/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #895 - Homo Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bsRGjd3Y_wk&t=0s
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
youtube.com/watch?v=u1Z1PjFXYcs
youtu.be/_DgMLqpXoBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Homo edition

god damnit

Well, there could very well be a reason why Tails wasn't doing anything. I mean, Sonic was "gone", perhaps Tails was busy looking for him?

GAYPOSTERS MUST BE ELIMINATED

He's still a kid and he's still just Sonic's sidekick. He's no Nightwing, he can't just up and save the day just like that. If anything he'd try to run away and hide until Sonic came back. Perhaps that's why he eventually shows up in cutscenes. Sonic comes back, so Tails has the confidence to get out there again, albeit not actually fighting
Exactly. It's wish fulfillment. Hell, the way Tails' story in SA1 is framed, with him always taking charge, practically reads like that exact scenario

I would think he's moreso running away. Perhaps he ran into Classic and latched onto him

>inb4 shitposting over an picture

Shut up toaster!

First for silver a cute!
CUTE!!!

REMOVE THE GAY

slow rat

EXTRA EXTRA! GENIUS FOX PROBED TO BE A LITTLE BITCH!

But that's not exactly within his character. Did Adventure do ANYTHING?

Just like it isn't in Shadow's character to join the evil side.

Toaster? Affirmative, however you will be the subject to being toasted.

CUTE RAT!

To be fair, his story in SA1 is a bit weird in how it handles things, and could easily be treated as wish fulfillment for Tails.

Could be, but I don't see not doing anything to get back Sonic.

I have no problem with gay OPs but they're not funny or charming anymore when they're done 4+ times a week.

Remember how Tails acted near the end of SA1 saying he can't rely on Sonic forever? If he had his Lost World attitude Station Square would be fucking destroyed.

I find it culminates in the final act where Tails takes down a clearly more sinister Eggman as his final boss around the same time Sonic is busy fucking with a more doofus Eggman at Final Egg

SA2 should've never acknowledged that ending

...It IS fucking destroyed.

Why do they find it so hard to write Sonic characters?

That's why I classify it as wish fulfillment. Doesn't really line up. But it doesn't matter anyways. As far the games are concerned, Tails is Sonic's sidekick who dicks around with machines. That's really all there is to Tails, which is fine. Not everyone needs to be the big damn hero and save the day

Gonna have to balance out thread #896 with some yuri you fucks

His friendship with Sonic also defines his character. I´m not expecting him to be hero but neither a little bitch that crawls down a hole and cries.

It is kinda OOC if you look at the Adventures.

Also, 5 more threads until #900.

I didn't know the Sonic fanbase was so homophobic.

Sonic, stop this crazy thiiiiiiiiing!

Omega sez

Cry some more.

I WANT FUJOS TO LEAVE

Uh, what was wrong with it? It isn't literally simultaneously, so it doesn't contradict anything. The whole point of it is that Tails perceives Eggman as a much scarier foe than Sonic does, and Eggman doesn't take him seriously without Sonic there either.

someone clean up that gif
please god

Would a literal Sonic recolor be okay if it was at least cute and just a normal person with weaker abilities?

user pls. What would Amy think if she saw this?

Done.

YHVH?

>that artist

B-but why?

I don't take it as Eggman being more sinister in Tails' story. I think that was what Tails, as a kid, sees Eggman from his perspective. Sonic sees Eggman as a bit of goof since he defeats him all the time -- he isn't afraid of him. While Tails sees Eggman as more nefarious since Tails didn't seem that independent and always relied on Sonic.

youtube.com/watch?v=bsRGjd3Y_wk&t=0s
There are only 72 days until Sonic Forces. Yes that's right, just seventy two (seven tens and two ones) days until Sonic Forces is released in the US.
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

>72 says until Sonic's time is up and everything starts falling down.

Fangirls, man.

We probably should enjoy these last 72 days as much as we can.

youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

The fuck is this?

Nice books nerd.

correct

IT'S ONLY ME AND YOU
WHO IS GONNA SAVE YOU NOW?

Ew. Come on, why do people even LIKE Silver?

fuckin saved

Please don't go spamming it like the last Silverfag which made the translator fuck off because of the spam.

SA2 did acknowledged that. It mentioned somewhere that Eggman read a newspaper that said Tails was awarded a chaos emerald after his bravery of defeating Eggman on Station Square.

WHEN EVERYTHING YOU KNOW HAS COME AND GOOOOOOONE

Those are all enemies from different dimensions. Most likely dimensions where they each won.

I wonder if Infinite's theme will be the only good thing to come of out Forces

If Metal Sonic won he wouldn't be under Eggman's control

Well the Metal Sonic is probably just Eggman's

I like Fist Bump

It's CD Metal, not Heroes or else he'd be Neo Metal.

What if Sonic wasn't blue?

>The 3 main antagonists of the Adventure era
>And some asshole they only brought back because they could reuse his model and touch it up

fucking classicfag pandering ruining the games just like genwun pandering is ruining pokemon

To be fair they can't use Mephiles because he's been erased from existence.

Metal Sonic being brought back for Heroes was Classic pandering in the first place

>Shadow
>antagonist

>Antagonist means villain

This is true. Of course; Mephiles is more of Shadow's foe than Sonic's anyway. They probably should've gone for Emerl/Gemerl honestly.

To be fair, I think they were trying to use all humanoid villains. Can't use Mephiles cause he's erased, and can't use Silver because him being antagonistic towards Sonic was also erased. If you consider that, then you have all of them.

we would probably dye his quills

I seen him on Black ops 3 with a Sonic emblem
And his name has Sonic 06 in it

I don't actually think it's CD Metal. The model looks different than Generations' Metal, which was explicitly from CD. It's either from Sonic 4, or from Heroes after he was defeated.

to be fair, at the time the last appearance of Metal Sonic short of cameos at the time was Sonic Triple Trouble / Sonic R. And unlike Forces, Neo Metal Sonic was at least somewhat new, even if it retreads Metal Sonic Kai territory a little. Nowadays Metal Sonic doesn't do anything special or interesting, nor does he even get to speak.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1Z1PjFXYcs

Most games he appears in nowadays chronologically took place before Heroes or were in another dimension like Mania. The only real exceptions being racing spinoffs. Metal is surprisingly still sparingly used to this day

His character in the first place was supposed to be Sonic's double and capable of everything he can do. Tacking on the Neo shit took away from what Metal was supposed to be back in Heroes

And it is, isn't it? As I said earlier, all it got in terms of being SA3 is its gameplay which, like you said, for the most part. However, it's still not an actual direct sequel to the Adventure games either. It was never considered as one at all. The gameplay style doesn't automatically makes it the "true" SA3, it's still a different game with no relation to Adventures. And Forces basically is Generations 2 with OCs, but like 06, it was never considered as an actual sequel to Generations.

What if Zavok is a real asshole and brute here and not a lolvillain?

>Homo edition

youtu.be/_DgMLqpXoBc

Funny enough, Forces will be Metal's first chronological appearance since Heroes.

Silver is cute!

But user, I'm a translatefag too!

I think Metal Sonic has only had a speaking voice like, twice. Once in the OVA and once again in Heroes.

Sonic the Hedgehog general: If you're here, you're queer

>His character in the first place was supposed to be Sonic's double and capable of everything he can do.
No, his character in the first place was supposed to be a robot Sonic. Metal was capable of tons of shit that Sonic can't, and vice versa. Hell, outside of Sonic 4 Episode Metal, he can't even spindash, unlike the two Mechas.

is Sonic's okay in that pic?

Go away, Dreamc*ckzx1.

Has there ever been an explanation for this?

How are our Texas anons holding up? I know there's a few of you who were in the path of the storm. Please check in at some point.

I want Heavy Magician to vore me

Metal Sonic is kill

Heavy Magician is my girlfriend

Is Heroes considered part of the Adventure era?

spoilers: a lot of popular, mascot video game franchises have a shitload of aspies in their fanbases

Sonic's have more attention brought to them because ebin memez

source?

kek