So on Tuesday I'm gonna get a new car...

So on Tuesday I'm gonna get a new car. I'm going from a piece of shit with no AC that I drove around just so I can save money for a new car. I really like muscle cars (who doesn't). And I want a Camaro. I can afford pic related. It's a 2011. Everyone keeps telling me to get a V8, but this is only a V6. So my question is how much of a difference is there between the two? And is there anything i should know about when getting this type of car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gwl1f0WbdxA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A V6 to a V8 is what jacking off is to getting a BJ

Can you elaborate? Like how much of a difference in HP?

>Can you elaborate?
No. If you want to know numbers you can Google that shit.

Seriously, you’ll regret it. Everyone is going to ask you whether it’s a v8 or not.

A V6 these days is still pretty damn good, but you'll be made fun of by just about everyone, even non-car people. And if it's an automatic, you may as well never tell anyone it's your car.

Honestly, just save up for a V8. They're a lot more fun and sound nicer.

There's nothing wrong with the V6 Camaro. You're still talking 320 or so horsepower. Just make sure it's a stick.
The V6 Camaro is faster than 4.6L V8 Ford Mustangs
youtube.com/watch?v=gwl1f0WbdxA

The V6 Camaro reputation is ruined from 1980's and 190s V6s that had 140-200 HPl The V6's these days are awesome and fast.

No point in getting a V6 when you can get a V8 instead though.

Agreed, but if the V6 is what you can afford, there's nothign wrong with it. I feel like if the V8 model didn't exist, people would jizz over the V6 as a great sportscar. Hell, on the 2016+ models, if the V8 model didn't exist and it wasn't called a Camaro, Veeky Forums would hail it as the return of the S13

>The V6's these days are awesome and fast.
no

but the V8 does exist though

And the V8 is great. But so is the V6. The V6 is not a bad guy. There is no such thing as a bad Camaro at the moment. Even the base model brand new 4 cylinder turbos are great and have their place.

>The V6 is not a bad guy.
Meant to type bad buy

I just bought a 2015 GT with the 5.0 and have ridden in my buddies 2015 charger with a v6 and its in the same ballpark for power as the camaro v6 and its very different I'm not saying it won't be fast it just won't be as fast it won't throw you back like the 6.2 will and you will have to get on it a little more for it it move
And the only things you should know are camaros are THICC and they are kinda hard to see out of if I were you I would save a little more and look for a v8 you'll have a lot more fun and won't be constantly comparing yourself to the v8 cars trying to get there power

OP, calculate everything, think aout v8 and if you can't get it, this can occur, GET THE v6, you'll have fun anyways.
>got a V8, shy it's not forced induction
>get Hellcat - hear everybody say it's still not a Porsche
>get whatever - you can be jealous anyways, there's always something faster
Have fun with what you've got instead.

For the love of god, do not get the V6. You will always regret getting the V6 over the V8. Every time you put your foot down, regret will overwhelm you as the sound you are hearing is not a V8. It sounds 10x better, and it goes faster.

ignore this retard. He's never dealt with 2010+ V6 models

If its automatic. It's a 116 hp. If its a stick it's 122hp differrence
V6 is 304
Auto V8 is 420
Manual V8 is 426

Actually, it was revealed in 2011 they didn't properly certify the engine's horsepower for the 2010 model year, and the published horsepower numbers were estimates. In 2011, it was certified for 314 HP

The automatic V8 was rated for 400 HP, and the manual at 426.

Insurance costs less on V6. Also the vehicle itself is cheaper. Also better gas mileage

This is the real kicker right here, everything gets more expensive with a V8.
Gas, repairs, and insurance will fuck you up in the long run.

If fuel costs and insurance are a concern, maybe you shouldn't be looking at muscle cars in the first place?
Here, I have located something more your speed

>Also better gas mileage
No one buys a muscle car for gas efficiency.

>v6 muscle
Might as well buy a family sedan. It's all the discomfort of a muscle car without the performance of one. Get a v8 or get something else entirely.

If youre going to get a V6 you need something alot lighter than that camaro

Fix the ac in your current car and keep it.

except people. It's the main reason the automatic V8 SS was rated for 400 HP rather than 426, so they could have the cylinder deactivation tech for fuel economy

The V6 Camaro will do high 13 second 1/4 miles. No clue what you're on about

>yeah bro the v6 camaro is fine
>just check this video out of it beating a car ten years older than it

user take it from me
Get the fucking V8
Otherwise anyone with half a brain of car knowledge is going to call you a woman a retard or both since that’s the only people who drive V6’s
>t. user who bought a V6 mustang thinking it would be okay to bring to the track

2010 V6 does the quarter in 14.3 on a good day. For reference, that makes it about .2 seconds faster than the BRZ.
If you think that's an acceptable time then you don't have any business being on this board.

More like 14.6 get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

I'm not really looking to take it to a track or anything like that. I just want a car that's a pussy magnet for 15k or less, that's all. And a Camaro does qualify.

Lol the only pussies a V6 Camaro attracts are pussies like you

Muscle cars are ugly gaudy shit.

Even if it did, which it doesn't, 1/4 mile times don't translate to the street. I've had my turbo prelude for years and I've had exactly 1 race from a stop light. It just doesn't happen. Its too loud, too hats to get to the light at the right time, and needlessly hard on clutches. Races happen from a roll almost every single time. The issue with using only 1/4 times to determine speed is you have fwd and rwd....rwd cars always throw up great/ inflated 1/4 times because you can just mash the pedal on street tires and pull a 2.0 or better 60' time and you'd be lucky to get a 2.5 inb4 my prelude on street tires. So what happens on the street is these cars with better 1/4 times than me run get absolutely slaughtered from any roll on the street where real races occur because they don't make good power, don't have good power bands, and have shit gearing.

Moral of the story here is don't convince yourself a v6 camaro will be a fun/ fast street car because you see an ok 1/4 mile time. Manufacturers have no problem changing gearing and power to bust you off the line, pull a great 60' time (which is 90% of your 1/4 mile time) and deceiving you. Get a V8 if you want a good platform.

Pic related if anyone cares.

You take that back.

Get a Challenger R/T. You can get one for around $16~18k. Bitches tend to see Challengers as more "manly" because it's not curvy like the Camaros and Mustangs of today. You'd be surprised how many girls know what a Hemi engine is.

>every stupid nigger in this thread defending v6 """"""muscle"""""" cars
top fucking kek

the only good v6 muscle car ever built is the grand national, everything else is objectively garbage

Holy shit this whole thread
>new car
>it's a 2011
>muscle car
>camaro
>v6
>"pussy magnet"

Lol no-one is gonna give a fuck about your decade old v6 cuck mobile op certainly not any woman. Shits gonna sound like a lawn mower and be as fast as one. Your just as bad as those retards that buy 10 year old mercs and beamers to try to look like they have money

Save for the V8 user, the only pussy you'll be getting with a Camaro is every other boomer will be saying "nice car!" At a redlight.

Look how mad you are kid

only decent post

only retards and people who think 24's look good buy v6 muscle cars.

>"hey what pressures are you running in your tires?"
>"what's a tire pressure"

Not OP but I'm also looking at a car and the jew in me thinks I should get a i6 or v6 because muh mileage and possibly lower cost to maintain compared to a similar v8 since I'm mostly going to use it as a daily, but still want it to be pretty nice for the weekends or long drives.
Are those factors really that different between a 6 and an 8?

this

I’ve found that the V8 versions of modern muscles generally are within 2-3 mpg’s of the V6s, not enough to be worth downgrading in my book. Add to that the fact that the V8s that these companies are putting in their cars are solid, proven power plants (even dodge managed not to fuck them up), and really the only difference will be more weight on the front suspension components and maybe a higher insurance rate. V8 is also very nice on the highway when it comes to passing speed.

dd a ‘15 v6
it’s quick enough for daily driving, can easily pass v8 trucks and most other stock shitboxes on the road despite weighing 2 fucking tons
I don’t regret buying a v6 over a v8, but I do want a Z in my life eventually

The biggest difference isn't in peak horsepower but the wider power curve. This makes it much more comfy to drive on the street.

The 2010-2011 V6s have timing chain issues. Shoot for a 2012+ if you can. You'll get the better interior and a backup camera too.

>Gas, repairs, and insurance will fuck you up in the long run.
>t. someone who never owned a V8
Repairs are moot. Gas and insurance is maybe $50/mo. more.

What if I can't cum from a BJ but I can get off with a 3min fap

>3 min
Look at that this slowpoke over here

Get the v8. LS motors respond very well to bolt ons. The v6 of that gen is a turd and 300 go will feel like 200 in a car that heavy. Even with the 420hp from the v8 it's still slow and gets gapped by 350z's. In short, if you want a v6 buy a fucking Z.