The best automobile that was, or ever will be

The best automobile that was, or ever will be.
Find a single flaw with it I dare you.

>waves
You can have me for much cheaper and probably can beat that around any given track.

Timing chain guides. Not B6 S4-tier horror, but a flaw nonetheless.

it has 4 doors
thats the only thing i dont like about it
good thing the e92 exists

Fail. Forgot the upload.

>bmw maintenance
>bmw reliability

I found twice as many flaws as you required.

>bmw maintenance
>bmw reliability

I (personally) like to call these 'bmw privilege'

When playing Need for Speed: High Stakes on the PSX, I’d always square my M5 up against the C5 Corvette and keep it close. The ‘vette was in a higher class, and now I can find one for half the price of an M5.

E39 M5 is GOAT.

Vanos and fairly high fuel consumption are the only flaws I can think of.

It doesn’t have the V10 of the E60 m5, still pretty awesome though, easily the best sport sedan of its time

the V10 wasn't a particularly good engine. It sounded really average, and was very unreliable.

I think it sounded pretty good, and how in God’s name can you talk about reliability when comparing the V8 in the e39? That thing is unreliable as fuck

it was offered manual only to keep the plebs away, a true god machine.
plus it was built in the period when BMW reliability actually wasn’t a meme

the e39 m5 and 540i did have meme reliability though. If you want to see the absolutely solid cars of that time take a look at the 528/530i

depends on what you call unreliable.
replacing timing chain guides every 60-80k miles and replacing timing chains every 180k miles is not really “meme reliability” in my book.

The most common problems I’ve heard from people are vanos issues, rod bearing issues, the timing chain guide failure that you mentioned and possible head gasket leaks later on. Meanwhile the inline 6 of the same year needs at most a new radiator and hoses.

The main thing is that it costs a lot more to deal with the m5’s problems, although it’s not as bad if you do everything yourself

it's a pigfat boat that weights 4000lbs

The facelifted E39 M5 is pretty high up there I agree.
Yet my favourite sedans of all time still are the facelifted Lexus LS430...

...and the '08 & '09 Jaguar XJ

[fucking hell]

rod bearings are only an issue in the s85 and the s65

>bimmer

It's a nice car with some engine issues, so I think you may be mistaken. See pic

I mean, that’s literally not true, anyone can do a quick google search and see the s62 has them too

I just stated the things replaced on my e39 540i in the long term.
plus valve cover gaskets start leaking at around 180k miles. never heard of head gaskets leak randomly unless the engine has been overheated
vanos can get costly on the M5 but no rod bearing problems on e39’s.

some s62’s but that was not a common problem like on the s65 and s85.

I guess I don't like the bmw badge but that's it.

son do you even know what a valve cover gasket looks like?
>gasket leaks
>your mom leaks
>this new