Are V8's a meme?

are V8's a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y7AZFfc0ddE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, but Turbos are.

No, with new tech V8s are going to be more efficient and last longer than memeboost

The next gen GM's can run on one cylinder so using turbos for "economy" is a meme.

Yeah, they're overrated shit.

cars are a meme.

God, imagine a new Mazda Skyactiv X V8

>memeboost is "new"

Displacelet degeneracy is a fad that comes and goes.
EPA CAFE cuckery.

They ruined the raptor by putting a weedwacker sounding engine under the hood of a fantasy-class truck with a ~700lb payload when fully optioned out
>3.5L
>"Truck" engine

is that a Ford? I'm not sure.

V8s are a literal meme, and in the case of the Raptor they just took two of the cylinders and replaced them with turbos

Sound-wise you're upgrading from boomer-shit meme farts to a GTR-like experience

>Ford Ruined a halo car for EPA reasons and called it progress
>V6 sound
>"Upgrade"

All praise the mighty v8 shiny and chrome

Both of these sediments...

I need to get a Jetfire.

Oh, absolutely. Inefficient and heavy. Good only for special applications

literally nobody with a boomerbarge would get laid because of it in 2018

For towing? No.

For anything else? Yes.

Yes, you don't need v8, give it to me, it meme, give me v8 you no want it meme, ok I take your no wanting v8.

Says the guy that's never had a real v8. U literally and unironically don't know what you are missing.

Here are acceptable engines for their applications

Towing/work vehicles and hobbyist weekend drivers - V8
Daily drivers - inline six
Disposable vehicle you buy for the wife because she wants to gimmicky options - V6
Cuck boxes and riding mowers - 4 cylinders

V8 is the final solution to the automotive question desu senpai

> Be Ford
> Make Halo-Truck
> Taurus Engine
> Instant trucklet status

>boomer-shit meme farts
have you ever actually been around an actual car in your life, or is your knowledge of cars limited to what you watch on velocity?

>Some autist driving his old project car is more likely to get laid than a normalfag in his driving appliance
>"Why does this car smell of gas"
>"This car is too loud"
>"I'm scared let me out of this car"

Meanwhile in every heavy truck...

That doesn't work. In the old days it did because it said he had money.

who would unironically daily farm machinery

Yes

Big engines are for people who can't build small cars

yes

>Literally one of my dream builds.
>almost impossible for anyone who isn't in oz

Being a burger really is suffering sometimes.

>worst mustang design
>turbo v6 from a gm
literally why my dude

can't you ship a barra over? If any country is swap friendly, it's 'Merica

I know from experience you've got enough space to fit a big girl in the back of the Prius and fuck her
>t. guy who's into fat chicks

>V6
>From a GM
Are you literally blind? That's a ford straight six you dingus. Hence why it has ford written on the rocker cover and is straight

I've always wanted to do the inverse of this and bolt a turbo-ed 4.2 Atlas into a third gen F-body

Buy a Kia.

>t. guy who can't get anything else than fat chicks

Maybe for soyboy pickups but real trucks have i6's

>V6 Raptor
>V6 GT
>Focus RS nobody bought
>Acura NSX NOBODY bought
>Civic Type R took rice too far
>M3 is pigfat
>Auto-only Supra with BMW engine
>still cant see out of a Camaro
>Viper is kill
>Commodore is kill

are there any Halo cars left that arnt huge disappointments?

TVR Griffith
Lexus LC500

>>Acura NSX NOBODY bought
w r o n g

then why are there so many of them available on Autotrader?

are there exactly 1400 of them on autotrader? because out of that 1400 built for 2017 1000+ were sold.

>Focus RS nobody bought
What a fucking moron Ford dealers charged up to 20k extra because people still paid for it.

I never would have thought GM was going to save the large displacement ICE

Nah, new Nissan Titan.

There is one, that didn't ruin itself.
Still 2 solid axes, still has a winch, still has a V8, still comes with a factory lift and A/Ts, it's not just a specialized Baja-buggy it can do other things, AND it still has usable towing -payload- and space.

>You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

>Eats transmissions like cookies

>~700lb payload

You think that sounds terrible. Until you realise 700lbs is just the difference between gross and tare weight.

Stick the driver and a passenger in it and you now have a 350lbs payload capacity.

It's not going to spontaneously combust if you exceed 350lbs... Well it is a Ford so lets maybe not rule that out. You could throw your fat family and 2000lbs in the back and it wouldn't care. It's not like regular vehicles have to go through the weigh stations anyways.

>It's not going to spontaneously combust if you exceed 350lbs

Who said that it would? You could also over load a pickup rated at 2000 lbs and it won't explode so what is your point?

Your implying that it's physically impossible to carry more than 350lbs.

>ton of power when you need it
>can deactivate 4 cylinders and run super lean to get amazing mpg
Would shit all over turbo 4's

Praise the V8s!

No. I am implying that the payload rating is pathetic.

I have loaded my shitboxes to the bump stops on numerous occasions. But my rated for 1,400 lbs payload shitbox carries a lot less weight before I hit the bump stops than my other shitbox rated for 2800lbs.

>ford makes a 500 hp n/a v8 for the mustang
>the ecotoot raptor barely makes 425
>there's a shelby variant that makes 700
>the ford raptor will never have this godmachine of an engine, let alone a higher displacement variant

trucks are literally exempt from fuel economy regulations, what's stopping ford from making a truck with an ungodly 1000+ HP engine? are they ashamed of making V8s?

That's 500hp and no torque which is a bad choice for a truck. Trucks weigh a lot so you can't just turn the boost up on a small turbo V6 without stressing the shit out of the engine. A lot of stock ecoboost trucks can't even keep their internals on the inside at stock sub 400hp levels.

We can only hope they actually make the 7 liter Raptor though that would be one massive and heavy motor.

Exists
youtu.be/y7AZFfc0ddE

As tested in one of the review mags, hidden, was a 660lb* payload. Some asshole is going to realize that when he's about to go out with his buddies, they have room for the 3 of them and nothing else - not even wendys, because they alone exceed the payload of that trucklet.

And if you got in an accident because you overloaded your vehicle, do you believe insurance is going to cover any of that?
>1/2ton loaded like a 3/4ton
>overload it routinely
>"Wow why are the components wearing out so fast?"

>Ford being capable of making a real V8 for their raptor
>Chooses not to

1/2ton trucks count for CAFE EPA sheeiit.
Heavy duty trucks (2500s, 3500s on up) Do not.

>GVWR of 8,500 pounds or more or a curb weight over. 6,000 pounds.

Ferd putting muh ecobootht in their halo car, is literally to sell more ecoboothts to regular F-150 drivers (same rationale for the 2.7L pricing, making it as standard option) - to help their EPA Corporate Average Fuel Economy rating across the board.

>Cucked to the EPA
>Displacelet engines
>Call it "progress", pretend it's what people want
>Fully capable of making turbo V8 or V10 in their halo-truck
>Don't
>Pretend its not a gimmick

No. If you were to build a graph plotting vehicle weight and speed vs engine displacement (same gears and transmission) there would be points where larger engines have better fuel economy. My 5.0 f150 rarely goes over 2000 rpm during daily driving so it would probably last 500k miles or more easily, and it already averages 21 mpg combined driving

>In before the trucklet owners try to tell you their factory truck is so fast, *WITH A CHIP*
>"Factory"
>"With a chip"
>Goodluck with the warranty claim mate
>"This setup with a turbo and intercooler is less complex than a V8, somehow"
>"Putting a turbo on a small engine to power a 5,000lb truck that will also theoretically tow and haul is a complete 1 for 1 when compared to a big diesel engine, it's literally exactly the same, it's not but. Hey. Reasons."

Tvr Griffith is awesome but every time I look at it I think: why would I pay $90k for a 5.0 roadster when I can overengineer a 5.0 cobra for $45k

>5.0 V8
>Meets spec for Chad-class engine displacement
>Sounds like sex
>Plenty of power
>Easy to maintain
>Recommended by shop technicians
>Good MPG for large truck

If they wanted to put a turbo engine in the Raptor instead of the 6.2, Ford should have put a turbo on THAT engine and offered that in the raptor.

Pistons are a meme

>displacements will never ever have 500 lb ft of torque at 1800 rpm

People like to shitpost with pushrod/ohc memes, but if you ignore all the modern computers and electronics on the coyote and just looked at the top and bottom end, you can legitimately consider it a high performance (race) engine

>LT4 makes that off idle
K E K
E
K

>Silly amounts of torque
>Godtier soundtrack with it
>Displacelets can't even compete

>Ford has a Chad-engine with even more potential
>Insists on the virgin veesix sadness ecobootht

V8lets will never have 7000ft lbs at 1rpm

>The raptors payload isn't so bad because you can overload it if you want to
>Don't overload your truck man lots of bad stuff happens!

>on paper the best truck
>real world its the lowest selling
What did Dodge mean by this?

>Cost
>3/4ton buyers want to put plows on it and tow goofyheavy trailers with Cummins engines
>Won't do those things
>Good at truck stuff, but not bigtime truckstuff
>Lifestyle vehicle, Halo-truck, 10k towing, good payload, and offroad, and winch
>But not a 100/100 for HD 3/4ton truck buyers
>And no discounts.

Great truck, but not for ALL buyers.

They supposedly hold their resale pretty well too.

>/LAUGHS IN W16

My Cummins tows just fine if not better than a V8

>Pretend OP included diesel engines
>Humblebrags about his 6.7L Chad i6 cummins godtier diesel

t. Never spoken to a female and also can't tune a carbie

> Displacelets, never spoken to a female, can't attract a female, nor work on their car anyway.
>Might as well drive a chadmobile

I guess it's possible. Just the sheer magnitude of work it would take to put it in a fox body is nuts. Not to mention the fact that parts availability would be non-existent.
There are maybe a couple thousand people in the entire united states who have even seen a Barra. A fraction of them might know the ins-and-outs, and a fraction of them still may be willing to help on an ambitious project like that one.

Why does Dodge recommend premium fuel for the Hemi? Isn’t it just a truck engine?

Probably higher compression

The 2nd gen coyotes in the 2017+ mustangs can get 30 mpg

>tfw no ecoboost v6 mustang
>easily 450 stock hp
>buy $500 tuner to add another 20% without any other modifications
If they could make it the same price as the V8 I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't put it past them to do a mustang SVO or something in the next year, but I'd imagine it would be limited prod

Do you know what the difference is if you get the short gears from the performance pack? Looking seriously at 2015+ mustangs but fuel is a bit of a concern at $3.50/gal

I’ve always thought that the 3.5 v6 ecoboost would be a better option than the 2.4 i4. The 2.3 is stressed pretty high and would last nowhere near as long as the 3.5 which isn’t actually pushed that hard to make 365 hp in other vehicles like the f150. The obvious reason that they didn’t do it is because at the time they already had a v6 model and they also didn’t wanna strip sales from the GT.

I did some research and in long term tests the average was around 20 with mixed highway and city with as high as 27. In predominantly city it got as low as 12.5.

>tfw no ecoboost 6.2

>are they ashamed of making V8s?
the short answer: yes.

Long answer: the EPA has been cucking cars since it was first created, and CAFE has been cucking them especially.

but that alone shouldnt really hurt cars like it has. between the 70's and the 90's there were still plenty of nice American cars.

But then Ford started getting real lazy, and compounded by the 2008 crash and auto industry shakeup, decided to suck Obama's dick with the "one ford" direction, whereby they no longer do regional cars, and instead sell the same thing everywhere.

of course, just like globalism, this does not mean making everyone else buy American tastes. It means forcing european tastes and shit on Americans. And Obama loves european style faggotry. I think on some level, Ford actually has drunk the own koolaid here, and actually believes this progressive future nonsense about the end of private car ownership and the end of the ICE. And to believe that, they have to be ashamed of their V8's, because they are big and scary and too toxically masculine.

also lets not forget California is the largest Car market in the US, and they demand european style faggotry in their cars, which means if automakers want in on that market they have to pander to it.

tl;dr being a multinational American company means you cease to be an American company and cease actually caring about american tastes, because it's easier to force everyone elses tastes on America

>"stock"
>"But if you add___ mod"
>Goodluck with your warranty pal

I don't know why people do that.

>This axle is the most bullet proof axle in the world.
>All you have to do is change everything except the axle tubes

>Aluminum truck with a permeable bed
>Tell everyone it's progress
>Blue oval fanboys telling EVERYONE their next fullsize trucks are going to be all aluminum
>Blue oval fanboys telling EVERYONE their next fullsize trucks are going to have displacelet boosted engines
>2019
>GM and Ram offering trucks without aluminum beds, AND V8s

>Small displacement engines in a fullsize truck
>2.7L engine, with a "fullsize truck"
>"Nah towing and hauling with an engine that size in a 5000lb vehicle CAN'T wear out or be any different whatsoever from a 3,300lb car with that setup."
>Ford Explorer looks like a minivan
>Expedition looks like a large minivan
>Expedition has an ecobootht in it too
>Raptor has an ecobootht
>Ferd GT Safespaceonly mobile has a 3.5L engine, cause that's not cuckery
>It's "progress", now buy the micro-engine, bigot
>Ford "leading the way", toward "the future": self-driving plastic hybrid cars - but we will all have to take ubers anyway because they'll run $100,000 because mm'government mandates
>"Auto enthusiast" bloggers clapping like trained seals
>"I can't wait to sit in this rounded off vehicle with no engine noise, that drives itself - that I don't own anyway.
Isn't driving fun!"

I refuse to buy a virgin Euro-compact.
Not just because it doesn't suit my needs, but because they are lifted from the weakness of europe.
That continent also puts out the BMW M-series, ferraris, bugattis, you name it - We're talking about the serf-mobiles of europe. And those little shitboxes are fucking sad.

It pains me to see how Ford HAD such great chadmobiles.
The superduty series looked great from 2001-2016. Now...
The Gen 1 raptor looked great, this one is eh, but the engine does it in.
The F-150s, cucked.
The Mustangs visually keep stepping backwards. It looks like a halfbreed between a BMW and a once proud mustang, fuckoff with that noise. Now it looks like neither.
The expedition looks like a minivan.

Shitlibs ruined this American brand.
Sad

So by comparison is Dodge going all out in one last autistic fit of tard strength beforehand being consumed by Fiat?

FORD IS LITERALLY BUILDING A FLAT PLANE CRANK MUSTANG, AN AWD RALLY CAR, A SUPERCAR WITH THE ENGINE OF A LITERAL RACE CAR (Daytona prototype) AND USING THAT SAME RACE MOTOR IN A MASSIVE 4X4 MONSTER

HOW DUMB ARE YOU, YOU FUCKING MORON

i think the idiots on this board want you to believe that the global auto companies are all building Fits/Fiestas/HRVs/Corollas/etc and that's it. they're ONLY building and selling cars that have 4 cylinders or less, and are built solely with practicality and efficiency in mind.

when REAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY, it couldn't be further from the truth. they build and sell 7 fuel efficient cars so the next 3 can be stupidly fast or powerful and not have to gimp the performance. that's how the environmental rules work, you have to take an average of all of your cars sold and as long as the numbers work out, you can build 10 Fits and 2 NSXs, or 8 Fiestas and 4 GT350Rs, etc etc.

but you guys don't understand that, it doesn't really make sense to you because ultimately you can't afford the nice cars anyways. which isn't a bad thing, because it seems like if you bought them, they'd be going into bad hands

Dodge offering the hellcats, and offering up a Demon is a tribute to american excess.
They offer how many high-HP hemis in their challengers?

They are the antithesis of the eurofag serf-mobiles.

>i sit around and masturbate to the idea of the 265hp 4.6L V8
>i wish the mustang still had the OHV 5.0
>why does the F150 have more than 300hp....
>why does the GT have a literal race engine....it should have the supercharged 5.4L and be slower
>someone post the lc500 again

They had to make the Ferd F-150 weigh 4700lbs, make it out of beercans, and put a 2.7L euro-engine, in order to try to make that Corporate Average Fuel Economy work out.

They cucked the GT in order to sell more of those ecobootht engines.
They stuffed one in their halo-truck, the raptor, to sell more of those engines.
They made it in the only option in the expedition, for CAFE reasons.

They fucked their "trucks" into trucklet status to make that average.
Who wants a fucking trucklet?