/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

>MUH 1300 BUGFIXES EDITION

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI
Dıscord: dıscord.gg/uLL1ble

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
There will be changes to map rotations for Casual and Ranked in Season 3.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3
Operation Blood Orchid targeting a September 5 release. PC will be able to play it on the TTS on August 29.
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-use-blood-orchids-new-operators-gadgets/
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-298309-16/operation-health-update-222-patch-notes
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-296924-16/operation-health-diagnosis-optimizing-operators
Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2L-ZhN19MdM
strawpoll.me/13799331
strawpoll.me/13799457
strawpoll.me/13799331/r]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for it's eeeeeeeeee-luh not ell-uh

If Ela's going to have the major's hair it should at least be purple.

>That OP Health sneaking into Season 3

I laugh but they are laughs of sadness.

They hoped no one would notice.

>Should I get the uplay version over the steam one?
Doesn't matter, you are forced to use Uplay regardless. If you decide to be a douche and get banned for whatever reasons, at least your Steam account will be unaffected.

I have the Steam version, enjoy the pleasure of being forced to use 2 overlays.

If ubi is now for some shitty reason willing to add red-dots to pistols, then why wouldn't they add those to the operators who basically use them as primary weapons anyway is my point.
I would put in poison effects to luison to explain the bizarre damage values. It's not actually shooting bullets, but poison/tranq darts or some shit.
currently cavvie fills a very shitty niche of casual stomping, and I wonder if she could be fixed by simple changes like these.

Wish the lasers were teamcoloured. Sick of douches on my team pointing their dot at stuff and making me 180° because I can't tell if I got flanked from behind.

Best Blood Orchid videos?

youtube.com/watch?v=2L-ZhN19MdM

Really think someone's going to care about your whining here?

>2017+0.67
>still no attack dog operator
>smell the bomb
>hear through walls
>chew arms

If they don't add a canine, would a human operator based on sound detection be good?

Just integrate Pulse's Pulsebox into his head, removing his ability to see normally but now able to detect heartbeats AND echolocation.
He can still attack people by biting them though.

>attack dog operator
>tactical dog toy placer defender
>acts as a stun for 5 seconds while the dog is distracted by toys

An operator with something like an in-game version of that Asus sound radar software thing (bundled with their high-end gaming sound cards) would be pretty neat.

Im enjoying free weekend. should I buy standard for $23.99?

enjoy wasting 30 hours to unlock basic shit I have access to

As long as it isn't starter. Hell, not buying the game is better than starter.

This free weekend is turning me into a shill and I'm not sure how to feel.
>Keep stomping free weekenders
>Type in chat that they shouldn't be discouraged and they should buy the game
What have I become.

nevermind thought as well you meant starter. yeah the one for 23 bucks is the normal, good one.

I just did. Even if i get wrecked in pvp, im having a lot of fun with terrorist hunt. Reminds me of Vegas.

>fun with terrorist hunt
it is just for practising mechanics, play casual multiplayer

>Even if i get wrecked in pvp
as long it is not ranked it means nothing, just use your mic and give info who killed you from where. use cameras and drones before going in blind.

good luck

Thanks.

Cant wait to experience non-free weekend siege, without all these griefers.

Never played tactical shooters before and i generally dislike the military aesthetic (more like a tf2 guy): I am doing the single player situations and they are boring as hell but judging from some videos of people good at the game im really fucking impressed by all the stuff you can do and the different approaches to the objectives. Should i keep playing?

as much as Id love it
technically its not a CTU
but hey its ubi they probably dont give a shit

Play a few casual matches while the free weekend is still active, Situations are really intended as a basic tutorial. Even if you get destroyed, you can still get an idea of how the game is played.

You are welcome, but there are no times without griefers in this game. Always play with a friend to be unkickable. If you are worried about teamkills might as well go straight to comp where only tryhards are.

You need at least a 3 stack to win, the average Siege player is worse than a bot on terrorist hunt and talks with a russian accent if they ever use their mics at all.

>KSK when
Hopefully never because GSG9 is enough autism with Jaeger. Add something original like Italians or Austr(al)ians.

>I am doing the single player situations and they are boring as hell
>i generally dislike the military aesthetic
>more like a tf2 guy
>Should i keep playing?

No because this game requires you to always be alert and ping positions of enemy players, preferably report on voice chat, no matter how much of an asshole the guy still alive is.

Tired of deaf mutes on my team who alt-tab or throw once they spectate.

>Add something original like Italians or Austr(al)ians.

Posted pic related half a year ago on Reddit

>tfw they stole my concept
>tfw NOCS/GIS never ever

Is this implying they stole Ying's gadget from this heet? With Ubi I'm not even surprised.

Don't feel bad for enjoying Thunt, by the way.
I have 700+ hours played on this game, and I still enjoy Terrorist Hunt as well. The core weapon mechanics and movement are fun, and mowing down AI with them is a fun break from the more tense and tactical PvP gameplay.

I just really wish this game had a singleplayer campaign.

That's giving that image creator too much credit. Every secondary gadget in the game has an operator who's ability is a extra-powerful version of that gadget. If you told me I had to come up with 50+ operators, I'd come up with Super-Flashbangs (Ying), Super-Grenades (Fuze), Super-Smokes(Capitao), etc. right away. The only thing we don't have yet is a defender with a Super-DeployableShield.
Also, that's why game companies (or other artists) usually tell you not to send them suggestions. They don't want people accusing them of being ripoffs for something they've already been secretly working on for months.

>The only thing we don't have yet is a defender with a Super-DeployableShield.
Then "steal" the foam barriers from the 2017 version of Prey.

>fake news ticker
>New Operator
>South Korea:
>Jang-ae aka Obstacle
>has to manually place a foam generator on the floor that will create a barrier of a super-polymer
>it can seal off any area within a radius of 4 meters for 30 seconds before decaying
>susceptible to Capitaos fire arrows
>Role: obstruct enemy movements and weaponry
>can only carry one device with one use

I done some research on what could be the next CTU on R6:Siege and wanted to pick some variety country/culture

Vote here for your most wanted. Try to pick only 4:
strawpoll.me/13799331

>terrorist hunt realistic
>playback shows the AI locking onto you through 3 walls and then getting a one tap
Fookin' laser sights.

Yeah, realistic AI cheats like a motherfucker. Winning against it basically involves more learning to exploit it's programming than "skill". (That is to say, make them come to you as much as possible, funnel them by exploiting their pathfinding, and try to not stand next to any soft walls)

Is there a reason why the breach charges cant be used as traps on non-breachable surfaces? Would it be to OP?

What the fuck is up with these disgusting choices?

>Pakistan
>Iran
>Turkey
>India
>fucking Egypt

The one Egyptian in the classic games joined Rainbow because he was fucking embarrassed by Unit 777's performance and reputation and wanted to improve his country's standing in the CT world. If I ever get taken hostage I'd rather them round up a bunch of people off the street, give them pellet guns and tell them to free us than send Unit 777 in.

Attackers already have claymore mines, Ash's launcher double functions as grenade. Why do you need more?

>Would it be to OP?
no, overall too slow, shit and useless

I know the FAQ says otherwise, but if I'm playing Rook should I be roaming at all? I don't see how I'm supposed to gain more map knowledge without doing it eventually.

Fuck off you racist piece of shit.

I binged realistic terrorist hunt a few times and it was pretty fun. I found the best strat is actually to just use glaz and slowly push through them as the AI will not shoot through smoke.

Any problems with India? Mr. "Mute" Chandra is a Pajeet too. Can only understand the hate for muzzies.

>average libertard

Gimp operator when?

I dont need more, just asking.

Me just being a cunt, "buddy". But yeah they double for that well enough on barricades, it is just super situational and I've not seen it too often.

EDIT:
Alright I done some deeper look on the Rainbow series to include these CTU, updated pool.

Original:
I done some research on what could be the next CTU on R6:Siege and wanted to pick some variety country/culture

Vote here for your most wanted. Try to pick only 4:

strawpoll.me/13799457

[OLD Results: strawpoll.me/13799331/r]

you can learn the maps outside of pvp
rook can roam, but is slow and noisy, so any competent attacker will have a leg up over your fat ass

The least offensive country of the ones mentioned is India. But when you think competent military/police does India really pop into mind? Best choice of the options available would be South Africa imo.

I voted for the South Africans too. Don't really care about the skin complexion of people. I just don't like snackbars.

And I fucking forget the "Other" option.
Such a faggot

>swedish ONI
>not SOG
what the fuck are you doing

To be fair, African operators already cover anything Swedish at this point.

>there are people who would make remarks like this unironically
Maybe eugenics isn't so wrong after all...

Your country might need them more than mine. Greetings from pure Polish Operator here.

i want to lick IQ's feet!

Don't you get bored after posting this 400 times? I still couldn't figure you out if you are just a persistent troll or simple degenerate who is serious.

welcome to /r6g/ newfag

does anyone actually play thunt? Everytime I queue for the time gets to 5mins then i just say fuck it. I play lone wolf for missions and shit but i dont find it fun alone.

>seen him post it 400 times myself
>must be new
ok just a retard then, how boring

It's probably the same kid as the pcuck spammer.
This is what severe autism and child neglect does to you

Please vote GIS, after reading this, I love them

I do. I either play 1 or 2 rounds to warmup before jumping into multiplayer, or I'll sometimes play it for an hour if I'm bored with nothing else to do.

Must be the Texan, he pissed off today at 4a.m. his local time and returned again just now after his fatty nap.

>strawpoll.me/13799331

Australians winning again. Is their version of the SAS just good or are people in for their banter or a Sydney map?

will new op stuff be loot from alpha packs or will there be new types for them?

Not the user you replied to, but you're clearly new to Veeky Forums because faggots like him exist in every general.
They thrive off attention so don't reply to them.

Vote GIS you fags

Why don't we have Israeli special forces yet? Literally one of the most famous in the world and currently in active combat end we end up with Hong Kong, South Korea Ubi needs to get it's priorities stright?

Really now, you don't say? Because there is a certain kind of faggot like you replying to questions directed at other people and trying to explain folks how these boards work when they were already here when /g/ was still guro. Now fuck off to the backseat, wannabe oldfag.

Why would the Israeli special forces operate outside of Israel/when there aren't any Jews involved?

>Ubi needs to get it's priorities stright
They do though. They push their esports bullshit in Asia, not in Israel.

I played it for hours yesterday and the day before, might be a connection problem.

Ubi tries to appeal to the Asian market and cannot.

just had a level 11 in my game with a ranked k/d. is this some kind of new spicy meme i wasnt aware of?

is jackal ever really useful?

Lots of players telling their friends to try out the free weekend, and inviting them into a squad for ranked play, which circumvents the level 20 requirement.

yes

If you think Hong Kong is more likely to go on an international mission then Israel you are literally retarded. An Israeli map could also be really cool set in the west bank or something.
I understand that it's just a bit too forced. I feel like they should put special forces with actual world renown in the game over some totally irreverent ones. I mean as Asian special forces go Taiwan is allot more renowned then Hong Kong.

what circumstances is he good for? i hardly see him picked in pro-league for example, maybe once a match or something and ahrdly in ranekd either

thats a pretty stupid questing considering you could ask the same for all units already in the game

Oh sure, HK is dumb, I won't disagree with that.
Other countries like participating international efforts.
Israel likes being in charge of/financing international efforts.
Why would Israel need to tackle terrorism head on when it can have other countries do the work for them?
Hell, there are two American forces in there already.

what scope do use on buck

A-am I-I ok?

I only play ranked solo queue

Good guns, secondary shotgun useful for walls / hatches, and you can figure out where defenders went by their footsteps even without tracking them.
>i hardly see him picked in pro-league for example
That's not exactly the best comparison, as proleague plays differently than what you'd normally see in ranked. Jackal got picked 4 times in this weekend's pro tournament, while Montagne, Blitz, and Glaz got picked 0 times, and the next closest was Fuze with 7.

Magyarbro operators when?

Yeah, SAS players are the best supports. Stats are still okay.

seems like the average bot, never does any notable plays and cant really be relied on making more than a 1:1 trade.
still better than carried weeaboos with negative KD so you are okay all things considered.
that being said if you are under plat you are subhuman.

The good news is that if there's any operators where it's okay to continually go 1:1, it's those two, as long as you're all thatchered out by the time you go down.

Am I supposed to carry every game to get to plat?

>negative K/D
are you dumb? did you have algebra in the USA?

0 kills divided by 6 deaths is still 0.

>I feel like they should put special forces with actual world renown in the game over some totally irreverent ones. I mean as Asian special forces go Taiwan is allot more renowned then Hong Kong.
Ubisoft prioritizes adding countries with more potential sales, than the fame or achievements of that CTU in real life. Brazil, Hong Kong/China, South Korea, we wouldn't see those as DLC operators & maps without there being a large audience of gamers that could be convinced to buy Siege if their home country gets added. Israel has a population of 8-9 million, and I doubt every last person there is into FPS games. The lowest-population country so far in the game is Canada at ~36 million, and they get the extra consideration of being the home country of the developers

Die, copper.

yes, solo que to plat is easy and you can get there on pure aim if you arent a handicapped retard

above 1.0 is positive
under 1.0 is negative
im sorry you dont understand fps terms used for over 20 years, maybe when you reach a legal age your brain will be fully developed to not be shit at video games.

not proud of my rank but I'm a gold

>under 1.0 is negative

I'm very sure that 0.5 is a positive floating point number or real number in math, I have a CS degree, but I'm sure your special ed teacher can try to explain this to you with an apple cut in half.

approximately 5% chance to get a kill with each EDD
bretty low it seems

>0.6kd is now a positive KD
this is why you suck at video games user.

Mine is 1.5 though, you are grasping at straws by now. Having not only proven that you are too dumb for basic maths but also assume things without ever having seen my profile.

I assume you're looking at your own stats. Try to remember if your EDD's help you get kills. Like, do they make enemies expose themselves to shoot them, or you notice the noise of their destruction and know someone's there? If so, they're still doing their job. Otherwise, consider playing another 3-armor, as most also have good guns, and their ability can further help your team.

with the autistic view you have on the KD system its probably 0.5 """""positive KD"""""