/rsg/ - Runescape General

Next double xp weekend is on September 15th

Previous Thread: Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,668,65940994
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/shattered-worlds-anima-rebalancing--patch-week?jptg=ia&jptv=news_list

>Degrades: has 100,000 charges of combat (a minimum of 16.7 hours), and when it runs out of charges degrades to dust.

>Degrades: has 60,000 charges of combat (a minimum of 5 hours), and costs 4,500,000 coins to repair via a Repair NPC, or discounted at an armour stand

>100k charges
>lasts minimum of 16.7 hours

>60k charges
>lasts a minimum of 5 hours

??????????????????

Why is everything jagex implements so fucking bad?
>hurr durr we want degrading equipment
>I KNOE lets make it lose one "CHARGE" for every hit and every hit taken!! so you can't possibly know how long it will last!

where the fuck's my bikini I didn't get it

Thankfully that got taken care of for torso, legs, and weapon/offhand/shield, due to the flat invention charge hourly rates.
Nex shit was hourly from the get go too.
But yeah, it sucks for planning.

You can ballpark it with monster hit rates. Like say, an attack every 3 ticks for 6 monsters at once. Aggroscything shit. That's 2/tick, 200/minute, 12000 charges an hour, likely where 5 hours could come from.
But I'm not sure if it can go down 2 charges in one tick, so it could be the other one in which is based off 1 charge per tick.
It would be fine if they actually gave that information. But they don't.

Whoopsy, saged on topic post on page 9. I did not mean to do that.

we fucking dead mateos

>gold butts
nice captcha

stop being dead

quick name 10 updates that weren't shit

uhh

While Guthix Sleeps

Something every important for high level gear and tons of money locked behind 385 quest points.

>2008

if you did div with cache it'd take MONTHS to get 99 fuckwit

wat

>your top 10 most hated updates

>mfw

Only use 4 explosives.
If you're going for just crackling and not a pair, or are just at a low invention level, use magic as the 5th component.

looking good m'lady

ok newded heres an image-post of a unicorn training its mining skill before the rework hits

but he doesn't seem to have a pickaxe

>first gemstone dragon task
>got a soul within 30 kills

toolbelt, headbut mining animation, do unicorns have magic?

now get the other 2

>do unicorns have magic?

what the hell kind of question is this, user?

will do

all i remember about unicorns are that its on the back of the scottish flag and only a virgin can tame one

>only a virgin can tame one
sounds pretty magical to me

>on the back of the scottish flag
wait what the fuck

>wait what the fuck
not the saltire the old one

oh ok

Run energy/rest update.

An important one. In the canon of RS only people with runes or rune-replacing items should be able to use spells. Yet somehow eoc decided fucking equines and bats should be able to use magic attacks with no explanation.

a lot of stuff loses 2 charges per tick for some reason

horn is basically a wand, horses arent exactly designed with ramming in mind
as for bats i see your point perhaps some lore regarding vampyres would remedy the situation

>over 600 airut killed
>still don't have a single mask to build with 13 pieces

can trade piece for piece
>multiplayer

which part do you need senpai

ty
I needed headpieces but I got them, I only have lower tusks left

What about the demon in Monkey Madeness? That's the first example of pre-EoC non-rune magic I can think of. But I'm sure there's more.

if you want I can trade them to you, if possible for a plate but I'll accept anything

there's a bunch of stuff that never needed runes to use magic, I'm pretty sure one of the familiars even mentions that demons don't need runes
even some humans can use magic without runes like the lunar clan

well demons are from infernus through which we pass in order to teleport
as learned from baba yaga i believe, runes are only a focus/catalyst through which our natural magics flow
it could be that only gilenorians are subject to this rune requirement but i am personally uncertain

lunar spells do require runes and the clan does have an altar and essence mine
as for familiars they are only the spirit of the creatures and charms could be seen as a substitute for runes in their case

Lunar spells themselves do but the people that live there don't need to use them so that's irrelevant

as i said i believe baba yaga mentions that runes are only a catalyst
as lunar clan became isolated from the rest of civilization they were less subject to the dependence on runes that the barbarians who believed runes to be a gift from the gods depended upon
tl;dr gilenor evolved with access to runes and never thought to do magic without them

RS lore only specifies that humans needed runes to do magic. Other creatures that are implied to be inherently magical can do whatever they want.

>wyvern mask never
>ripper mask never

>wyverns

>ripper mask
>10th kill
>double offhand ripper claw drop
>ironman btw
why cant we toggle any weapons to be on/offhand?

they're fun

If you think so I won't judge you

Well it makes sense for some weapons. Ripper claws for thumb position, orb/wands

Ripper claws should morph onto the skin and form from the hands though. Wielded shit with a handle and brace isn't as COOL.

How do I get good at qbd?

bane

get hsr, ring of vigour, mobile perk
adrenaline stall between kills and use adrenaline potions for that speed

hit her until she dies
repeat until you're good
then go kill a better boss

>hsr

huh

Deal more damage.
The only thing you should actively avoid is the ghost dudes. And only if you can time it right to hit them. You know, wait until just before they attack, THEN move, so the shadow spawns in your previous standing spot.

I'm sure he meant asr

I realized that a few seconds after I posted

Does Divination ever get good? I just got 80 for memevention, but I've never actually used the skill for anything.

Someone explain the customs officer joke to me.

Porters, signs of life, divine charges, transmuting all seem useful to me

Is a joke skill like dungeon and invention just do the dailies and you will get 99 with no time

he's smuggling bicycles

>people actually use those stupid slayer masks

>getting double drops
>forcing tasks
I don't see the problem

>forcing the best melee xp tasks in the game
>stupid

>not forcing good tasks
>not getting double drops

Buy better gear. That's literally it. The 1:05 kill time memes are impossible without near BIS gear. As long as you're getting 2-3 kills per overload dose you're making good money.

>melee

>2 kills per overload dose

If you kill in 2:00 you're not going to get 3 full kills out of one dose. Did you graduate high school?

>tfw full slut outfit tonight

ya and im saying that you should be doing it faster than that to make good money

>good money
I have a feeling this is quite good money for they guy in question even when done at 2:00 per kill.

...which you can't do without high tier gear. which you're not going to waste your time on QBD when you have. QBD with 300m worth of gear maxes out at ~8m for an hour anyway, with 2-6 being more average. if someone is asking how to get good at it I doubt he's going to have the gear for that, so 1:45-2:00 kills and almost 3/ a full 3 kills per overload dose is good money for that gear and that boss.

if he does have that gear and is killing in

rcb with arma and extremes or overloads is consistent sub 2

It's not sub 1:30 though. I did QBD lots with that setup and ~1:40 was when things went perfectly. It was closer to 1:50-2:00 if the weak-to-mage thing happened. As soon as I got nox

I never said they should be doing it sub 1:30, just 3 kills per overload, which is fine when you use

yeah maybe with fucking dbane

it's no one's fault but your's if you don't have it

Why is Crondis still a fat slut after WG supposedly fixed her?

questlets should be killed in the streets.

her diet hasn't taken effect yet

Which you should have before you even think about bossing.

should i go for baby jad

why

Scything piles is fun though, dude.

i like pets

then go for it
you can't use jad as an override yet though

how doable is kiln with ~200 ping?

good luck dealing with all the jads

that's what I'm worried about desu
got fire cape years ago but then when I went to try it again a few weeks ago got fucked
i just want the mage kiln cape to kill ice noodles without running the risk of getting screenshotted and posted here

wear overrides and turn on private mode when you go kill them

yeah that sounds good

>overrides
>not wildy
>not +40%xp

for what it's worth if the only thing you're doing "wrong" is wearing a fire cape instead of a kiln cape I don't think anyone is going to screenshot it

Nothing ever takes effect. West Ardougne is still a slum and Senecianus is still hanging around that mansion.

it might be doable with obsidian armor