/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Hungry Pickle Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app here: my.mixtape.moe/qpdnqs.png
-Test build MHXX update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/kdcqnv.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Lagiacrus, MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MHF-Z, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=97nohVDX0HU
youtube.com/watch?v=5iVVniNmf3M
youtube.com/watch?v=gz8lWa98zkE
youtube.com/watch?v=8nJMKlHSRLw
youtube.com/watch?v=PvlqnyAA2dk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gen 1: Monster Hunter (PS2): 14 large monsters
Gen 2: Monster Hunter 2 Dos: 23 large monsters
Gen 3: Monster Hunter Tri: 18 large monsters
Gen 4: Monster Hunter 4: 51 large monsters
Gen 5: Monster Hunter Wordl: 60 large monsters

>they can program this into the game, but not satisfying weapon damage effects

we HD now

Did Tri really only have 18 large monsters? What the fuck

yep

Reminder that gen 2 was just chicken reskins

Most of the weapons have pretty good damage effects, the only ones I'm not too big of a fan of are the hammer's sounds just sounding really weak and the switch axe's phial explosions being way too small

That was the cost of throwing everything out and starting fresh. Best they could do at that time.

Actually want to try out hunting horn.

What exactly should my mind set be when using one?

And do i just ignore those notes I'm getting when my main aim is dealing damage since I've already have complete buffs on?

Lastly, When should i perform? away from the enemy? near the enemy (opening)? or after a combo (opening)?

The fuck? Gen 2 added crabs and monkeys.

the dust and dirt really sucks

Qurupeco is my favorite chicken reskin. The best part about it is that there's no other chicken reskins so it doesn't stand out as a chicken reskin.

Stand in a corner and don't hit the monster.

Yeah it feels like just another monster. Gravios being a chicken really stands out to me as "we have ideas but nowhere to put them". He shoulda been a brute

I don't get why that one bow footage had a TON of blood while the rest don't. I really do think it's just an option somewhere.

>trying to get a repair for my N3DS XL so I can finally play a Monster Hunter that isn't FU again
>sent an email to Nintendo support 2 weeks ago
>not even an automated reply
>go to just book an assessment anyway
>there isn't even a fucking option for a New 3DS XL
Why is this so janky? I just want to play 4U on my shitty handheld
World can't come soon enough

>Lastly, When should i perform? away from the enemy? near the enemy (opening)? or after a combo (opening)?
That really depends, hitting the monster with a recital is easyt, but the encore is risky.

>blood coating

Do reskins of large monsters in the total tally? Because that's bullshit.

>Do reskins of large monsters in the total tally?

Yes, they inflate the mark.

Monsters like Azure Rathalos, Silver Rathalos, and Dreadking Rathalos are all unique and separate from each other, OF COURSE they get counted

Its that middle one you fuck

That's not for XLs, user

pick 3ds then you ahve more options

15 new ones though (iirc, unless I'm forgetting something beyond diablos, rathian and rathalos that were old).

What has no place here is you complaining about this shit. If you didn't complain since 3 added the Switch Axe and the nothing personnel slash you have no reason to complain now, also considering that the only real "anime" arts are limited to duals, LS, the chainsaw CB one and the bomb HBG one.

>then you ahve more options
I wish
It just asks you to select the exact color model

Did the guy fall over because he was sliding while having 0 stamina?

Why shouldn't i equip auto-guard?

because you can't guard with hammer

i've fallen
and i can't get up

It wastes a charm slot and it's more helpful to guard on your own.

Christ. I hope these slopes don't fuck me up.
Please don't become the new "ledge".

only girls use auto-guard

what if I'm a girl(male)?

Edges and slopes only fuck you up if you have literally 0 spacial awareness.

Because you should be guard pointing, not just holding guard.

So they actually didn't use 3D models for the monsters for once?

Or don't have an old 3DS and CPP, given the N3DS's nub is fucking worthless.

I fucking love how goofy the raths look in this game. They always have this ridiculous grin, it's great

They're practically born with shit-eating grins for a reason.

Your camera position has no bearing on map awareness. You should remember the layout of zones and where the ledges are.

Is there a good quest to farm charms in 3U?

So THAT'S why i thought that scene looked weird when watching. Didn't even notice until you pointed out.

Also maybe it's just me but i feel like the game should've left a little time to the player to get used to the village and the characters before the Nargacuga thing. The first 10 episodes of the anime are boring but stuff like the monster race would've been cool.

All happens too fast as of now.

Been a while since Ive played monster hunter and I fancy making a new character and getting back into one of the games, do I play MH4U, Generations, or do I emulate MHFU? MHFU is the only one I never really got too far into but I dont know if its worth going back to now

Learn how to snipe or download a charm editor.

There were other times where the raths were hand drawn as well.

With locked charm tables, there was something about time/RNG manipulation and using Leather Armor with no upgrades to go gathering from nodes in Misty Peak's secret area, then killing yourself with bombs three times.

I'm not autistic enough to snipe.

Literally a goblin with half-dragon mask. So that's why it looked so natural on Cha-cha.

Forgot to include this

Then download a charm editor.

>nintendo
>in charge of getting anything right
Their only claim to fame nowadays is having a huge fanbase and loads of IPs.
Their customer support, online services, hardware, software, are all a joke. They're becoming known as the game megacorp that can't do anything right but still comes out on top for some reason.

children

Post MADS!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=97nohVDX0HU

Just downloaded MHXX Switch and am gonna start new
What weapon should I go for the run?

I'm thinking Lance
Not sure I want to jump on the Brave Longmeme train, but it's tempting

Irrelevant. The vertical positioning of the camera is the most damning thing about ledges and slopes. With kbm it would be a nonissue of course, but it is a severe issue with analog sticks and especially analog sticks that barely function to begin with.

I never had a problem with their customer support

But all the kids play xbox and ps4 now

youtube.com/watch?v=5iVVniNmf3M

Ah, I misunderstood.

FINALLY

So HBG last?

>sent 3ds on monday
>got it back on friday
I didn't have to pay back then, now it'd be expensive as fuck.

i am diamonds

what the fuck i hate greatsword now

My dick is fortified by this post

Truly the well-deserved buff the ever-weak Greatsword needed

>able to cancel out of charges at no stamina cost
>TRUE CHARGE
Quite a moveset revamp, probably the biggest change to the series flagship weapon. I dig it.

>super armor button
This will be defended by people who shit on brave and adept. Kill me now.

We hipcheck now

the tackle doesnt reward you with an anime meter

nvm it costs quite a lot of stamina actually, my bad

giv me it now cabgom

holy fuck the GS charges in world do no fucking damage lmao

>the gameplay at the end

>world is too easy
>now its too hard
well which is it

Tackle confirmed best waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=gz8lWa98zkE

>buff the shit out of every other weapon
>overnerf GS
Not okay.

Good

I remember when the GL gameplay came out, and that guy who was arguing how using a Wyvern's Fire was a superior way to wake up a monster just because he couldn't see the GS hitting for 200 damage
>second strike of the True Charge does 207 at the end of the hunt

Who here hype for damage parsing add-ons on PC?

That was great user!
youtube.com/watch?v=8nJMKlHSRLw

desu wyvernfire should be a single hit

Some small shit I wanna point out here.
Going into a True Charged Slash from a shoulder tackle has 3 charges to get to max but going into it from a Strong Charged Slash has 2 charges to get to max.
Don't know if this requires you to actually hit the Strong Charge or not

True Charge Lv3 is 180+30%

youtube.com/watch?v=PvlqnyAA2dk

Reminder that all new moves in MH:W were copied from MHO

Something else I noticed, tackle and the followup hit seem to work off your level of charge you were at when using them. Tackling through a hit at lv3 and then counterattacking with the jumping wide slash is gonna do some serious damage.

Anyone else here a bit disappointed at the fact that charging is no longer really a commitment? Being able to shoulder tackle out of a charge seems like it kind of breaks the core mechanic of the weapon, doesn't it? You no longer have to really commit to your charges before the attack anymore.
Kind of breaks the whole "GOTCHA BITCH" moments that it used to have. The new moves look cool but they kind of look like they break the core of the weapon. It's the one change they added that is a bit too much. I guess that if they nerfed level 1 charge and super buffed the TRUE CHARGE that might make for some even bigger gotcha bitch moments, so who knows.

Yeah that channel has many great ones, We Are Monster Hunter!is probably one of my favorites even if it's pretty simple.

STORIES WHEN

Reminder that MHO is anime chink mmo garbage, XX is anime babby garbage and MHW is gentlemanly adult combat simulation with in depth environmental interactions.

The charges are also a lot weaker. The True Charge is insanely powerful, but the regular charge is the weakest it's ever been. Playing this like your usual GS isn't going to work well.

pls i cant make my mind up

Nah, play P3rd.

>>The charges are also a lot weaker
???????

Shit, nigga, I was the one that bitched at him about not letting the GS wake him up.

So that means if the GS woke him up with that true charge it would have done 414. Lets say he hit him with the first half of it which only did about 100 to his head. That would have been 200 for the first attack and another 207 for the second hit.

Let your GS wake up sleeping monsters, people. Wyvernfire is the worst way to wake up monsters. Time it so your Wyvernfire hits right after the GS wakes his ass up.