What does Veeky Forums use to remove ice from car windows?

I use a homemade cocktail using ethanol, water and dishwashing soap then scrape off the remaining ice.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00GNXWRVI/ref=mh_s9_acsd_zgift_b5aKAh_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-3&pf_rd_r=MZE8XM2FFEMTN5BHJBQN&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=8dc6b382-deb7-56b6-8f7d-631a0ab5bbc5&pf_rd_i=82539031
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I piss on it

Jesus

I use boiling water from the kettle. Works like a charm Everytime.

But isn't that going to crack the windows because of thermal shock?

Nah senpai, it'll be fine. You should try it yourself.

>Not parking your car in a garage

Some of my friends and internet say otherwise
I live in a apartament, so I have to park it outside. I have no choice

Nah but seriously don't pour hot water on your windscreen it WILL crack it.

Personally I use one of those Finnish brass ice scrapers, they work wonders.

amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00GNXWRVI/ref=mh_s9_acsd_zgift_b5aKAh_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=mobile-hybrid-3&pf_rd_r=MZE8XM2FFEMTN5BHJBQN&pf_rd_t=30901&pf_rd_p=8dc6b382-deb7-56b6-8f7d-631a0ab5bbc5&pf_rd_i=82539031

leave the car on for ten minutes with the fans pointed at the windscreen, added bonus is the cars warm and comfy too

I just keep a cover on it

If I cant because of wind or something else I'll just scrape it

Electric block and cabin heater system set to a timer for an hour or so before I start every morning.

I turn the heated windscreens on, scrape enough to see through, scrape the front windows clear, and set off with the wipers going to bash the rest of the ice away.
If there's snow, I use the wipers to push it away before clearing the rest with the scraper.

The garage is for my motorbike.

A garage

Fuck off poorfag

*laughs in finnish*

webasto

This. Just came from outside after scraping my windows and pluggin in the block heater

my burdo

>yfw you see these threads on Veeky Forums

I park both my vehicles in my 30 x 40 garage because I'm not an apartmentcuck

I remove my clothes and rub myself all over the windows

Hottest water possible from the sink in a jug.

>but muh cracked windows

Well it's not boiling, and whenever I read about the potential of cracked windows it specifies boiling water.

I have 100% ice removal ratio with this clever tip:
Garage

>wanting your car's frame and body to rot in 4 years

A scraper. Why complicate it?

So many stupid fucking responses here. Just turn your car on, blast the heat and the defroster, scrape it off while it warms up a bit. Titty fucking christ, most of you are fucking retarded.
>i have a garage, poor fag
cool, not everywhere you go does.
>i cover my car
you look like an idiot, unless it's a $100k+ car
>i have a remote start
still doesn't get all the snow off the roof, trunk, and hood

>Moved in with my uncle
>Every time his window is frozen he gets hot tap water from the sink
>Fucker has the hot water heater maxed out, because GERMS
>Walks outside and literally tosses an entire 3 gallon stockpot onto his windshield
>Did this for the two winter's I lived with him, apparently has been doing this his entire life
>Says he only cracked one windshield, but it had a chip in it so it wasn't the hot waters fault

Luckiest guy in the town.
>People would drop off working riding John Deere lawnmowers to him for free
>People would drop off entire truck loads of split wood for him
>People would drop off "scrap" tools & appliances, despite the fact most things worked
>Has won a shit ton of gun raffles
>Found two Stihl chainsaws on his way home from work
>The second the engine fired he was letting the clutch out, because an idling engine produces ZERO MILES TO THE GALLON and YOU'RE WASTING GAS
>Never had any mechanical issues

Who you gonna trust?

He sounds like the physical manifestation of Chad

People where I live will warm up their car for 15 minutes so the ice on the windows melts, and then just drive away without scraping their roof or lights off.

Really pisses me off seeing as we get really bad inversions in the winter and get some of the worst air quality in the country. Everyone idles their cars. Start car, scrape, and go. It's the best way to do it for engine health and air quality.

The car's defroster and an ice scrapper

idle the car for 30 minutes with heater on

I just sit there helplessly running the wipers and the spray cleaner thing. Once I get a tiny hole going, I set off and try to drive with a 3x3in windshield until the wipers clear more.
Then again, I only get ice about 5 times a year

>>The second the engine fired he was letting the clutch out, because an idling engine produces ZERO MILES TO THE GALLON and YOU'RE WASTING GAS

Well he's not wrong, and if you're letting the car high idle in gear what's the difference? I can make it to the end of my street without touching the gas.

You have to wait for the oil to start flowing everywhere and lubricating all the surfaces properly. Sure it'll only take like 10-30 seconds but it makes all the difference

i sit in my car pushing the gas pedal to 12k rpm to heat up the engine as fast as possible to minimize engine wear, then i do burnouts all the way to my destination to heat up the tires so they get more grip on the road

checked, came here to type this

My hand like a real man

canadian here, we have windshield ice scrapers sold in pretty much every hardware store, is it not like that in other countries?

We keep one in every car and have a few extras, since you never know when you will need them.

other canadian here, currently living in eastern idaho. I've got no clue what it is with folks in the us, but none of them even have a clue about scrapers. it's not an availability thing, they are $7 at the local grocery store, fairly similar to ones that you pick up at canadian tire. and yet, every time it during the day, i see all these nutsacks brushing off their windshields with their fucking arms, and scraping the ice with credit cards. also, nobody seems to have a clue what winter tires are, but thats another story.

don't get iced up windows very often here in bongland (except for the last 2 days) so i have a scraper that usually gets it done ez pz, but if i've mislaid the scraper i'll use a pint of cold water and that's usually enough with the wipers on

Northeast US here, keep an extendable scraper w/ brush around just for the regular ice (very common especially this time of year with freezing rain and/or the nor'easter we just got). One in the car and one in the house. If I need it off RIGHT NOW or it's really thick (i.e. around the wiper blades/top of the hood), spray some de-icer on it, wait five seconds, and scrape.

Also don't forget to empty your wiper fluid and replace it with low-temperature/de-icer formula when the weather gets cold, that shit is a godsend.

this big bad boi