BMW, the brand known for making simple NA 6 cylinder manual cars...

>BMW, the brand known for making simple NA 6 cylinder manual cars, only makes turbocharged automatic 2000KG land-barges now, the next M cars will probably all be AWD hybrids, the next 1 and 2 series will be FWD
>Jaguar, the brand known for making sleek cars with characteristic engines, even to the point that they once intentionally designed the engine bay of the XJ to be too narrow to accept the V6 BL wanted to force on them, just released a four cylinder F-Type, the next XJ will be a fat bag of shit with the only drive option being an electric motor, already being tested in a SUV
>Audi, the company who built their brand on the back of AWD, has made all of their cars Haldex-style FWD bias shit, except for the S and RS models
>etc etc etc.
>ferrari only makes turbocharged fat cruisers now
>the audi r8 is going turbocharged
>mercedes thinks piano black plastic and LED lighting everywhere means luxury
>alfa romeo only makes automatics
>snek is dead
>next corvette will be slushmatic only
>next supra will be slushmatic only
>mitsubishi is dead
>subaru is killing the wrx/impreza
>porsche only makes diesel/hybrid luxury cars now and 4 cylinder cuckboxes
>all the small british car brands are dead
>ICE engines are going to be phased out entirely in a few years
>cars that don't drive themselves will be priced off the road in a few years
>owning a car at all will probably not be a thing in 10-15 years

Where do I get off this ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrFnrcpBj5k
youtube.com/watch?v=PNpxG9JsSGo
autoevolution.com/news/2018-tvr-griffith-v8-sports-car-teaser-shows-off-manual-transmission-119672.html
tvr.co.uk/new-car
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attack_on_the_Dutch_royal_family
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphen_aan_den_Rijn_shopping_mall_shooting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R1200GS,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

at the used 80s/90s car market

hopefully once EV has fully matured we'll get back to comparable power output for much lighter weight
but car makers don't like making throwback cars, it seems.

at the /ourguys/ Mazda and Lotus dealerships

Those cars won't last forever, and they sure wont be cheap in the future.

Don't care if EV cars are all 1000KG cars with 1000BHP, I don't want a car with no sound, no power delivery curve and no gears.

Mazda and Lotus can't defeat legislation.

Don’t care, just means there’ll be a plenthora of 00s/10s shitboxes to buy for cheap once the normies abandon them for electric cars

Just be grateful you got to drive at all.

audi only uses haldex for transverse shit

read last part of his post

we probably wont be soon

All of these things fell out of popularity because they weren't in demand

Manual transmissions are going out of style as fewer and fewer cars offer them at all. N/A engines are going out because of emissions regulations, cars are going hybrid because the fuel savings is superior.

Face it, car culture is dying.

NVM im retarded

>hand crank starting is going out of style as fewer and fewer cars offer them at all. Electric generators and side valves engines are going out because of emissions regulations, cars are going EFI because the fuel savings is superior
>Face it the car culture is dying

how retarded are you? seriously?

Not anymore, Google it, new A4, A5, A7 etc are FWD only when cruising.

>only Alfa that matters can only be bought with a auto
Retard.

>>porsche only makes diesel/hybrid luxury cars now and 4 cylinder cuckboxes
No they aren't you tard. Porsche says they're keeping their GT4 and GT3 cars NA and high revving. They even brought the manual back into the GT3. 911s will never be downsized from flat 6s.

>Electric motors have no sound
You can blame trendfags for that. But boy would I love a electric car that played musical scales when I accelerate.

>bmw only 2000kg land barges
false
>next m cars awd hybrids
false
>next 2 series fwd
false
>alfa automatics only
false
>porsche only diesel luxury cars
they stopped building diesels

What's the problem with this, though? It reduces parasitic losses in situations where tranction demands are low.

Win the lottery, acquire hangar filled with shitboxes and soon-to-be-discontinued spare parts.
It's what I'm planning to do.

just go and buy a car that's not any of those things then since they're clearly not marketed to you.

Tbh I think electric cars have the potential to be really good
>insane torque and acceleration
>extremely simple
>no maintenance
>sound kinda cool (listen to a flyby video, it's like a quiet jet fighter)
>much more freedom with layouts (can mount the batteries on the bottom and have multiple electric motors, no need for heavy inefficient drive shafts)
Once they figure out how to make light and long lasting batteries, I wouldn't be surprised if electric cars ended up even better than ICE.

Pick a common 80/90s car with a large community. When the time comes, Rebuild the engine and replace parts with more durable/better designed parts as necessary along the way. You'll end up with a full restomod over time. Unless you fuck the frame up, you can keep a car indefinitely

Because it can't behave like a proper AWD system, it'll always just drive like a FWD car but with more traction.

You are everything that is wrong with modern car culture.

They'll last our lifetimes and hopefully amateur 3d make home manufacturing of all the little plastic parts easier
Is Subaru really killing off the wrx? The only soobs I see on the road are wrxs and foresters

>Chevy and Ram are still making proper V8 trucks
>Mustang and Camaro still exist, in proper V8 form
>Even Ford has a chad 5.0 V8 available for its aluminum trucklet
>Dodge came out with a Demon, after their 707hp hellcat
>Ford and Chevy also making 'roided up versions of their cars

Not all is lost, at least the burgers haven't caved completely to the eurofags,
>muh environment, drive a prius bigot
and cucked themselves out of The V8 masterrace.

Count on the burgers to make driving great again

Chebby just released the new Camaro with a 10 speed gearbox, that pretty much destroys the entire drivetrain in my books as it's basically a CVT. It isn't a V8 if you only get to hear 1000RPM of the rev range.

>It isn't a V8 if you only get to hear 1000RPM of the rev range.

fugggggg, every single solitary RPM should be audible for miles when accelerating and climbing gears with a glorious V8.

shit at least it has an actual engine in it, and isn't a cucked go-kart

youtube.com/watch?v=FrFnrcpBj5k

Tragic shame.

Don't be fucking stupid.

Motorcycles.

It's impressive though

Buyers dictate the rules, not manufacturers. Also some things are cheaper to produce than the others, which is crucial for automakers to spend less and earn more. You think ANY, I repeat, ANY manufacturer cares about their cars? Its all about cash and nothing else matters. M, AMG, RS etc. cars are made cause it generates money, not because they want to stick with their heritage.

Fun fact: Porsche actually told in their interview that they will stop producing Panamera, Cayenne etc. with diesel engines, cause they werent in demand, and only people who bought them anyway are from Europe which really is like 10% of whole market share

I come bearing good news user

Their is a rumor going around that BMW is making an ultra lightweight roadster(2500 lbs ish car fitted with a high revving motorcycle engine from one their bikes)

Apparently gonna be revealed next month at Geneva. Bunch of legit leaked documents talking about it.

I'm skeptical but will insta bUy if true

It's a hybrid though. It's already a shadow of what it could have been

>Don't care if EV cars are all 1000KG cars with 1000BHP
You sound like a manchild.
Instant torque cars with low center of gravity will make much more interesting sport cars.
>no gears
Electric cars CAN have gears. Petrol engines for cars have been improving for a hundred years, while electric engines (for cars) have not. Give them time.

>owning a car at all will probably not be a thing in 10-15 years
Cars that drive themselves need decent roads, and outside of Europe and part of America, that shit is rarer than you think.
Just move to latin america if you want, autonomous cars won't be the norm here for a few more decades - IF they ever do anyways.

wrong

This.

Ebikes are a thing, but are way less feasible than electric cars. You don't have as much room or weight for a giant battery. ICE bikes aren't going anywhere.

Turbo bikes are also a thing, but fuck that and also superchargers are better anyway. Dual clutch bikes are a thing (lol Honda) but are an oddity. CVTs only come in scooters. MotoGP isn't being choked to death by regulations. Every bike worth riding (which is a lot of them) comes standard with usually a 6-speed wet clutch sequential dogbox. 100 horsepower is all you will ever need on a 350 pound bike, and you'll be 40 rolling with tuners, except you can actually corner and U turn inside of a parking space.

>but muh safety
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Ride smart and wear your gear and it's actually just about as safe as driving.

Bike motors are also hilariously over square, and rev to like fucking 17,000 rpm. Lots of them don't even come on power until after 10,000 rpm.

>but muh emissions regulations
Bikes get like 80 mpg because they weigh nothing.

You also FEEL EVERY SINGLE VALVE OPEN AND SLAM SHUT BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS INCHES AWAY FROM YOUR SOFT, FLESHY, LEATHER-CLAD TAINT AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

Who cares about new cars?
Who can even afford to waste money on them?

Seems like Hybrid are just helpers and not the main power source, so that sweet bikuuu engine is what will give you the power

>internal combustion engine engine
What did he mean by this?

>>next corvette will be slushmatic only
Haha no.

There's no way they would make the Corvette auto only.
The Corvette currently allows you to get either a manual or automatic in any trim level.
They've put too much money into this 7 speed manual just to drop it entirely after 4 years.

Also, if you are looking for a decent sports car that is still true to what it used to be, pick up a camaro.

>the absolute state of the car market rn

>heavy drive shafts
retard

>batteries fucking melt if the car is driven hard for any reasonable amount of time
>costs almost the price of the car to replace the battery
>takes an hour to fully charge a tesla
>mentioning sound when that’s the worst part about electric cars
Honestly battery tech is the thing really holding back electric cars, which shouldn’t be surprising since they’re basically a battery on wheels

youtube.com/watch?v=PNpxG9JsSGo

The Chad hellcat

hello eggman

the hellchad

why do V8s sound like complete shit

>me power hinga binga diddly doo more power gib more popwer xdDDD
holy fuck this brainlet lmao

Not if you're not an Amerifat.
>next corvette will be slushmatic only
Source? Corvette has always been one of the best selling manual cars in the US, why would they get rid of that?
>porsche only makes diesel/hybrid luxury cars now and 4 cylinder cuckboxes
Which pay the bills for the 911 and Cayman, duh.
If you seriously think this, you're a brainlet. Electric isn't even close to 10% adoption, and once they hit that our electric grid will probably fail, not to mention the materials needed for batteries, nor the renewable fuels we're already making.
Horses still exist, don't they? Manual cars will become horses, which means we get rid of the useless shitboxes and transform into a patrician hobby.

This. It's just a matter of time before we see a 1000hp V8 hoonmobile for less than 100K at a Ford, GM or Dodge dealership.

Which is why you can buy one with a manual (you're forced to with the ZL1 1LE), or you just actually drive it and realise that it's a great transmission. You only use 2-6 anyways for spirited driving, 1st is a takeoff gear for hard launches, 7th is direct drive and 8-10 are all overdrives for 1250RPM highway cruising.

jesus christ, america isn't the world you fucking fat shits. only the 4c is strictly DCT, everything else is manual/DCT/ZF 8 speed.

my god, murika memes do have a lot of truth in them.

>wen u not sure what this guy post, but holy fuck he funny, fugggg

Turbo's on motorcycles are pure sex and thrills. Any form of boost is, really.

Superbike motors mostly don't go above 15K. 17K is a bit high. 10K RPM will scare most passengers anyway since that's where most of them start running into peak torque.

>They've put too much money into this 7 speed manual
They don't even make it in house though.

>Ferd, Chebby, or Doge might actually make a 1000hp Chadmobile
>Displacelets can't even compete.

"Butbutbutbutbut what about the self driving plastic electric econoboxes, I thought we liked those?" Squeal the blogwriters

>Miatas doing LS swaps to upgrade to Chad status
>MFW Burgers save the day, and make driving great again

Kill yourself faggot.

>alfa quadrigaylio isn't available with a manuel in the UK or US
>"b-but my third world shithole country gets it!"
>thinks anyone cares about his shithole country

>thinks anyone cares about his shithole country

fuck morrissey faggot.

>Have a shit market with consumers that only want autotragic shitboxes
>Be surprised when Euro manufacturers only offer autotragics
American education everyone.

>ICE engines

Internal Combustion Engine engines...
wat

Nah, car manufacturers are still investing in them.

>>all the small british car brands are dead
ARIEL
R
I
E
L

they've just released a final edition STi, and have said they aren't going to be making another for the foreseeable, although that could just be the STi, not WRX

also TVR is coming back, we still have caterham, radical, ginetta, bowler, and noble.

>TVR is coming back
>with a automatic

it's a manual, you mong

Yeah, those days are over.

I'm super excited for the next generation of horsepower wars. I can't wait for 400hp to become the next 200 and for basic bitch American econoboxes to hit 200mph no problem.

The death of the aut*Mobile will be yet another triumphant victory for humanity.

The only regret we should have is that car drivers won't die with them inside.

>FERD and Mazda team up to put a 5.0 HCCI engine in a miata
>call it the new probe
>2500lbs

basic bitch econoboxes wont hit 200mph for a long while because of speed limiters and gearing

>american drivers with licenses you find in bags of crisps being given basic bitch cars that do 200mph
cant wait to see "retard behind the wheel" to become the new school shooter

Wrong.

autoevolution.com/news/2018-tvr-griffith-v8-sports-car-teaser-shows-off-manual-transmission-119672.html

You're a retard.

>august 9th 2017

It has been confirmed as having a manual, you stupid cunt.

autonomous cars aren't ready for prime time even on well-maintained roads, of which there are fewer and fewer in America. Even with massive infrastructure repairs taking years, it won't matter when the computer driving a car can't react properly - they need to be better than humans to be allowed on the road, and they're aren't even on par with us yet. Don't freak out so quickly.

tvr.co.uk/new-car
>The all new TVR features a 5.0 litre V8 powerplant with custom clutch, flywheel and ECU. In addition, a dry-sump and other enhancements by Cosworth together with a 6-Speed manual gearbox from Tremec are designed to deliver a class leading 400 bhp per tonne power-to-weight ratio.

They'll just put 155mph limiters on them - which you can get rid of with a simple tune.

Statistically speaking, the retard behind the wheel is already more deadly.

delete these posts

>Statistically speaking, the retard behind the wheel is already more deadly.
yeah but usually to other retards behind the wheel.
What needs to happen is a basic bitch econobox doing 200 mph plowing through a crowd of muh chillums on a school trip or something.

A car already has the highscore in my country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_attack_on_the_Dutch_royal_family
>1 Suzuki Swift
>7 killed
>Single most lethal Dutch terrorist attack

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphen_aan_den_Rijn_shopping_mall_shooting
>1 idiot armed with an M&P15-22
>6 killed
>Single most lethal Dutch terrorist attack with a gun

Shit, I'll never look at my Swift the same way again.

Fellas, what happened to that 2cyl hybrid purist car that BMW leaked on here a couple of weeks ago?

>>porsche only makes diesel/hybrid luxury cars now and 4 cylinder cuckboxes
k this is just wrong m8

I thought that was just for the UK.

It was 2200lb iirc and would use the engine from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R1200GS, plus 60 more hp from one 30hp electic motor over each front wheel.

>a fucking 2000lb swift has the highscore
Holy shit

>Ford is still on top

feels good, this image is only missing the ranger raptor now

Six American vehicles, and every single one of them cucked out of having a crossplane V8.

sperg more

>Traplover displacelet getting BTFO in yet another thread

holy fuck the GM cuckold is still raging the day after lol

That's a nice Canadian racecar you've got there.

You can also get a really, really good six speed manual though

1le Camaros are manual only