I need a car for my delivery job. What's a nice looking, gas saving v6?

I need a car for my delivery job. What's a nice looking, gas saving v6?

Mitsubishi 6G72
Hey, you did ask for gas saving, not oil saving.

Is it going to be used mainly just for the job? Because if so, then getting a V6 is pants on head retarded.

>gas saving
>v6
neck yourself m8

Civic for 3k

ok fine how about a nice looking v4?
i don't mean to extend my hand too far but i haven't yet found a car with a nice balance of style, economy, and power

As that other guy said, a 3k civic. The 01-05 Civic is one of the best-looking cars ever made, it gets 40 MPG easy, and it'll eat most V6's for breakfast in terms of performance, even when stock.

This isn't true but it's a good car

> civic
> V4

kys

>V4
>Half a V8

Some chebby with cylinder deactivation fits the bill.

Why work delivery at all? That sounds like eternal poorfag mode user.

Dont be a fag and buy an Mk 4 Golf with the 1.9 TDI ALH engine. Bonus points for wagon version.

>reliable as fuck with many of them passing the million km mark.
>economical as fuck with most of them doing over 50 mpg.
>spacious as fuck
>sturdy as fuck.

Yea it's abit old, but if you want an unpretentious workhorse that will last longer than you, then a 2000 euro Mk4 Golf 1.9TDI ALH is one of the best cars at the moment. God I hate this car.

And, for you americans, the Mk4 Golf is to Europe what the 3k Civic is to USA.

Focus ST.

>mk4 golf
>reliable

>1.9TDI
lrn2rdfgt

>v4
Good luck finding one bruv

>mk4 golf

I did delivery in this for a while, made enough to buy a new crate 350, rebuilt the tranny, replaced everything under the hood, blew up the rear end and rebuilt, regeared it and chucked in an eaton trutrac, ontop of several sets of tires and countless other maintenance/repairs.

>tfw got 10mpg on a good day
>60-140 miles a day 5-6 days a week

tl;dr V6 a shit, either get something fun and build it or get a fucking geo/civic

Camaro
Cadillac Ats

>being this clueless about cars

Why are you even on Veeky Forums? Maybe in the US it was shit, but in Europe the Mk4 Golf was legendary, and many of these things still polute the streets even today.

>the Mk4 Golf was legendary, and many of these things still polute the streets even today.
???
They're not even that old

If you have to work a pizza delivery job, you're too poor to own a second car for that sole purpose. Just use your daily until you get a real job, it's not like you have enough money for it to be anything but a piece of shit.

I live in Yurop, know many people who have owned MK4 golfs and they were all pieces of shit

>he doesn't know about Hondas legendary v4s

Do you live in eastern Europe, where only the garbage rejected by first world ends up?

Iceland

My brother had a vw bora, hadn't even reached 200kkm and everything was fucked, the engine, the gearbox, the suspension, and he didn't even neglect it or drive it hard, it was just shite

>Hondas legendary v4s
But Honda only used those in bikes...?
All their car 4's are inline...?
Only Ford, Saab (with ford engine) and Lancia ever produced v4 cars to my knowledge...?

Im going through school and its a pretty good job for that. ~350-400$ a week for 15 hours of work.

Can confirm. VW somehow really managed to make the mk. 4 worse than the 3

>style
delivering pizza

3cyl geo metro sip gas

>Iceland
fuck off you don't live in Europe you're stuck on a bankrupt shit island

If you want a car solely to save gas and deliver food, why in the world would you ever consider a V6?

3cyl Geo metro manual
1996-2000 honda civic
early honda insight
pretty much any corolla
anything else is excess

Also make damn sure you own a second car for when it breaks

this is literally the worst bait in the history of pizza delivery shit posts

Mazda mx3 had a 1.8l v6

01-05 civics are the worst looking civics ever made

yee boy

I did 100mi+ a day in all the following
1994 Mustang GT 4.6 V8
1998 Regal 3.8 V6
1996 Integra 1.8 4cyl (Non-vtech)
1993 Civic 1.6 4cyl (Non-vtech)
2002 Accent 1.6cyl

Like others said before, 4cyl is the way to go. The accent is my favorite choice.

>No love == cheap and plentiful; same for parts
>uses friendship as fuel (32mpg)
>Slips in-between traffic

>cylinder deactivation
Any guides on how to do this? Permanently is fine. V8 with a single cylinder rod problem is pretty cheap. I imagine you just remove the piston and solder a resistor in place of the injector.

That's NOT how you do cylinder deac, it's an engine thing. Cadillac was famous for doing this poorly in their V8-6-4

This, also, is it worth my money and time to pull an XFi camshaft and tranny? The local scrap yard has one. I don't have a metro, but I hear they are sought after parts.

Just spent some time actually reading it. So it's kinda like reverse VVT? Just disabling a cam lobe and turning off half the injectors.

I don't know the US car market too well.
But a old Toyota Yaris is probably never going to break down and will not consume a lot of fuel.