2012 E550 coupe

2012 E550 coupe

3770 lbs
382 hp
390 ft/lbs of torque

y/n

if you say mustang or camaro in this thread, your mother will die in her sleep tonight

>E-class
No

The E-Class, the official car of "I couldn't afford a real Mercedes but I'm a desperate badge whore"

Thats the C or CLA you dumbass

It's everything that isn't an S class, you dumbass

Windshield wiper stalk breaks
>That'll be $789
Air suspension starts to go
>That'll be $2200
Need a service for an oil change+other fluids
>That'll be $500

should've bought a Camaro or Mustang...

This. I ended up with a Mustang in part due to the fact it's going to be cheap to fix down the road as it gets older.

The engine is great and it deserves some praise for being much lighter than the typical benz, however I personally find the idea of e and s class coupes completely retarded.

You'll look like a ethnic poser tryhard rolling around in a 10 year CPO Benz.

Its 200 for the bag, not 2200 lol.

When do wiper stalks ever break?

>caring about how you’ll look
>actually mattering when choosing a car you want to drive
Not even a benz fan but that’s faggy as fuck, keep driving whatever your peers expect you to drive

The bags are more than $200 for an install; and I was referring to the compressor which goes on almost every single one of the cars Mercedes makes within the first 5 years or so.

Wiper stalk is referring to electrical gremlins.

If you've ever had a 20XX merc you'd probably understand what I'm talking about.

Then why don't you buy a fucking Micra? You literally only buy a Benz to show it off and so you can tell people you drive a Benz. If you can't afford to lease a new one like everybody else you probably can't afford a used one.

I’m not buying a benz, and I agree that’s the reason why most people buy them but that wasn’t my point. If some guy really likes how a certain car looks, feels, drives etc. and it happens to be a benz then why should he care how he’ll look?

I don’t think they offer much for an enthusiast personally but there might be someone who just adores the interior and exterior, loves the NA V8 engine in there and how it rides comfortably. I drive an 11 year old bimmer myself and you’d probably say I look like an ethnic tryhadd or whatever too but I don’t care, I love my car it’s fun as fuck and I’m glad I bought it. Just be more open-minded about other people’s tastes is all I’m saying.

>If you've ever had a 20XX merc you'd probably understand what I'm talking about.
You're probably right

Have fun with that "taste" when it's sitting up on the lift.

You can replace the suspension with coilovers for like $1k

I’ll have fun because my car is still bulletproof after 100k miles. Stay salty in your boring cuckbox.

>have an 01 S-class
I do not know what you're talking about, no.
And struts for my car are $600 and I'll just do them myself, compressor is same price.

The reason the compressors fail are either an air leak which causes continuous running, a failed relay stuck on causing continuous running, or the user hasn't changed the air filter on the compressor as per service interval.
Almost all major damage on the cars can be prevented by proper service and an understanding of common failures.

>e class
>air suspension
u wot m8? most of them are steel sprung with selectable dampers.

Meh not really

>it's everything that isn't the flagship sedan I just googled

mercs post 2009 are fairly reliable. gtfo.

Shit happens brother
I assume they are talking about oem parts installed by a shop not everyone has room/time or knowledge to repair their vehicle.

mb coupes are of course garbage.

however, the e550 sedan of 2012-2014 was the sleeper of sleepers.