/vn/ - Kyou Edition

Visual Novel General #1599

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Q: What are your top 3 favorite eroge?

SCA-DI: That's tough. How about three of my personal favorites, and my objective top 3 eroge ever?
Top 3 eroge:
1. Fate/stay night
2. Dokyuusei
3. CLANNAD

If H1/1 did anything right, it's lips
and maya

Name a more based VN character

>have money
>get something for free
>still the same amount of money

>have money
>buy it instead of getting it for free
>have less money
Show me the logic

You will eventually no longer be able to get things for free once the localization companies shut down and you will be back to eating the scraps that the cartel throws at you.

>make thing
>no one buys it and they instead choose to get it for free
>stop making things

me and my cats

lmfao holy shit

If everyone would get them for free in the future we would end up getting newgrounds-tier flash games

If they stop localizing then we will just go back to fan tls which is absolutely nothing new, so while the going is good you need to exploit it.

>Pay for VN translations
>Get more VN translated
It honestly wasn't that hard

>Ixwreck

Sorry I haven't responded to any reply, but I did not have anything to say about the responses given.
So lemme instead ask a may more productive question: what is your experience with JAST?

If you look at the current community, you haven't got as many fan translators as before and the official translators won't start working for free.

M*ogy and cronies absolutely BTFO

they're pretty decent

>Hatsukoi
>2/5 E+ cup

>Hoshi Ori
>A, B, C, D, D, E+

>Ginharu
>4/5 E+ cup

Muramasa will take around 20 years to get released.
I bought the physical version of SnU.

Then the old will go away and the new will come in and the main reason you haven't got as many fan tlers is primarily the free kickstarter dosh then if tlers have no one to sell the translation it becomes a fan tl to be released, then all goes back to how it was, problem solved.

Large tits are better than small. Deal with it.

Hoshi Ori is the Holy Grail!

>large non-anime breasts are better than small
ftfy

>and you will be back to eating the scraps that the cartel throws at you.
So it would be the same as right now except that its the cartel instead of shitty localization companies?

Large tits can reach gross levels pretty easily.
I'm fine with small tits as long as they aren't boy chests.

Even worse. Just look at the months long droughts that we had years ago.

Prove to me that my one(1) person purchases would have any noticeable impact at all on the VN scene.

Yeah, let's just reset the scene to zero because of poorfags.

>So, WagaHigh OC never?
Never. Nude Sprite patch also never.

Fun fact, they removed the ejaculation choice option in the config too. SP Best company in the world :^)))

You are implying that everyone should be a filthy pirate like you. That makes a difference.

a true connoisseur understands that the best breasts are the ones attached to the girl he loves, regardless of size

So only that one(1) faggot would not buy anything ever?
Sounds unrealistic.

this, the issue is not nearly as big as you people make it seem, it's not a blackmail where if you don't pay you will never see any translations again.
It has always been a niche carried by fans for fans. localization companies are relatively recent creation and they may not stay for long, at least some of them, stop getting up in arms.

You were mocking a dude that paid for his VNs which implies that for you a smart person wouldn't buy them but yeah sure, keep moving these goalposts

removed due to causing a memory leak for some weird fucking reason.

You are too spoiled if you think that you will keep having regular releases with localization companies out of business.

Semen too stronk

Compare the rate of VNs translated when localization compagnies appeared to the rate before and you will understand why no one want them to go.

Mankitsu Happening translation never.

Also more than half of the fan TL projects die before being completed.

Why are people trying to romanticize fan-translations now? do we have that much new people? We used to get like 10 releases per year max, some of them of terrible quality that took years, and half the scene were TJ and Ixrec.
As much as SP sucks they still pump up shit faster than the old fantranslations, and counting all the official releases we have like 5 times the number of releases per year now. I can't get how people think we'd be fine with things getting like they were before.

It's true. But we used to have Aroduc pumping out gameplay VNs every year, not even that long ago.

Oh nice, what did you get with it? I guess it's in japanese though, correct?
that's good to hear

Then SP happened. Fuck localizations.

Unless we get new TakaJun's, Ixrec's and Aroduc's, things will be even slower than they were before.

And he is gone.

It is in english.

What a coincidence, I'm reading her route right now

>wanting a new Takajun
literal ESL who barely understood English past a middle-school level

>Fuck SP.

>And he is gone.

>Why are people trying to romanticize fan-translations now
Nostalgia for the "good ol' days" though I strongly don't think anybody really "romanticzing" it lived through it.

You guys gotta remember, a lot of those projects didn't (and still haven't) get finished

Read my sentence again.

Not having "regular" releases is not as bad as it sounds, oh no, less moeges and edited tl shit from sp, woe me.
It sure is much better to just go on a shopping spree so everyone can just keep on pumping out the crap.

Why are you sucking tl companies dicks so hard now? Hey, but you can get 10 more moeges and marinas cuckolding report if you do, amazing treasure chest of vns.

We are still having December's without angels thanks to some faggot's "fan translation" years ago.

>vn purchasing fags so desperate to keep the "western vn scene" going that they gladly eat up literal garbage being churned out
lol

Are you even trying to sound convincing?

I love childhood friends
Especially Sumika!

Yeah, let me download the fan translation patch for literary masterpieces like Wanko to Kurasou and Galaxy Angel.

To be fair, I don't have much of a problem with localizers. If they just licensed their shit and put it out, okay, whatever. I just have a problem with SP as a business and the Kickstarter method of translation projects. It's bullshit

Wait, which one are we talking about?

Are you? Because i'm still not convinced in any way buying vns is anyhow necessary.

Yeah, let me download half sp "translations", they are official so they sure have to be perfect!

Everyone here shits on SP

>but you can get 10 more moeges and marinas cuckolding report if you do, amazing treasure chest of vns.
How exactly is that different than before?

And you're operating under the impression that people don't like the idea of 10 more moeges.

But they start as lolis in ginharu

That's my only issue with them. Licensing titles and never releasing them. And SP can burn for all I care.

No one here is shilling for SP.

Kei best girl

This. I loved the lips. And Maya above all.

>Yeah, let me download half sp "translations", they are official so they sure have to be perfect!
If we're downloading them who cares? It's not like we're buying them

I'm now sucking anything, I'm just pointing that times are better now, and it would definitely be bad if the companies died.
Also people like those moege, are you going to pretend that people don't want moege now?

You can read an article about how offer and demand work.

You never fuck them in that form so what does it matter?

People even wanted them years ago

And people still want moege. Your point?

Literally this, how can someone be so dumb and not get this?

I was reinforcing your point that even back then fan translators were releasing plenty of them.

Ann really is cute

I love you, /vn/!

I assume someone has mental capability to recognize a pattern after reading 5 vns with nearly identical heroines and plot devices. pointless hopes

sp is as much part of tl companies and the argument as mg is, singling one or another out is bordering on cherrypicking.

perfect, I'll just get that one then. Good lord, I really should have double checked that there is no physical copy around. I just don't expect that anymore. Thank you!

Literal 14 year old logic from grown men. Embarassing.

I love you Mikan, I love you too.

Suck my dick, Wanko.

>ejaculation choice option in the config
Is that similar to Dracu-Riot's auto choice during H-scenes or the choices during H-scenes are cut? Is it large of a loss then?

And you should have the mental capacity to recognize that people like their cliches in different packages.

God damn it user!
Here I will make it simpler:
I would rather X VNs translated by tl companies and Y vn translated by fan translation than just the Y from fan translations and no, fan translators are not going to magically appear if the localization companies disappear.

I dunno what you mean by "not as bad as it sounds" but getting a third of the number of releases we currently get because tl companies went out of business sounds pretty bad to me.

Holy shit, how long has it been since this last showed up?

>I assume someone has mental capability to recognize a pattern after reading 5 vns with nearly identical heroines and plot devices. pointless hopes
So this just comes down to you not liking moege then? Even though, as we've established, there's never exactly been a shortage of moege getting translated even back in the fanTL days

>singling one or another out is bordering on cherrypicking.
I single out SP because they're the only ones who solely rely on the KS method and have like 40 something VNs still in TBA. I don't really care about the others

When when when?

>several underagefags on the poll
>grown men

>Poorfags unironically trying to rationalize not buying things
I pirate stuff as well, but I won't delude myself into the BS you're saying.

it's been a while since i saw someone other than myself do it

IS THAT...!?

It's just your mind playing tricks on you.

HELP, MY VIRGIN EYES ARE BEING RAPED

I think it's less people rationalizing not buying things and more like wondering why people do. Things would be easier if everybody could just let everyone else live.

Also the conversation started because someone wanted to buy their VN from Steam instead of just getting it from JAST which got lost in the discussion

>the future is Meet'n Fuck games
How horrifying.

Holy shit, I seriously hope you guys don't actually buy visual novels