>passenger seat wet
>oh fuck
>check passenger door, closed shut
>check windows and sunroof, closed shut
>all of my what
>pull passenger sun shield down
>bucket of water collected on vanity mirror lands on my face
T-thanks VAG.

How the fuck did that happen and how do I fix it? It's not the first time the car was in the rain, I drove through much worse and much longer storms before and it was fine.

investigate your sunroof drains

Pull the headliner and find out you dumb fuck

>he bought a car with a sunroof
I mean regardless of the manufacturer you knew what you were in for when you saw it

How? I'm not a wrenchfag. The car is due for it's 10k/annual, will the dealer take care of it while ripping me off for oil change?

I didn't care for it desu, the dealer sold it to us at same price as non-sunroof trim because they ran out and couldn't get one again in time after promising us. Or so they said. At least it's comfy to have a bright cabin, also driving up the hills with it open if the shit.

>leaking through light fixture
It's totaled. Best give it to me before someone charges you $300 plus tip to tow that trash off your driveway.

The light still works tho

It always makes me smile when I see someone put a note on a old, decrepit machine or tool, saying "I still work".

I found some nice vintage speakers and an amplifier like this, set beside a dumpster. I like to think that the previous owner couldn't bear to put it into the trash, so they left it next to it with a desperate cry to be saved by someone who will put it to good use.

It's actually a pretty special event in our typical throw-away culture.

I did that to my beloved CRT monitor I had to leave behind when moving across the country. I hope it's in good hands now.

>thing breaks
>SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE I DONT KNOW HOW
If you're not a woman you should be genuinely ashamed of yourself

That piece of shit is in the trash faggot

>never had issue with a car
>never worked on cars
>have issue with a car
>ask cars board for help and advice
>NO GO FUCK YOUR CAR UP TRYING TO FIX IT WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE IT'S A MAN'S THING TO DO
Yeah get fucked mate.

Solid guess: your sunroof weatherstripping didn't seal quite right (it happens) and water ran down behind your headliner. Exited through the vanity light and pooled in your visor.

If this keeps happening, you need new sunroof weatherstripping, which should certainly be under warranty if you're still not even at your 10k maintenance.

>Place where people are knowledgeable about cars
>Expecting them to not tell you to grow more knowledgeable and fix it yourself
No user you are the dumb

One of 2 things. Theres probably an antenna or someone had a roof rack and improperly removed it if its eather of those get a tube of flexseal

Pour water on spots where you think the leak is coming from and fix the problem when yiu find it.... This isn't rocket science dude.

>cars are strange quantum puzzle boxes filled with mysteries of the highest order

kek
they are like legos held together by bolts, rust and oil

All cars I have owned had a sunroof, none leaked. Not even when I had one installed from aftermarket ASC. Even though the locks/hooks that secure it did start to fall off or break about 10 years in, never leaked even with direct water pressure in the glass gaps. Stop buying real old or shit quality cars mate.

Its probably the sunroof, but long shot you could also check the passenger door weather striping or also improperly sealed windshield on the passenger top side.

Right, let me just sit here and look at my stopwatch while I grow more knowledgeable. Or, I could go and ask someone with more knowledge and experience for advice.

Eh, I was unclear, it's its second 10k, should have just said 20k I guess. But it's under 2 years so defo under warranty still.
What boggles me is that it's been through worse and longer downpours (both driving and parked) and it was fine, it just now decided to spring a fucking leak out of the blue, not even gradually. I also didn't open the sunroof in a few months since the winter and rains started. I checked the weatherstripping/seals on roof and doors and it doesn't seem to be that. I also found what seems to be sunroof drain that mentioned and it's not clogged or anything.

do the leak test around the roof body moldings and windows windshield as others have stated buddy do area by area to get accurate results. Could be a hole under the body molding and its getting in thru there.

Blast your sunroof with flex seal and never open it again

Remove antenna rubber and caulk it up

>sunroof

Stopped reading there. Buying a car with a sun/moonroof was your first fucking mistake. The second was bitching and complaining to people who provided legitimate advice and direction as far as steps to take in resolving your issue. If you can't give an iota of effort to fix your own problem sell your shitbox and buy bus passes for the rest of your life. Fuck the least you could have done was to put this in the qtddtot, but no. You had to kill a perfectly good shitpost thread, and here at Veeky Forums good sir shitposting is our pasttime.

>new sunroof weatherstripping
Also, check the travel on the motor. Sometimes they stop short of fully closed because goo in the track, poor lubrication, out of adjustment, etc.

Good point but no problems there, already ran it back and forth a few times and it closes flush.

>bitching and complaining to people who provided legitimate advice
"You should be ashamed for asking because everyone should just naturally know these things" is not a legitimate advice. I did not bitch at people who gave actual helpful hints.

Also,
I asked a fair question, be it a noob one, but you're the one so mad as to resort to spamming laughing animu girls.