/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 27th of August:
1793 – French Revolutionary Wars: The city of Toulon revolts against the French Republic and admits the British and Spanish fleets to seize its port, leading to the Siege of Toulon by French Revolutionary forces.
1798 – Wolfe Tone's United Irish and French forces clash with the British Army in the Battle of Castlebar, part of the Irish Rebellion of 1798, resulting in the creation of the French puppet Republic of Connacht.
1810 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port on Île de France.

>News
CK2 DD 60 - In the Emperor's Good Grace
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-63-in-the-emperors-good-graces.1040523/

EU4 DD 01/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-uWvHEhlIvx-vzsX0vhMOZj
mega.nz/#!Vokw0TyC!zwEPkGBGtxfgfLfIbF9KrJXo-1O4xyUgSkOb3lLvno0
mediafire.com/file/w1mam119y240gj9/M&T_v2.01.7z
mediafire.com/file/fov07mfkc2c6idc/v2.01.01_Patch.7z
knowyourmeme.com/photos/1182913-apu-apustaja
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This really activates the voltage-gated calcium channels releasing neurotransmitters to the postsynaptic cell membrane.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Yep

Hey M&T meme fixer will you fix HRE next?

Based

we wuz educated n shiet

no

Yes, currently working on that. What do you believe needs to be fixed? I think that the HRE should form in AT LEAST 1 out of 100 games, while it's slightly impossible to do so in the current state, even if you're a player starting as Bohemia. This is an issue from the broken authority and I'm currently looking into it

D A N D O L O E D

>while it's slightly impossible to do so in the current state
Really? I've seen Bohemia having like 4 reforms in 1500 in my last playthrough, I thought forming HRE would rather be too easy
*pukes*

SIM host some MP

I've played 5 games so far up until the 1800 and I've never seen the HRE pass 2 reforms. I'll try buffing the authority just slightly

not liking based Catholic based Venetian Anatolia
BOO YOU SWEATY

just filtered sweaty lads

FUGG DDD:

umm sweetee

Just got into ck2. How do i get good at this apart from mind bending practice?

sweety...

Last weekend I asked for some suggestions for a challenging meme run.
I got a couple of suggestions which all seemed too easy so I combined two and started as Trebizond in the Latin Empire bookmark and created a (reformed) Tengrist Roman Empire.

It was a pretty fun game although I got lucky with the Mongols so it was a bit easier than I expected and I finished with plenty of spare time despite the late start date.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a challenging run?

convert whole africa and the near east to judaism

So, one of the features that I was requested to add was slavery/genocide mechanics for more thorough subjugation of the kebab, and I'm currently hashing out the former. Current plan:
>decision to enslave (culture) population IF:
>*ruler is Conqueror, Fanatic, Cruel, Greedy, Sinner, Indulgent, or Malevolent
>*owns provinces that have non-accepted culture
>*owns provinces of heathen religion (or heretic, if Fanatic)
>gives provinces that meet both of the above a hidden flag
>fires an event to choose slave policy:
>*industrial slavery increases local production efficiency, goods produced
>*export slavery changes trade goods to Slaves, increases local trade power
>*slave conscription increases local manpower, garrison growth, and supply limit
>*domestic slavery increases ??? (possibly development cost/build cost)
>province flags will throw events, including applying above bonuses over time as policy takes effect
>broadly deleterious effects on diplomatic relations with neighbors, affected culture tags, and religious group (unless pagan, muslim (and enslaving infidels) or christian (and enslaving pagans/enslaving muslims while on a crusade/enslaving heathens as the pope; reformation heresies will take catholics enslaving populations badly no matter what)
>increased unrest in culture group provinces, possibly leading to abolitionist rebels
>above has no effect on default slave provinces, because africans gonna africa

Thoughts? Genocide will probably run along a similar framework, with an end goal of converting cultures without spending birb mana/converting religions first.

Sounds good, i'd say implement it
Another suggestion would be to not have an unlimited ammount of slave labour. Like, development goes down progressively and it's impossible to enslave the local population once it reaches 1/1/1, or something like that.

Should also append that the ruler can't have Free Thinker, Just, Righteous (?), Tolerant, Benevolent, or Kind-Hearted. Consorts who do may cause trouble, extending to their home province/country.

It shouldn't be automatic, but something like that; events that decrease slave province productivity/development in exchange for lump sums, happening more frequently if you're greedy/indulgent. If you accidentally the entire enslaved population of a province, it'll automatically convert to your primary culture.

black and unbased

Woyt un baysd

>1889
>Qing civilized

Roleplay.
Learn how claims work.
Know the neat little trick with foreign claimants.

>187407645
filters are reddit

>no la plata

man of pale origins

Wouldn't be suprised if i was able to form the roman empire by 1700 at this rate desu

really oils the almonds

We are playing Liq 2 HPM MP (GAJL checksum). Currently 6 players and need a sub. Feel free to join: IP: 91.149.140.27
TS: s2.ts3.cloud:45752

show emigration, new world nations must be getting CHINKED

It's really much easier to deal with factions by just assassinating the troublemakers. I truly am a Roman.

And then you're a known murderer and nobody is willing to fuck you.

>My Tsar, (((Portugese Particularists))) have crossed our borders from Ottomans and entered Cairo!
>Memelieveable worlds

Have you taken Iberia yet?

Qing starts with closed borders and I'm not sure the AI changes it.

>implying
These are just children I've sired with my sister and acknowledged. I've cuckolded countless vassals of mine.
Because I recently gained the Content trait, in RP fashion, I'm gonna put the campaigns on hold. I'll let Regulus, with his Ambitious trait, handle Iberia and the Vandals.

>tfw you will never be a happy roman enperor cucking and fucking your realm

why even live

Being Emperor isn't all it's cracked up to be..

>Tfw not autistic enough to fully enjoy these games

I wish i could,but the complexity is just too much to learn sometimes

>tfw you don't even enjoy them but you still destroy your life by dumping thousands of hours into them because your autism likes looking at numbers going up

i'd recommend starting out with EU4 if you want to get into grand strategy, it's by far the simplest game out there.
Most of the mechanics are really simple when you look into it, and a couple videos on youtube is all you need to learn the basics.
I'd recommend youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-uWvHEhlIvx-vzsX0vhMOZj , 7 videos going over the basics and a bit more.

Ck2 is just what you need man, just roleplay a comfy kingdom until the end of middle ages, maybe convert that to eu4 and look at numbers going up while you blob

Yes i have managed to get to part 3 but the part where he started talking about tradeships was a bit hard to swallow but i did manage to transport the light ships to my node however in his game version,france is neutral to towards him and aragon is not that slightly hated but in my version Aragon DESPISES me (i think im at like -173 with them) and with France im at like -134)

So far ive followed him step by step as he goes and in the place of France ive improved relations with Britannia along with Portugal and the Pope

Again the trade system is just a big confusing with the whole ship thing

Land all your children right now.

More light ships protecting trade = more trade power
Isnt more complicated than that

This. Give them some estates.

Yes,the videos are quite excellent,i may not every right as he says but it's going fine so far

Still im quite afraid Aragon is gonna launch an attack on because i did as the video said and lowered the maintenance cost of my troops and i have no heavy ships

stop watching these gay ass videos and go play ottomemes as a tutorial nation

Okay, but only my legitimized bastard and non-bastard males.

>GAJL

The fuck?

Only lower maintenance if you have negative income, try keeping it as high as possible otherwise

Is there anyway i can expand into Aragon withoat France deciding to kick my ass?

Or should i expand my trade route into Africa and start taking over the coastal lines?

How many posts do you see hidden in the previous thread?

Alright laddos there you go. All changes might (and very likely will) change in some way in the next version. Try to abuse and min-max everything as much as possible short of cheating/savescumming and explain what you did if you can be bothered so I can fix it in the next version

mega.nz/#!Vokw0TyC!zwEPkGBGtxfgfLfIbF9KrJXo-1O4xyUgSkOb3lLvno0

>hitler looking dismissively
>filename
Top fucking kek.

Got a link to the latest M&T? Trying to download it over steam workshop causes things to fuck up in bizzare ways.

>all eu4/ck2 posting
>been this way for 12 hours
Is /gsg/ dead, lads?

goals?

mediafire.com/file/w1mam119y240gj9/M&T_v2.01.7z
plus patch mediafire.com/file/fov07mfkc2c6idc/v2.01.01_Patch.7z

It's okay to say you pirated EUIV here. You won't be judged.

Uninstall.exe.

suicide

Connect Portuguese East Asia to Iberia

delete local game files

tried that 3 times this month desu senpai

How'd you do?

If aragon doesn't have an heir, there's a chance you'll get an event called the "Iberian wedding", wich will put aragon under a personal union with you for free.
Google it if you're unsure about what it is.

Portuline.

I haven't really played a lot of CK 2, but I want to play Venice in it. Which DLCs should I get and what's the best mod for playing Venice?

Die you fucking Buzzfeedfag
knowyourmeme.com/photos/1182913-apu-apustaja

blanka kaj bazita

Rate my Work in Progress lads

>not hpm
Ruined before it began, lad.

haha ebin

EU4 babbys gettin' vexed.

How do I end these wars? Transylvania and Slovakia don't exist. It says I have 100% warscore but I also can't negotiate a peace with them.

Also rate Europe.

Get a gf

Why the fuck is the quality on this so fucked? Am I going blind?

>2560x1600

>da noobian republic
lmao

what do you mean? Looks fine to me

Hahah fucking plebs playing on a different computer to me amirite

Alright, this is how it looks for now. Any suggestions?

this image looks upscaled and shit desu

*does 360 no quiver JFK assassintation with arrows*

Eh, I suppose it's not strictly needed.

Become a merchant republic

Sorry, lad. I will never get tired of imagining a full JFK style assasination in my head only set in 1063. You'll never stop hearing that meme as long as I'm still alive.

Thanks m8

Eh, I went back and bought vanilla eventually, but I'm still pirating the DLC because fuck that meme.

changeowner one of your provinces to them each, occupy them, and annex them

>Eh, I went back and bought vanilla eventually, but I'm still pirating the DLC because fuck that meme.
Ugh, can you fuck off, sweatie? Paradox are a small niche company that cares for it's fans. People who abuse their trust make me sick.

Thanks m8

>eu4 babby plays v2.txt