TOYOBARU FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

TOYOBARU FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a19037335/mazda-might-give-the-mx-5-miata-26-more-horsepower-for-2019/
MAZDASPEED ND IS (maybe) COMING

nice

in all honesty m8, the miata is a great handling car but i couldn't muster up the balls to be seen in a gay looking car such as this one. you can call me an insecure faggot all you want but i'd rather not be though of as a homosexual purely based on my choice of vehicle desu senpai

its not gay
its only a little feminine.

if its not a big deal why would you make that post

mazda heard your complaints, that's why the ND looks like it's trying to rip off a Jaguar

They really should have stuck with the NA or NB styling though, those were honest and fit the car better

So as is, the ND weighs like 2330 lbs
With 181 hp the power/weight ratio will go from 15 lbs/hp to about 12.9. Pretty decent if they can pull it off.

stick a skyactive-x engine in there. get a huge MPG boost as well as a torque boost

The new style is sleek but still looks like a Cheshire cat thing to me. I like it. Yes its still feminine but not gay

That's quite the jump for a car that weighs so little

Mazda MX-5 + SkyActiv-X engine

>still less power than BRZ
I'll pass

Go away benchracer. Miat has better hp to weight ratio

aren't bbr doing a turbo + blower meme?

I guess you could put =^_^= eye brows and whiskers on it to make it CUTE again.

or one of those anime snaggleteeth

rawr >:3

xD

26 more hp will still give it less at the crank than a tuybaru has at the wheels. Skyactive is a shit platform in every way.

Nice
Still would get the Toyobaru over it, but it's nice to see Mazda upping their game

Power to weight, nigger
Miata only needs to move 12.7lbs/hp while the FRS needs to move 14lbs/hp

Skyactiv actually makes torque, a foreign concept for the Toyburu

Shame it's so ugly that I don't care.

b-b-but the torque dip is a f-feature >_>

n-n-oboody NEEDS all that torque I know how to shift gears.

I don’t think that’ll come until the refresh. But when it does things are gonna be interesting.

>tfw not 2.5l supercharged Skyactiv-X making 230bhp in a 2300lbs Miata
It might fuck with the balance though and they'd need to add weight in the back to compensate

you need to immediately fuck off right now reddit
dont come back until youve got good bait

and that has less power than a C7 ZR1
get mad toyobaru cuck

I think a 1.5L Skyactiv-X would be perfect. Lighter and more revvy than the 2.0L Sky-G with the same power and torque.

The high compression would make supercharging weird for a while. Doesn’t it kinda defeat the point of the X?

It's a clutched supercharger, it's the thing that raises the compression to 16:1. When it detects knock it declutches and lowers the compression

>Mazda uses an easy to service clutched super charger to vary compression
>Nissan uses this retardedness buried deep within the block

It's like 300 - 400 pounds lighter user...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

>miata vs toyobaru
>"i don't want to look gay in a miata"
>this implies that it's better to look like a vapelord whose parents bought the car
this bait gets me every time

Damn this is bad news for us hoping they would produce an updated rx7

Some shit that should have been scrapped in favor of licensing skyactivx from mazda

just like they did against MRS but the MRS was still a better car.

>honest carmaking
I have no problems with this meme spreading out of /tv/. Don't let the redditmen tell you otherwise, you are absolutely right about their design being more honest.

Japan's GM at it again

>tfw mazda and toyobaru fag

Why both? Is one a dedicated track toy? If I were going to run two cars it would be more like a miata and an outback wagon or something like that where the utility vehicle were much more utility-oriented.

>of all the cars, he uses this argument for the toyobaru
how fucking ironing

that cup car hardtop needs to come out on the aftermarket
RF is shitto

I think the FRS is a better track car despite the 2+2 and hard top and the Miata is a better road car despite being a 2 seater convertible

This this isn't really interesting because of the variable compression, but the reduced friction with the cylinder walls increasing thermal efficiency.

Does that outweigh friction and momentum of all the other moving parts?

They seem to think so. The linkage is less of an energy loss than piston head rubbing on cylinder walls.

>car culture is so fucking small in this country
>the ''miata is gay'' shit doesnt fucking exist
suck my dick bro, i'll keep driving mine

It'll be interesting to see how it works in the real world. I like when people try strange engine ideas, but this seems like it invites a lot of opportunities for headache and compromise.

Yeah too many moving parts and it complicates the crankshaft of all things

I wonder what the torque curve will look like. You'd think it'd work best at low RPM, but then why not just make it a diesel with fixed compression and FI? Strange. I wonder where it will shine.

>toyobaru fags on suicide watch
>Mazda ""might"" give the miata 26 more hp
Are Miata owners this insecure?

>diesel
>in the current year
Diesel is basically dead for light duty vehicles, they can't meet emissions standards

Maybe they're planning to mate it with basically a CVT so it can pick and choose some point within a limited rev band to sit at.

when is Koenigsegg coming out wit dem camless heads

They're testing them on old Saabs

Freevalve with Skyactiv-X would be sex

They could but it wouldn't be worth it with all the fuss around diesels these days

Well, they could do it with gas or any other fuel instead. I'm just thinking it would be fundamentally not very rev-happy, but there's an obvious industry trend toward lots of gears in an auto and CVTs that could compensate in a car meant to be sporty.

>ICE with over 60% thermal efficiency
Muh dick

Wait, formula 1 engines dont have 60% efficiency. How can then a road car achieve it?

If a combustion engine in a car could hit 60% efficiency it would change the entire fucking world.
300hp 70mpg. Smaller econoboxes near 100mpg.

That would be incredible, but it ain't happening. Maybe with some crazy DARPA lab materials, but not with anything in use now.

Skyactiv-X is already rumors to have a thermal efficiency just over 50%. If ICEs are allowed to develop more who knows what we'll see in 20-30 years?

i just needed a flashy and baity title ok

I could probably get away with just a supercharger if the miata came 180hp stock. Could get it up to 240hp no stress.

I wouldn't push past that on such a small car though, I hate when things are too squirrelly.

If it's a Skyactiv-X engine it'll already be super charged. Might be too heavy though and fuck with the balance

In practical terms peak efficiency with the Skyactiv X Mazda 3 is when its cruising on 2 cylinders and a mild hybrid system assists it.
I'm not sure just how high the internal thermal efficiency of gasoline SPCCI is, but in practice the fuel consumption numbers are the result of a lot of different factors.
Reaching 50% would be extremely efficient turbo diesel engine territory.

That's basically Mazda's goal with homogeneous charge combustion while cruising
They want to make a gas engine run like a diesel with 16:1 compression without the nox emissions, all on regular 87 octane

It sounds nuts but God damn if they pull it off it'll be a huge leap for the ICE

I don't believe it will actually happen. If it does, I'm glad I was too poor to afford an ND earlier and will get one with my big boi job.

>miata isn't gay
>suck my dick bro
You just set yourself up, m8.

It doesn't sound nuts to me at all, but then again I read about WWII-era aircraft running lean of peak years back and always thought it could be done in a car engine given modern technology.

Aren't they still having transmission issues at stock power levels? That was one of the reasons I got the BRZ instead. It'd be cool to see another real Mazdaspeed Miata with a turbo, but this would be a nice power bump if it's actually true.

The fixed the tranny issues the next year

>Skyactiv-X
>preventing knock with lower manifold pressure
It is a bit more complicated, since it would "knock" already naturaly aspirated, if you would run it like a conventional engine.
The point of the HCCI engine is to run it so far beyond knocking, that it can run insanely high air/fuel ratios at insane compressio ratios.

>Tfw no awesome turbo hatch with crazy hp
>Tfw the gay little roadster still lives

Maybe they'll put the 2.5T engine in the Mazda 3 for shits and giggles.

The 2.5L turbo is a problem engine for Mazda. A 2.5L Skyactiv-X would essentially replace it

Have they confirmed a 2.5l Skyactiv X as of yet?
I've been interested to see what power figures it would output but they haven't mentioned it anywhere that I've seen.

When they announced the new Mazda 6 with the 2.5T I assumed that the Skyactiv X variant would be a long way off.

No conformation, just rumors. But the new Skyactiv-X 2.0L makes as much power as the old Skyactiv 2.5L
They say it's scalable so a 2.5L Skyactiv-X should be good for 230bhp or something

Hey a man can dream

WHY DOESNT MAZDA JUST MAKE A POWERFUL MX5?
WHY DO THEY KEK ON HORSEPOWER?
PUT A ROTORY IN IT FFS

>300hp 70mpg. Smaller econoboxes near 100mpg.
Peak efficiency doesn´t realy matter all that much, beeing efficient at low power while beeing capable to produce much power is the goal.

>WWII aircrafts running lean
Totaly different, they had something like 6-8:1 compression ratio and used high octane AvGas fuel with their superchargers switched off.
To run at full power they had methanol or nitrous injection

The germans used 400 shot of nitrous in some engines...

Because you can actually push it to the limits without getting your car impounded in the process with the power it has
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slow

Right, but the general principle was that if you consider the ICE, then traditional automobiles are pretty much asking for knock, and running extra rich for peak power as a way to avoid it isn't necessarily the only solution.

I figured with modern turbo tech and all the sensors and fuel injection and timing adjustments with modern ECUs, you could probably run like normal until you got the boost up high enough to switch over to running super lean.

Brb having fun redlining my early 90s Toyota hilux to reach 90km/h

It'll roll right over if you try to corner as hard as a Miata

Because it would price it out of any market. You want a 50k miata? Also,
>rotary
What rotary? They're dead except for the range extender shits coming out.

Well, with direct injection you can switch between running rich enough to barely prevent knock to lean enough to preven knock without getting knock inbetween.

Also I have to correct myself about the germans running up to 400 shots of nitrous, they went up to 550 shots.

The 2.5 SPCCI has a tall order to fill in replacing the 2.5 turbo, even if its just resolving some reliability issues.
Mazda says the turboed 2.5 will have equal or better fuel economy than NA 2.5 Skyactiv. Producing that much power while being able to cruise at 35mpg highway is impressive.

If a 2.5L Skyactiv X could equal that in power while having even better mileage it would be pretty incredible.

And your mx-5 will be impounded if you corner hard enough to roll a early 90s hilux.
Fine. Just a factory turbo optiom

I always wanted to have enough free time and money to try my hypothesis, but figured there surely must be some reason why manufacturers weren't doing this. The best answer I had suggested to me is that ECU tech wasn't up to evening out the cylinder-to-cylinder combustion differences you'd get running that lean, but I think DI was probably the key innovation.

If they do a MSM for the RF, sign me the fuck up. Probably gonna get one thid summer anyway.

The ND isn't bad, the NA through NC are a little embarassing

>And your mx-5 will be impounded if you corner hard enough to roll a early 90s hilux
Maybe in Bongistan or the land of 'roo fuckers

Na a cute

I didn't even read the article yet but the 04 MSM added like 150 lbs between the turbo, the intercooler, chassis bracing and the hundred other little things they tweaked and beefed up. It only added like 29 hp but it was ready for 250 no problemo with a few minor mods (Big Enchilada).

More like 450 to 480 lbs lighter

So you don't have lowered speed limits around corners? The 60 mile limit continues on windy Mountain roads?

There are recommended limits in yellow signs, but they're just recommendations. The limits on white signs are absolute

>there surely must be some reason why manufacturers weren't doing this
Indeed, you need to calculate so many factors like intake air temperature, octane, intake air pressure, cylinder pressure and some more to figure out where it can switch.
That has to be done in miliseconds and for each cylinder individualy.
Then you have to switch without changing power drasticly, or consumers will complain.

Direct injection indeed made this more simple, but Smokey did something verry simmilar with special carburettors and a turbocharger.

You have corner-specific speed limits in Bongistan? In the US we have signs to advise a lower speed (common on tight exit ramps) and sometimes a different speed limit for trucks in hilly areas.

Even those "absolute" speed limits are suggestions. If the limit is 65mph on a highway expect everyone to be going 75mph or faster

Nigger British road police are pretty chill when it comes to hooning. They usually only give a shit about drivers going 100mph+ driving on the motorway or people breaking the 30mph limit in towns. You have to be doing some serious hooning in the sticks to get a traffic cop to go night fever on you.