30$ a week would limit me to 88 miles a week

Honestly that would work if I got this work from home emergency dispatch position

>tfw comfy 25$/hr at home

The Supercharged MK1 MR2 had a clutched supercharger in 1988
What?

Opposite. It is so engine has higher RPM without cutting out due to lack of air while increasing it's scavenging.

what happened, did that niggers barber have a stroke while finishing the front?

niggers with they could part their hair

>small turbo will do the same
>turbo sounds infinitely better than whine
>less 'stressful' come back when you know wtf youre talking about
>you literally dont haveto maintain a turbo at all? Just change your oil and coolant
>simpler to install? depends on your engine config. v8 yeah, inline 6 no a turbo is 4 bolts and a a v-band

all the fastest cars are supercharged.. case in point..

TOP FUEL