/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>88 crx edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>Bird karma
youtube.com/watch?v=8hxk01j00V4

>Engine wash
youtube.com/watch?v=3JXxCGUZVYw

>UEL Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=vB-KDzrFxjc
youtu.be/cQ0mj1fntlA
youtu.be/2YKyEwxOAvU

>Shingu's Burnout
youtube.com/watch?v=MS0sdkghFtM

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

harborfreight.com/16-pc-12-in-drive-metric-socket-set-63458.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will update the collage later, nihgas.

I really want to K swap my EK but it doesn't seem worth the time.

Never seen louvers on a 2g lude before. Custom?

Current Collage

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

Talked to the people doing the carbon fiber work for me. They're going to try to get some WIP pictures.

Also if anyone knows where I can get a carbon fiber hatch made, let me know.

I tried asking on facebook and they basically told me that if I was in the honda community and asking on facebook then I automatically can't afford it.

kek

Gonna be some interesting pics for sure.

Look what I did yesterday.

>Go hard on it forever like a Honda shifter should be treated
>Gently shift into third cruising
>Snaps

It's a a B&M too. I'm keeping a junkyard AW11 knob on it until I replace the whole thing. There's like zero leverage now.

didnt you already break a shifter?

someone in hg did

I dont even understand how thats possible

This is the one that came with the car two and a half years ago. I thought it was the best mod the car had at the time but I guess not. I did have a Password JDM extension screwed on top to make up for the high sitting Si seats so I guess the extra leverage weakened it. Blew my mind.

>Shift into third
>Just falls over

This would be perfectly fine if it didn't freely rotate. Some local is offering me a free short shifter so I'll put that in Saturday.

Looking racecar af.

What are the most common tool sizes that I will be using when working on my Accord? It's a '93 CB7. First and foremost, I need to do an oil change again and replace the air filter in case along with it.

But I want to get at least two-three different sized ratchets and most if not all of the sizes of nuts/bolts I will be encountering.

8 10 14 17 18 19 32 mm sockets if I remember. Just grab the little metric kits hanging on the shelf at harbor freight and add an 18mm and 32mm on top of it. 32 is for the axle nut but that may be different from my Civic.

Kek. Gotta shift it with some muscle now but I might not use that extension again. Wish I bought that K Tuned shifter that a friend was selling a while back but man that shit is pricey.

Gotcha, thank you based shingu. Although the nearest Harbor Freight is 3 hours away... So would home depot have something like that?

They should. Harbor Freight does ship so compare prices if you're trying to keep things cheap. I've had zero issues with HF sockets so far.

My jgm ep3

What do you guys think?

>Cali boi
That's nice, user.

So something like this yeah with a 32mm as well?

harborfreight.com/16-pc-12-in-drive-metric-socket-set-63458.html

You missed 12mm

Also get a lot of extensions of different lengths and a metric allen wrench set

and box end wrenches with ratchet feature

Well I'm kind of poor, so I need to get the bare minimum right now. If I can spend less than $100 in total, I'd be happy.

I really like it except for the wheels. I like most SSR wheels and respect the fact that you didn't buy reps, but they aren't my taste. My buddy had an EP3 years ago until he totaled it and I loved the thing. Seeing yours kind of wants to make me trade my CL-S for one.

I like it man, I picked up an SiR a couple months ago.

Then get only the following:

10, 12, 14, 17, a 4 way tire iron

Get those as sockets and box end wrenches

Then get yourself a pair of pliers, a flush cutter and various sizes of phillips screwdrivers.

That will allow you to take apart basically all of the external and interior pieces.

If you want to do some electrical work too and are on an extreme budget, don't bother getting a flush cutter as you can just use a nail clippers and get yourself a wire stripper from the dollar store.

Get electrical tape and a small pen soldering iron and some solder.

If you want I can put a shopping list together with prices.

oh and extensions
lots of extensions, various sizes

Your car is to clean we can all see you kneeling on the pavement for the picture

is that an s12 on the right?

Second gen Prelude. They do look similar though.

If you could, that would be nice.

How good is the 1.5 vtec engine ?
There's pic related with it for an fairly good price near me

Forgot the picture....

>wanted to pick up a throwout bearing locally because I wanted to replace it Saturday
>literally no stores carry it
>end up buying one from Amazon and paying extra for Saturday delivery

They better fucking deliver. That bearing refuses to shut up now. Also gonna check on and possibly replace the rear main seal. Clutch still grabs really strong so I'm not too worried about that.

I almost wanted to buy a clutch kit from AutoZone, taking the bearing out of that, and returning it with my old bearing cleaned up in the box. That would be a total dick move for the next guy to buy that kit, though. I'd feel terrible.

Best bet is to take it for a test drive. Like all other D series, they're reliable tanks.

Proud owner of an FN2R Civic as of today. Bought it off an elderly couple that drove it only 35,000kms for a 2009 model. Got it for 12k aud, fucking cheap

What do you think of people that put the red type R badges on their basic civics?

I don't care, but it is disappointing like when you see an FA1 with Si wheels on it.

bump, looks mint

Hoping to mount the topbox rack this weekend, if it warms up a little. But, alas, the snowpocalypse means she's all tucked up in the garage away from the ice and the snow and the salt.

>want to get a 7th gen civic hatch
>look up some videos on youtube
>muh Type R EP3 everywhere
>all of them are LHD

Wasn't that one only for Japan?

Post pics?

Very nice. What do you use when you store your baiku?

EP3 is EUDM

What's that?

The garage and the side-stand.
She's not in long-term storage for the winter or anything, but there's 6 inches of snow on the ground right now, and it's still falling. Hopefully it'll have melted by next weekend.

uh please post a real honda, this is a honda general

Today's the day.

I gotta take this on a 400 mile road trip in less than 24 hours. In that timeframe I need to replace the rear brakes, torque down some suspension stuff, return my loaners, get it emissions tested (and presumably fixed because it failing is almost certain), plated, titled, insured, and registered.

Wish me luck boys.

good luck breh

Why don't you keep your car in full working order at all times?

So had guy look at buying my Civic now. Dad never listened to me talk about the issues with the car but he listened to the guy looking to buy it when they noticed same issues. His son apparently wants to fix it up so I'm happy if he buys the thing.

So I guess I'm looking at cars tomorrow. There's a 13' civic ex coupe for 11k that I'm looking at so hopefully things go well and I can make a deal for 10k.
Dad's still gonna try to get it to 9k though.
How are 9th gens?

Pretty good. Even the automatic ones. People complain about uncomfortable seats though

I don't even remember the seats when I drove one. Those gauges were great, though. Also liked the extra cameras even though it had plenty of window to work with.

This would be so much better looking without the hood bra.

>buy pizza
>put sauce on dash holder
>make a hard left
>sauce slides completely across dash
>launches off end
>hits window
>hits pizza on passenger seat
>hits door
>finally hits ground
>didnt open
Based.
Hondas and pizza go too well with each other.

2007 honda fit, nearing 150k miles
when to know when i need a valve adjustment?
also how easy is it to change (not completely flush) the transmission fluid? I thought about getting a dealership to do it but some youtube videos didn't make it seem so bad. i do my own oil changes but the tranny fluid looks a little more complicated

>sauce
>pizza
>>sauce

Well the one I'm looking at is black (god I hope paint is durable) and leather seats.
Hopefully it's there and we can get it slightly less.
Not sure where I'm gonna park old car before the guy comes back. He needed to talk it over with his wife or something.

because i bought it with fucked steering.

Well anyways said fuck it to the emissions shit for now and i'm on 90 day plates. driving it to CA tomorrow

gotta make that crust worthwhile

If it's like my Civic the transmission fluid only needs change no flush. It can be done at home but ya need a hose probably or a bendable lengthy funnel to fill the thing. Also buy a manual to read how to do it properly.

Still miss my civic but went with my roommate to get this $600 beauty today, guy kept saying it's a mini me but it's a D16Z6 block. He said it has a Y8 head but I'm not sure why anyone would do that. Either way it should be fun to fix up.

>Blue windshield cowling and wipers
Damn...

That actually isn't bad for 600 if it runs good though.

Welp. Harmonic balancer decided to separate the pulley from itself, and now I gotta get two new belts and a new harmonic balancer.

@244k miles life

My CB7 will raise again soon.

He claimed the blue was plastidip but I haven't messed with it. My roommate is gonna hit the whole thing with the pressure washer tomorrow, hopefully it'll come off with that. It seems to run fine but it's on atrocious no-name ebay suspension and it desperately needs an alignment

My balancer unbolted itself somehow a while back. My battery carried me many miles to my buddy's place to fix it. Dry cell batteries are no joke.

Nice car for the money. I'm sure it'll have its annoying little problems like my tenth owner 94 hatch. It had eBay in the front too.

>pulling my trans to replace throw out bearing and maybe the rear main seal if it's bad
>Paid extra to have this bearing delivered tomorrow
>California

I really hope UPS is up to the task of getting that bearing to me in Louisiana on time.

I have roadside assistance, so the only time I had to start the car was to park it once the guy got the car unloaded from the flatbed. WHen I get the parts, I'm just ognna do it in the street since it's an easy fix.

should I buy a honda insight?

The hood bra is growing on me. I'm putting one on my car in the spring. Though I'd rather have a wind deflector to protect my hood instead desu

Pizzaposting unironically makes this general comfy

If manual, sure

Honda and pizza is a perfect match.

>Tfw three of my coworkers deliver in modern Nissans

Good luck with those transmissions.

They apparently do their job nicely. Hoovie's Garage bought a first gen ES300 with one and after cleaning up the mess underneath the bra, the paint looked really good. I think the thing to do is to take it off when washing the car to keep debris from building up.

I started seeing a CM coupe delivering for Marco's the last few days. Godspeed little Honda. Marco's is awful to deliver for.

Why did you buy a broken car?

Not him but I'm close to buying a fcked crx too
It's just that noone in my country sells them unless there is something wrong with them

what said.

an unfucked CRX demands a premium, and money for me is not an easy commodity.
With a shitload of elbow grease and not much money I got a working B16 swap rex thats actually held up pretty good. paiints mediocre but theres no body damage or rust.

I also bought it as a learning experience, to work on it, and i got just exactly that. More work than i bargained for but overall i've enjoyed it and i dont have regrets.

> That retarded underbite US bumper
> It's got one in the back too
> Busting yourself to buy a broken economy car from the 90s
No wonder you don't get many bikers in here.

should've gotten at least 17" on that EP3

Looks corny to me but that's just my opinion. I'll admit the one in OP doesn't look as bad as it does on other cars.

So basically it protects a tiny portion of your hood's paint? I get why people in the salt belt use it - basically to prevent the salt from rusting the front of their hood while driving through it.

Good news I got two options at that dealer bow but ones a sedan and without leather.
Hope the coupe I'm after I can talk down price cause it's been in two minor collisions.
At dealer there's a big dent on the bottom body on passenger side but I'm still going for it.
Drives good.
If I had the cash I would get a dual sport or cb but it'll have to wait. There's some nice low displacement

Test

Fug might have to pick it up Monday. Dad forgot equifucks lock passcode.
Well I got it anyways though it's clearly been woman owned.
Paint has issues but man it's responsive.

>Test
Filtered.

Multiple sets exist and it's non-OEM, they look hideous because they completely ruin the lines of the car.

Yeah that's what they do
It would've protected my hood from rusting

D series 1.6 CRX or B16A2 EK hatch.
Both cost 3k €, but I have my suspicions that the EK is slightly fucked with 250k km+ under hood.
CRX is about 220k km, but as I understood the guy told me that the engine is virtually indestructible and its an older gent, while hatch is riced to hell and back and owned by a 20 y/o. What are the chances it was trashed?

New spoiler

wtf do I do about rims
toss or get fixed?

poorfag here looking for a first car.

will a manual 5th gen prelude treat me well?

a friend of mine is selling a stock one with 190k miles for $1700. everything stock. salvage title due to theft.

thanks for your time.

As a first car as long as that runs well enough it's fine.

Drag Week 2018 registration in 30 minutes, wish me luck bois. The 3rd Gen is gonna make another appearance if I can get registered in time. It sold out in 4 minutes last year.

100%

Use them as winter wheels if you have a snow season. If not, buy new wheels and sell these

D-series CRX. Great engine, and you can make a lot of power with a Z6 or the like. Go for it. Also, 220k km's it isn't even broken in.

agreed, the 'flow' of the lines should either face downwards in line with the c pillar or horizontally and not obtrude outwards as much as possible. The 80s aesthetic was all about geometric harmony and inspired by computer components.

if they faced downwards you would be able to see out the back window due to the rake of the glass

The 80s were about cocaine and vector graphics

WOOOOOOOOW

Shingu, better get better for me to pop by New Orleans and see that WWII museum

Just realized that my 2011 honda accord (145k miles, 4cyl) suffers from pic related.

Worth calling the dealership and asking about getting it fixed?