Why aren't there any 4 door cars with no B pillar anymore?

Why aren't there any 4 door cars with no B pillar anymore?

Liberals.

Rollover protection, structural rigidity, crashworthiness, and lack of a market for them.
Oh, and unibody construction instead of body-on-frame barges that get two gallons to the mile, stop like an elephant on ice, and turn like a train.

This. The rapid switch to unibody construction meant that such important details as B pillars were much more structurally important than ever before. Not to mention rollover standards coming into play around 1980, and getting beefed up exponentially over the years to the point where modern cars are required to support like three times their own weight when upside-down.

For those curious, if I remember right the last 4-door with no B pillar sold in America was the 1978 Ford LTD series.

Because people like their heads

splain this shit nigga

>pop
>*panties drop*

>roll
>*get shot*

nigga you think we stopping?

rep that shit everyday nigga

you gotta consider too hardtop coupes have been a dying breed. Most car manufacturers will BLACKED out the B pillar to give the impression that the post has been deleted

Chink standards are more lenient than American ones.

You see deviations in upmarket sportscars because they have more RnD and materials put into them than mass market econoboxes

>you gotta consider too hardtop coupes have been a dying breed

i fucking hate this
>okay let's look at two doors
>CONVERTIBLE
>CONVERTIBLE
>CONVERTIBLE
>CONVERTIBLE
Add the cost of a roll cage and a hardtop to any convertible. It's fucking ridiculous. I actually go to the track. I don't cruise "duh twisties". Goddamnit.

Conservatives

Poor person lying on the internet detected.

>Open door.
>It falls off.

why the fuck does it look so sexy?

Hurr dey r boooaaatsss
I daily drive 3 70's cars. They're the same as a 90's car, only rwd.

>>pop
>>*panties drop*

Because the owner has a sniff bag of his sister's that he stole.

I believe Mercedes has brought back the new E or S class coupe as pillarless after a bit of a hiatus. So fucking refreshing.

They had a dark period from the mid-late 00's through to just a year ago or so. I now believe we are in the midst of a second Mercedes-Benz renaissance (the last one being the early 80's through the early 90's)